• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11927 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Seriously time to quit when the rage takes hold:angry:

You do everything you are meant to do, go to the right places, and then find no one covering flanks, it it me or do other people have games like this?

Glacier, no lights or mediums goes to the middle so all the heavies get picked off by the other team when they go to the heavy brawling area

Redshire, meds and lights camp on a hill, so when you approach that stupid airship, the heavies get hit my TD's, arty, meds and whatever else they can find

Fiery salient (because I can never remember what it is called)  Heavies go the usual spot on the hill and die, taken out by arty TD's etc, people camp in K 1, 2, 3, area, and do the exact same thing in the north spawn.

This is the sort of battle I am having tonight, and I am raging, surprised my PC has not gone through the TV, is this the common practice for all you guys, because when I watch the streams on the tube, I do all the things they do but [edited]me never does it work out for me, never, so the whole idea of watching streams, is totally [edited]pointless!

Not tried camping yet although at this rate I just might

Robbie_T #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15654 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Yes i have games like that.

Must say since new campaign missions came out got more of those battles.

and they will increase this friday with that premtank grind comes out.

Nothing to do about it.....try platoon with your clan mates..so you know you got 2 people with ya that can play.

But with these events you got people playing that are pure trash and they aint no bots...

Not that i am the best wot player...but those 42% 20k players....

Last week i got also some horrible days....15 losses in a row was the worst day.

It did not matter what tank or tier its was just loss loss loss.

Must admit i raged also that day...even ended up shooting a ally what i normally never do.

But it was Fiery Salient 1 LT per side 3 artys per side and heavy on tds..

and our only light tank  sayd:guys im gonna play as a TD parking next to our 3 artys.....(because of his new campaign mission)

So the enemy tier 8 LT did spot and boom 2 artys and 3 tds gone.....and he didnt move...nooo hes playing as a Td in his LT

HE fucked over that game 1 little LT

About camping i dont mind people camping but they must know when to move....

How many times you ahead with your team in the battle ..got 3/4 of the map you ahead on kills .

And than you come at the point the last 7 enemys has bunkered in and the people who attacked already took dmg.

And you lose the battle because the campers refuse to move forwards.

and make it a 14/vs 7 noo they stay back... 

Let the attackers be slaughtered and they still at the same spott.the last defense line doing nothing.

and bye bye advantage....

Edited by Robbie_T, 13 September 2018 - 02:04 AM.

catatpillar #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19356 battles

Every

Single

Game

SuedKAT #4 Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

That's the thing with WoT, or well rather any MMO for that matter, you have to adapt to the situation since other players are unpredictable, both the ones on your team but also the enemy team. Blindly going to the "meta spot" since you're "supposed" to go there regardless of anything else will result in just this, rage, since you and from the looks of it plenty of your team mates didn't adapt to what the other players in your own team was doing and most likely didn't take spotted enemies and likely enemy positions into consideration you just trundled straight into death and rage.

I'm not saying that you can win every match, but when you learn to adapt to the situation, know likely positions and strategies on the map your on and depending on the tanks you're facing as well as know positions that counter enemy positions and the strengths and weaknesses of your own and other tanks a lot of the rage goes away. Sure some say they play just for fun and don't want to bother with such things, but in the end, rage ain't fun.

Strappster #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 04:39 AM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNoobySkooby, on 13 September 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

... go to the right places ...

Clearly you're not. Get out of the mindset of this-tank-go-there because as you've noticed, it doesn't always work. Both teams are shown on the minimap - get into the habit of looking at where your team is going as well as the enemy and make your own moves accordingly.

Sfinski #6 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:02 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31349 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostStrappster, on 13 September 2018 - 05:39 AM, said:

Clearly you're not. Get out of the mindset of this-tank-go-there because as you've noticed, it doesn't always work. Both teams are shown on the minimap - get into the habit of looking at where your team is going as well as the enemy and make your own moves accordingly.

Yes, this. 

The amount of times people whine about me not going to city in a heavy is ridiculous. Being a heavy doesn't mean automatically you have to go to city or the usual heavy brawling spot. 

The heavies differ from each other, the situations differ, some maps even taking the city is a wrong move like in Live Oaks. Simply put, south wins that map. 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 48716 battles
  • [RU18] RU18

Sorry for ignoring the point of the topic here, which is bad teammates, because nothing can be done to that.

You're starting to know some stuff, well done and keep going. Add those little bits and pieces together and you might be onto something.

Next step would be working on the technique or the method of delivery, where should i be to do damage? which target is the best? When do i move in or fall back?

Good luck!

Yaccay #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:50 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32463 battles

I fully agree with OP.

Too many games' fate  are just sealed from the very beginning.

Either you suffer a a loss or your team win 15-0 .... no matter what you do.

So why would you play, if it does not matter what you do?

Sfinski #9 Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:52 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31349 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostYaccay, on 13 September 2018 - 06:50 AM, said:

I fully agree with OP.

Just play well enough and it will matter. Same as playing bad enough. That's why there's 20% winrate differences between people playing this game. 

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSfinski, on 13 September 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Just play well enough and it will matter. Same as playing bad enough. That's why there's 20% winrate differences between people playing this game. 

You know very well that 60% winrates can only be achieved with not playing for the team, statpadding, camping redline and buying fort knox every month....   ;)

Basically everything that isn't playing for fun. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 13 September 2018 - 07:22 AM.

tank276 #11 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 49908 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostNoobySkooby, on 13 September 2018 - 12:25 AM, said:

Thats some good advice Skooby, after a 4-5 losing streak, you should just chill and do something else - take the dog out for a walk, wash the dishes etc. It will cool you off and you can return to playing.

06:34 Added after 6 minutes

View PostEnforcer1975, on 13 September 2018 - 06:20 AM, said:

You know very well that 60% winrates can only be achieved with not playing for the team, statpadding, camping redline and buying fort knox every month....   ;)

Having 60% wr and not playing for the team is kind of condradicting in itself, I dont think it is the case.

Redline camping will drop your wn8, cause someone else is taking your spotting dmg.

Buying Fort Knox? You could argue that you pay money to convert to free xp and not play stock tanks. Premium vehicles (apart from known cases like Defender and several others) dont give you an advantage really over tech tree ones.

Cheers

06:36 Added after 8 minutes

View PostYaccay, on 13 September 2018 - 04:50 AM, said:

I fully agree with OP.

You will statistically lose 35% of your games and win 35% of them whatever good or bad you do in game.

What matters is how you are gonna influence the 30% of games in between the above.

Sfinski #12 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:41 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31349 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostEnforcer1975, on 13 September 2018 - 08:20 AM, said:

Winning the game is playing for the team. Redline camping doeant win games. Statpadding is just what plebs call playing well. I dont see how fort knox helps antone to perform.

I play for fun. I like winning. Playing for fun for me is performing better and better, learning new things.

Mimos_A #13 Posted 13 September 2018 - 07:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23215 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostNoobySkooby, on 13 September 2018 - 01:25 AM, said:

You do everything you are meant to do, go to the right places, and then find no one covering flanks, it it me or do other people have games like this?

Glacier, no lights or mediums goes to the middle so all the heavies get picked off by the other team when they go to the heavy brawling area

There's nothing you are "meant to do" from the start. It depends on where your team goes.

On glacier, the heavy brawling area is completely useless. It's a dumb corner that leads to having to drive through the open on both sides after. Why anyone still goes there is beyond me.

And yes, we all have those games where you just can't realistically do much.

Enforcer1975 #14 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSfinski, on 13 September 2018 - 07:41 AM, said:

Winning the game is playing for the team. Redline camping doeant win games. Statpadding is just what plebs call playing well. I dont see how fort knox helps antone to perform.

I play for fun. I like winning. Playing for fun for me is performing better and better, learning new things.

Exactly. Even if it looks like a player only cares for himself, if that player is good he is most likely playing to win which in return is rewarding and fun. That's how we are wired by nature.

I only mentioned redline camping, statpadding and fort knox because that's the excuses as you said the plebs use to make good players feel bad. And we all know that fort knox doesn't give you battles rigged in your favor. In the end it's how you perform in the long run. 

NoobySkooby #15 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11927 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostStrappster, on 13 September 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

Actually that sort of worked in my type 4 (I was so incensed this time I went up a tier) and on westfield took it into the houses, or through most of them and flanking some of the tanks from the North spawn getting two kills in the process and actually surviving the game, to say I was shocked is maybe a bit of an understatement:mellow:
09:28 Added after 1 minute

View PostMimos_A, on 13 September 2018 - 07:45 AM, said:

There's nothing you are "meant to do" from the start. It depends on where your team goes.

On glacier, the heavy brawling area is completely useless. It's a dumb corner that leads to having to drive through the open on both sides after. Why anyone still goes there is beyond me.

And yes, we all have those games where you just can't realistically do much.

I agree totally and did think of taking the road behind the lion king, in fact, i think I will try that in future.

UrQuan #16 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19411 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostStrappster, on 13 September 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

This really, adapt your deployment based on what your team does. Some of my best games have been because I deployed my tank where it was needed, not where people think it is meant to go.

Redshire, my team goes airship valley, leaving mid & castle lane practically undefended; cue in my Maus going castle, to hold back the inevitable enemy approach

Edited by UrQuan, 13 September 2018 - 11:13 AM.

Simeon85 #17 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 1097 battles

As mentioned above heavy brawling area on glacier is not a very useful flank to win, you go there and struggle to progress because of the open ground and base campers. 

You can also avoid getting spotted if you go very wide from both sides. 

Generally I'll only go there if I think it;'s a good idea and I'll basically clear it up but not to push, either going to the middle or the other side depending on what is going on. Also pushing the road on the east is underated, something well armoured pushing there causes problems if you have a little support, especially as when you progress you can start impacting the middle as well. 

Also echo what others have said, having a 'X mus go to Y' type mentality will just make you lose games, you adapt to the map, how your team deploys and what the enemy team are doing. 

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37009 battles

All the time.

Had one of those on Overlord where 5 enemy HT stormed up from the beach and won the game. Cos, hey! no one goes beach on overlord. My stock T-34-1 couldn't scratch the tier 8/9s before you ask what I did about it.

Mimos_A #19 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23215 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostSimeon85, on 13 September 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

Also echo what others have said, having a 'X mus go to Y' type mentality will just make you lose games, you adapt to the map, how your team deploys and what the enemy team are doing. 

I'd like to add the importance of the team list, what tanks does your team have that are likely to be able to hold a certain place, what tanks does the enemy have? Who is likely to get there first? Etc.

SaintMaddenus #20 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34401 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

As a T7 heavy in T9 battle in Paris holding back the lights in the open field was both fun and rewarding.  especially after the results and all the FU kv3 wtf you noob.    Why would I take my low tier heavy to brawl a the heavy corner by that bridge in Paris?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users