Jump to content


SaltyJedi's - Excalibur Missions Guide


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Jigzy84 #1 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27816 battles
  • 967
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    03-13-2013

For anyone who wants a little assistance  / guidance with the Excalibur Missions WGCC The SaltyJedi has written up a guide, just like he did for the previous campaign tanks....

 

Hopefully it'll help speed up your grind for the campaign reward tanks!

 

Link to his guide on his website below: https://www.saltyjedi.com/excali



Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 15 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 39990 battles
  • 5,614
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014
Thanks - I need all the help I can get.

sgtYester #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 55111 battles
  • 1,716
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

whats with all this blantantly advertising of this cc??

 

reported


Edited by sgtYester, 15 September 2018 - 03:08 PM.


Balc0ra #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:22 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68025 battles
  • 17,647
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostsgtYester, on 15 September 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

whats with all this blantantly advertising of this cc??

 

I was just thinking the same thing. In one week we have seen about 8 topics about his content from players from his clan. Why the sudden urge to post all his stuff vs before? No offense meant, just curious. 

 

 

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 01:53 PM, said:

Thanks - I need all the help I can get.

 

Fun fact... if you struggle with one mission. But have an order from another nations 15 mission. Say Bloc 14 as you lack armor to get 2x blocked reliably. Just use an order, and get it back by doing secondaries. As most missions's secondaries are rather easy vs their main at times. 



BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:28 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4300 battles
  • 792
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

Guide for Excalibur missions:

  • Play the game
  • Get an Excalibur
  • The end

 



11poseidon11 #6 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:47 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 803 battles
  • 74
  • [KIDS_] KIDS_
  • Member since:
    02-05-2018

Hello,

 

This topic moved to off-topic section.

 

Thank you!

11poseidon11



Joggaman #7 Posted 15 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 24634 battles
  • 6,634
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

To really contribute, the community contributers should contribute by communicating with the community they want to contribute to. 

IMHO. 



MD_Titus #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 12789 battles
  • 453
  • [VNP] VNP
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
Not sure how this is OT, some decent pointers for the tanks/types that will help with getting the missions done.

Jigabachi #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:01 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,991
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

I noticed that blatant advertising, too. Not that I would care about that, but he could at leat present it by himself. One of the things I like the least about all those streamers is how they are so far away from the actual community. It's a lot like emmigrants creating their little sub-communities...

That said: As an active member of this community, I have absolutely no clue who that is or why he is a CC.


Edited by Jigabachi, 15 September 2018 - 07:02 PM.


Jigzy84 #10 Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27816 battles
  • 967
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    03-13-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 15 September 2018 - 01:01 PM, said:

I noticed that blatant advertising, too. Not that I would care about that, but he could at leat present it by himself. One of the things I like the least about all those streamers is how they are so far away from the actual community. It's a lot like emmigrants creating their little sub-communities...

That said: As an active member of this community, I have absolutely no clue who that is or why he is a CC.

 

What you perceive and the reality is entirely separate from the issue, now you state on one hand that the CC is being blatantly  advertised yet also claim not to know what or why they are a CC.....

 

It's funny that when the CC puts content out for the community to.assist them people take issue with it, yet complain that CC's do nothing for the community case of they can't win.

 

Btw SaltyJedi is main area is Fit4Wot and his campaign guides  which are on his website, not his streaming. You couldn't be either wrong saying or implying that he is so far removed from his community.

 

But hey draw a fish it might help people complete campaigns

18:26 Added after 2 minutes

View Post11poseidon11, on 15 September 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

Hello,

 

This topic moved to off-topic section.

 

Thank you!

11poseidon11

 

Not wanting to sound like I'm challenging your decision but I'm equally unsure sure how the current campaign mission is off topic? I mean it is a WGCC that has produced content to help players complete the campaign? 

 

View PostMD_Titus, on 15 September 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Not sure how this is OT, some decent pointers for the tanks/types that will help with getting the missions done.

 

Thanks I agree with your sentiments 

 

View PostsgtYester, on 15 September 2018 - 09:07 AM, said:

whats with all this blantantly advertising of this cc??

 

reported

 

Thanks for incentivising me to be more active on the forum, I'll think you'll be seeing more of the SaltyJedi Community on the forums moving forward. :izmena::trollface:


 

Jigabachi #11 Posted 15 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,991
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostJigzy84, on 15 September 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

What you perceive and the reality is entirely separate from the issue, now you state on one hand that the CC is being blatantly  advertised yet also claim not to know what or why they are a CC.....

I just noticed several posts with his name in it and how he did this and that. But only since a couple of days. So I merely know that there is a guy who does things and who has guys around him who talk about him here. That's all.

 

Block Quote

It's funny that when the CC puts content out for the community to.assist them people take issue with it, yet complain that CC's do nothing for the community

I don't take issue with that at all and I don't complain. I just have to ask myself once more why people get called "community contributors" when they have absolutely no contact to the actual community. WoT is the only game I know where the "contributors" are mostly unknown guys who create their own isolated sub-communities.

 



Jigzy84 #12 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27816 battles
  • 967
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    03-13-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 15 September 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

I just noticed several posts with his name in it and how he did this and that. But only since a couple of days. So I merely know that there is a guy who does things and who has guys around him who talk about him here. That's all.

 

I don't take issue with that at all and I don't complain. I just have to ask myself once more why people get called "community contributors" when they have absolutely no contact to the actual community. WoT is the only game I know where the "contributors" are mostly unknown guys who create their own isolated sub-communities.

 

 

He also has Grils around him that also share what he does, his content is broadly known thing to help people to be healthy whilst gaming, it is important for persons to take care of health and wellbeing especially whilst gaming which is what Fit4wot is about. People face significant health issues from prolonged gaming and ultimately can result in death.

 

Then his campaign guides help players who aren't Unicom achieve them with less pain etc and time invested which is what we all want and achieve.

 

Added to that when he does reviews of tanks he is as balanced and objective as anyone that I've seen and will give criticism where it is due, which is evident in his latest Caern AX review both live on twitch stream and YouTube. 

 

Why people get the CC title... my best guess WG realise that they have a notable influence such as popular bloggers, streamers etc. IMHO really the title would be better if it was Community "Content Makers" rather than "contributors" but I guess their content is their "contribution"


Edited by Jigzy84, 15 September 2018 - 08:48 PM.


Balc0ra #13 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68025 battles
  • 17,647
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostJigzy84, on 15 September 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Not wanting to sound like I'm challenging your decision but I'm equally unsure sure how the current campaign mission is off topic? I mean it is a WGCC that has produced content to help players complete the campaign? 

 

Because CC's are not even allowed to promote their own content outside their designated section of the forum. I suspect this falls under the same rule when his followers do it. We all know what did happen to Sir Havoc when he posted in the gameplay section every single time he uploaded a video to promote it. 

Jigzy84 #14 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27816 battles
  • 967
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    03-13-2013

View PostBalc0ra, on 15 September 2018 - 06:27 PM, said:

 

Because CC's are not even allowed to promote their own content outside their designated section of the forum. I suspect this falls under the same rule when his followers do it. We all know what did happen to Sir Havoc when he posted in the gameplay section every single time he uploaded a video to promote it. 

 

Interesting I wonder why we then have countless threads QB from his "followers" which takes you to either twtich or youtube which he gains add revenue from that is permitted.

 

but when one thread is put up to assist players in completing a campaign it is moved to off topic. (no add revenue or any revenue is gained from this)  It wasn't moved to SJ section or anything like that, simply moved to off topic which is what is strange but hey not challenging the decision just wanted to avoid any future "infractions" :unsure:



Babbet_1 #15 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:44 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11885 battles
  • 954
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015

View PostJoggaman, on 15 September 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

To really contribute, the community contributers should contribute by communicating with the community they want to contribute to. 

IMHO. 

 

This year, The Community Contributers' Special Award goes to Joggaman, for the most use of the words "contribute" and "community" in a single sentence! :medal:

Hurrah! the Dingers pull it off again!  :great:



Jigabachi #16 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,991
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostJigzy84, on 15 September 2018 - 08:47 PM, said:

IMHO really the title would be better if it was Community "Content Makers" rather than "contributors" but I guess their content is their "contribution"

That would make sense. Another simple fix would be if they showed up in the community once in a while, even if it's just for blatant advertising and answering a question or two.



Jigzy84 #17 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27816 battles
  • 967
  • [SJB] SJB
  • Member since:
    03-13-2013

View PostJigabachi, on 16 September 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

That would make sense. Another simple fix would be if they showed up in the community once in a while, even if it's just for blatant advertising and answering a question or two.

 

I agree would be nice if they were more active but outside of their own lines of "content" forum rules prevent it due to "advertising" :deer::facepalm:

 

SJ is a regular attendee of Bovington tank museum for there days






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users