2019 wishlist development

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

fighting_falcon93 #1 Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32560 battles

Hello everyone!

Since General Winter is on his way, that also means that 2019 is soon upon us. So I thought, why no make a development wishlist of what we'd like to see added/removed/changed in this game during 2019. So please share your wishlists here and explain what you want to be fixed and how it should be done.

IMPORTANT! Please refrain from discussions with other players in this thread, only post your own wishlist of changes that you'd like the developers to make to the game during 2019. If you agree with another wishlist, you can show your agreement by liking it.

Thread will close on 8th October 2018 so please make sure to leave your wishes before then.

@WG: It would be very nice if you could pin this thread at the top. Then everyone could leave their development wishes here, and then before/after christmas (maybe specify a deadline?) you could send this wishlist to the developers. It would be very much appreciated.

@Moderators: I would be very grateful if you could help me to keep this thread clean from discussions, arguing etc. All posts in this thread should be individual wishlists, and not posts that discuss whether someone elses opinion is valid or not. So basically, remove any comment that is not a wishlist. Thank you very much in advance.

I'll go ahead and start with my own wishes:

Enhanced Customization

Tank customization. All of us propably have our favourite tanks that we prefer to play with, and it would be awsome if we could change their visual appearence. For example, the new version of the Tiger I is a very damaged model, but some players might want to have it more intact, as it came from the factory. So by getting different customization elements from missions etc, a player could customize his tank to look exactly how he wants it to.

Crew customization. It would be very nice if we could be allowed to change the crew personalization for either bonds or credits. I know that some of you might think "who even cares about this", but the answer is that some players do, and it would be very welcome if this feature would become more aviable. As an example, it could cost either 50 bonds or 50'000 credits.

Crew gender. Some players prefer male crew members, some players prefer female crew members, and some players don't care about that aspect at all. Since this aspect of the game affects us both in the garage (crew images) and in the battle (crew voices), it would be fair to allow the player to customize this by their own preferences. So it would be extremely welcome if we could be allowed to pick the gender when recruiting new crew members, just as we can pick nation, class, role etc. For the crew members already recruited, WG should offer a one-time gender change directly after the update.

Ammunition and Consumables

Premium ammo. Premium ammo should be removed, and the corresponding versions of ammo should be reimplemented as standard ammo. These different ammo types should have clear advantages and disadvantages that should be cruicial for different situations, and all ammo types should cost about the same. Picking the right ammo type for the situation should be a matter of skill and not a matter of how much credits the player has, and it should force players to actively decide what ammo type to use in order to play well.

Premium consumables. Premium consumables should be reworked in the same way as premium ammo. Instead of having consumables that are almost 7 times more expensive and just purely better, they should all cost the same and offer different advantages over each other. For instance, a small repair kit could have a shorter cooldown time, but only repair one module, while a large repair kit could have a longer cooldown time, but repair all damaged modules. The food consumable could remain as it is, but it should cost the same as the other standard consumables.

Crew skills

Sixth sense. This crew skill is so popular that it should be added as a core game feature instead of a crew skill. Since it provides such a gameplay advantage to know when you're spotted and not, players shouldn't be forced to grind their crew up to 100% and then grind the entire first crew skill in order to benefit from this perk. Besides, the commander is already the crew member that has the most valuable crew skills to pick from, and this change would even this out a bit.

Artillery

Removal of artillery. I know, some of you think "not this again", and some you think "I completely agree". This issue has been very well discussed and while some like artillery some other players hate it. The fact remains that WG said that if they were unable to "fix" this class, they talked about removing it. Me personally would not call it "fixed", actually to be honest I think artillery was better as it was before, then atleast when they decided to click on me I could go back to garage quickly. Now I get stunned and stunned and stunned. Not to mention that playing artillery before was in my opinion more fun, since it felt like that artillery gun actually did something rather than just debuffing them for a few seconds. Regardless, I think that this game would be a lot more fun if the artillery class was removed. As a compensation players that have arties should get the reseached branches worth in free xp and credits.

Indirect fire. If it's concluded that this game actually needs some kind of indirect fire in order to break stalemates, I'd rather suggest to add call-ins to LTs in the form of airstrikes and off-map artillery barrages. This could be an exclusive feature for LTs, making them unique compared to the other classes in the game. These call-ins would work like modules rather than consumables, so they'd be researchable and upgradable in the tech tree. Every call-in would have a delay (before the ability becomes active), a duration (over how long it's active), and a cooldown (how long before it can be used again). The LT player would use them by opening up a tactical map and using the call-in on a position within the LTs viewrange. These call-ins could be anything from aircraft recon sweeps, aircraft bombing runs, off-map artillery barrages of various calibers, and even off-map artillery that fires smoke shells. While it sounds similiar to what we had in the Frontline mode, I'd like these abilities (depending on the type) to have a longer delay, a longer duration, be less accurate and do more damage on a direct hit.

Marathons

Tokens and Marathon Shop. Instead of giving every player on the server the same reward, be generous and allow players to decide which tank they want themselves. So during marathons, players should be able to complete missions and get tokens as a reward. These tokens should then be able to be used in a marathon shop, where players can decide what they want depending on how many tokens they got. Additionally, for increased profit for WG, you can even allow players to purchase tokens if they missed out on playing for more days than they wanted. It also makes players happier, since player A might want some extra premium days, while player B might want some plain gold, while player C might want that premium tank he always wanted.

Ranked Battles

Fair rewards. Currently, only 50% of the players that got into the rankings in ranked battles get atleast some gold. The other 50% is left empty handed and who can blame them for not showing up in the next season. That's also why ranked battles are losing players. Season 2 had roughly half of the players participating compared to season 1. I don't think that it's a coincidence that the same ratio of players that got no gold is equal to the ratio that stopped participating between season 1 and season 2. You can easily fix this WG by reworking your reward system. Instead of dividing the leader board into leagues, just remove the leagues and instead calculate how much gold every player in the rankings should get depending on their rank. It could be a linear function that gives the best player X amount of gold, and the worst player gets 0 gold, and all players in between get a linear interpolation between these two values.

Wins rather than XP. As it stands right now, players in ranked battles get rewarded not for their teamplay, but for how much XP they can farm in the battle. This creates a very selfish behaviour and doesn't go very well with a team game at all. It doesn't matter if player A did 0 damage if he was the one that capped the enemy base which allowed the team to win. It doesn't matter it player B did 6000 damage without spotting it himself if he was the one that stopped the enemy advance. But with the current system, both player A and B will be the ones that becomes punished. Therefore, I'd suggest that you give 1 chevron to everyone on the winning team, and that you remove 1 chevron from everyone on the losing team. We already have 1vs1 tournaments to rate players on an individual basis, ranked battles is supposed to rate players capabilities to win as a team.

Limited time window. Many players can't play during your time window WG. Players that have a work, they might also need to do grocery shopping, cook food, cleaning the house, take care of kids, and so on. They can't follow your schedule of playing a computer game between 17:00 to 23:00 every day of the week. And when they finally get some free time, your ranked battles has closed down for the day, or in the best, they get 1-2 hours left to play. That's not enough to get into a decent position on the leader board, especially when they have to compete against players that can farm chevrons for 6 hours per day. My suggestion here is that you remove the time window completely, and if needed, find a rating that isn't dependant of how much time you put in, but how well you play. Maybe rank players depending on their winrate in ranked battles rather than how many chevrons they have?

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 24 September 2018 - 01:49 PM.

Grand_Moff_Tano #2 Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

Artillery will never be removed, WG have already said that, but they have said no to ATGMs and then later said they'll be added to special vehicles to who knows.

However if we are going to do a wishlist then one from me would be a rework of the current tiers, since some vehicles are either too highly placed with unrealistic guns (German Tier 7 and 8 MT and HTs for example) and others are too low.

fwhaatpiraat #3 Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 58602 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Only thing I really want is proper tank/game balance. Won't happen anyway.

TheWarrener #4 Posted 23 September 2018 - 07:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 4745 battles

3/5/7 MM gone

japanese heavies gone

that's pretty much it.

Holdes #5 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21544 battles
A nice feature would be: make your own premium tank. Introduce a token, which one can use on an elited tank, making it a premium. Token like this could be bought or won in a marathon. The process could also cost some additional gold.

gunslingerXXX #6 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12786 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Make arty play PvE only

Homer_J #7 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32387 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Can I add my suggestions.

We badly need a new arty line.  I am running out of grinds for the nightshift.

Also a tier 6 (or 8 pretty please) premium arty (pref one per nation which has arty) so I can grind credits and train crew.

It's not much to ask is it?

Pls thx.

Edited by Homer_J, 23 September 2018 - 08:37 PM.

Grand_Moff_Tano #8 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 23 September 2018 - 07:23 PM, said:

Can I add my suggestions.

We badly need a new arty line.  I am running out of grinds for the nightshift.

Also a tier 6 (or 8 pretty please) arty (pref one per nation which has arty) so I can grind credits and train crew.

It's not much to ask is it?

Pls thx.

Plenty to pick from if you mean Tier 6 or 8 Premium arty, such as the FV433 Abbott.

wremise #9 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52155 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Posted Image

The only thing I wish, is that they would buff the cherry to a somewhat not useless tank.

Edited by wremise, 23 September 2018 - 08:27 PM.

Danger__UXB #10 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 9786 battles

I would like to see a new Light tank line for every relevant country with +3/4 MM..mabye from tier 5 and up?

...This would give light tanks back the role the used to have.

...I miss that:sceptic:

Homer_J #11 Posted 23 September 2018 - 08:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32387 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrand_Moff_Tano, on 23 September 2018 - 08:26 PM, said:

Plenty to pick from if you mean Tier 6 or 8 Premium arty, such as the FV433 Abbott.

Sorry, yes I meant premium.  There is no reason I don't have a crew trainer for any nation arty other than France, especially when they keep selling LeFU.  A balanced tier 6/7/8 premium arty could be introduced quite easily.

seXikanac #12 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:06 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13374 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

They should change MM to +/- 1 tier. Top tier in battle made of 1/3 tanks, and bottom tier of 2/3 taks. Thats it. Simple solution.

I used to like how arty was before nerf, 5-6 years ago. People used to play active not to sit behind rock and peek from time to time. Even I almost never used arty, arty nerf broke game for me

SovietBias #13 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38458 battles

+1/-1 Matchmaking.

kubawt112 #14 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
  1. Bring back the 'tactical' elements of WoT. Risk-versus-reward.
  2. Tweak the battle modes. Don't let 'standard' mode be default, and tweak it to prevent it from devolving into a campfest. Keep the 'assault' mode for those who enjoy 'vision gameplay'.
  3. Professional forum- and developer staff. It's overall a travesty how a major company like Wargaming conducts itself. I could go into details, but you should have plenty of material. Also includes the lack of general media coverage. Not really a surprise, seeing as you, in-line with your community strategy, ignore responding to anything short of 'the tank is on fire'.
  4. Use Nicholas Moran more. He is a knowledgeable and charismatic guy - unlike just about everyone else involved with Wargaming's PR efforts. The Chieftain gives WoT/Wargaming that missed sense of legitimacy.
    I also can't quite get by the fact that both World of Warships and World of Tanks happen to have a certain something in common when it comes to their 'presenters'. Long story short, WoWs does it better when it comes to 'image'. I know it's 2018 and that alone should be an argument against using them in the first place, but the 'WoT EU way' is not at all compatible with what Wargaming wants us to believe WoT is about - hell yeah tanks (or whatever the ads are about nowadays). Sorry, but even though I'm on the younger side I think it's pretty darn silly - and that's before we cross what Robin Thicke refers to as blurred lines.
  5. Can't avoid mentioning the really crappy online ads for WoT. Artillery isn't cool. Tanks going boom is cool. I'd seriously consider keelhauling the one responsible for that absolute ad trainwreck.
    On a related note, those "adult-themed" WoT ads are better - at least the one about 'barrel length' is more suggestive than explicit, which is sort-of OK.

Edited by kubawt112, 25 September 2018 - 11:54 PM.

DuncaN_101 #15 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55988 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Fixing bugs and balancing the tanks above anything else is on my list

I don't want new tanks or battle modes.
Fix what you have before expanding further.

xtrem3x #16 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34977 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 23 September 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

Wins rather than XP. As it stands right now, players in ranked battles get rewarded not for their teamplay, but for how much XP they can farm in the battle. This creates a very selfish behaviour and doesn't go very well with a team game at all. It doesn't matter if player A did 0 damage if he was the one that capped the enemy base which allowed the team to win. It doesn't matter it player B did 6000 damage without spotting it himself if he was the one that stopped the enemy advance. But with the current system, both player A and B will be the ones that becomes punished. Therefore, I'd suggest that you give 1 chevron to everyone on the winning team, and that you remove 1 chevron from everyone on the losing team. We already have 1vs1 tournaments to rate players on an individual basis, ranked battles is supposed to rate players capabilities to win as a team.

LMAO :teethhappy:

So somebody with, for example, a 54% win rate would only have 4 Chevrons after playing 100 battles?

Then 1 losing streak could wipe them all out?

Hahaha... That's a well thought out suggestion right there :girl:

BR33K1_PAWAH #17 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6467 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Premium ammo removal/ammo rework and Frontline release.

Ph3lan #18 Posted 24 September 2018 - 09:51 AM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18823 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey Falcon!

Seems like a cool initiative, I have pinned the topic. I hope you don't mind that I added "Community" into the title to make it a bit clearer. 

While I can't promise that any of the points on the list will make into the game, I can promise that we will send the list to our developers. 

Homer_J #19 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32387 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPh3lan, on 24 September 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hey Falcon!

Seems like a cool initiative, I have pinned the topic. I hope you don't mind that I added "Community" into the title to make it a bit clearer. 

While I can't promise that any of the points on the list will make into the game, I can promise that we will send the list to our developers. 

I hope you make it clear that the OP does not represent everyone and his views are far from widely held.  Yes it's a nicely written and presented thesis but many of the ideas are IMO quite terrible. 

Making food the same price as a small repair kit will make it the must have consumable which nobody will run without.

We do not all want arty removing and if it was compensated in free exp and credits I would have more than I could ever spend so it would really be no compensation.  Bringing in off map support is a terrible idea which was widely disliked in Frontline mode and will be hated more than arty.

Really though it's little more than the age old premium ammo and arty whine dressed up.

Geno1isme #20 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48107 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

- Remove template MM. Not just 3-5-7, the whole concept needs to go to the trashbin. Go back to a constraint based MM.

- Remove tile UI changes. Most people I know just hate this design.

- Fix physics. Not just flipping tanks and soap stones, also fall damage is completely retarded at the moment (depending on how you land you take no damage or kill yourself from the same fall)

- Rework of the spotting system. Always disliked this binary nonsense (though I know it's tricky to make something better).

- Ammo rework. Could go on for hours regarding details, but not gonna repeat what has been stated a million times already.

- Crew rework. See above.

- Equipment rework. See above.

- Formal balancing specification. Explain the parameters that make up a balanced tank, and use that as reference when performing rebalancings or adding new tanks.

Edited by Geno1isme, 24 September 2018 - 10:26 AM.

Also tagged with 2019, wishlist, development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users