Jump to content


Trying to be good.


  • Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Warhammer010 #1 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3995 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-17-2016

I am relatively new player.

I have 3800 games and 4525 points

WN8-892, winrate 50.65(51 at past)

Is that good for such number of games or I need to practice more?

12:46 Added after 3 minutes
Can I slightly get into T10 or I need to stay at tier 5-7 until 10k games?

Edited by Warhammer010, 12 September 2018 - 02:25 PM.


Corruption_Clan #2 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46045 battles
  • 722
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
Who cares about stats at the number of games you have played???

rustysprite #3 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22029 battles
  • 2,489
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-18-2012

Looks like you are doing OK to me

50% WR is heading in the right direction and you do well in your tier 8 tanks (I suck at T8)

 

No rush to get Tier 10... just have fun

 

Maybe join a clan and do some platooning

It's fun and you may learn a lot from guys with a bit more experience 



BKatt #4 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32553 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013

You are doing fine.

 

I suggest you stay around tier 7 for awhile longer, get the hang of the basic gamemechanics. Do your own HP in dmg every game.

Once you do that regularly, move Up a tier. Rinse and repeat.

 

Good luck and remember to have fun! :girl:



wsatnutter #5 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 24783 battles
  • 7,471
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

golden rule is

make sure your having fun



Warhammer010 #6 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:55 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3995 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-17-2016

View PostBKatt, on 12 September 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

You are doing fine.

 

I suggest you stay around tier 7 for awhile longer, get the hang of the basic gamemechanics. Do your own HP in dmg every game.

Once you do that regularly, move Up a tier. Rinse and repeat.

 

Good luck and remember to have fun! :girl:

 

Yes , I do. I even got 2 MoE on my KV-1

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 21585 battles
  • 4,006
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostWarhammer010, on 12 September 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

I am relatively new player.

 

Playing for over two years is relatively new now?



Warhammer010 #8 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3995 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-17-2016

View PostTungstenHitman, on 12 September 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

 

Playing for over two years is relatively new now?

 

I think 3800 over two years is not so much. When I created account I played some battles and stoped playing long time. After some time I returned. 

Edited by Warhammer010, 12 September 2018 - 02:21 PM.


malachi6 #9 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:05 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 49643 battles
  • 3,378
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

The main thing is to play the game for your reasons.  Don't go chasing stats if you are not a stat chaser.  If you are enjoying yourself and feel comfortable then play that way.  Obviously, your fun should not be at the expense of others.  So, no griefing, insulting or not actually playing to win.

 

Set your own goals not other peoples.



XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48980 battles
  • 1,652
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

You already went up to tier 9 (Type 4) which is not really a bad thing but you'd do yourself a favor if you stayed around tiers 5-7 till you know the maps, the game mechanics, weakspots, etc.

 

Stop grinding XP and start improving your game play by watching replays, YT videos, streams.

 

Leave the germans alone, most people start this game to play the famous tiger and panther tanks. In this game they are not that good and require some experience to play well.

 

Ask on these forums if you need help or before you buy a new premium, save your replays (replay folder) if you have a question about a battle.

 

Good luck!


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 12 September 2018 - 02:09 PM.


Warhammer010 #11 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:09 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3995 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-17-2016

View Postmalachi6, on 12 September 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

The main thing is to play the game for your reasons.  Don't go chasing stats if you are not a stat chaser.  If you are enjoying yourself and feel comfortable then play that way.  Obviously, your fun should not be at the expense of others.  So, no griefing, insulting or not actually playing to win.

 

Set your own goals not other peoples.

 

I am having fun. This is main thing. For that I decided to stick on 5-7 tiers. I also enjoyed when stats is ok. Without goals game is unmeaningful for me. Then my main goal now is get 1 MoE from every tank at 5-7 levels. This is inspire me to play and make game much insteresting. 
13:11 Added after 2 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 September 2018 - 02:07 PM, said:

You already went up to tier 9 (Type 4) which is not really a bad thing but you'd do yourself a favor if you stayed around tiers 5-7 till you know the maps, the game mechanics, weakspots, etc.

 

Stop grinding XP and start improving your game play by watching replays, YT videos, streams.

 

Leave the germans alone, most people start this game to play the famous tiger and panther tanks. In this game they are not that good and require some experience to play well.

 

Ask on these forums if you need help or before you buy a new premium, save your replays (replay folder) if you have a question about a battle.

 

Good luck!

 

Thanks for the advice. I see a lot of replays. for example 1 hour play game , 1 hour watch replays. This is enjoyable. 

Edited by Warhammer010, 12 September 2018 - 02:13 PM.


tank276 #12 Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50074 battles
  • 561
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostWarhammer010, on 12 September 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

I am relatively new player.

I have 3800 games and 4525 points

WN8-892, winrate 50.65(51 at past)

Is that good for such numbernof games or I need to practice more?

12:46 Added after 3 minutes
Can I slightly get into T10 or I need to stay at tier 5-7 until 10k games?

 

Pretty good performance for your battles I would say.

Yes, it is adviced to play several low-mid tiers more, it would be beneficial for your win rate in the future.

You dont have to hit 10k battles or whatever, you will figure out yourself when you feel confident to play more tier 10s.

Cheers



Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:26 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7656 battles
  • 4,034
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Well, from what I can see, you're starting to have trouble performing well at tier 7 and higher, with a few exceptions.

Part of that might be due to stock grinds (Tiger II, IS-M), but in case of the Tiger I it might be due to lack of skill.

Maybe try to at least 1-mark a few of those before going to 9 and 10?

 

The Type 4 Heavy is also a pretty horrible tank until you get at the very least the 14cm 3rd Year Type, as I'm sure you've noticed.

 

Your higher tiers are also exclusively heavy tanks; maybe try out a medium line or two to get a feel for how they play and learn their limitations so you can counter them better.

 

Personally, it took me around 5-6 thousand battles to get my first tier 9-10, and have since dropped down a bit to get more experience with more varied tank lines (Italians, Polish, German, UK).

 

As for your WN8 compared to your battle count; I think it is quite all right, seeing as I had fairly similar WN8 at that battle count.



Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:33 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38247 battles
  • 4,942
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Postwsatnutter, on 12 September 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

golden rule is

make sure your having fun

 

Whilst I personally agree with you sir, there are those that slither amongst us that would have you believe it's ONLY about their precious numbers.

Warhammer010 #15 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:34 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3995 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    08-17-2016

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 12 September 2018 - 06:26 PM, said:

Well, from what I can see, you're starting to have trouble performing well at tier 7 and higher, with a few exceptions.

Part of that might be due to stock grinds (Tiger II, IS-M), but in case of the Tiger I it might be due to lack of skill.

Maybe try to at least 1-mark a few of those before going to 9 and 10?

 

The Type 4 Heavy is also a pretty horrible tank until you get at the very least the 14cm 3rd Year Type, as I'm sure you've noticed.

 

Your higher tiers are also exclusively heavy tanks; maybe try out a medium line or two to get a feel for how they play and learn their limitations so you can counter them better.

 

Personally, it took me around 5-6 thousand battles to get my first tier 9-10, and have since dropped down a bit to get more experience with more varied tank lines (Italians, Polish, German, UK).

 

As for your WN8 compared to your battle count; I think it is quite all right, seeing as I had fairly similar WN8 at that battle count.

Thanks for the advice. 

I want to play most for mediums (want to mastering on obj. 140) but don't know how to. I know TD positions , HT positions but lack of knowledge regards MT. 

I am afraid that playing with mediums can reflect on my WN8 badly



Hammerhead20 #16 Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25370 battles
  • 1,755
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

Don't even try to be good (or super good). 

 

Just try to enjoy the game and have fun.

 

Pick those tanks you are enjoying the most and you'll be fine. 



Urmo345 #17 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:07 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10199 battles
  • 846
  • [EES4] EES4
  • Member since:
    04-05-2012
WN8 Is BS, forget it! Win rate matters

fwhaatpiraat #18 Posted 12 September 2018 - 07:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46558 battles
  • 619
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

Playing well or improving has nothing to do with tier x. If you want to play tier x, go ahead. It is not the best tier, gameplay wise though. Biggest grind in this game (imo) is grinding good crews on many tanks.

If you need more advice, let us know :)

 

edit: 010; Rotterdam?


Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 12 September 2018 - 07:57 PM.


TANKOPPRESSION #19 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41920 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    04-25-2012

View PostWarhammer010, on 12 September 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

I am relatively new player.

I have 3800 games and 4525 points

WN8-892, winrate 50.65(51 at past)

Is that good for such number of games or I need to practice more?

12:46 Added after 3 minutes
Can I slightly get into T10 or I need to stay at tier 5-7 until 10k games?

 

They are just random stats .

For improving game play look for a training clan .



Homer_J #20 Posted 12 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28351 battles
  • 29,596
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postwsatnutter, on 12 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

golden rule is

make sure your having fun

 

I thought the golden rule was eat your greens.:unsure:

 

Or is it how we measure a Dinger? :justwait:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users