• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Homer_J #21 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:47 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspeedphlux, on 12 September 2018 - 08:10 AM, said:

So, night was over, had a good sleep, drank my coffee, fully awake now, decided to watch the replay and give it a fresh perspective ... Figured there were too many odd things happening, so I went to try and report it and then this happened :

Downtime was announced yesterday.

https://eu.wargaming...t-issues/22833/

speedphlux #22 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44197 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
I didn't even know that page existed. Thanks Homer, will raise the ticket in the afternoon.

Homer_J #23 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 11 September 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

Well maybe, like hoodie thugs,

Hoodieist.  It's cold out there, they are just keeping their ears warm, poor things.

pihip #24 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14205 battles

I've seen this crap several times in World of Warships, and a few times in WoT as well - synch dropping by same clan members. When you call them out on it, either they laugh you off or get super defensive and touchy on the subject.

I'm biased on this and I have my (mostly personal and objectively bogus) opinions on clans and the like, but when I see stuff like what can be seen in OP's screen, I find it disgusting. They may claim they do it for fun and to challenge each other, I believe it's deliberate to pad stats for one side or the other, or to easily exchange info and bypass the lack of crossteam chat.

Simeon85 #25 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

If they played normally and it at least looks from the screenshot that most of them did, then I am not sure what the issue is here. 

Some members of the same platoon all went to battle at the same time and got lucky, extremely lucky if they were queued up solo.  

Done it a few times myself, you have a couple of platoons on and you queue up at the same time for a laugh, last time we got into a battle I managed to one shot one of my clan mates in his JpE100 with my Deathstar with a shot into his cupola, which IIRC caused him to rage quit :D

Edited by Simeon85, 12 September 2018 - 08:59 AM.

wsatnutter #26 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 25121 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
we still count in and it works OP nothing fishy here time to move on m8

_b_ #27 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:32 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55235 battles

Back in the days we did the same for lols, nothing beats killing one of your own clan :trollface: ....

....but....with introduction of the personal missions and rewards tanks it was barely a few weeks before I meet the first obj260 ... usually not driven by any good player. ...and then there is the t-22 rigging fail due to insane requirements....

So are there plenty of fishy incidents out there? Yes!  Do wargaming actually care? No!

They MIGHT react on it IF tickets with replays are sent in, but tbh I've lost a faith in them when it comes to handling fair-play / customer relations / game balancing / focus on game-enjoyment ....all they care about is milking EU and laughing all the way to the bank :/

krismorgan #28 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32805 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
We do it too-ts.............. 321 battle.

Homer_J #29 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postpihip, on 12 September 2018 - 08:57 AM, said:

I've seen this crap several times in World of Warships, and a few times in WoT as well - synch dropping by same clan members. When you call them out on it, either they laugh you off or get super defensive and touchy on the subject.

I'm biased on this and I have my (mostly personal and objectively bogus) opinions on clans and the like, but when I see stuff like what can be seen in OP's screen, I find it disgusting. They may claim they do it for fun and to challenge each other, I believe it's deliberate to pad stats for one side or the other, or to easily exchange info and bypass the lack of crossteam chat.

Just because you have no friends you don't need to be jealous of those who do.

speedphlux #30 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44197 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

Well, ticket with the replay file of the battle was sent in to the support. Hopefully that will clear things up.

P.S. : I find this "no naming and shaming" policy to be utter crap, but whatever - will play by their rules. For now.

Homer_J #31 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspeedphlux, on 12 September 2018 - 11:56 AM, said:

Well, ticket with the replay file of the battle was sent in to the support. Hopefully that will clear things up.

P.S. : I find this "no naming and shaming" policy to be utter crap, but whatever - will play by their rules. For now.

You still have not explained what you think they rigged.

eldrak #32 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48007 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

This has been allowed since the game started.

It happens a lot if you get a quick win in CW. Everyone grabs a tank and you press battle at the same time. It also happens when you get bye rounds in CW.

Pretty much every clan I've been in do this.

It's allowed as long as you are only cooperating with people in your own team (of course you try to kill your clan members for memes and bragging rights.)

speedphlux #33 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44197 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Paris is a map you can not really rig stuff at. Hence their aggressive play when the 6 members of the clan knew exactly where our forces were on. The yolo 5A on the start towards me in the south, had no reason to believe that I was alone there, unless he was told that over TS. My team had 113 and various other Medium tanks, who could've been right there with me to "greet" him. Their IS-7 followed him in immediately, knowing there would be no answer to him. 9 out of 10 times I try such "yolo" at the start of a game on Paris from their spawn, ends up in disaster for me, due to slow arriving support on the higher ground. In this case he yolo'ed straight down, without support, ate a shot in the lower plate from me for free and kept on pushing me, because he must have known I was still alone down there. Half a minute later, the pair of E-100s on my team showed up, as with the FV 4005 II. The E-100s were quickly dealt with, because of the refusal of the FV 4005 II to take any shots at the enemies, and I followed soon after. The FV 4005 II on my team had 2 shots the entire game, both were made after me and the pair of E-100s down in the south died. Another clear instance was the enemy's FV 4005 II trying to blind shoot the Grille 15 up north, visible on the minimap, because the Bat Chat 25t on our team, who was camping right next to the Grille, was repeatedly getting spotted, but not fired up, until the enemy's E4 trundled to a position where he can shoot him from some 2 minutes into the game. Free cam mod shows a lot in that replay. We simply had a team of 11 vs 19 that game.

DangerMouse #34 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26777 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

We regularly do countdown platoons, its some of the most fun you can have playing this game, trolling the other team on discord while shooting the crap out of each other.

Not every clan is obsessed with stats or rigging missions, some just like to play the game and chat.

We had a great game last week two full 13-57 platoons, one on each side.

DM 

OneSock #35 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35353 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

It's got to be easier to do lately, due the dwindling numbers in the MM of late.

Yeah some clans only do it "for fun" but the potential is always there for rigging, you know, "just bounce a few shots for HT15" etc.

I would personally say an adjustment to the MM so that clan mates never get on opposing teams is the pragmatic solution.

DangerMouse #36 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:04 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 26777 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View PostOneSock, on 12 September 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

It's got to be easier to do lately, due the dwindling numbers in the MM of late.

Yeah some clans only do it "for fun" but the potential is always there for rigging, you know, "just bounce a few shots for HT15" etc.

I would personally say an adjustment to the MM so that clan mates never get on opposing teams is the pragmatic solution.

:hiding: well one of your senior clan members sometimes joins us doing countdowns...

Why spoil the fun for all, seems a bit draconian...

DM

Edweird #37 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9800 battles
I'm keen to try this as it seems like fun.

But then what's to stop 2 toons from different clans or random players  doing the same and then teamspeaking each other.

Homer_J #38 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29160 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspeedphlux, on 12 September 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Paris is a map you can not really rig stuff at. Hence their aggressive play when the 6 members of the clan knew exactly where our forces were on. The yolo 5A on the start towards me in the south, had no reason to believe that I was alone there, unless he was told that over TS.

You really aught to check under your bed, you know, just in case.

From my experience of sync platooning the yoloing is to try and get your clan mates before someone else does.

Simeon85 #39 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Postspeedphlux, on 12 September 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

Paris is a map you can not really rig stuff at. Hence their aggressive play when the 6 members of the clan knew exactly where our forces were on. The yolo 5A on the start towards me in the south, had no reason to believe that I was alone there, unless he was told that over TS. My team had 113 and various other Medium tanks, who could've been right there with me to "greet" him. Their IS-7 followed him in immediately, knowing there would be no answer to him. 9 out of 10 times I try such "yolo" at the start of a game on Paris from their spawn, ends up in disaster for me, due to slow arriving support on the higher ground. In this case he yolo'ed straight down, without support, ate a shot in the lower plate from me for free and kept on pushing me, because he must have known I was still alone down there. Half a minute later, the pair of E-100s on my team showed up, as with the FV 4005 II. The E-100s were quickly dealt with, because of the refusal of the FV 4005 II to take any shots at the enemies, and I followed soon after. The FV 4005 II on my team had 2 shots the entire game, both were made after me and the pair of E-100s down in the south died. Another clear instance was the enemy's FV 4005 II trying to blind shoot the Grille 15 up north, visible on the minimap, because the Bat Chat 25t on our team, who was camping right next to the Grille, was repeatedly getting spotted, but not fired up, until the enemy's E4 trundled to a position where he can shoot him from some 2 minutes into the game. Free cam mod shows a lot in that replay. We simply had a team of 11 vs 19 that game.

To be honest there are plenty of logical explanations for those actions. 

Not like people don't yolo and blind shoot in other games, they could have just been crap players. 

I think you are just interpreting their actions in light of their being members of their clan on the other team, not objectively. 

speedphlux #40 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44197 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

Well, if we disregard that 1/3 of the matchup was made up from members of one clan, 3 of which were fresh Object 260 owners, with less then 20 battles in the vehicle, could give me an explaination as to why the game unfolded the way it did, other than the obvious TeamSpeak communication and having an insight of the enemies deployment ?

Everyone that has been part of a big clan/community has done sync'ed up queues at one time or another. Here's the challenge - gimme a screenshot were you and your clan mates are more then 7 in a single game. I admit, I've done it in the past, at one particular evening, back in my days in QSF-C, right after a very delayed successful late defense of our Landing zone (32 teams tournament for the landing at the last possible time zone slot to land on), we had 22 people in the CW channel and we did a synced up queue. We ended up split in 8 different games and there were no more then 5 of us in a single game. To see 10 - that's a whole different story. Maybe the population is less nowdays, it still seems quite unlikely, unless you're all well trained in queue-sync with something else in mind.

"Yolo'ing to get your mates" also does not float here. In the north, where the Bat was constantly getting spotted and the enemy 4005 II was shooting left of him trying to hit the Grille that was there unspotted, suggests that they had no intent in "getting their mates". Also in the south, were there was only the 4005 II on our team, shouldn't have been their focus of attack if they wanted to "get their mate" there, as he was the only member of that clan anywhere near that area. I mean really - who in their right mind would wanna eat a shot from an FV 4005 II for the chance to "get him" ? Prolly their plan was to let the other tanks take the first hit and charge him down, but he made it so obvious by holding his fire while the IS-7 was side on in front of him, so that he can finish me off, that it makes no sense whatsoever. Again, that FV 4005 II on my team, fired only 2 shots the whole game, both were fired AFTER the south flank had collapsed and he had no one to support there. In truth, if they wanted to "get their mates", they should've waited at one of the corners to snipe the middle-ish bit campers, rather then pushing either south or north, as there was the "bulk" (of 2 players from that clan) of "their mates".

All in all - the ticket is already submitted, with the replay attached. I'll inform you of any development.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users