So what exactly is the point in getting on the Caernavon hype train when WG are constantly refusing ...

caernavon action x

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:19 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38568 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

I'm finding it mildly funny in a sad way that this marathon hype plugged mainly from some Ccs is taking some people who want to grind for this tank? Just wait a minute, it's a tier 8 tank, in this current mm, with low credit earning. Essentially you are buying a tank which is going to struggle in most match ups (tier 10) and its going to not give you any credits.... some people seem to try and make a virtue of the 'no-life' obsession with this wg sugar pill. But really, its not just about 'no-life' grinding, its utterly 'no sense' grinding with no real critical thinking on the situation as its been developing in WOT. 

Wg, instead of raising the quality of their game (and this is their prevalent and constant failure as a company), and curtailing their terrible habits of tired balance littered with greedy short cuts and corner cuts, are trying to fog people's minds with a hollow goal which considering the condition of the game, has lost its meaning. The sad thing is that people are falling for it.... which only encourages the company to ignore real issues and plaster over their rotting foundations by putting up kitch furniture over the damp. 

Also, clearly there a re a number of CCs who are losing their integrity by also doing the same thing. It seems that WG is briefing these guys, and they are just puppeting a propaganda message which actually means the more the players fall into obsessing over this marathon, the more in fact the sum total of players lose out. 

Dropping player stats in general is a reflection of dropping integrity and quality in the deep foundations of a rotting product. A tier 8 British tank is meaningless against this concerning backdrop. It's just a trap for parting with cash for no discernible reason. In a way its a short-term attempt to get people to forget the glaring and prevalent issues which are doing nothing less than killing the game and its community.

Edited by kaneAAA, 15 September 2018 - 11:26 AM.

Graeme0 #2 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24654 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

You need to step back from you computer and take a long look around...

When you find your dummy, I think you'll feel better..

BR33K1_PAWAH #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3186 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

This post is meaningless in so many ways...

I'll just sit here and wait for more salt to be posted:popcorn:

Long_Range_Sniper #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:27 AM

General

• Player
  • 31813 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

1. It's a free tank if you play enough or well enough.

2. It's a reduced tank if you just play.

3. Just buy it, it's only money.

Also I'm not sure about the game direction at the moment. 3/5/7 is a major issue for me and tier 8, but WG have at least acknowledged that. Also if you look at the server stats for last week, the same number of games were played in comparison to last year, but by 200k fewer players. Does this mean the game has a hardcore of players that have now stabilised? 

The new personal campaigns are welcome, and the Italian and Polish lines have been well designed IMHO. The new maps seem OK as a starter, and way better then when they first did Fjords etc. I did Highway on the test server last night and was pleasantly surprised.

What's concerning is clan percentages are dropping, and without the social side of the game WG will suffer with retention in the long run.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28574 battles

View PostkaneAAA, on 15 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Also, clearly there a re a number of CCs who are losing their integrity by also doing the same thing. It seems that WG is briefing these guys, and they are just puppeting a propaganda message which actually means the more the players fall into obsessing over this marathon, the more in fact the sum total of players lose out. 

I'm finding it mildly funny in a sad way that you think the CCs only have integrity or are allowed their own opinion if they happen to be parroting your own personal bias.

chiggy #6 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30815 battles
You are asking the wrong question...…….why would anyone waste time on a tank that has flawed turret armour be it money or time?

Slyspy #7 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14194 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
People who are enthusiastic about the game will be keen to take part. I expect you were once keen on such things as well. 

NoobySkooby #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12164 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Not sure how far up the mission ladder i will go but I have started the third one, not sure I will finish it though:D

Balc0ra #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 65967 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If you don't like the game and its issues. Don't play. Thus the tank marathon is not vital. It's that simple. 

If you don't like the game and still play it... I suspect it's not that bad still as you still stick around. And if you play normally and still get the tank? Well then why complain? 

As for the game's issues? Well some of them can't be fixed overnight. We all know how that has worked. 3-5-7 was added and changed with little to no testing. Now we see some long terms effects of it, and some want it gone. So that they take time to test the MM fixes this time around? Fine by me. It's better to fix it properly and take time to test it. Then to do a new half backed fix that works for 2 weeks until everyone hates it again. 

View PostkaneAAA, on 15 September 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Just wait a minute, it's a tier 8 tank, in this current mm, with low credit earning. Essentially you are buying a tank which is going to struggle in most match ups (tier 10) and its going to not give you any credits.

See for my tier 8 premiums. I have some that make more in a tier X game, vs in a -2 game or equal tier game. CDA 105 or ELC even 90 to name a few. As in more HP to spot or suppress. Then you have others that earn less in an equal tier game anything else. As they can't pen half the targets on the HT line even as equal tier. So there it's more down to the tank, then the MM. As for this tank? Tbh I don't know. But with that armor, I suspect it will do fine as a 2nd line support on the HT lane, or even going the med lane. As with maxed gear and crew. It gets close to 2800 dpm. So I suspect it will still farm damage on something just fine still vs some of the older tier 8 prem HT's. 

DeadLecter #10 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21887 battles
A free premium tier 8 tank. Can you really complain? There is no such game is perfect. And just because the game has problems doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate new useful content.

lnfernaI #11 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 28594 battles
  • [ALLGE] ALLGE

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 15 September 2018 - 12:27 PM, said:

The new personal campaigns are welcome, and the Italian and Polish lines have been well designed IMHO. The new maps seem OK as a starter, and way better then when they first did Fjords etc. I did Highway on the test server last night and was pleasantly surprised

Don't get this wrong,but Polish whatever-line is a blatantly obvious free exp sink.

Gkirmathal #12 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 September 2018 - 02:05 PM, said:

snip...

We all know how that has worked. 3-5-7 was added and changed with little to no testing. Now we see some long terms effects of it, and some want it gone. So that they take time to test the MM fixes this time around?

...snip...

To date there has been no indication in the form of update news/supertest news OR Q&A answers that they are actually currently working on the said problem.

There has been all but one or two mentions, the first being that PMM article a few months ago. After that zilch, nothing.

No news in any form of progression or new gained insights, not from developers nor a publishing producer.

To me that that come across as "very worrisome", especially when taking WG track record into account.

For such a major thing one would expect them being a little more forthcoming on the information front. Unless of course they are facing serous issues or are slacking it hard in favour of reeking in even more revenue.

Yes I'm still very much sceptical they are working on it and willingly fixing it.

Lord_Barbarozza #13 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 6366 battles

At least I will get some stuff from the 4 first stages I will finish, no lifers can be WGs guests.

People are like animals jumping on every crumb they find, and the hype created when WG said they would make it easier, nothing about 280 000xp makes it much easier than 300 000xp in  14 days.

Anyway, WG gives ''free'' tier 8 premium tank most people will buy on 40% discount, thats called marketing, not rewarding their players for making them rich.

And meanwhile a million shots are blocked by invisible hitboxes they refuse to rapidly fix by releasing micropatches with map by map reworks.

Long_Range_Sniper #14 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

General

• Player
  • 31813 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostlnfernaI, on 15 September 2018 - 02:57 PM, said:

Don't get this wrong,but Polish whatever-line is a blatantly obvious free exp sink.

A fool and their free XP are often parted.

From tier 7 onwards they're quite a nice grind, so if you even just used free XP to five or six it's not that hard for a bit. 

gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10956 battles
Inb4 someone tries to argue the marathon is useful because Frontline mode might be back for a short run.

Max_Calibre #16 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20530 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

You mean things like this ~

any real progress on fixing your crapper 3-5-7 Match Making ... hopefully you have news? 

any news on fixing the MM players selection, where 1 team is poor players  other team is  good ~ very good players?

**joke! I know there is none …….   15 tanks v 15 tanks from WG MM point ov view ~ for Fast Quick "Team selection" of course

Tanks they play themselves, Skills not required or a brain even

Max_Calibre #17 Posted 15 September 2018 - 06:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20530 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

View PostDeadLecter, on 15 September 2018 - 02:09 PM, said:

A free premium tier 8 tank. Can you really complain? There is no such game is perfect. And just because the game has problems doesn't mean we shouldn't appreciate new useful content.

Its a PR stunt mate and a kinda good one, for awhile anyway, think of it as a 'bribe' to please Stay!

A easy quick fix for all the many 1000's missing players that aren't here anymore since 2016/ 17 all not playing WOT anymore, they have all left, gone, bye bye

Still yes Its a good idea this T8 British Premium HT marathon a nice Free tank just bye playing the Game for 14 days non-stop

Edited by Max_Calibre, 15 September 2018 - 06:08 PM.

malachi6 #18 Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49624 battles

Are you complaining that you cannot not make an informed choice or that people are making the wrong choice if it disagrees with you?  

I have only ever ever opened one thread and that was to discuss an Issue I was having. That was quickly explained to my satisfaction.  Pretty much 90% of my remaining posts are to question the OP as to what they were thinking when they decided to open a post. And here I am again.  I am not sure conflating perceived game issues with a marathon you can choose to pretty much ignore.  Is a reasonable post.

sgtYester #19 Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54035 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 15 September 2018 - 11:27 AM, said:

1. It's a free tank if you play enough or well enough.

2. It's a reduced tank if you just play.

3. Just buy it, it's only money.

Also I'm not sure about the game direction at the moment. 3/5/7 is a major issue for me and tier 8, but WG have at least acknowledged that. Also if you look at the server stats for last week, the same number of games were played in comparison to last year, but by 200k fewer players. Does this mean the game has a hardcore of players that have now stabilised? 

The new personal campaigns are welcome, and the Italian and Polish lines have been well designed IMHO. The new maps seem OK as a starter, and way better then when they first did Fjords etc. I did Highway on the test server last night and was pleasantly surprised.

What's concerning is clan percentages are dropping, and without the social side of the game WG will suffer with retention in the long run.

:D:D:D:D:D

:facepalm:

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:34 PM

General

• Player
  • 31813 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostsgtYester, on 15 September 2018 - 06:31 PM, said:

:D:D:D:D:D

:facepalm:

Yep, I'm laughing all the way.

Polish.jpg

:P

Edit: I see you're averaging 700 damage in your tier 8 which is somewhat lower than my 1700, but from your spotting it does look like you hug the red line a bit. Maybe try playing in front of arty?

Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 15 September 2018 - 11:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users