Jump to content


Damaging your allies - new penalty system

team kill team damage friendly fire

  • Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

malachi6 #21 Posted 09 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50237 battles
  • 3,601
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
So basically, I sit next to a guy and wait for him to focus on the enemy.  Time it just right and make more money than if I actually played the game?  The guy has done F all wrong but has to play for a week to cover his losses?  I like this idea.  I am not a griefer but in some high tier games I struggle t make money. WIth your system I take out my tier 10, don't bother trying to play and make 600,00 credits? Bring it on.

HassenderZerhacker #22 Posted 09 September 2018 - 11:16 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27401 battles
  • 2,417
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 09 September 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

I can agree with all. Although ramming can really be incidentally. Think how many times you reverse to get undercover and you hit another tank. ususally this damage is very small and it's already compensated. 

the idea of punishing a whole platoon can be interesting.

 

not the whole platoon, just who shot at the victim, even just one time.

 

about the pushing, ramming once would just count as 1 shot, but pushing without damage would count 1 shot for every second spent pushing another tank that doesn't want to be pushed.



FizzleMcSnizzle #23 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:42 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6400 battles
  • 476
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018
Clickers who damage their own team every bloody game should be forbidden from cracking one off for ten games.

Alfa_Tau #24 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:26 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9249 battles
  • 77
  • [I_E_C] I_E_C
  • Member since:
    02-14-2015

View Postmalachi6, on 09 September 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

So basically, I sit next to a guy and wait for him to focus on the enemy.  Time it just right and make more money than if I actually played the game?  The guy has done F all wrong but has to play for a week to cover his losses?  I like this idea.  I am not a griefer but in some high tier games I struggle t make money. WIth your system I take out my tier 10, don't bother trying to play and make 600,00 credits? Bring it on.

 

Dear Sir

The starting point of my proposal is that the actual system DOES NOT discourage some players from shooting allies because the penalty is too light. Do you agree or are you happy with the actual system?? 

If you think everything is fine, is OK for me. If not please make your proposal. Talking about finding another way to cheat is not incouraging any discussion. I have very few battles compared to you, therefore is from people like you that I expect some suggestion.

Wish you a very good monday  

 

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 10 September 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Clickers who damage their own team every bloody game should be forbidden from cracking one off for ten games.

 

Yes the artillery team damage should also be punished . Perhaps increasing the penalty over  time. This because arty is intrisecally less accurate then any direct fire gun  and the flight time of the projectile is longer.  
 

Grand_Moff_Tano #25 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1764 battles
  • 10,728
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 10 September 2018 - 05:26 AM, said:

 

Dear Sir

The starting point of my proposal is that the actual system DOES NOT discourage some players from shooting allies because the penalty is too light. Do you agree or are you happy with the actual system?? 

If you think everything is fine, is OK for me. If not please make your proposal. Talking about finding another way to cheat is not incouraging any discussion. I have very few battles compared to you, therefore is from people like you that I expect some suggestion.

Wish you a very good monday  

 

The system you propose will encourage some people to seek team damage, rather than actually discouraging some people from commiting team damage.

FrantisekBascovansky #26 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 10678 battles
  • 135
  • Member since:
    03-26-2018

View PostFizzleMcSnizzle, on 10 September 2018 - 01:42 AM, said:

Clickers who damage their own team every bloody game should be forbidden from cracking one off for ten games.

 

Also, dumbheads driving their tanks right into to circle marked by allied arty and get hit/splashed right after should be banned for a day right after the battle end.

Jigabachi #27 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,337
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011
We had that idea countless times. It's stupid. End of it. All we need is WG to refine the curent system, o that it doesn't depend on shots taken but on damage done, combined with harsher penalties. Simples.

Grand_Moff_Tano #28 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:00 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1764 battles
  • 10,728
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 10 September 2018 - 03:57 PM, said:

We had that idea countless times. It's stupid. End of it. All we need is WG to refine the curent system, o that it doesn't depend on shots taken but on damage done, combined with harsher penalties. Simples.

 

And a forgive and forget system, since there have been a few times where I have recklessly gone into my teammates shot.

Keyanu #29 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10025 battles
  • 368
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

They should do an "eye for an eye" meaning if you teamdamage someone, deliberate or not, your hitpoints will be deducted the same amount you hit your own guy for.



wsatnutter #30 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 25121 battles
  • 7,761
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
OP your suggestion makes no sense

Grand_Moff_Tano #31 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1764 battles
  • 10,728
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostKeyanu, on 10 September 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

They should do an "eye for an eye" meaning if you teamdamage someone, deliberate or not, your hitpoints will be deducted the same amount you hit your own guy for.

 

Again, this can be taken advantage of by trolls.

Jigabachi #32 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:39 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,337
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 10 September 2018 - 05:00 PM, said:

And a forgive and forget system, since there have been a few times where I have recklessly gone into my teammates shot.

That would be a good idea.

 

btw: I really don't get people who suggest all kinds of overly complicated mechanics, when we could simply just balance and rework the ones we already have.

"There is a hole in the street, do you want me to-...."

"Shhh, listen. We'll mill and scrape off the entire surface, redo it, add 3 more curves and a traffic island."

"But... we could simply fill the hole, fix the surface and be done with it..."

"We COULD... but. You know. TRAFFIC ISLANDS WITH FLOWERS!!1"



H4NI #33 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:17 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 41819 battles
  • 2,525
  • Member since:
    10-30-2012
Team damage should be removed for normal tanks, punished for arty players and problem solved.... How many times i witnessed our arty splashing teammates/me for xxx (or teamkilling them) for that 30hp kill on enemy tank.

Edited by H4NI, 11 September 2018 - 07:17 AM.


Alfa_Tau #34 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9249 battles
  • 77
  • [I_E_C] I_E_C
  • Member since:
    02-14-2015

View PostKeyanu, on 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

They should do an "eye for an eye" meaning if you teamdamage someone, deliberate or not, your hitpoints will be deducted the same amount you hit your own guy for.

 

Yes this an option, but in this way the team will suffer double damage, and in the end will lose 2 tanks. I rather think a simple solution would be to block friendly fire just like it was done in Frontline.   
16:16 Added after 3 minutes

View PostH4NI, on 11 September 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Team damage should be removed for normal tanks, punished for arty players and problem solved.... How many times i witnessed our arty splashing teammates/me for xxx (or teamkilling them) for that 30hp kill on enemy tank.

 

Sorry but I do not agree. If you remove it sholud be valid for all classes. Now the problem we can encounter is that is relatively easy to block direct fire from happening. But with arty? flight time is 2 seconds or more: if arty shoot in a place where there is no allies and in that time 1 of them move inside the area?  
16:19 Added after 7 minutes

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

Again, this can be taken advantage of by trolls.

 

Trolls like you? 6 posts without 1 positive comment or proposal? Only critics to Others. nice attitude.  

Grand_Moff_Tano #35 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1764 battles
  • 10,728
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 11 September 2018 - 04:12 PM, said:

Trolls like you? 6 posts without 1 positive comment or proposal? Only critics to Others. nice attitude.  

So I'm a troll for pointing out that the majority of ideas in this thread are unworkable and can easily be exploited. And I'm not here to guarantee positive comments or proposals, I'm here to point out how stupid your suggestion actually is.



Jigabachi #36 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17946 battles
  • 19,337
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostH4NI, on 11 September 2018 - 07:17 AM, said:

Team damage should be removed for normal tanks, punished for arty players and problem solved.... How many times i witnessed our arty splashing teammates/me for xxx (or teamkilling them) for that 30hp kill on enemy tank.

That doesn't make any sense.

 

View PostAlfa_Tau, on 11 September 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

Trolls like you? 6 posts without 1 positive comment or proposal? Only critics to Others. nice attitude.  

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by Jigabachi, 11 September 2018 - 05:34 PM.


Alfa_Tau #37 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:30 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9249 battles
  • 77
  • [I_E_C] I_E_C
  • Member since:
    02-14-2015

View PostOrkbert, on 09 September 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

 

Umm, it doesn't happen all that often in my matches. In the last two weeks or so it might have happened once or twice (and both might have been accidents) and that was to some other player on my team. I haven't been deliberately shot at by my team for at least three months or so. And I do play quite some arty.

 

So while teamdamage is indeed bad, if it happens so often to you but much less often to an arty player like me then there could be reasons why you attract friendly fire while I don't.

 

Well I'm not sure I understand your point. I also play arty (mainly because of campaign mission) and I cannot remember to have suffered team damage. But it happens to me SOMETIME when I play a medium or a TD. I guess is because it's more easy to find yourself in a situation where you compete to reach a good firing position, or sometime your ally decide to try to hit a tank which is very close to you and hit you instead of the enemy. Thanks God is not happening everyday but it is not pleasant anyway.  




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users