Any Progress On Chat WG ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #1 Posted 15 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Kinda defeats the object of an MMO if you can't speak to those with who you wish to interact.

Edit: Maybe we could make a Sticky Thread, put all the complaints in one place so they can be investigated thoroughly?

Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 15 September 2018 - 12:51 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #2 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:05 PM

General

• Player
  • 32608 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Edit: Maybe we could make a Sticky Thread, put all the complaints in one place so they can be investigated thoroughly?

You mean this slightly less sticky thread?

http://forum.worldof...at-issues-2401/

Erwin_Von_Braun #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Seems I'm not the only one with chat issues today.

WG, please, let's see some progress.

Bordhaw #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11543 battles

Kinda defeats the object of an MMO if you can't speak to those with who you wish to interact.

Just create a private channel and invite that way...

Erwin_Von_Braun #5 Posted 15 September 2018 - 02:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBordhaw, on 15 September 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

Just create a private channel and invite that way...

Can't even create private channels - system is completely dead, asides from Clan Chat.

Aikl #6 Posted 16 September 2018 - 01:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

(...)

Funny. Tried that last year - just got a lot of excuses typical for those who know jack crap. There's still the 100-viewer WGEU stream, though. Ideal for getting ignored in real-time. 

Can't really blame the communtiy team themselves for terrible customer relations, of course.

Erwin_Von_Braun #7 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 16 September 2018 - 12:27 AM, said:

Funny. Tried that last year - just got a lot of excuses typical for those who know jack crap. There's still the 100-viewer WGEU stream, though. Ideal for getting ignored in real-time.

Can't really blame the communtiy team themselves for terrible customer relations, of course.

I just don't understand why they Community Team is so silent on this matter, after all chat is, & should be, an integral part of any MMO.

So they are cutting their own throats by not dealing with it.

Aikl #8 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:35 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 September 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

I just don't understand why they Community Team is so silent on this matter, after all chat is, & should be, an integral part of any MMO.

Probably because they don't know and are unable to handle it. EU-specific issues are handled like trash. Global issues, like the server/mission trouble last Halloween, was communicated and fixed properly. I suspect it goes a bit above the heads of the community team we interact (well, supposed to, anyway) with, though I'm not entirely convinced if even those are doing their best.

(Come to think about it, I'm rather surprised that discussing the community team isn't banned on the same grounds as discussing moderation or posting CS messages. Yet.)

Erwin_Von_Braun #9 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 16 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

Probably because they don't know and are unable to handle it. EU-specific issues are handled like trash. Global issues, like the server/mission trouble last Halloween, was communicated and fixed properly. I suspect it goes a bit above the heads of the community team we interact (well, supposed to, anyway) with, though I'm not entirely convinced if even those are doing their best.

(Come to think about it, I'm rather surprised that discussing the community team isn't banned on the same grounds as discussing moderation or posting CS messages. Yet.)

Funny you should say that as the last time I raised this as a topic, they shut it down in a heartbeat.

Not a good thing at all when you stifle criticism like that - especially when it is justified.

Szatanshow #10 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24293 battles
  • [_OF_] _OF_

We are EU we are here to $$ for everything WG wants 

Our problems are not important since we are not RU server

krismorgan #11 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 32254 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
Not only that but with chat broken there is no platooning with clanmates either.Very annoying.

jabster #12 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 September 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

I used to have some sympathy for the community team but that’s now dwindled to almost non-exsistent. It just seems they have no interest in tackling the more difficult parts of their job and instead focus on giving out goodie bags.

arthurwellsley #13 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51761 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Friends List not working again properly.

2. Unable to open chat windows with friends who I can actually find.

EU community team = gone AWOL. It's Le weekend, and WG EU is headquartered in Paris. Therefore the community team are (a) smoking Gauloise, (b) drinking wine, and (c.) touching up Jean-Claude from accounts. Le French only work thirty five hour weeks, and that means no weekend working in La Belle France. WG decision to headquarter in Paris, France was one of their more illogical decisions. Presumably the French (either national or regional) government offered WG a huge financial incentive.

Erwin_Von_Braun #14 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 16 September 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

I used to have some sympathy for the community team but that’s now dwindled to almost non-exsistent. It just seems they have no interest in tackling the more difficult parts of their job and instead focus on giving out goodie bags.

Same here - I've always tried to be supportive (hasn't always worked) but now I'm starting to feel as if anything we have to say as customers is just ignored.

Why? I have no idea.

It is often noted on these forums that WG see EU as a cash cow, which is probably true - ergo it's not much of a stretch to suggest that we are their best customers.

And, as anyone with even the vaguest understand of customer service will tell you, you look after your best customers.

So, in the vague hope that one of the mods reads this today:

CAN WE HAVE AN UPDATE PLEASE?

jabster #15 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 16 September 2018 - 09:27 AM, said:

Same here - I've always tried to be supportive (hasn't always worked) but now I'm starting to feel as if anything we have to say as customers is just ignored.

Why? I have no idea.

It is often noted on these forums that WG see EU as a cash cow, which is probably true - ergo it's not much of a stretch to suggest that we are their best customers.

And, as anyone with even the vaguest understand of customer service will tell you, you look after your best customers.

So, in the vague hope that one of the mods reads this today:

CAN WE HAVE AN UPDATE PLEASE?

Maybe Gerald Ratner is in charge?

Erwin_Von_Braun #16 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 16 September 2018 - 09:30 AM, said:

Maybe Gerald Ratner is in charge?

Biggest Boom-Boom in corporate history:facepalm:

mani_GGr #17 Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13780 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

As a tech support let me tell you what's going on most likely:

Chat servers  are not business critical, thus they have low priority (P3 I guess) with SLA of a year or so... 

Have you seen what happens when there are ANY problems with the prem store for example? They get fixed almost instantly -> a business critical feature, any multiple user issue is a P1.

On the other hand: it is absolutely disgusting that it still hasn't been fixed in months. It says that

a) WG techs are very incompetent, can't fix it permanently themselves and have raised tickets with 3rd party suppliers who don't care either

b) they don't bother on purpose, as it has no direct link to purchases. As shown many times in the past, WG don't give the slightest fk about customer satisfaction.

Erwin_Von_Braun #18 Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmani_the_blyatoris, on 16 September 2018 - 10:25 AM, said:

As a tech support let me tell you what's going on most likely:

Chat servers  are not business critical, thus they have low priority (P3 I guess) with SLA of a year or so...

Have you seen what happens when there are ANY problems with the prem store for example? They get fixed almost instantly -> a business critical feature, any multiple user issue is a P1.

On the other hand: it is absolutely disgusting that it still hasn't been fixed in months. It says that

a) WG techs are very incompetent, can't fix it permanently themselves and have raised tickets with 3rd party suppliers who don't care either

b) they don't bother on purpose, as it has no direct link to purchases. As shown many times in the past, WG don't give the slightest fk about customer satisfaction.

Then they have their priorities all wrong.

An MMO need chat in order to fulfil it's purpose.

Short term gain for them = long term pain for them.

But, unfortunately, it's unlikely they even care

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users