Elite Crew Skill.

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Axelfoley666 #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:06 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22653 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

I do not know if this has been raised before, mainly because I could not be arsed looking, but has the idea of an Elite set of crew skills ever been raised. My thinking behind this is when a long time, serious player has a crew with a full set of skills, they still fall foul to the same RNG gameplay as an untrained crew i.e. a 50% crew gunner and a 7 skill 100% crew gunner will both be effected by the same +/- 25% RNG dice roll. The Elite crew skill would be designed to mitigate to a certain degree the effect RNG would have on the ability of that crew position. An example would be say an untrained gunner would be liable to the full range of the RNG dispersion roll whereas a fully trained gunner would only be effected by a certain % of the RNG dispersion roll due to his Elite skill. This would reflect somewhat the fact that a well trained crewman, oops person, would irl be less affected by the gods, the elements and the RNG. Each Elite crew skill could be tailored to each crew position specifically and benefit each in a certain way i.e. Commander tactical awareness, Driver maintenance or how vehicle performs.

This Elite skill could only be unlocked when a crewperson has reached 100% in all skills and is only allowed to unlock 1.

Total horse sh1t, been discussed to death and dropped or a possibility?

Homer_J #2 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29215 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

If WG were to introduce this I can see the forum erupting with OMG WG just want us to spend money 7 skilling our crews!!!!!11111

It's a feature I would never get to use, nor would 93.624% of the playerbase.  So a "meh" from me.

Edited by Homer_J, 12 September 2018 - 08:49 AM.

Emeraldweed #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10436 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
The penalty of not having a fully trained crew is big enough, we don't need more like this since it will grow the gap between a new player and an old one  much more and this will drive  them out thus killing the game

Axelfoley666 #4 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22653 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostHomer_J, on 12 September 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

If WG were to introduce this I can see the forum erupting with OMG WG just want us to spend money 7 skilling our crews!!!!!11111

It's a feature I would never get to use, nor would 93.624% of the playerbase.  So a "meh" from me.

Just because 93.624% would not use it does not mean we should deny it to the 6.376% that might. Some of the 93.624% may decide on seeing a small RNG light at the end of the tunnel, would pursue this bonus.
08:00 Added after 2 minutes

View PostEmeraldweed, on 12 September 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

The penalty of not having a fully trained crew is big enough, we don't need more like this since it will grow the gap between a new player and an old one  much more and this will drive  them out thus killing the game

Does that not feel like we are penalising the older long term and have put a lot of effort in to the game player?

Emeraldweed #5 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10436 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostAxelfoley666, on 12 September 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

Does that not feel like we are penalising the older long term and have put a lot of effort in to the game player?

There are other ways to reward your older  playerbase, without influencing the battle. They did just that with the increased rewards  some months ago ( i think it was the bday of wg). Your advantages  already come with the  good crew, knowledge of the game etc. 

dan_dix #6 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14549 battles

What the others have said, that sounds potentially appealing thinking as an individual player, but actually would be a bad idea for the game.

RNG is hated by all people but In My View™ it's one of the good aspects of the game. RNG provides one of the random elements in the game that actually makes it fun. Leave it as it is.

There has to be a limit to how much of an advantage the game gives an experienced player. Not only you as a player gain experience and learn how to play, but your crew gets significantly better, you accumulate perks, credits, food, premium ammo etc. If your tank gets much better too or if you don't have RNG, then all you do is roflstomp everyone with very little effort. The game loses its appeal both to the experienced player as well as to the fresh players that would have the dice rolled against them before the game starts.

So no.

Edited by dan_dix, 12 September 2018 - 09:52 AM.

Axelfoley666 #7 Posted 12 September 2018 - 09:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22653 battles
  • [TWD] TWD
OK, thanks. Good and valid points from all.

Homer_J #8 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:31 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29215 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postdan_dix, on 12 September 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

RNG is hated by all people but In My View™ it's one of the good aspects of the game.

That's a good point.  Would you want to sacrifice the +20 to 25% rage in order to not be a chance to get the -20 to 25% ?

It's like the WoWp upgrades which all come with a downgrade on some other stat.  Only worse, this would give you the same average damage and penetration but you would never get that woohoo I shouldn't have been able to do that shot.

ramram70 #9 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8587 battles
You mean more skills to a fully trained crew so they can wipe floor with your face more easily? How about no?

malachi6 #10 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50256 battles

People complained Eve Online had a massive skill gap.  Can you imagine having this on a guy that clubs at tier 1 or 2?  I saw a guy with 10k battles in the lol tractor.  Sure lets make his ability to beat up people in their first game easier.  Lets look at the other end of the spectrum.  Just got my first tier X.  Enjoyed the tier IX and want to keep it.  Run a free account so only have a 75% crew.  You now meet some guy that spends gold like confetti. runs multiple premium tanks buys crew reserves and has had his crew since beta. Lets take the one fair element the game had out and make that skill gap even bigger.

Frankly,  this "suggestion" would be like playing poker and saying to a person.  You are new, you can't have any aces.

250swb #11 Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22999 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Bad idea, there has to be a limit to where buying skill stops and the players own skill becomes the defining factor. If the RNG is the same for everybody this is when other elements come into the game, experience, reflexes, tactical understanding, and competitive spirit.

Making the game easier with additional skill levels and benefits will simply devalue the game and create a massive rift between beginners and experienced players. In reality a good beginner who has done his homework on game dynamics and taken the time to understand some basic tactics should be able to mix it with more experienced players and not feel disenfranchised simply because they haven't the required crew skills and length of service needed to get to an elite level of additional 'gear' or crew skills. I sometimes wonder if players suggesting these sort of ideas have anything on their mind except 'me'.

Axelfoley666 #12 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22653 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View Post250swb, on 12 September 2018 - 11:21 AM, said:

I sometimes wonder if players suggesting these sort of ideas have anything on their mind except 'me'.

Nice sly dig. But why would I not want to improve MY gameplay experience? If I put effort into a game I was playing, I was enjoying, I had worked to get top tier tanks, top level crew and invested MY free time into playing of course I would be thinking of ME. Do you play it for YOUR enjoyment or other peoples? A bit naïve of you that statement.

Wintermute_1 #13 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:05 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44505 battles

View PostAxelfoley666, on 12 September 2018 - 08:06 AM, said:

I do not know if this has been raised before, mainly because I could not be arsed looking, but has the idea of an Elite set of crew skills ever been raised. My thinking behind this is when a long time, serious player has a crew with a full set of skills, they still fall foul to the same RNG gameplay as an untrained crew i.e. a 50% crew gunner and a 7 skill 100% crew gunner will both be effected by the same +/- 25% RNG dice roll. The Elite crew skill would be designed to mitigate to a certain degree the effect RNG would have on the ability of that crew position. An example would be say an untrained gunner would be liable to the full range of the RNG dispersion roll whereas a fully trained gunner would only be effected by a certain % of the RNG dispersion roll due to his Elite skill. This would reflect somewhat the fact that a well trained crewman, oops person, would irl be less affected by the gods, the elements and the RNG. Each Elite crew skill could be tailored to each crew position specifically and benefit each in a certain way i.e. Commander tactical awareness, Driver maintenance or how vehicle performs.

This Elite skill could only be unlocked when a crewperson has reached 100% in all skills and is only allowed to unlock 1.

Total horse sh1t, been discussed to death and dropped or a possibility?

Although what you suggest may be a better model of how real life experience works I think within the game it'd just be another food, improved equipment, etc that allowed some players to maximise their advantage over others.

malachi6 #14 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:10 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50256 battles

View PostAxelfoley666, on 12 September 2018 - 01:06 PM, said:

Nice sly dig. But why would I not want to improve MY gameplay experience? If I put effort into a game I was playing, I was enjoying, I had worked to get top tier tanks, top level crew and invested MY free time into playing of course I would be thinking of ME. Do you play it for YOUR enjoyment or other peoples? A bit naïve of you that statement.

Given this is a team based multiplayer game.  Considering other peoples enjoyment should factor in.  Even if slightly.

Hedgehog1963 #15 Posted 12 September 2018 - 04:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51455 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostAxelfoley666, on 12 September 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

Have you put any effort in so far?

Axelfoley666 #16 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22653 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View PostHedgehog1963, on 12 September 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

Have you put any effort in so far?

Touché sir, did you get a nose bleed thinking that 1 up?

Mike_Mckay #17 Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21157 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
Totally dumb "elitist" idea (ooh I'm too special to have to endure RNG like the players with worse stats than me coz I'm "speshial"" type of mindset

Not to mention it would be the final nail in the games coffin for quite a few players I suspect

But I am sure if there is a way to monetise it the fact its a crappy moronic idiotic game killing idea wont stop WG from trying to milk their player base even more with it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users