• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Zapfhan #1 Posted 10 September 2018 - 01:22 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 23118 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Hello Commanders 

We're starting the Supertest of a Soviet heavy that hasn't been in the spotlight for long: the IS-3A. The version tested has an interesting quirk: an autoreloader. The objective of the test is assessing how the mechanic works with a heavy tank.

Please note: we're checking the autoreloading mechanic on a heavy tank and not changes this particular vehicle. Also, this is the first iteration: we may adjust the mechanic and/or change the stats later.

The IS-3A has been chosen as a model aggressive brawling heavy here, and we're giving it the ability to conserve firepower. We'll see what happens! 

So what are we testing exactly?

In this Supertest, the IS-3A gets a three-round clip like the one the top-tier Italians have. But there's a playstyle-changing difference: here it's the first round that takes the least time to reload, not the third one. 12/15/18 seconds is the reloading time for the first, the second, and the third shells respectively (at the first stage of testing). You're able to fire once the first round is in, but in this case the loading sequence will start anew so you may want to wait for another shell. Or probably for one more.

In brief: when you're empty, each successive round takes more time to load. 

So what do we want after all?

We want a heavy that favors a pronounced attack. A vehicle conserving firepower when the battle slows down or while changing its position, and then giving out around 1,200 damage while staying in combat (this tank should be able to wage war with one shell loaded, if needed—for the reload time for the first one is short). The gun parameters still consign it to the role of a brawler as the gun's low accuracy precludes sniping. Still, close combat should be more comfortable because the aiming time went down to 3.0 seconds (from 3.4 seconds). All-out attacking and a series of hard-hitting punches FTW! 

So what will happen to the IS-3A in the future?

It's being discussed as we're testing a gameplay concept of an autoreloader heavy and not an IS-3A variant. A lot will be defined by test results, like whether this concept sees release. In any case we'll make sure to inform you on any changes to the IS-3A, if these happen.

Once again, the stats and even the gameplay concept for the tank aren't final and are subject to change, depending on testing data and your feedback.

supertest-is-3-autoloader_EN_fix.jpg

Stay tuned, and get lucky in every battle!

Vokatius #2 Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16050 battles
  • [ARTA] ARTA

View PostZapfhan, on 10 September 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

[...] So what are we testing exactly?

In this Supertest, the IS-3A gets a three-round clip like the one the top-tier Italians have. But there's a playstyle-changing difference: here it's the first round that takes the least time to reload, not the third one. 12/15/18 seconds is the reloading time for the first, the second, and the third shells respectively (at the first stage of testing). You're able to fire once the first round is in, but in this case the loading sequence will start anew so you may want to wait for another shell. Or probably for one more.

In brief: when you're empty, each successive round takes more time to load. [...]

Well, giving the first shot the shortest reload, is completely negating the most relevant disadvantage of the Autoreloading mechanic, `cuz now this tank has the burst-damage of an autoreloader and the good dpm after emptying the clip, which doesn't put this tank in the representative "do I want to empty my clip and have really bad dpm till I'm fully reloaded or do I just shoot one by one like normal tanks"-situation, but in a "I'm just going to empty my clip and then keep on shooting like a normal tank"-situation, which makes any other tank objectively inferior, because the "new" Is-3A has the possibility to hit them three times like an autoloader and then keep on playing like a normal (competitive) tank - unlike the Italian tanks.

Edited by Vokatius, 10 September 2018 - 02:14 PM.

Geno1isme #3 Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47522 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

So ... you'll have a clip and superior DPM to your advantage, combined with IS-3 troll armor. That doesn't sound problematic at all. Definitely not a tank for YOLO maneuvers.

Edited by Geno1isme, 10 September 2018 - 02:17 PM.

Jegi_The_Heat #4 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:04 PM

Private

• Player
  • 55980 battles
  • [G___B] G___B

IS-3A is garbarage, trust me, i have it 3th marked and i remember time when i was marking it, penetration simply doesnt work but it is 221, gun handling is REALLY BAAD!

This changes might bring some good things about it, i agree with this changes but this tank need slightly better gun handling.

Good luck with these, IS-3A is very rare tank to meet in Random or even i Team battles and guess why...

_Sensation_ #5 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10609 battles
  • [GO-HA] GO-HA

View PostGeno1isme, on 10 September 2018 - 02:15 PM, said:

So ... you'll have a clip and superior DPM to your advantage, combined with IS-3 troll armor. That doesn't sound problematic at all. Definitely not a tank for YOLO maneuvers.

Troll armor? That was 3 years ago my man, those times are gone

Long_Range_Sniper #6 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37249 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

If you're testing this mechanic on this tank then you must have an idea about which heavy tanks used it in real life (or at least a blueprint).

Please don't start making up tanks from sticking together mechanics you think would be interesting.

So which tanks are you looking at?

Paul_Kouadio #7 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5747 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 10 September 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

If you're testing this mechanic on this tank then you must have an idea about which heavy tanks used it in real life (or at least a blueprint).

Please don't start making up tanks from sticking together mechanics you think would be interesting.

So which tanks are you looking at?

The IS-7 did have an autoloader...

Long_Range_Sniper #8 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37249 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostPaul_Kouadio, on 10 September 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

The IS-7 did have an autoloader...

http://forum.worldof...s-7-autoloader/

I never knew that......

and I've got an IS-7......:trollface:

Dr_Oolen #9 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23506 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
oh look, wg found a way how to put autoreloader on a rashn tonk and by pure chance the rash tonk gets the better version of autoreloader than the tech tree that is supposed to be the autorealoded tree of the game :thinking:

Edited by Dr_Oolen, 10 September 2018 - 04:29 PM.

Schepel #10 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 65441 battles
This is kind of silly. The burst potential NEEDS to be balanced by a distinct disadvantage. Take that away, and you get a tank that can empty its clip and then continue as normal. No disadvantage, just a huge increase in firepower. The 3A is one of the few premiums I regret buying because it is just that much worse than other T8 (Russian premium) heavies, so it could do with a buff, but as a mechanic, this is downright stupid.

Marppuli #11 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22616 battles
  • [MOTUS] MOTUS

Italian autoreloaders: high burst damage at the cost of suffering big drop in DPM

Soviet autoreloader: high burst damage at the cost of keeping your normal DPM plus then some if you happen to have the extra time to reload more shells

Totally balanced, right?

Beats me, go figure... :harp:

thePhilX #12 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 29121 battles
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV

Keep in mind that this is just the first supertest iteration and all stats are still subject to change.

The feedback that we will receive from the players will impact the further development and decide if that mechanic will reach the live-server.

jetfirecro #13 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 28344 battles
interesting  :popcorn:

BR33K1_PAWAH #14 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I dont understand why WG posts on every forum about testing of one single tank (yes, the same exact thread apeared today on .ru forum).

Mb it's time for a new yacht for comrade Victor (mb as a New Year present). In that case, this tank probably gonna be OP as hell, will hit the servers pretty soon and will be sold in a ridiculously overpriced bundle.

:popcorn:

Hiisi #15 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16611 battles

1200 clip, way better dpm than lowe... way too OP now.

alfa needs to be lower and reload time higher for the first shot, but less penalty for reloading a clip.

Balanced stats might be:

320 alfa, reload 12-14-16. 960 clip.

There are also 10 other nations than russia. Why not balance those for a while...

Search_Warrant #16 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 28596 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
Give it a 10 round autoreloader and i still wouldent touch it., im not touching that stupid gimped IS-3 in EVERY METRIC!. guns literally unplayable levels of garbage, the pen sucks and the APCR is the icing on the crap cake. its slow AF for no reason and the DPM boost does nothing becuase you need to take 5 times longer to aim than snapshot normal IS-3 with godlike turret bloom 0.08!!! but IS-3A gets something like 0.38 billion and it SUCKS.

Dr_Oolen #17 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23506 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostthePhilX, on 10 September 2018 - 04:51 PM, said:

Keep in mind that this is just the first supertest iteration and all stats are still subject to change.

The feedback that we will receive from the players will impact the further development and decide if that mechanic will reach the live-server.

so when exactly did wg take into account player feedback? When was the last time "stats are still subject to change" actually related to something that actually happened during tank balancing?

DaddysLittlePrincess #18 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28609 battles
  • [_RO] _RO
It might work if the time of loading 1st shell would be really long, like 15s (and next shells even longer), so you lose dpm-wise against single shooters and loading full clip takes forever. Current iteration is simply stupid. You get 1200dmg clip and then dpm better than regular IS-3.

AndyAliens #19 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 60345 battles
  • [27PR] 27PR
I bet its the ST2 or STII double barrel jobby. We haven't heard about that in ages.

K_A #20 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13712 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
At least give it 14/16/18 reload if you really want to do it inversely, that way it will be able to burst in the beginning of an engagement, but single shot tanks will be able to catch up with their dpm if the fight progresses longer and/or if the IS-3A whiffs his shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users