GM Season 10 announcement - EU parameters publication date

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 13 September 2018 - 10:44 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 697 battles
Commanders!

The details of Season 10 of the Global Map for EU region will be published on the portal tomorrow. The delay is being caused by translation time necessary for 8 languages we support and last minute changes we have made to the structure of the article.

The season announcement has already been published in English on the APAC server. It will be a good source of information for the new features we plan to introduce, but the dates and regional season specifics will differ - and for those we recommend visiting our portal tomorrow! :)

For now we can give you the following information for EU:
  • Season duration: 26/09-11/12
  • Global Map Gold production per day: 240,000
  • Firefly provinces will continue to stir the pot on both Fronts
  • Next operation (Gambit/Arms Race) is scheduled for early new year.
  • More details will follow

See you on the battlefield! :izmena:

TheArk_2014 #2 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60313 battles
  • [AETOS] AETOS

It could be interesting to me if my clan wasn't in Zombie state ...

... anyways, Good Luck to all the clans which will participate to this event.

May the best clans win.

Edited by TheArk_2014, 13 September 2018 - 11:08 AM.

StinkyStonky #3 Posted 13 September 2018 - 11:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27762 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

It's quite clever, starting the event 2 days before the CAX marathon finishes.

Many players will be struggling to finish stage 8, 9 or 10 and as each stage will give them 10% of the cost of the tank (£5-£6), but there will be a lot of pressure from clan mates (who either have the tank or have already abandoned the grind) to give up and show some commitment to their clan.

The new "Alliance" stuff just looks confusing to me ...

Why would my clan offer Minor status to another clan ?  Why would we give away a province ?  Why would we delegate a battle ?

Why would my clan accept Minor status from another clan ?  Why would we/they give away a province ?  Why would they delegate a battle ?

Given the risk that Convoys will get robbed ... why bother ?

I presume there are some valid/useful reasons but I've never been in a clan that was successful enough to benefit from these mechanisms.

Geno1isme #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42029 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostStinkyStonky, on 13 September 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Many players will be struggling to finish stage 8, 9 or 10 and as each stage will give them 10% of the cost of the tank (£5-£6), but there will be a lot of pressure from clan mates (who either have the tank or have already abandoned the grind) to give up and show some commitment to their clan.

Season goes for 9 weeks. Missing out for two-three days will hardly make a difference.

View PostStinkyStonky, on 13 September 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Why would my clan offer Minor status to another clan ?  Why would we give away a province ?  Why would we delegate a battle ?

Why would my clan accept Minor status from another clan ?  Why would we/they give away a province ?  Why would they delegate a battle ?

Given the risk that Convoys will get robbed ... why bother ?

In its current version this seems to be only a management feature (as battles have to be delegated at least one turn in advance). Intention is probably that a major power uses minor powers as buffer zones on its border, and minor powers delegate some of their attacks to the major power for expansion (and the major power can assign some of its easier battles to its minors). As it is pointless to own more than 15 provinces directly due to income cap a successful clan could assign extra provinces to minor powers to get some extra income. And the minor powers might be able to hold more provinces than usual due to being able to delegate battles to its major power, earning more gold despite the tribute.

Of course it remains to be seen how this will actually work out in practice. As alliances can be nested WG probably expects that there will be like 3-6 big alliance blocks with one of the top-clans as the root major power.

StinkyStonky #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 01:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27762 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostGeno1isme, on 14 September 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

Season goes for 9 weeks. Missing out for two-three days will hardly make a difference.

For smaller/weaker clans, the first day is by far the most important day.  The first 2-3 days are the second most important.

On the first day there is no tank locking and a small number of wins against easy opponents can result in land.

On days 2 and 3 there are often easy battles against soft land owners.

After a few days, the big/powerful clans are starting to take over the map.

It's true that if Fame/CSA started a few days late, it probably wouldn't make much difference, but for small/weak clans the first day is the most important.

thehazattack1 #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17417 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostKandly, on 13 September 2018 - 09:44 AM, said:

• Next operation (Gambit/Arms Race) is scheduled for early new year

New campaign next year was hoping for one in october/November but season 10 is also cool.

Edited by thehazattack1, 14 September 2018 - 02:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users