Jump to content


How to get good at tier 10?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Moomiss #1 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:34 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5978 battles
  • 323
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013
How do you get good stats in a tank at tier 10 if 60% of the games im playing are over in less than 7 minutes and tend to end in a 5/15 Defeat? the other 40% are wins in a 15/5 victory where you dont move fast enough to get enough done.

Edited by Moomiss, 15 September 2018 - 12:42 PM.


Hammerhead20 #2 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 25370 battles
  • 1,750
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

How to get good at tier X?

 

Don't play that tier at all.

 

And I'm talking serious.

 

If you struggle with that tier and it's not fun, just leave it. 



Bennie182 #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:20 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52586 battles
  • 1,494
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostMoomiss, on 15 September 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

How do you get good stats in a tank at tier 10 if 60% of the games im playing are over in less than 7 minutes and tend to end in a 5/15 Defeat? the other 40% are wins in a 15/5 victory where you dont move fast enough to get enough done.

press "2"



Erwin_Von_Braun #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38087 battles
  • 4,874
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostMoomiss, on 15 September 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

How do you get good stats in a tank at tier 10 if 60% of the games im playing are over in less than 7 minutes and tend to end in a 5/15 Defeat? the other 40% are wins in a 15/5 victory where you dont move fast enough to get enough done.

 

Get your wallet out.

#FortKnox



Yaccay #5 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32476 battles
  • 1,934
  • Member since:
    11-21-2012

Play the balanced obj 268 v4. (or other similarly balanced tank)

Do not waste your time for using non-premium ammo.

And you chances are magically increased.



shikaka9 #6 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 58734 battles
  • 164
  • [VTIP] VTIP
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
pay'n'shoot

birdflu #7 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 35275 battles
  • 20
  • [KILTA] KILTA
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

What I tend to do is, after my tank is destroyed, I look back at the situation and think it through: "Could I do something better at that situation to avoid getting destroyed"

If answer is no, then good. If yes, then accept your retarted play and change server/quit gaming session after 2-3 bad plays, that way you don't got steamed (as much) and you eventually get better at decision making. 

...Actually I used to do this but I forgot it totally.. no wonder I've had such meltdowns lately lol. Got to get back to it.



JocMeister #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 22455 battles
  • 2,000
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View PostMoomiss, on 15 September 2018 - 12:34 PM, said:

How do you get good stats in a tank at tier 10 if 60% of the games im playing are over in less than 7 minutes and tend to end in a 5/15 Defeat? the other 40% are wins in a 15/5 victory where you dont move fast enough to get enough done.

 

Back down to tier 9. I rushed serveral lines to TX just to realize I hate TX and I suck at it. Rebought all the tier 9s and retrained the crew back to the tier 9 tanks.

 

Havn´t regretted it for second. TX is the least enjoyable tier in the game to play....even worse than tier 8.



spuriousmonkey #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:02 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 43512 battles
  • 3,254
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    06-23-2011

I have been struggling for years with the question on how to get better at tier X.

 

Haven't found the answer.

 

I think lots of people learn small stuff from tooning with better people. But I play mostly alone, so I just do the same thing over and over with sometimes a small modification.

 

That gets you nowhere.



Schepel #10 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:07 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 58217 battles
  • 3,044
  • Member since:
    05-13-2013

Keep in mind that TX at the moment is worse than low level ranked battles. People are 'trying' to do missions and/or marathon requirements. Somehow, this translates to playing as poorly as possible, up to and including actively sabotaging others.

 

Play tier ten at your own peril. If you absolutely want to play it, always assume that other players are not going to help you, even if it is in their own best interest. (This is where I most often screw up: I just can't imagine that someone isn't going to take advantage of blindingly obvious free damage.)

 

Platooning helps, but keep in mind this pretty much 100% guarantees full TX games. That means more expensive games, generally speaking.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users