Public Test 1.2 Feedback - New and Reworked Maps

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:38 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 698 battles

Commanders,

Please leave your feedback regarding Update 1.2's Public Test of New and Reworked Maps below.

Cheers,

Kandly

Rock_n_Rollie #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11655 battles

This is more "in general" than specific.

First respect to the HD map-makers for all the work put into it, the amount of detail gone into it. Although it is a bit "pearls for the swines", because most of the time you are too busy with the gameplay to look around and take in the scenery & detail.

While i do applaud (re-)introduction of (new) maps, i have a bit of an issue with the  LTs go here, HTs go there, TDs camp there, etc part.  While there is probably a large (autistic) playerbase that like it like that, i find it (mildly) insulting. 

Personally, i do not need my food pre-chewed for me.  Or, as an example on a bigger scale: when Adolf rolled his tanks throughout most of Europe, the routes chosen were not those that gave the defending nations a fair chance.

I am more in favor of generating a (large) map, slapping starting points on it on opposite sides and let the players figure it out. 

Who cares if the map is not "balanced"?  It is not as if you start from the same side every time anyways.  As far as i know, the game mechanics ensure that your start is 50/50. 

Anyways, within days/hours there will be plenty of "strategy guides" made by blunicums online.

Also, we've seen the meta change for the same map depending on the Tier played on it and sometimes even when new tanks were introduced, so why try to prevent this "organic" evolution of meta.

Also, as some of the "unbalanced" maps prove, there is no "sure win/loss if spawn North" even thou everybody says there is.  And the "reward" for turning those "sure loss" games into a win is much much much higher than x amount of XP/Credits.

And on the note of map creation: something which has become common in citybuilder games a while ago already:  throw a dart onto a world map, then use satellite imagery and download topological heightmaps for an x by z area around the dart to generate a "basic" map to start with.  Nothing wrong with that technique.  Or one can use (little) known real historical places and would still find an excuse to go on a corporate paid field trip to scrutinize the environment, the landmarks and local bars in detail and up close. Again, who cares if the map is "balanced".

davidsnoek1 #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12063 battles
  • [CAT89] CAT89
I really looking forward to bots on the EU server as well, i hope they are as good as the bost in wows, altthough its a lot harder to make  the wot bot as good

_Me_ZatoX_FY_ #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 06:51 PM

Private

• Player
  • 34898 battles

PLease rework that MINSK map. north team had such a big disadvantage compared to the Southern team. it useless to play in the mid because you got sniped from everywhere and the south team has better cover by the big round building on south side. they can support with that position save the heavy side when they are playing at the main road.

So i dont how you ever could miss this map balance, oh wait so many maps are unbalanced and useless for some tanks.

so fix all the maps!!!!

Rock_n_Rollie #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11655 battles

View Post_Me_ZatoX_FY_, on 14 September 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

PLease rework that MINSK map. north team had such a big disadvantage compared to the Southern team. it useless to play in the mid because you got sniped from everywhere and the south team has better cover by the big round building on south side. they can support with that position save the heavy side when they are playing at the main road.

So i dont how you ever could miss this map balance, oh wait so many maps are unbalanced and useless for some tanks.

so fix all the maps!!!!

Nah, a little unbalance is a good thing.

What probably wasn't expected by WG is that it turned into a camping map.. so it has become a waiting game, like so many maps. That is not good.

Another change needed is that WG dev HQ needs to be clearly marked, with a mailbox outside saying "deliver hate mail here" :)

vuletcko #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13180 battles
  • [DRAM] DRAM

you said you made balance changes to some maps.

Can you share with us what was changed on them?

• Ruinberg
  • Overlord
  • Redshire
  • Sand River
  • Paris

WindSplitter1 #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16236 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

The Chinese map looks an awful lot like Mountain Pass, which is in essence: 3 corridors that only favour Heavy Tanks and a vacuum in the middle TDs and SPGs have their guns pointed to and LTs are supposed to kill themselves at.

This isn't fun. Consider delegating the map design to Bongfish as they excel in creating better maps.

SlyMeerkat #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:26 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16604 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
More maps the better but im sure those that complained about the removal of maps with yet again complain even still when they are added..... go figure :/

Bordhaw #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:18 AM

Major

• Player
  • 11684 battles

View Postvuletcko, on 14 September 2018 - 07:13 PM, said:

you said you made balance changes to some maps.

Can you share with us what was changed on them?

• Ruinberg
  • Overlord
  • Redshire
  • Sand River
  • Paris

That would nice to know, as the so-called explanation here is totally unhelpful and written by someone who clearly doesnt even 

general_aloyceprince #10 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1253 battles
  • [C-D-V] C-D-V
first it take up to 10 min to enter into match second when i play 1.1.0 its play very smooth without any problem but the same setting in 1.2 it worse than ever its stuck all the time i run is SD version and i got killed because nothing play well  its stuck all the time i don't know why 

Edited by general_aloyceprince, 16 September 2018 - 09:47 AM.

bubyy #11 Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37469 battles
  • [X3EAM] X3EAM
Good day here is a suggestion as far as ENSK folder folder is not for high level tanks or to debit or lower it to tier VII so only solve the problem would best enlarge it expand it is my suggestion as folder FJORDS need rebalance. And another remark Gold ammunition also needs rebalance hope that my wishes will be met. Thank you in advance Roll out.

Aleo #12 Posted 09 October 2018 - 08:42 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 28963 battles
  • [-LOA-] -LOA-

I know I'm way to late with my whine, but I'll post the critique anyway. 

1. Map rotation. If you fixed the MM so that it takes more into account what maps you have been on and what kind of battle ( standard, assault/ defence or encounter) then you don't need to "make the maps balanced" If the rotation was fixed you would have a fair chance to not spawn on the same map and mission. You could have special maps for a/d, advance or standard battles... perhaps you would get more people enabling battlemodes other than standard. 
  2. You make beautiful maps, no issue there... but they are of the same make and shape. Corridors, corridors and more corridors. Even when you made changes in the physics to allow more freedom you made it so that you CANT drive down a slope, you are most of the time blocked by boulders perched on top of that slope. 
  3. Map size. When base view range covers 90 % of the map its too small for that map. Ensk at tier 6+ is fekking sad... and why artillery there? 
  4. Why not make larger maps, 1500+ meters pr side, more open so that you need scouts to do their job in the front, not camping in the back with the arty. Fewer obstacles but more cover like corps of trees, destructible houses, some bush and rocks. Actual open maps! Not just the illusion of open fields, but actual space to manoeuvre.
  5. Grand Battles are awfull, but nice maps. 

th013 #13 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40847 battles

Great job WG - U made new corridor crap map

PauI #14 Posted 06 November 2018 - 10:18 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26435 battles
  • [QUIET] QUIET

View PostWindSplitter1, on 14 September 2018 - 08:08 PM, said:

The Chinese map looks an awful lot like Mountain Pass, which is in essence: 3 corridors that only favour Heavy Tanks and a vacuum in the middle TDs and SPGs have their guns pointed to and LTs are supposed to kill themselves at.

This isn't fun. Consider delegating the map design to Bongfish as they excel in creating better maps.

just when i thought they can not make a map worse than paris they realease this trash that is called empire border....now i realize nose napkin highway is gold

Edited by PauI, 06 November 2018 - 10:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users