Jump to content


What gold ammo does for the game


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

brevlada #1 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:46 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 13808 battles
  • 72
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

So this game was played in my T28 HTC, what would be different if people didn't fire gold all the time? Probably would've been able to do something, gold ammo ruins the game because it makes any armor useless, and it's just better than standard, which is the definition of pay to win. Maybe it's time to rebalance it, or decreace the gold spam by some way. Please feel free to come with examples of your own and possible solutions.

 

http://wotreplays.eu...9eddca13db2a926


Edited by brevlada, 15 September 2018 - 08:47 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #2 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:52 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38623 battles
  • 5,069
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

I would suggest that a complete overhaul of all ammo is needed at this point.

Seeing as you can't buy them for gold now, you're not really paying to win really are you?



WindSplitter1 #3 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16293 battles
  • 2,564
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
Remove vehicles that have any meaningful armour.

Andrasan89 #4 Posted 15 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6771 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

true story

 

waiting for news about this rebalance (FINALLY) after they made it available only for credits with this reason...

 

still afraid about WG incompetend ideas to implement any balance...but cant be worse than its now..:facepalm: so any change is wellcome



sgtYester #5 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:03 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 54746 battles
  • 1,686
  • [RANGF] RANGF
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 08:52 PM, said:

I would suggest that a complete overhaul of all ammo is needed at this point.

Seeing as you can't buy them for gold now, you're not really paying to win really are you?

 

u pay more credits to pen and deal damage/kill

 

that still means paying to win



Erwin_Von_Braun #6 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:09 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38623 battles
  • 5,069
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostsgtYester, on 15 September 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

 

u pay more credits to pen and deal damage/kill

 

that still means paying to win

 

Does it?

Paying suggests using money - no money changes hands, so not really paying now is it?



Andrasan89 #7 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6771 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 09:09 PM, said:

 

Does it?

Paying suggests using money - no money changes hands, so not really paying now is it?

 

and should i remind you AGAIN how can you afford those credits for the current goldspam necessity??

:facepalm:


Edited by Andrasan89, 15 September 2018 - 09:15 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #8 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38623 battles
  • 5,069
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostAndrasan89, on 15 September 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

 

and should i remind you AGAIN how can you afford those credits for the current goldspam necessity??

:facepalm:

 

By playing well and earning them?

:facepalm:



Andrasan89 #9 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:19 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6771 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

 

By playing well and earning them?

:facepalm:

 

YES, with a premium account and a "good" (moronic op if you can and pay enough) premium tank :trollface:

Edited by Andrasan89, 15 September 2018 - 09:20 PM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38623 battles
  • 5,069
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostAndrasan89, on 15 September 2018 - 08:19 PM, said:

 

YES, with a premium account and a "good" (moronic op if you can and pay enough) premium tank :trollface:

 

Not necessarily - it is perfectly possible to earn a reasonable amount of credits sub tier VI without prem acc.

that then funds the high tier games (at least for me anyways) ;)



Andrasan89 #11 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6771 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

 

Not necessarily - it is perfectly possible to earn a reasonable amount of credits sub tier VI without prem acc.

that then funds the high tier games (at least for me anyways) ;)

 

theres exactly no change to earn enough to support a competitive gameplay in high tier with this

you can earn few, sure...but never ever enough for a CW, SH day AND being able to play some randoms after that with tanks what you enjoy.

Not to mention that you need that p2w ammo in lower tiers too if you want to play well and other costs like tanks if you grind, modules, equipment..etc



Erwin_Von_Braun #12 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:35 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38623 battles
  • 5,069
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostAndrasan89, on 15 September 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

 

theres exactly no change to earn enough to support a competitive gameplay in high tier with this

you can earn few, sure...but never ever enough for a CW, SH day AND being able to play some randoms after that with tanks what you enjoy.

Not to mention that you need that p2w ammo in lower tiers too if you want to play well and other costs like tanks if you grind, modules, equipment..etc

 

I seem to manage quite well - as do many others.

The key is not to waste credits at lower tiers - no prem consumables, def no prem ammo - simple

Edit - forgot - you need to play a tonne of low tier games:)


Edited by Erwin_Von_Braun, 15 September 2018 - 09:36 PM.


wobblybob #13 Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 66314 battles
  • 692
  • [TNAC] TNAC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

Gold Ammo. Yup, that certainly needs another thread of community input.

Image result for pointless exercise dilbert



BravelyRanAway #14 Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:29 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22851 battles
  • 9,589
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostAndrasan89, on 15 September 2018 - 08:33 PM, said:

Not to mention that you need that p2w ammo in lower tiers too if you want to play well and other costs like tanks if you grind, modules, equipment..etc

Three tanks you can play all day without gold ammo....T40, Wolverine and the Jackson. 



Andrasan89 #15 Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:52 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6771 battles
  • 416
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 15 September 2018 - 09:35 PM, said:

 

I seem to manage quite well - as do many others.

The key is not to waste credits at lower tiers - no prem consumables, def no prem ammo - simple

Edit - forgot - you need to play a tonne of low tier games:)

good...so we agree atleast on 1 point...you must pay...with money or...time..A LOT ! :)

 

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 15 September 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

Three tanks you can play all day without gold ammo....T40, Wolverine and the Jackson. 

not really...

what can you do with Wolv or Jackson against OHO? :D even ONI is not penetrable for those tanks

you know that you meet him...

oh..what about VK 100?,

and if you really want me to be extravagant....what about Defender?? moronic Chrysler???

 

just...:facepalm://ok?

 

its not all about credits..its about being competitive


Edited by Andrasan89, 15 September 2018 - 11:53 PM.


NoobySkooby #16 Posted 16 September 2018 - 12:41 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 14205 battles
  • 3,231
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Just make premium ammo standard, what is the point of standard ammo anyway when in any given battle you have to dab the two key, I have run out of tanks to sell for credits:(

250swb #17 Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22978 battles
  • 5,155
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

View Postbrevlada, on 15 September 2018 - 07:46 PM, said:

Maybe it's time to rebalance it, or decreace the gold spam by some way. Please feel free to come with examples of your own and possible solutions.

 

 

If you are going to make a post about Gold Premium ammo why not come up with some suggestions of your own to kick the thread off? Otherwise you are in danger of sounding like just another whiner who wants other people to do all the work for him.



Enforcer1975 #18 Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:30 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20760 battles
  • 10,887
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostNoobySkooby, on 16 September 2018 - 12:41 AM, said:

Just make premium ammo standard, what is the point of standard ammo anyway when in any given battle you have to dab the two key, I have run out of tanks to sell for credits:(

 

Problem is if you make it standard price players will cry for increased price because everyone will spam it because.....why not...it costs the same and increases pen. However if they decreased the damage it would be different then you had the choice between more damage or more pen which on the other hand is problematic because it is an indirect buff to heavily armored tanks that already have all the advantages in the current meta since you have to choose pen over damage. This is why WG removed the gold option because players claimed it was pay to win which is isn't while conveniently forgetting about premium consumables that also give a huge advantage over the base consumable pleb. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 16 September 2018 - 08:33 AM.


Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:05 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38623 battles
  • 5,069
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View PostAndrasan89, on 15 September 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

good...so we agree atleast on 1 point...you must pay...with money or...time..A LOT ! :)

 

not really...

what can you do with Wolv or Jackson against OHO? :D even ONI is not penetrable for those tanks

you know that you meet him...

oh..what about VK 100?,

and if you really want me to be extravagant....what about Defender?? moronic Chrysler???

 

just...:facepalm://ok?

 

its not all about credits..its about being competitive

 

Don't forget you also pay with a tiny part of your soul every time you click 'Battle' ;)

Edweird #20 Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:14 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 9800 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    08-22-2017

View PostAndrasan89, on 15 September 2018 - 08:15 PM, said:

 

and should i remind you AGAIN how can you afford those credits for the current goldspam necessity??

:facepalm:

Easy just play tier 5 or get a premium tank.

 

There are numerous events giving them away.

 

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users