Six Sence

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Jimbodiah #21 Posted 10 September 2018 - 08:24 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [NBTT] NBTT
I'vbe had 6th sense go off when driving between two mountains with no enemy that could see me, and it not go off when I was actually spotted. Hey, it's not a bug, it's a feature. Just like not hearing most of the shots that hit you so you find out you are driving with 10hp left when you thought you were full HP and unspotted. Every new patch a new bug feature like this is added.

WojtekTheBear #22 Posted 11 September 2018 - 02:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26812 battles
Sixth sense not activating might be due to the way this game (and every other game out there) is implemented. There is this internet protocol called UDP and it is a fire and forget type of communication. Server assumes you receive those data packets always and if not, you should receive some new packets with new data in a moment so the previous ones don't matter. It works great with sending information on tank movement for example, because it doesn't matter whether you get all the data packages. For example let's say a tank drives forward so the server sends you four packets: 1. tank drives forward, 2. tanks drives forward. 3 tank drives forward. 4 tank stops. Let's say you loose packet nr 2., so now what you see in game is: 1. tank drives forward 3. tank drives forward 4. tank drives forward. Nothing really changes. But with sixth sense it is a different case. They send you this info not constantly but only once, and so if this packet goes missing, you don't get the notification. With sixth sense being delayed, I don't know. It is possible to get those UDP packets in a wrong order but loosing a packet for 1 second would be rather strange.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users