Update: Vehicle Recovery System

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

vuque #1 Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:14 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 18912 battles
  • [JUN] JUN

Soon, World of Tanks will see a small update that brings some changes to the Store and fixes several issues.

On August 20, the World of Tanks Store saw a rework. At first, we changed its design and gave you an opportunity to get accustomed to it by only adding the basic things, like purchasing the items you deem most important. Before the release, we planned to extend the Store functionality, but the implementation of multiple ideas could significantly complicate the mechanics and adversely affect stability. Therefore, we decided to opt for simplicity and reliability by only implementing a core set of functions and expanding this set in future releases. 

Now that the basic functionality is there we are planning to add a new feature, Premium/unique vehicle recovery, to the Store with a future update:
To recover the sold premium vehicles, you can go to the “Vehicles in the Garage” section of the Store and open the Recovery tab, where you will see a list of vehicles you can recover, as well as the information you need for it. If you have such vehicles, you will be able to access the Recovery menu from the Garage. The number of vehicles you can recover will be shown in a Recovery box near the boxes for purchasing new vehicles and slots on the carousel.
Rare vehicles can be restored in the Depot section using the same workaround.

It is the first change that expands the Store functionality, but it will not be the last. Please share your thoughts on what you would like to see or change in the Store, and we will incorporate your feedback in future updates.

Good luck on the battlefield!

TheDrownedApe #2 Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49605 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

please change it back to the old system which was far more user friendly, easier to navigate around and easier to see what you owned, where they were etc.

This new system seems a regression rather than update or a rework.

The community has mostly agreed with these thoughts yet you seem to not make any changes that we "would like to see". So what is the point in asking for our feedback if you're not going to act on it?

Good luck in the office

Cobra6 #3 Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16517 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

When can I finally restore my T14 that I sold years ago but of which I have a number of battles in my service record to prove that I owned it before?

Or are we still going to maintain arbitrary tier cut-offs that make no sense and only serve to frustrate your (paying) customers?

Cobra 6

Mr_Missclick #4 Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:23 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 12487 battles
  • [DISS] DISS

So, do I understand correctly that you can recover vehicles from two different places? Ordinary prem. tanks in the Store and rare ones in the Depot? Srsly?

Will you also optimize the Store perfomance? It's loading really slowly. As well as the Hall of Fame or the missions' UI... as all these new UIs, in short.

HEATzk0pf #5 Posted 18 September 2018 - 04:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 37079 battles

View Postvuque, on 18 September 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

It is the first change that expands the Store functionality, but it will not be the last. Please share your thoughts on what you would like to see or change in the Store, and we will incorporate your feedback in future updates.

Hello,

to be honest, i dont care about the recovery - this is such an unimportant part in the game, i cant imagine anybody really cares.

What IS Bad, is the complete layout of the new store. The Devs need to understand, that we don´t play on mobile phones and dont need tiles which cover 1/3 of the screen (ok, its a bit less, but you get my point i think).

Therefor we miss basic functions (when i want to purchase an article, i dont know how much i have in stock, when i need equipment for a medium tank (optics, stab, rammer) i need 2 mins to purchase them, when it was before 30 secs.

The Usability of the shop is (unfortunately) so bad, that i am scared to have the next rebate weekend (because i have to buy many equipment and consumables). To get everything fine, my way to go will be

1. Create an Excel list and write down all items i have to purchase

2. Enter current Stock (from the stock tab, because there is no link...)

3. Update Excel List with all purchased items

Otherwise i will miss some items for sure (I have to buy around 20 different items, just to be concrete)

For this ... FUN (because who wants to play the game instead?) i have to calculate around 1 hour.

GG WP (BTW, i already gave you this feedback as you introduced the new layout, so - i dont think that anybody really cares about my opinion :( )

Homer_J #6 Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32395 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

So you intentionally removed the vehicle recovery?  It wasn't an oversight?

Really?

Selling a bugfix as an upgrade is a new low for you WG.

What next?  Maybe you could add a chat feature.

Edited by Homer_J, 18 September 2018 - 05:21 PM.

_LEO_ #7 Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 56674 battles
  • [TRUT-] TRUT-

View Postvuque, on 18 September 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Therefore, we decided to opt for simplicity and reliability

:facepalm:

Old store was 10x better, now i need to read user manual before buying/selling stuff in new "improved" store, so much for simplicity...

Mobile UI has no place in PC game.

GB3000 #8 Posted 18 September 2018 - 05:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 18298 battles
  • [PA503] PA503

just god damn fix the fuggn chatserver ... 

8126Jakobsson #9 Posted 18 September 2018 - 09:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 78893 battles
I've never utilized the recovery system and yet I can't get back the one tank I want. Because reasons. Will I get the chance to have the StuG IV back in my garage with this update, or is it forever lost? Because reasons? 

blackeyes90 #10 Posted 18 September 2018 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 28953 battles

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 18 September 2018 - 08:17 PM, said:

I've never utilized the recovery system and yet I can't get back the one tank I want. Because reasons. Will I get the chance to have the StuG IV back in my garage with this update, or is it forever lost? Because reasons? 

And do we pay gold or credits for it ?

NoobySkooby #11 Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17007 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View Postblackeyes90, on 18 September 2018 - 11:30 PM, said:

Gold I think, I had a look at getting my t34-85M back, just out of curiosity, as it is crap to begin with.

StinkyStonky #12 Posted 19 September 2018 - 04:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34083 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View Postblackeyes90, on 18 September 2018 - 10:30 PM, said:

Recovery is for credits.  Double what you got when you sold it.

View PostNoobySkooby, on 19 September 2018 - 12:43 AM, said:

I had a look at getting my t34-85M back, just out of curiosity, as it is crap to begin with.

It's probably the most powerful Tier 6 medium in the game.

Steve8066 #13 Posted 19 September 2018 - 07:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18091 battles

View Postvuque, on 18 September 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Soon, World of Tanks will see a small update that brings some changes to the Store and fixes several issues.

On August 20, the World of Tanks Store saw a rework. At first, we changed its design and gave you an opportunity to get accustomed to it by only adding the basic things, like purchasing the items you deem most important. Before the release, we planned to extend the Store functionality, but the implementation of multiple ideas could significantly complicate the mechanics and adversely affect stability. Therefore, we decided to opt for simplicity and reliability by only implementing a core set of functions and expanding this set in future releases. 

Now that the basic functionality is there we are planning to add a new feature, Premium/unique vehicle recovery, to the Store with a future update:
To recover the sold premium vehicles, you can go to the “Vehicles in the Garage” section of the Store and open the Recovery tab, where you will see a list of vehicles you can recover, as well as the information you need for it. If you have such vehicles, you will be able to access the Recovery menu from the Garage. The number of vehicles you can recover will be shown in a Recovery box near the boxes for purchasing new vehicles and slots on the carousel.
Rare vehicles can be restored in the Depot section using the same workaround.

the layout of the new store is atrocious, whoever designed it and whats more, whoever gave it the okay to be deployed, needs firing before they are allowed to get their hands on anything else.

Homer_J #14 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32395 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSteve8066, on 19 September 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

the layout of the new store is atrocious, whoever designed it and whats more, whoever gave it the okay to be deployed, needs firing before they are allowed to get their hands on anything else.

Too late, they already got hold of the mission interfaces and I hear they are working on "chat 3" although the interface for that will be very simple, one button which allows you to talk to yourself.

NoobySkooby #15 Posted 19 September 2018 - 08:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 17007 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK

View PostStinkyStonky, on 19 September 2018 - 04:41 PM, said:

Recovery is for credits.  Double what you got when you sold it.

It's probably the most powerful Tier 6 medium in the game.

Yeah thats what I was told, it may well be but driven by me, it is nothing, pennned as soon as I leave the cap circle almost, twice i got it, twice i sold it, and  don't miss it one little bit.

ScoiCA #16 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:14 AM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 27300 battles
  • [CARPI] CARPI

View PostSteve8066, on 19 September 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

Yes it is, focused to buy more with real $$$.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users