Wheeled Vehicles

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

UserZer00 #1 Posted 11 September 2018 - 04:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9752 battles

"We want to bring back active spotting, as higher-tiered light tanks have become passive spotters focusing more on dealing damage"

Why do I read that like, "We want to fix what we messed up, but without admitting to it. Past changes destroyed the playability of light tanks (as light tanks) at all tiers and we are now introducing wheeled vehicles to fill the gap"

Just some comments / questions:

1) Arty will love them as they will probably give them targets to shoot at early game

2) Heavies will hate them (see #1)

3) They will probably have to deactivate the "Help" button as people will complain that their internet connection is being impacted by the wheeled vehicles demanding help after over turning

4) Will their new "autoaim" feature work through obstacles? 
    If yes, doesn't that sound suspiciously like something that was identified as a cheat in the recent past?

5) Will they be coming out with a premium version of a wheeled ELC AMX with a derp gun in order to bring the thrill back to the name?

6) Should we start a betting pool to handle bids on how soon after their release WG will be nerfing their top speed?

That's all for now. 

Thank you for your interest (or not)

(If you are looking forward to the wheeled vehicles, please don't let my bitterness concerning WG's changes to light tanks spoil your fun. 

Go out, pet a dog, enjoy the wind in your face, help an old lady across the street and just forget all about this thread. 

It's easy once you get the hang of it.) 

Edited by UserZer00, 11 September 2018 - 08:31 PM.

Dava_117 #2 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18981 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
They will also be weack against HE. A single High caliber shell may take out all the wheels of a side, stopping it.

UserZer00 #3 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9752 battles

View PostDava_117, on 11 September 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

They will also be weack against HE. A single High caliber shell may take out all the wheels of a side, stopping it.

If anyone can place a HE shell near them when they are on the move of course.

Still, peoples skill at leading targets and getting good hits does seem to have improved these days (not mine, but other people). 

BKatt #4 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32367 battles
Before introducing anything, they should fix the current game.

Sfinski #5 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:10 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31349 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostUserZer00, on 11 September 2018 - 06:06 PM, said:

If anyone can place a HE shell near them when they are on the move of course.

Still, peoples skill at leading targets and getting good hits does seem to have improved these days (not mine, but other people). 

They've said that those wont be much faster than 100lt, so not that hard to hit. 
16:10 Added after 0 minutes

View PostBKatt, on 11 September 2018 - 06:08 PM, said:

This.

UserZer00 #6 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9752 battles

View PostBKatt, on 11 September 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Too late.  Once they are on the test server it's almost like they have to put them in the game!

(although I agree with you)

ares354 #7 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:14 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73772 battles

View PostDava_117, on 11 September 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

No they wont be. 

To stop that thing you must dmg most wheels. 

Hammerhead20 #8 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25370 battles

View PostBKatt, on 11 September 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

We all know that will never happen.

Sad, but that's the reality... 

Balc0ra #9 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65730 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostUserZer00, on 11 September 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

1) Arty will love them as they will probably give them targets to shoot at early game

3) They will probably have to deactivate the "Help" button as people will complain that their internet connection is being impacted by the wheeled vehicles demanding help after over turning

If yes, doesn't that sound suspiciously like something that was identified as a cheat in the recent past?

5) Will they be coming out with a premium version of a wheeled ELC AMX with a derp gun in order to bring the thrill back to the name?

6) Should we start a betting pool to handle bids on how soon after their release WG will be nerfing their top speed?

The thing to keep in mind is. Everything is still subject to change. Even how their "siege mode" works.  Or if they will get the boost mode or not.  

1: Depends on the map I guess. Not easy to say. As atm the French wheeled vehicles can't have speed and traverse at the same time. So with speed mode it's traverse is limited, but it can go 100 km/h. That and it has way less view range vs say a 13 90. How much? Don't know yet. But with that speed, it can get close and spot something regardless early on. 

2: I suspect they will. I suspect even meds will. But with a worse gun and longer reload vs the 13 90. Not easy to say how effective it will be, if it's pen is trash etc. Then again we don't know the speed limit in traverse mode. Could be silly high. Could be slow, but tight enough turn to still make it work. 

3: Going by what they said, wheeled vehicles are harder to filp, even when sliding down a hill sideways vs a tracked tank. How well that works remains to be seen. 

4: They did not say. Only said when close to a target and you can see the silhouette. Going by that I suspect it won't work like that. Or rather hope it won't work like that. 

5: I'm willing to bet there will be a wheeled premium. But an ELC? Who knows. 

6: Speed is why most want them. But if the speed is the aspect that makes them broken on live.... I suspect they will. But just because? I mean people did bet the same thing about the 268 4 before it hit live. But going by how many raged at that armor after it hit live. That was a rather safe bet. 

Dava_117 #10 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18981 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postares354, on 11 September 2018 - 05:14 PM, said:

No they wont be. 

To stop that thing you must dmg most wheels. 

That's why I said large caliber HE. Arty, 150mm shells and higher have enought splash to hit a whole broadside of those cars.

ares354 #11 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 73772 battles

View PostDava_117, on 11 September 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

That's why I said large caliber HE. Arty, 150mm shells and higher have enought splash to hit a whole broadside of those cars.

You dont know that. Arty may, but HE from tanks, I dont think so. 

kdaag #12 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24508 battles
  • [SWEPA] SWEPA

Anyone else realise that this will be the end of Artys (SPGs) for good and for bad...

Lots of wheeled vehicles will yolo into the enemy starting position and alla artys will be dead.

Lots of missions will be totally impossible...

Great planning as usual...

Sfinski #13 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31349 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postkdaag, on 11 September 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Anyone else realise that this will be the end of Artys (SPGs) for good and for bad...

Lots of wheeled vehicles will yolo into the enemy starting position and alla artys will be dead.

Lots of missions will be totally impossible...

Great planning as usual...

They are not that much faster than lights...

They still will get shot to pieces after being spotted in the open. 

BKatt #14 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32367 battles

View PostHammerhead20, on 11 September 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

We all know that will never happen.

Sad, but that's the reality... 

Yep i know. But one can hope they sprout a brain overnight. Right? :great:

Dava_117 #15 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18981 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postares354, on 11 September 2018 - 05:22 PM, said:

You dont know that. Arty may, but HE from tanks, I dont think so. 

KV-2 HE have a blast radious of 3.66m, so have all the soviet 152 up to tier 9. So the full diameter is more than 7m. Surely enought. Type5, E100 and 155mm gun have comparable blast radious. Heck, even 122mm HE jave a blat radious of 2.5m. A couple of those shell may take out all rhe wheel on a side as well.

Edited by Dava_117, 11 September 2018 - 05:32 PM.

Jigabachi #16 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBKatt, on 11 September 2018 - 05:08 PM, said:

Well. The game is broken to the very core and thus fubar, so that will never happen. Every part of the game needs repair.

But the worst thing is introducing new fancy lights when the mapdesign is still so horribly bad.

Simeon85 #17 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

More threat and risk to arties can only be a good thing, especially after the numbers going up since the new PMs making every other match a 3 arty hell.

I think they are interesting so far, guns wise they don't seem to be worse than lights which was one of my worries as they said that early on and considering lights already have bad guns that sounded pathetic. But we only have one vehicle judge so far but aside clip size the Panhard doesn't look to have any worse alpha, pen and accuracy than the 12t. It also has a way better aim time and might even have way better soft stats.

Speed wise they will only be that fast with drive mode, where their traverse is limited, default mode it only goes 60kph, albeit with over 50 hp/ton. 

I like the charge idea, the extended auto-aim (should have put that mod in for everyone to be fair as current auto-aim is so temperamental and it's an essential tool to make high mobility vehicles work) and like the different drive modes. Lots to think about when using these vehicles, they will have a massively high skill cap, especially if you add in that you can't turn unless already moving which will catch many people out. 

Only worry for me so far is the view range, 310 is just absurdly bad, and there is no way this thing will be able to active scout with any effectiveness with that view range. 

Edited by Simeon85, 11 September 2018 - 05:39 PM.

NoobySkooby #18 Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11927 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostUserZer00, on 11 September 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

"We want to bring back active spotting, as higher-tiered light tanks have become passive spotters focusing more on dealing damage"

Why do I read that like, "We want to fix what we messed up, but without admitting to it. Past changes destroyed the playability of light tanks (as light tanks) at all tiers and we are now introducing wheeled vehicles to fill the gap"

That's all for now. 

Thank you for your interest (or not)

(If you are looking forward to the wheeled vehicles, please don't let my bitterness concerning WG's changes to light tanks spoil your fun. 

Go out, pet a dog, enjoy the wind in your face, help an old lady across the street and just forget all about this thread. 

It's easy once you get the hang of it.) 

While you make some good points, could you use a different font colour so I can read you post a bit better:popcorn:

FrantisekBascovansky #19 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7633 battles

This will be the cancer.

HTs and TDs will be dead, even most of MTs will be dead, SPGs will be dead.

Nobody will ever play current LTs.

Battles will turn into campfests coz everybody will be aware of 100kph armed car.

No. Just no.

Edited by FrantisekBascovansky, 11 September 2018 - 07:11 PM.

Sfinski #20 Posted 11 September 2018 - 07:07 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31349 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 11 September 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

This will be the cancer.

HTs and TDs will be dead, even most of MTs will be dead, SPGs will be dead.

Nobody will ever play current LTs.

Battles will turn into campfests coz everybody will be aware of 100kph armed car.

No. Just no.

You do know you can shoot them? Why would these make anyone camp? Fast cars with crappy guns. Light tanks are far more dangerous. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users