• 42337 battles

for WG guys:

http://forum.worldof...dited-disaster/

samuelx43a #102 Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26109 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My suggestion would be to get the original 3-5-7 MM when it came out. I remember having a lot of fun, but then some tweaks happened and it all went downhill.

Frontline will net a lot of money and popularity for tier VIII...

While I'm sure you are looking into prem ammo already, I'd politely ask to haste this a bit.

and I'm totally with rati when introducing weather conditions. Though that may cause issues for those of us with potato PCs.

Dorander #103 Posted 29 September 2018 - 09:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21025 battles
Just had a random-ish new idea: a new crew skill that reduces the duration or impact of stuns. Simply call it "Medic" or something along those lines, it might be something unique to radio operators who otherwise get pretty little in terms of unique useful skills.

Marrrsa #104 Posted 30 September 2018 - 05:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12483 battles

This post comes from a person who played this game over four years but has now practically stopped playing. However, I would probably come back if certain things were changed. The things that need a rework are listed in a priority order.

1. Remove the template system from the matchmaker. For me, this game was ruined when the new matchmaker was introduced. Tier VIII was my favourite tier, and I especially enjoyed playing heavy tanks. But now? Oh boy, it could not be worse. It is horrible to be nearly always at bottom tier, and when I finally get to a tier VI battle, it is not fun because the game almost purely depends on how the guys in the top tier tanks play. I never understood why the matchmaker needed an overhaul. Yes, I hated it when one team could have ten heavy tanks whereas the other team had ten tank destroyers. I could not understand either why one team could have e.g. more tier X tanks than the other team. However, these problems did not require a template-based matchmaker. Now games are repetitive, boring, and most often unfun because it is not enjoyable to be either bottom tier or top tier. This game needs variety, and the old matchmaker provided it!

2. Every tank should have an armour weak point. I remember the days when I had to learn where to shoot a tank. Now those days are gone. Since the developers decided that tanks do not need real armour weak points, the skill has mainly been that I need to know whether I can pen a tank with regular or premium ammo. When I see some tank, I often switch immediately to premium ammo because I know that aiming non-existent weak points is pointless. Every tank should have an armour weak point that enables even lower tier tanks to pen the tank, and preferably without premium ammo. Unfortunately, it seems that the developers are going to exactly the opposite direction.

3. Stop introducing premium tanks that are better than their non-premium counterparts. How many times have we already seen a situation where the developers have introduced a new tank line where the premium tank is better than its non-premium counterpart? How many new premium tanks have we seen that have made the old non-premium tanks irrelevant? I have lost my interest to grind new tank lines because the best tanks are only available by paying money to Wargaming. I am perfectly fine if premium tanks are as good as their non-premium counterparts, but they should never be better. This game has become “pay to win”, and unless this path is quickly changed, I believe this is were this game is eventually going to die. Stop milking your customers if you want to have something to milk in future, Wargaming.

4. Rework premium shells. For me, video games are fun when I manage to make the right decisions and win because of them. With the choice of ammunition, however, the only right decision is often to shoot premium ammo, no matter what you are facing. Especially in the era of the template-based matchmaker, my loadouts have sometimes gone completely crazy. For example, if I take my T32 for a ride and end up into a tier X battle, I often switch immediately to premium ammo because its simply better. I don’t want to suffer from bad RNG and bounce half of my shots if I can pen every shot with premium ammo. This may sound a good business strategy for you, Wargaming, but it isn’t. The current ammunition system unnecessarily removes one skill element from the game and makes the game worse. The choice of ammo should always depend on the situation, e.g. by giving some ammo type more penetration by lowering its alpha damage. I also believe that the economy system of the game could still work. Seriously Wargaming, you are nowadays throwing credit boosters to players so often that some people don’t have enough time to use them all. If you can do that, I cannot understand how the rework of premium shells would be a big thing.

nightheron #105 Posted 30 September 2018 - 08:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10089 battles

Based on a partial review of the forum, and adding my personal bias.  I'd like to see the following.

• Clock in garage
  • Add variety to MM, rather than just 357, why not have 375,  573, 294, or similar.
  • Rentable tanks, by day, week, month.  Any rented queue stays with tank.
  • Prevent higher tier on smaller maps
  • Once seen a tank should remain visible until it can block the line of sight for a few seconds or exceed view distance.
  • Remove or penalize the use of XVM
  • Profile the use of arty on some maps, open field up to 3, city map up to 1
  • All tanks should have a weak spot, no matter how small.
  • More, larger, maps. Even if they are unbalanced.
  • Tweak arty DMG vs stun
  • Fix chat
  • Buff all tanks I own, and nerf those I don't.  (Wish I'd thought of that one)
  • Add a button that requests a switch to the other team before the match start.  Would need accepting by a team member on the other team.
  • Vary, randomize,  the starting locations to change the way the map is played.
  • Reduce view ranges by 20% across all tanks
  • Make the maps bigger and give us more options of attack.
  • No map pinging after death

I got bored of reading historical posts.

Keep in mind it's not just players that read these forums, WG competitors do also.   Forums are a useful for so many reasons.

Andrasan89 #106 Posted 01 October 2018 - 01:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8102 battles
  • [NEBUN] NEBUN

Keep in mind it's not just players that read these forums, WG competitors do also.   Forums are a useful for so many reasons.

thats just a very good reason for WG to read and do something about whats written here

ok..my wishes...

1. BALANCE WITHOUT P2W !

that means:

1.1 premium ammo rework - REMOVE p2w element, simply make different ammo types with different characteristics and advantages = disadvantages, and of course, around same price. Even add more shells type, for diversity, strategic choices...encourage SKILLS !

1.2 WEAKPOINTS ON ALL TANKS INCLUDING NEW MORONIC PREMIUM P2W ONES ! Simply rework all tanks armors and add proper weakpoints.

Dont tell be about Flank, track, spot...etc...Simply tell me what can you do in a heavy when you meet another heavy? (Maus vs Type for example) How can you fight him without weakpoints???:facepalm:

Thats why all tanks need weakpoints !

1.3 Give to LTs their ViewRange back ! Whats the main role of a LT ? - TO SPOT ! How can you spot without viewRange? that was one of the stupidest idea ever....just make them usefull and balanced.

1.4 Fartilery - theres a lot of possible options (i just posted some on bigThread) Dont know...make it to rely on minimap? That means enemys not visible on normal view? Give them some pings on map when enemys fire but do not show them the tank? Make them to aim after coordinates not directly for a spotted tank?

1.5 about MM - simply BAN XVM and remove players name from match, let just tanks name ! That would improve teams balance

2. Crew rework (as promised already) Its nasty and useless to have over 5 or 6 skills almost impossible to train more, and also is ugly to have useless skills + some of them overloading one member (commander)

3. Consumables - like is already said above...remove p2w element and everything is fine

4. Maybe more slots for equipment? Or atleast only for some classes what need more things..like LTs for example.

5. +/- 1 MM !!! (or lets say...this is not such a big deal...if all tanks are proper balanced and with proper weakpoints !! but they are not ! so MM is BAD now due to this)

6. RoyalBattle spotting system....was just...excellent ! I really want to see this mode as a permanent one.

7. GIVE BACK TOURNAMENT REWARDS !!! Group stage rewards !

8. PVE modes and permanent ones

9. Frontline Back

10. BIGGER MAPS OR LESS PLAYERS ON THOSE SMALL MAPS ! I mean 10 vs 10 or 7 vs 7 for such small places.

11. Modern tanks?

12. just add Zograne sounds for guns...simply make your game to feel way more realistic and its nasty to wait for his update after each patch...

13. Use this feedback...

Edited by Andrasan89, 01 October 2018 - 01:53 PM.

Grand_Moff_Tano #107 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles
Another one: Make the T32 researchable from the M26 Pershing, since the former is a more heavily armoured variant (or prototype rather) of the latter.

Edited by Grand_Moff_Tano, 01 October 2018 - 06:17 PM.

King_Of_Dust #108 Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30450 battles
  • [SOGA] SOGA
Remove Crew penalty for previous  vehicles.
Once a crew gets 100% with a specific tank, it should always be 100% no matter if it advances to next tier. Then it could return to that tank any given time. So no retrain to past learned tanks

Vule777 #109 Posted 01 October 2018 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29970 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

I just open request topic in mods section and i ask for credits locker.

Can you make some kind of a "bank" where we could save our credits from time to time?

Often when I use boosters or have premium, I manage to get nice amount of credits, but soon as they expired I lose all my credits only for repairs and I don't even noticed because I lose it rapidly. Most of the tanks that I play now was buyed because I had to sell some older, and that is just crap, I can't collect tanks.

Edited by Vule777, 01 October 2018 - 05:22 PM.

gunslingerXXX #110 Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12535 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostVule777, on 01 October 2018 - 05:20 PM, said:

I just open request topic in mods section and i ask for credits locker.

Can you make some kind of a "bank" where we could save our credits from time to time?

Often when I use boosters or have premium, I manage to get nice amount of credits, but soon as they expired I lose all my credits only for repairs and I don't even noticed because I lose it rapidly. Most of the tanks that I play now was buyed because I had to sell some older, and that is just crap, I can't collect tanks.

You can use equipment/consumables as 'savings account'. Buy when 50% off, you can then sell for the same value when you need the credits.

Works well for me. Also I don't sell the stuff received from missions, just put it in my savings account.

Vule777 #111 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29970 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 01 October 2018 - 07:41 PM, said:

You can use equipment/consumables as 'savings account'. Buy when 50% off, you can then sell for the same value when you need the credits.

Works well for me. Also I don't sell the stuff received from missions, just put it in my savings account.

I do that often but again that is not enough. Recently I sold 3 tanks and all junk just to buy tier X e4. I had junk and consumables for about 2 mil.

This way we could save our credits bit by bit, for example just now i finished some mission and get 1 day premium, I activated credit boosters and for about 1 hour I got 300 000, so if I don't save that (for consumables on discount...) tomorow when premium expires, I would spend all for repairs in 15 minutes.

I know, now you will said "So what you do when you don't have credits and can't repair", well then I choose 1 tank and play only with it, or I play lower tiers which I don't like to play. So more and more often I enjoy less and less in this game.

Edit,

Let me translate this "Free garage slots":

Edited by Vule777, 01 October 2018 - 08:26 PM.

gunslingerXXX #112 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12535 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostVule777, on 01 October 2018 - 08:03 PM, said:

I do that often but again that is not enough. Recently I sold 3 tanks and all junk just to buy tier X e4. I had junk and consumables for about 2 mil.

This way we could save our credits bit by bit, for example just now i finished some mission and get 1 day premium, I activated credit boosters and for about 1 hour I got 300 000, so if I don't save that (for consumables on discount...) tomorow when premium expires, I would spend all for repairs in 15 minutes.

I know, now you will said "So what you do when you don't have credits and can't repair", well then I choose 1 tank and play only with it, or I play lower tiers which I don't like to play. So more and more often I enjoy less and less in this game.

you can buy a fort knox package :justwait::P

Vule777 #113 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29970 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
I will do that, yesterday. :D

Wintermute_1 #114 Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48966 battles
Do something about the skills list, its so sterile they basically pick themselves.

Squirrel_1939 #115 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31442 battles

I would see a SWISS tech tree !!!!!

Thank you Wargaming

spuff #116 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:13 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Tank class specific equipment. At the moment, just like with skills, there is a pretty standard equipment load out. Making some things for specific classes eg some spotting enhancing equipment for lights, enhanced gun stability for mediums, enhanced rammer to improve DPM for TDS’s etc etc

ME_Nerd #117 Posted 02 October 2018 - 01:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15526 battles
  • [PANTA] PANTA

well, most of the things were already said, but here are my 3 Cents:

• rework of 3-5-7-template! focus more on 5-10 or 15-0. being lowtier in 80% of the battles is just demotivation.
  • rework prem ammo. right now, it is just plain better in almost all circumstances. plus the effect highly depends on the target. hitting an paper med with HEAT will end up the same as with AP. but hitting an heavy is a totally different story.
  • rework armor models - even superheavies should have (usable) weakspots like the had for the most time in WOTs history. only in the last years tanks like 430U started to appear, where cupolas aren't weakspots. or Type 5 with his 240mm "weakspot" driver hatch.
  • reduce RNG - 15% should be totally okay. my decision should matter, not the result of some equation.
  • rework your point about prem vehicles. the should never be better in terms of balancing than tech tree models. and I do not only mean statswise (DPM, acc, etc.), but also gameplaywise. powercreep is a bad idea for the long run!
  • remove playernames during match - just give them random names (HT-1, HT2, ...). this resolves the topic with XVM. after the match, you can add the names in the after battle report.
  • more maps like Malinovka, less stuff like Paris - corridor maps are just bad!

masheene #118 Posted 02 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36116 battles
Suicide Button for maps like Mountain Pass, Paris, Province, etc. etc. etc.

spuff #119 Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Buff T10 lights. You want them to not snipe which you have done by nerfing the long range capabilities yet give them really low DPM and not the greatest mobility.
Increase DPM to ~2800 - 3000 across all the light (13-105 is a different story with the magazine) and give slight mobility and speed buffs to give lights a chance to quickly despatch isolated targets. Remember how the old T5 end of line Chaffee used to be.

oh and give the VK2801 it’s derp back. You ruined the uniqueness of this tank and made it a pale imitation of all the other T6 lights. 

Edited by spuff, 03 October 2018 - 06:50 AM.

jeffrey_mk2 #120 Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14215 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG
When switching binocs/camo nets etc. between tanks I first have to go to select a tank to remove it from and put it in the depot if there is none left in depot.
Then I need to click back to the tank where you want to put it on and open te menu again to equip it.
Why is it not picked automatic from one to another tank ?
It will be a lot faster and easier.
Also a checkbox to lock the switchable equipment on a tank would be nice.

Also when in a platoon and the commander chooses a tier 8 and my equipment (for example binocs) is on a tier 6 I cant select the tier 6 tank to remove it from because its blanked off because the commander selected a tier 8.
Then I have to ask if the commander from the platoon wants to remove the selected tank / uncheck "ready" so I can pick the equipment from my tier 6.
Quite annoying feature.

Edited by jeffrey_mk2, 03 October 2018 - 10:55 AM.

Also tagged with 2019, wishlist, development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users