My impressions of the Polish line

polish heavy 60tp 50tp review mauerbrecher crayons yes

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Polish tanks (116 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think about the Polish line as whole?

1. Its OP (12 votes [10.34%])

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

2. Its great (5 votes [4.31%])

Percentage of vote: 4.31%

3. Its good (19 votes [16.38%])

Percentage of vote: 16.38%

4. Its average (37 votes [31.90%])

Percentage of vote: 31.90%

5. Its sub-par (8 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

6. Its bad (9 votes [7.76%])

Percentage of vote: 7.76%

7. Its terrible (8 votes [6.90%])

Percentage of vote: 6.90%

8. Its the worst line ever (18 votes [15.52%])

Percentage of vote: 15.52%

Vote Hide poll

RadioFighterYR #21 Posted 17 September 2018 - 06:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3858 battles
  • [BGTF2] BGTF2
What I don't see is a tier 4 tank with the 37mm tier 2 gun as well as the KSUST tier 5 with the autoloader 40mm. Like, WTF? 34mm pen is worse than the TKS-20's autocannon (43mm pen) and even with premium 56mm pen (I think?) the 37mm cannot get through certain tier 3 tanks as I saw on the 10TP, yet on the 14TP its supposed to get through an O-I? Or a T-150? WTF!?

trrprrprr #22 Posted 15 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1900 battles
Just to add my toughts: This line proves how unprofessional and greedy WG devs are. Polish line is a joke of a drunken drug addict...just to fill the hole, they mash up a ret4rded line of crap.  I mean...what on earth those "designers" use to come up with tier 4 tank that has a tier 2 gun as a stock?  First 5 tiers is a joke of a drunken idiot...wont agree with OP on 6tier as fully researched that tank is a good damage dealer and no so much inaccurate(where ive had alot more wtf shots in strv 1s)  Overall this just proves how greedy WG is and how they are unable to create anything interesting for last 3years for sure.  All these lines get in game untested and unbalanced, just cos someone wanted that nation line....and polak line is a joke from 1-5 as they have nothing to compete with same tier enemies, where a tier 4 has trouble penning tier 2 tanks as a stock.  But thats a WG politics, make a useless and retarded tank lines just to suck out more money from players, cos they know and thats why designed these researches that will be done only by mazochists as most free exp atleast first 5 tiers.

Venom7000 #23 Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:43 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 4415 battles
The entire Polish Heavy tank line is made so WG can make money. The tanks are made to deal good damage but have a bad regular penetration. Except when... yes you guessed it. When you shoot GOLD.
I am not joking when I say that 90% of the time 53TP engaging me is shooting gold. Regardless if he needed to or not. Most Polish tank players just empty their wallets at you. Broken cash grabbing line.

BlackBloodBandit #24 Posted 14 January 2019 - 09:26 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 2962 battles
can't choose from the poll as I only played a part of the line and I can't put it all in the same box. Unlike most players I did like the 40TP and 25TP once I learned a good play-style. 45TP I liked on the test server, but once I got it on the live server I felt very disappointed. Partly because of bad teams, but I thought it's mobility was better when I played it on the test server. I didn't play tier 8-10.

Wolverine90 #25 Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24268 battles
45 TP shell cost 490 credits and T29 shell cost 1000 credits... both 105mm AP... interesting... 

seXikanac #26 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12942 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View Postleggasiini, on 12 September 2018 - 08:05 PM, said:

The Polish line review

Siema PL!!!!11

Since the Polish high-tiers were announced, my interest in this line immediately grew up. I adore high-alpha guns and slow, heavily armored tanks, especially if they look stupid and goofy. And that's exactly what the 60TP Lewandowskiego is. I already promised myself twice already that I would never make a "grind-marathon" like I did with Swedish HTs and French 2nd HT line back in 2016 and 2017, respectively. But I couldn't resist it. I had to get the tank ASAP and since I haven't done stuff regarding the "improved and expanded" Japanese tech tree in a long while either (although, slowly but surely I have been working on Japanese MT rework + 2nd MT line proposal, which is actually technically finished when it comes to all material, but there are things I want to improve and change on it. Don't expect it anytime soon in near future). Then test server came, I played more games in it than any other test server ever (this includes even the 9.10 test server that brought Japanese heavies). When patchday came, I grinded like a crazy. Literally non-stop. Ugh. I got the 60TP in Sunday - only 4 days after the patchday. I grinded all way from tier 5, although I did use free XP on modules and at one tank. And...here we are.

Because the review is so long, I had to divide it into 2 posts - introduction + tier 1-7 and tier 8-10, aftermath and TL;DR. Since there is going to a gigantic wall of text, a TL;DR is a reasonable option and I recommend to check that if you are not willing to sit and spend some time to read the review.

Anyway, let's begin.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I already said, I used quite a bit of a free XP on the grind. I skipped tier 1-4 entirely, skipped most of the stock grinds (only modules I grinded were the tracks of the tier 8 and turret + tracks of the tier 9) and skipped half of the tier 6 with free XP. However, other than that, I grinded the tanks without using free XP.

I never played the tier 1-4, as lowtiers are well...lowtiers, I don't personally give a damn about them and generally haven't even featured them on some of my reviews, but I'll just say short impressions what I think about them when looking at their stats:

4TP: It's a tier 1.  I can't even really rate it since tier 1 is such a mess and anyone has free XP to skip to tier 2, but it seems okay-ish for tier 1 so I guess it's something.

7TP: It has the biggest historical value of the line, but that's about it. Extremely generic overall, has pretty good alpha but pretty crap armor so autocannons will eat you from alive and it's not particularly mobile. It offers really nothing when it comes to gameplay so it's a pass. Weak armor without exceptionally good gun kinda hurts, though. 5/10

10TP: Much like the Chi-Ha. Has quite a bit better mobility but way worse gun (other than gun handling that is slightly better), worse view range and worse gun depression (although -12 is still great). It's playable, but it's mediocre at best. 5.5/10

14TP: Has two gun options - 40mm autocannon and 47mm single-shot. Don't use the 47mm, it's absolutely terrible - it's only a marginal improvement from the tier 3, which makes it just awful at tier 4. 40mm Pompom has good clip potential, but mediocre pen and awful aim time, especially compared to the Covenanter. In fact, this tank as whole is just a terrible Covenanter. Also the stock gun is absolutely abysmal - try to save free XP to skip past it. It has less than 40mm pen, at tier 4. Yes. 3.5/10

Basically lowtiers are bad and/or uninteresting so you can just skip through them if you want. You won't miss anything.

25TP KSUST II (tier V)

40TP Habicha (tier VI)

45TP Habicha (tier VII)

You are reviewing something that you havent played? You just wrote how you skipped first 4 tanks. How your review can be objective? Since first 5 tanks are pure garbage (Im driving 25TP at the moment).

PS:

Regarding Polish line, I once have drawn tank with made up specs when I was in preschool, that can be Tier 8 tank of Yugoslavian line

Ricky_Rolls #27 Posted 26 February 2019 - 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 68043 battles
The t10 doesn't seem that good tbh. The dpm is below average, the gun handling/acc is trash (expected from a 750avg gun), the gold pen is terrible, and the armor can not be used effectively unless you can completely use the -8.

Isharial #28 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

the T5 is very bad? im not sure I can agree on that one

I played it primarily as a light tank, rushing to where they would using the surprisingly high speed to bully them rather than other mediums. the gun was accurate and the speed was high. that was enough to take out lights pretty quickly and take the more useful spots

hell the turret's also armoured so you can run those ridges nicely too. Minsk comes to mind here, I had a few great games in the time I had this tank by running the central ridge and shooting the town heavies that crossed there or were still leaving the base

the T6 is umm... slow... very slow. its only saving grace was the gun, which was rubbish in comparison to the VK30P which is not only faster but also similar in armour protection....

the T7 seems like a gimped M4 45 and we know what most people think of that latter tank... honestly id rather take the M4.. its faster to speed and faster up hill.. which also makes it more useful in a fight because your actually there and not 2 minutes too late!

its workable, but certainly not useful

EDIT: I didn't talk about the 1-4 because I never played them.. 

Edited by Isharial, 26 February 2019 - 01:27 PM.

baribal_80 #29 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23474 battles

View PostIsharial, on 26 February 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

the T5 is very bad? im not sure I can agree on that one

I played it primarily as a light tank, rushing to where they would using the surprisingly high speed to bully them rather than other mediums. the gun was accurate and the speed was high. that was enough to take out lights pretty quickly and take the more useful spots

hell the turret's also armoured so you can run those ridges nicely too. Minsk comes to mind here, I had a few great games in the time I had this tank by running the central ridge and shooting the town heavies that crossed there or were still leaving the base

the T6 is umm... slow... very slow. its only saving grace was the gun, which was rubbish in comparison to the VK30P which is not only faster but also similar in armour protection....

the T7 seems like a gimped M4 45 and we know what most people think of that latter tank... honestly id rather take the M4.. its faster to speed and faster up hill.. which also makes it more useful in a fight because your actually there and not 2 minutes too late!

its workable, but certainly not useful

EDIT: I didn't talk about the 1-4 because I never played them.. 

T7 has armor that kinda works. You can bully weaker tanks and your turret isn't pure cheese.

Isharial #30 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

Major

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postbaribal_80, on 26 February 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

T7 has armor that kinda works. You can bully weaker tanks and your turret isn't pure cheese.

maybe.. doesn't tend to be like that for me though :P

baribal_80 #31 Posted 26 February 2019 - 01:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23474 battles

View PostIsharial, on 26 February 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

maybe.. doesn't tend to be like that for me though :P

​It's not great. Just better than a4 which gets penned by everything while the Pole is 160+ on the hull and 195+ on the turret.

Also tagged with polish, heavy, 60tp, 50tp, review, mauerbrecher, crayons, yes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users