Give stock tanks preferential MM

Balance Matchmaking MM Preferential MM Preferential Matchmaking Stock Stock Tanks Grinding

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

EpicPbear #1 Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9042 battles

NOTE: Stock tanks are essentially previous tier tanks, with a different hull and/or turret.

Stock modules are usually at least 1 tier below the relevant vehicle, particularly guns, automatically leading to lower penetration Tier For Tier.

Simple solution is to give tanks with stock configuration PREFERENTIAL MMThe difficulty is that there are some balancing factors, such as some lower tier modules actually being preferred over higher tier ones, or an un-penetrable turret at lower tiers.

To be honest, this is the only way to keep players grinding through Tech Trees, which is the LIFEBLOOD of this damn game, especially regarding newer players. WG have done a lot with the XP Boosters to make it a less painful experience, but nothing sucks worse than knowing that no matter how hard you try, you can't win!

My stats at time of post are=

Battles: 5,938

Win Ratio: 51.7%

Average XP: 411*

* I grind low tiers obviously!

Balc0ra #2 Posted 17 September 2018 - 11:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75424 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Been suggested before. WG said ppl would just abuse it. And I suspect they are right.  

Then again... you have other tanks that don't get more DPM etc stock vs elite etc. But are trash and useless even as top tier when stock. So it won't help on all of them regardless. 

EpicPbear #3 Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 9042 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 September 2018 - 11:58 PM, said:

Been suggested before. WG said ppl would just abuse it. And I suspect they are right.  

Then again... you have other tanks that don't get more DPM etc stock vs elite etc. But are trash and useless even as top tier when stock. So it won't help on all of them regardless. 

Sure I understand the potential for abuse, which is why WG need to take a fine tooth comb over every single tank up to Tier VIII and decide which ones require a change in MM.

The fact is that this game is losing players faster than they gain them. I didn't play this game for a few solid years because grinding and learning mechanics was so un-intuitive.

WG could at least mess with the MM in this respect. e.g. Make it so that a stock Tier VIII tank can only meet Tier VI  --> Tier IX, see what happens and decide from there.

If anything, just add these stock tanks to the bottom of the MM pile for the top tier tanks, so they're less likely to end up in a rather unfortunate game? In my opinion, Tier X shouldn't be complaining that they don't meet enough Tier VIII! Moreover, that would encourage more people to play lower tiers.

But like I said, if the numbers show that this harms the game too much then it should be reversed.

KobeWanKenoby #4 Posted 18 September 2018 - 12:33 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11433 battles
  • [3ARMY] 3ARMY

View PostEpicPbear, on 17 September 2018 - 11:55 PM, said:

NOTE: Stock tanks are essentially previous tier tanks, with a different hull and/or turret.

Stock modules are usually at least 1 tier below the relevant vehicle, particularly guns, automatically leading to lower penetration Tier For Tier.

Simple solution is to give tanks with stock configuration PREFERENTIAL MMThe difficulty is that there are some balancing factors, such as some lower tier modules actually being preferred over higher tier ones, or an un-penetrable turret at lower tiers.

To be honest, this is the only way to keep players grinding through Tech Trees, which is the LIFEBLOOD of this damn game, especially regarding newer players. WG have done a lot with the XP Boosters to make it a less painful experience, but nothing sucks worse than knowing that no matter how hard you try, you can't win!

My stats at time of post are=

Battles: 5,938

Win Ratio: 51.7%

Average XP: 411*

* I grind low tiers obviously!

I like it , but we miss the time , population on game decline  so we miss the time for that MM. and this will not bring people back ..  sry :)

juonimies #5 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48481 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostBalc0ra, on 17 September 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

This really tells something about WG staff's intelligence and/or attitude. 

And goddamn, we pay to these losers... 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35599 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postjuonimies, on 18 September 2018 - 06:19 AM, said:

This really tells something about WG staff's intelligence and/or attitude. 

And goddamn, we pay to these losers... 

They're also right, which says a lot about the players.

juonimies #7 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48481 battles
  • [KARJU] KARJU

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 September 2018 - 05:35 AM, said:

Honest question: is there any benefit (for a player) in driving stock tanks? 

Wayneable #8 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 46030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If WG did that then people would stop free Xp the moduals, and that is something WG would feel in there wallet. Because how many people do you think convert XP over to Free XP with gold, alot thats how many.

Agent_327 #9 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20151 battles
  • [CAF] CAF

View Postjuonimies, on 18 September 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

To have preferential matchmaking in it of cause :facepalm: That's why wg won't do it. -And because the horrible grind is the best incentive to spend money on the game.

Three_Rounds_Rapid #10 Posted 18 September 2018 - 06:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46054 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
Aren't the first 5 games in a new tank noob protected, wasn't that introduced a few patches ago? Or was it just a suggestion or possibility mentioned in a Q&A session?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:04 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostAgent_327, on 18 September 2018 - 07:51 AM, said:

To have preferential matchmaking in it of cause :facepalm: That's why wg won't do it. -And because the horrible grind is the best incentive to spend money on the game.

He was asking "benefits for the players" not for WG. Also the game economy allows WG to make extremely good profit without torturing the players. Other games have PVE modes for the stock grind and they do make a profit too.

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 18 September 2018 - 07:16 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35599 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postjuonimies, on 18 September 2018 - 06:38 AM, said:

Sure, how are we deciding what constitutes a 'stock' tank? How about I just upgrade everything except say the radio, or maybe just not bother with that engine that only gives an excess 50hp?

Am I still a stock tank now or am I a tank maxed out in all the important areas that still gets to enjoy preferential matchmaking?

Emerald_322 #13 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14815 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 September 2018 - 08:35 AM, said:

You can counter it with the battle count,  etc  50games or less on said tank will have pref mm  50 + you are in the normal mm. This will give a breathing space to the player to  learn the tank, and we wont see  stock heavies in med lines  that results in corner camping games. 

jabster #14 Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12806 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 18 September 2018 - 05:57 AM, said:

Aren't the first 5 games in a new tank noob protected, wasn't that introduced a few patches ago? Or was it just a suggestion or possibility mentioned in a Q&A session?

Don’t beleive it’s in the game no. Quite early on there was pref. MM for the first ten matches but it only last a couple of patches. It sounds like a good idea until you have that stock tank as one of your top tiers and also that it means for the first ten games you’re more likely to lose than win. 

Geno1isme #15 Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 49002 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 18 September 2018 - 08:37 AM, said:

Sure, how are we deciding what constitutes a 'stock' tank? How about I just upgrade everything except say the radio, or maybe just not bother with that engine that only gives an excess 50hp?

You don't even have to do it on purpose. For example I've unlocked the top-gun on the P43ter, but keep using the previous gun as it has better DPM. And there are a couple other tanks where the "top-gun" isn't the best choice. Not to mention tanks like the T-54 which has two top-guns.

Lord_Edge #16 Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6020 battles
You realise this idea would mean the VK 100.01 (P) get's preferential matchmaking provided you use the higher DPM gun right? :P

Tiddy #17 Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:39 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25725 battles
  • [D2AN] D2AN

Depends on the definition of stock. If it means you don't use any of the unlockable gear that would be fine, I guess. Although that would be pretty bad as you'd lose the stock label as soon as you upgrade your tracks. You could use it only for the gun maybe. Use the first gun and your stock. Just about every tank has an unlockable gun, right?

For me stock is having nothing unlocked and equiped. Basically a barebone tank.

So for most of you stock means, if the tank isn't maxed out? That's a weird definition. 

dtdp #18 Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33660 battles
simple, when player collect enough xp to unlock all modules he would lose pref. mm regardless  if used it to unlock and buy upgrades or not

doriansky1 #19 Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:13 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 38364 battles
  • [SKIL1] SKIL1

This is the reason for which one should plan the grinds carrefully depending on the ammount of available free XP. For example I postponed the moment in which I will buy T-10 since I need ~70k free XP for tracks, turret and engine (top gun is already researched from Obj. 257). There is no point in buying a tier 9 if you are going to play it stock (except Obj. 430 which doesn't need upgrades to be competitive). Same for tier 8. I believe almost any tier 7 tank and below can be played in stock configuration due to the MM, player quality and cheap modules (in terms of XP that is). Activate an XP booster and you should have all the modules researched after 1 hour.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 18 September 2018 - 10:10 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35599 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postdtdp, on 18 September 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

simple, when player collect enough xp to unlock all modules he would lose pref. mm regardless  if used it to unlock and buy upgrades or not

Nope, wouldn't work.

Lower tier tanks which are arguably the tanks the players should keep for a while to learn the game and need the newbie protection would earn the required xp quickly and therefore lose their preferential MM. Higher tier tanks with large xp requirements would take much longer to lose their preferential protection but would be in the hands of more experienced players who shouldn't need that hand holding anyway.

Apart from which if you're just working up a tech tree as soon as you got the required xp you'd sell the tank and get the next anyway and be back at square one so practically perma +1 MM. The only players this would actually penalise would be those that decided to keep a particular tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users