Jump to content


Caravan X thing..


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

flashbarts #1 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:46 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41590 battles
  • 234
  • Member since:
    06-30-2013

..out of interest anyone just thought bollix to it and bought it already ?

 

Based on few games today grind could be quite painful, so toying idea of just stumping up the cash

 

So, if anyone has it, is it any good ???

 

cheers



discontinued #2 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8446 battles
  • 939
  • [-VOID] -VOID
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

I currently live in a flat and am not part of the traveller community.

But a mobile home did cross my mind.

 

 


Edited by discontinued, 14 September 2018 - 03:48 PM.


Grand_Moff_Tano #3 Posted 14 September 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1736 battles
  • 10,677
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011
It is decent, certainly good at hull down but it has a glaring weak spot on top of the turret, sweet tank to play but be careful of that commander capula.

Search_Warrant #4 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27043 battles
  • 6,015
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
254 armor same as Cents turret, just get gold spammed by tier 10 threw the turret face. people who shoot gold at tier 8 (besides VKP) should be penalized for doing that stupid ***.

Grand_Moff_Tano #5 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1736 battles
  • 10,677
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 14 September 2018 - 03:01 PM, said:

254 armor same as Cents turret, just get gold spammed by tier 10 threw the turret face. people who shoot gold at tier 8 (besides VKP) should be penalized for doing that stupid ***.

 

Top of the turret (above the gun) is about 200mm thick, commander capula even thinner, so 2 glaring weak spots.

TheJumpMaster #6 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 46999 battles
  • 4,445
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
I've just purchased it

Search_Warrant #7 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:16 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27043 battles
  • 6,015
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 14 September 2018 - 03:08 PM, said:

 

Top of the turret (above the gun) is about 200mm thick, commander capula even thinner, so 2 glaring weak spots.

 

on cent its autobounce. the Cearn?...it looks worse.. on flat anyways..

Grand_Moff_Tano #8 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1736 battles
  • 10,677
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 14 September 2018 - 03:16 PM, said:

 

on cent its autobounce. the Cearn?...it looks worse.. on flat anyways..

 

straight on it is autobounce, well 9.6% chance of penetration (so close enough), but shooting down and onto the turret the effective armour is lower than 200mm.

StinkyStonky #9 Posted 14 September 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27594 battles
  • 2,014
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015
SaltyJedi has published a review ... http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/682912-sja-the-saltyjedi-alliance-is-recruiting-now/page__pid__16155552#entry16155552

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:04 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48716 battles
  • 1,612
  • [RU18] RU18
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
Buy it now and you'll be playing during the marathon which is unpleasant to say the least. Buy it in a few days/week and you'll be getting some nice discount just for playing the game. It's really simple!

Hedgehog1963 #11 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51161 battles
  • 7,418
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

Old enough to remember the English Prog Rock group from the 70's called Caravan.  They swapped their personnel freely with a group named Camel, of whom I have always been fond.

 

I'd have bought this at 6am today if I'd have seen it in the premium shop.  As it is  I ship up here at home and find they are selling it and so I bought it.


Edited by Hedgehog1963, 14 September 2018 - 07:34 PM.


Cannes76 #12 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 65516 battles
  • 1,664
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

Buying it outright is rather silly if you plan on playing at all the next two weeks.

If you don't want to try-hard for the missions, no problem! Just play normally and at the end of the two weeks you will have accumulated a decent discount on the purchase.



Tilly042 #13 Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:36 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27777 battles
  • 206
  • [29AR] 29AR
  • Member since:
    09-08-2012

I had a few beers, saw I still had a 30% discount and bought it.  Its essentially the old Caravan that was in the tech tree a few years ago but with the plates added.  I think the tank is ok but like all tier 8s I was constantly up against tier 9 and 10 and the tank struggles to compete at that level being a heavy.  I was also very very drunk which had nothing to do with may play style of course :)

 



loot_the_supermarket #14 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:03 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5307 battles
  • 152
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View PostHedgehog1963, on 14 September 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Old enough to remember the English Prog Rock group from the 70's called Caravan.  They swapped their personnel freely with a group named Camel, of whom I have always been fond.

 

I'd have bought this at 6am today if I'd have seen it in the premium shop.  As it is  I ship up here at home and find they are selling it and so I bought it.

 

I really liked Caravan, they had a good sense of (naughty) humour, I never had the same love for Camel

As to the other 'Caravan', no point stopping now

 

 

 


Edited by loot_the_supermarket, 15 September 2018 - 08:18 AM.


NoobySkooby #15 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:46 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11927 battles
  • 2,257
  • [TFMB] TFMB
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostTheJumpMaster, on 14 September 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

I've just purchased it

 

Is it any good, the few I have seen in battle have not tended to last long, mind you that said I cannot get the regular Cearn to work well, and that is even with gold spam.

 

13:48 Added after 1 minute

View Postloot_the_supermarket, on 15 September 2018 - 08:03 AM, said:

 

I really liked Caravan, they had a good sense of (naughty) humour, I never had the same love for Camel

As to the other 'Caravan', no point stopping now

 

 

 

 

Wow. good going

Edited by NoobySkooby, 15 September 2018 - 02:48 PM.


Grand_Moff_Tano #16 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 1736 battles
  • 10,677
  • [BC28] BC28
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostNoobySkooby, on 15 September 2018 - 01:46 PM, said:

 

Is it any good, the few I have seen in battle have not tended to last long, mind you that said I cannot get the regular Cearn to work well, and that is even with gold spam.

 

13:48 Added after 1 minute

 

Wow. good going

 

Been using it myself and it is a good tank, until you show your hull or the enemy aim for your commanders hatch and viewport.

Search_Warrant #17 Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:13 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27043 battles
  • 6,015
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 15 September 2018 - 01:57 PM, said:

 

Been using it myself and it is a good tank, until you show your hull or the enemy aim for your commanders hatch and viewport.

 

You mean it has weak spots? yeh i guessed as such. i mean if it was russian it wouldent have it and the whole turret would be domed 330+ heat immune. and not have a 230 alpha popgun.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users