Jump to content


GDPR and the data export request.


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Junglist_ #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37479 battles
  • 1,352
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

Months ago after WG added the Export data option under Account Management out of curiosity I have requested my data exported to see what WG is storing about me. I have never received an answer and forgot about it.

Today I was reminded by this Reddit thread where every commenter is saying they also never received the data. https://www.reddit.c...=reddit-android

Is there anyone here who actually received the requested data?



sgtYester #2 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54746 battles
  • 1,686
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

no, nor have i asked.

but afaik they are obliged to give u that info



unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18433 battles
  • 2,788
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012
I have asked for my info, but have yet to receive it. I think it is supposed to be provided within 30 days of the request. 

Geno1isme #4 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 43386 battles
  • 8,210
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013

View PostJunglist_, on 12 September 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Is there anyone here who actually received the requested data?

 

Yes, and I know quite a few others who also have. Mind that WG takes its time to provide the data, it's been a few weeks between requesting the export and getting the mail that you can download it.

Junglist_ #5 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37479 battles
  • 1,352
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 12 September 2018 - 07:03 AM, said:

I have asked for my info, but have yet to receive it. I think it is supposed to be provided within 30 days of the request. 

 

I have requested it months ago.

 

View PostGeno1isme, on 12 September 2018 - 07:29 AM, said:

 

Yes, and I know quite a few others who also have. Mind that WG takes its time to provide the data, it's been a few weeks between requesting the export and getting the mail that you can download it.

 

I have requested it again, hopefully this time I'lI get an answer.

carrynikol #6 Posted 12 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Guest
  • 44 battles
  • 86
  • Member since:
    05-21-2018

Hey there,

 

I just cleaned up the thread and deleted some off-topic comments. Please stick to the topic (tbh I'm curious about the outcome too :D)

 

carrynikol






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users