• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

catatpillar #1 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19501 battles

Hello,

cheating mod.jpg

So first situation happened yesterday, i saw our E4 pinging for help and as a good medium (even left at one shot HP) i went to one side of the map to the other just to help him by shooting the E100 back or just force him turn his gun towards me. I had two paths to pick from and i used mouse scroll to extend map vision and see where E100 gun was pointing, by the time i was getting closer he was moving his turret and gun slowly towards me (i wasn't even in the 50m spotting range), so i picked the left side to see his back, but surprisingly for the time that took me to have vision on him, he completely moved his turret and one shot me. And i told myself - Okay, maybe he got super awareness, or extremely scared being flanked. But then again, why he moved his gun in the opposite direction leaving our E4 time to shoot him? 

Fcuk it, i left that behind.

But today the same thing happened again, in my very first battles of the playing session. I was crossing the whole town on Siegfrid Line, just to swap positions, because the other side had 11 tanks, most of them camping TDs, which frustrated me being bottom tier. By the time i arrived at the position mentioned at the pic the enemy 50tp wasn't even there, i stood there for several seconds to evaluate my plan, when he flashed at the minimap, exchanging shells with an allied tank, pointing his gun into completely different direction, so i decided to put a shot or two into his side armor. For my surprise he turned his gun so fast for a heavy tank, so fast indeed that he started turning it before i even appear behind the corner and put a shell into my tracks. Turning camera and driving helps to see such things better and did the enemy still watching in the previous direction.

I was spotted at the other end of the map earlier and there is no way he knew i changed positions. Neither there was a sign of a danger coming from that side.

I remember there was a mod pack a friend showed to me year ago, that includes which tank pointing his gun towards you and from which location you can expect danger. But is there a better one who can tell you enemy tanks position and position swap? I am simply frustrated. Such thing doesn't happen that often. There is no way both of them could've expected me, neither they saw me coming. 

I'll be glad to hear your thoughts about it.

CmdRatScabies #2 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37143 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Hello,

cheating mod.jpg

Cuz it's always easier to draw a picture than post a replay?

MeetriX #3 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 20435 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 10 September 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

Cuz it's always easier to draw a picture than post a replay?

That's not a low res replay?

Dr_ownape #4 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 42758 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

hmm yes...replay would seem the obvious answer, but then the obivous reply is "don't have all battles turned on"

Balc0ra #5 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66073 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

As based on what you said, we don't know how long you were spotted, or if you were perma spotted all that time vs the E100 even. Or not at the time in question. If you were perma spotted. He could have simply seen your dot move forward and reacted to it if he did consider you a bigger threat. Yes there is a gun direction mod. But.. if you get flanked by someone, you don't need a mod to say they are most likely going for you once they move out of cover. 

But with no replay. Who knows. As those drawings don't tell us what the rest of the enemy team did to make the target more.. aware of your actions or not. 

CmdRatScabies #6 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37143 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDr_ownape, on 10 September 2018 - 03:48 PM, said:

hmm yes...replay would seem the obvious answer, but then the obivous reply is "don't have all battles turned on"

They never do.  :)

duijm #7 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43365 battles
  • [RANGX] RANGX

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 02:35 PM, said:

Hello,

cheating mod.jpg

So first situation happened yesterday, i saw our E4 pinging for help and as a good medium (even left at one shot HP) i went to one side of the map to the other just to help him by shooting the E100 back or just force him turn his gun towards me. I had two paths to pick from and i used mouse scroll to extend map vision and see where E100 gun was pointing, by the time i was getting closer he was moving his turret and gun slowly towards me (i wasn't even in the 50m spotting range), so i picked the left side to see his back, but surprisingly for the time that took me to have vision on him, he completely moved his turret and one shot me. And i told myself - Okay, maybe he got super awareness, or extremely scared being flanked. But then again, why he moved his gun in the opposite direction leaving our E4 time to shoot him? 

Fcuk it, i left that behind.

But today the same thing happened again, in my very first battles of the playing session. I was crossing the whole town on Siegfrid Line, just to swap positions, because the other side had 11 tanks, most of them camping TDs, which frustrated me being bottom tier. By the time i arrived at the position mentioned at the pic the enemy 50tp wasn't even there, i stood there for several seconds to evaluate my plan, when he flashed at the minimap, exchanging shells with an allied tank, pointing his gun into completely different direction, so i decided to put a shot or two into his side armor. For my surprise he turned his gun so fast for a heavy tank, so fast indeed that he started turning it before i even appear behind the corner and put a shell into my tracks. Turning camera and driving helps to see such things better and did the enemy still watching in the previous direction.

I was spotted at the other end of the map earlier and there is no way he knew i changed positions. Neither there was a sign of a danger coming from that side.

I remember there was a mod pack a friend showed to me year ago, that includes which tank pointing his gun towards you and from which location you can expect danger. But is there a better one who can tell you enemy tanks position and position swap? I am simply frustrated. Such thing doesn't happen that often. There is no way both of them could've expected me, neither they saw me coming. 

Maybe you got spotted by him or his ally? Let us see the replay please.

Homer_J #8 Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28351 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

I think if you turn replays on these things will stop entirely.

AzoreanOutkast #9 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8272 battles
  • [TM-PT] TM-PT

What u describe seens to me just good minimap awareness on their part rather then any kind of cheats.

I for one, even when engaging someone am always looking at my flanks between shots, or trying to figure what an enemy would do (for that i think if i was an enemy what would i do?).

Also u cant rule out u got spotted by another tank and they were alerted by that and that is why they were expecting u. Even perma spottin by a light u dont see...

And even if u werent spotted in last seconds, doesnt mean ppl arent aware of where u might be heading, just need to know ur last knowned position to extrapolate ur next move... Since ur dot will be there for quite sometime until u get spotted again, in certain maps and positions u probrably have only 2 or 3 choices of were to go or what to do.

Also in some maps, if u got some experience, u know exactly where ppl are gonna always come from, so u kinda expect that spot to have an enemy poppin its head out and many times u can take a shot at them, cause they got surprised that u are already aiming there and cant react quick enough to make us miss.

Also 50TP, i got one and the traverse on the turret is actually quite good, and if ur smart ull turn the tank also as u try to turn the turret to a new target so u get there much quicker, and if the guy as "snapshot" as a skill he will most likely hit u.

Edited by AzoreanOutkast, 10 September 2018 - 04:02 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48980 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 04:35 PM, said:

There is a gun direction mod that show you on the mini map which direction a spotted enemy is pointing his gun and it's legal.

Also there is the destroyed objects mod that show you any objects an unspotted enemy tanks destroys while moving. Trees, fences or hay bales destroyed by moving tank shows on the mini map as white pings. It's not hard to predict the enemy's path and this mod is illegal.

Balc0ra #11 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66073 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 10 September 2018 - 04:10 PM, said:

There is a gun direction mod that show you on the mini map which direction a spotted enemy is pointing his gun and it's legal.

Also there is the destroyed objects mod that show you any objects an unspotted enemy tanks destroys while moving. Trees, fences or hay bales destroyed by moving tank shows on the mini map as white pings. It's not hard to predict the enemy's path and this mod is illegal.

There are mods that show that indeed. But if he is perma spotted and he is on his flank. You don't need a gun direction mod to see his is coming or that he might aim for you. Nor do we know at what point he was spotted before or when he was first spotted after he flanked, or even if he drove over anything flanking around. 

But again.. with no replay. Who knows, and anything then is just speculations. Thus in situations like this when I start to wonder what happened. It's not the worst idea to ask the enemy players for their replay. As in any one of them. Just to see your known movements to them and when you were spotted. I've done that a few times. And I've been asked a few times to give one. You would be surprised on how many do give it to you. And I've been surprised on how long I've been spotted at times vs what I thought on some of them. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48980 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 September 2018 - 05:26 PM, said:

There are mods that show that indeed. But if he is perma spotted and he is on his flank. You don't need a gun direction mod to see his is coming or that he might aim for you. Nor do we know at what point he was spotted before or when he was first spotted after he flanked, or even if he drove over anything flanking around. 

But again.. with no replay. Who knows, and anything then is just speculations. Thus in situations like this when I start to wonder what happened. It's not the worst idea to ask the enemy players for their replay. As in any one of them. Just to see your known movements to them and when you were spotted. I've done that a few times. And I've been asked a few times to give one. You would be surprised on how many do give it to you. And I've been surprised on how long I've been spotted at times vs what I thought on some of them. 

That's why i commented on a particular part of the post.

Those are the mods available, any interpretation of the enemy's movements or decisions without a replay is up to the OP.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 10 September 2018 - 04:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You should perfectly know by now that all you wrote is 100% pointless ithout a replay to watch.

BR33K1_PAWAH #14 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3296 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Replay? :popcorn:

wsatnutter #15 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 24783 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
OP post the replay m8 or take off the rose tinted glasses

DeadLecter #16 Posted 10 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22016 battles

Do you have six sense? if not then you don't know whether you were spotted before that. And I should tell you that minimap destruction does exist so they know which objects you have destroyed so they might know that way that you are going for them. 

But if none of those applies then I don't know the answer unless I see the replay. I don't think there are any wallhacks or ESP cheats in WoT. But sometimes people are smart or just get lucky. The other day I was on Airfield map in my IS7 or Grille 15(I dont really remember) and I got shot by enemy CGC arty. Just by the direction I got hit I could guess he was hiding behind the bush so I took a shot and killed him. I can tell you if I was in that arty I would have though that there was cheat involved but now I know better. So take my word when I tell you, something has happened during your battle and you are not aware of it. That's why posting a replay helps so more experienced players can help you understand what happened

catatpillar #17 Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19501 battles

Got last battle replay only, sowwy :(

But the mod with trees and stuff sounds like what might have happened. Even tho i dont remember hitting any trees in both cases, but...

I wasn't spotted in both cases, cos i was crossing my base both times and no 6th sense popped up. There were no other tanks in range anyway.

Ps. In my last topic replay was concidered naming and shaming, thus why i dont bother keeping them....

Anyway i will try to provide such next time

Edited by catatpillar, 10 September 2018 - 06:44 PM.

catatpillar #18 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19501 battles

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 05:42 PM, said:

Got last battle replay only, sowwy :(

Anyway i will try to provide such next time

Until then you might explain this:

http://wotreplays.eu...h_tillon_155_58

or am i that drunk?

fwhaatpiraat #19 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46558 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

or am i that drunk?

You are shooting at a bunch of heavy tanks that are relatively close by, they have clear line of sight towards you, only thing is that you are not spotted. You shoot at them and they could see the start of the tracer because they are facing you (am I right at that? honest question). Why would they not fire at your direction?

CmdRatScabies #20 Posted 10 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37143 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postcatatpillar, on 10 September 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

or am i that drunk?

Not 100% sure which bit needs explaining but you sat next to / overlapping the T30 on the corner.  The guy missed the T30 & killed you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users