Jump to content


My way to Caernarvon AX

marathon f2p no life just wot

  • Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

BR33K1_PAWAH #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3597 battles
  • 547
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

This post were meant to be a guide for r2p players to succeed in British Challenge, but after researching it i found there is nothing actually to guide to.

Just pick 2-3 tanks in which u have the best WR and grind the shirt out of them. Simple.

 

So ill just leave here the formula to calculate how much time a day u will need achieve 280k exp in 14 days:

hours per day = 280000 / your tank average xp(premium bonus excluded) * 7(apr average battle time) / 60 / 14

 

For my AMX 12t it comes to aproximately 3,8 hours a day, if i will play every day of teh marathon. Not that bad at all.



signal11th #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:45 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37730 battles
  • 5,780
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 13 September 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

This post were meant to be a guide for r2p players to succeed in British Challenge, but after researching it i found there is nothing actually to guide to.

Just pick 2-3 tanks in which u have the best WR and grind the shirt out of them. Simple.

 

So ill just leave here the formula to calculate how much time a day u will need achieve 280k exp in 14 days:

hours per day = 280000 / your tank average xp(premium bonus excluded) * 7(apr average battle time) / 60 / 14

 

For my AMX 12t it comes to aproximately 3,8 hours a day, if i will play every day of teh marathon. Not that bad at all.

 

or just buy it and save all that time? at that rate you only need to earn 40 pence per hour played to earn the tank. Strangely enough you could switch off your pc and make that amount back from a smaller leccy bill.

undutchable80 #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:48 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7794 battles
  • 1,892
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014
Or just play normally and check in two weeks how much discount you have built up and then decide whether #walletclosed or #walletopen...

MeetriX #4 Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:49 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20717 battles
  • 2,780
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

Good luck.:)

 

How tight your calculation is?

How often you're not in top-10?

 

Remember this.

1st game 1000xp

2nd game 200xp, but not top-10

Avg. is now 600xp, but you have only gained 1000xp for the grind.



xtrem3x #5 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32590 battles
  • 1,490
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

View Postundutchable80, on 13 September 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

Or just play normally and check in two weeks how much discount you have built up and then decide whether #walletclosed or #walletopen...

 

This.

 

And if I do play extra it will be premium tanks so I can grind credits



BR33K1_PAWAH #6 Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3597 battles
  • 547
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View Postsignal11th, on 13 September 2018 - 10:45 AM, said:

 

or just buy it and save all that time? at that rate you only need to earn 40 pence per hour played to earn the tank. Strangely enough you could switch off your pc and make that amount back from a smaller leccy bill.

 

Im not he one to look for an easy way out! :izmena:
08:56 Added after 2 minutes

View PostMeetriX, on 13 September 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

Good luck.:)

 

How tight your calculation is?

How often you're not in top-10?

 

Remember this.

1st game 1000xp

2nd game 200xp, but not top-10

Avg. is now 600xp, but you have only gained 1000xp for the grind.

 

Im usually top10, but u right, this condition must been taken into evaluation to.

Grand_Moff_Tano #7 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1764 battles
  • 10,728
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
I plan on just using my Type 59 and Strv S1

Joggaman #8 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24206 battles
  • 6,404
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

MY way to the Caernarvon AX:



Thrael7 #9 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:20 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23400 battles
  • 2,000
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012
What's Caernarvon AX? I suppose I should just check the main page instead of making useless posts like this?

Hedgehog1963 #10 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:26 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51448 battles
  • 7,574
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
I'll be buying it and HMS Cossack in WoWS.

BR33K1_PAWAH #11 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:40 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3597 battles
  • 547
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 13 September 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

I plan on just using my Type 59 and Strv S1

 

S1 is rather a bad choice if u want exp...

Bora_BOOM #12 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:49 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 23159 battles
  • 3,024
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 13 September 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

This post were meant to be a guide for r2p players to succeed in British Challenge, but after researching it i found there is nothing actually to guide to.

Just pick 2-3 tanks in which u have the best WR and grind the shirt out of them. Simple.

 

So ill just leave here the formula to calculate how much time a day u will need achieve 280k exp in 14 days:

hours per day = 280000 / your tank average xp(premium bonus excluded) * 7(apr average battle time) / 60 / 14

 

For my AMX 12t it comes to aproximately 3,8 hours a day, if i will play every day of teh marathon. Not that bad at all.

 

Best avg Exp I believe.

Sure, don’t play a tank in which you can’t win if you care about your WR stats and wining will get you more EXP that you would get on the losing team tho.

But some solid WR tanks might get you more Exp than ones with a higher WR.

For instance, my Patton 46 and Obj 257 have the same winrate (56,2), but my average EXP in Obj is 612 and in Patton it’s 769. Both have about the same meh dmg/game (1.7k).

Object wins games by soaking dmg and holding the enemy, Patton wins by more dynamic play cause of relocating and spotting.


Edited by Bora_BOOM, 13 September 2018 - 12:01 PM.


catatpillar #13 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 20186 battles
  • 628
  • Member since:
    06-09-2014
Thanks for the tips! Appreciated! :child:

BR33K1_PAWAH #14 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3597 battles
  • 547
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

 

Best avg Exp I believe.

Sure, don’t play a tank in which you can’t win if you care about your WR stats and wining will get you more EXP that you would get on the losing team tho.

But some solid WR tanks might get you more Exp than ones with a higher WR.

For instance, my Patton 46 and Obj 257 have the same winrate (56,2), but my average EXP in Obj is 612 and in Patton it’s 769. Both have about the same meh dmg/game (1.7k).

Object wins games by soaking dmg and holding the enemy, Patton wins by more dynamic play cause of relocating and spotting.

 

Yep, i just pointed out that WR has the biggest impact on ur base exp.

I myself also looking forward to switch from Pershing to M46 as soon as possible, as M46 is such an exp farm machine :rolleyes:



MeetriX #15 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:20 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20717 battles
  • 2,780
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2018 - 11:49 AM, said:

 

Best avg Exp I believe.

Sure, don’t play a tank in which you can’t win if you care about your WR stats and wining will get you more EXP that you would get on the losing team tho.

But some solid WR tanks might get you more Exp than ones with a higher WR.

For instance, my Patton 46 and Obj 257 have the same winrate (56,2), but my average EXP in Obj is 612 and in Patton it’s 769. Both have about the same meh dmg/game (1.7k).

Object wins games by soaking dmg and holding the enemy, Patton wins by more dynamic play cause of relocating and spotting.

 

Is it that simple?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tanks avg. XP include battle hero bonus too when you lose, but since it is counted afterwards it won't help grind base XP.



malachi6 #16 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 50256 battles
  • 3,609
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 13 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

This post were meant to be a guide for r2p players to succeed in British Challenge, but after researching it i found there is nothing actually to guide to.

Just pick 2-3 tanks in which u have the best WR and grind the shirt out of them. Simple.

 

So ill just leave here the formula to calculate how much time a day u will need achieve 280k exp in 14 days:

hours per day = 280000 / your tank average xp(premium bonus excluded) * 7(apr average battle time) / 60 / 14

 

For my AMX 12t it comes to aproximately 3,8 hours a day, if i will play every day of teh marathon. Not that bad at all.

 

National minimum wage in the UK is £7.83 x 3.8 x 14 = £416.  Meaning your tank is worth £416 in the UK if you are older than 24  Even if you factor in taxes it is still £300.  So, if you are working don't bust a gut to get a "free" tank.  Play the game normally and get what you get and buy a normal tier 8 at a heavy discount.

 

53 hours is a lot to devout to getting annoyed and frustrated when you are not hitting your goals.  

 

If I am lucky I will get 50% discount.



Bora_BOOM #17 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 23159 battles
  • 3,024
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    08-23-2014

View PostMeetriX, on 13 September 2018 - 11:20 AM, said:

 

Is it that simple?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but tanks avg. XP include battle hero bonus too when you lose, but since it is counted afterwards it won't help grind base XP.

 

I am not sure whether I don’t know something or am I missing the point or something else in your post... :amazed:

 

I took the numbers form my WoT profile / tanks that show the Exp values for those two tanks. So whatever the calculation is - it applies to both tanks. Still, one has better exp than another.



MeetriX #18 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:39 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20717 battles
  • 2,780
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostBora_BOOM, on 13 September 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

 

I am not sure whether I don’t know something or am I missing the point or something else in your post... :amazed:

 

I took the numbers form my WoT profile / tanks that show the Exp values for those two tanks. So whatever the calculation is - it applies to both tanks. Still, one has better exp than another.

 

What I mean was:

Avg. XP 750

You lose a battle and get 500XP + medal, that is 750.

What is count for the marathon, 500 or 750?



tank276 #19 Posted 13 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50103 battles
  • 561
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

View PostMeetriX, on 13 September 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

 

What I mean was:

Avg. XP 750

You lose a battle and get 500XP + medal, that is 750.

What is count for the marathon, 500 or 750?

By "+medal" you mean the courageoues resistance ? No, that doesnt count , you will only get 500 xp and thats it.



BR33K1_PAWAH #20 Posted 13 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3597 battles
  • 547
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

View Postmalachi6, on 13 September 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

National minimum wage in the UK is £7.83 x 3.8 x 14 = £416.  Meaning your tank is worth £416 in the UK if you are older than 24  Even if you factor in taxes it is still £300.  So, if you are working don't bust a gut to get a "free" tank.  Play the game normally and get what you get and buy a normal tier 8 at a heavy discount.

 

53 hours is a lot to devout to getting annoyed and frustrated when you are not hitting your goals.  

 

If I am lucky I will get 50% discount.

 

Sorry m8, cant do this. I dont pay anything in f2p games. Well, i dont play any f2p games other than WoT, so id rather say that dont pay for anything in WoT.

The main reason for this is that i know how many features of this game are designed in such a way so they will give the players a strong incentive to open their wallets.

So for me playing WoT on a completely f2p basis is a game of it's own - it's me against their system. It's up to me, as a player, to break the system and have most fun WoT can provide and dont pay a cent for it.

So dont think im not gonna enjoy a single moment of this grind!:izmena:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users