World of Tanks 2019 - Community Development Wishlist

2019 wishlist development

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

Dexatroph #21 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:34 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 47519 battles

2019 ? Its pretty simple.I won't be too greedy.

- fixed soundbug

- fixed chat

- get rid of this terrible 3/5/7 matchmaking corset

- revamp mission & shop UI as it is currently not very clear and intuitive

- working hitboxes  (since the introduction of HD maps too many hitboxes of rocks, buildings, landscape are badly modeled)

- revamp crew UI (add a filter to sort by gender, completed skills  [1,2,3,...], 0-perk crews)

- Premium Arty (Tier 8) - all other classes have premium vehicles for grinding XP, Free-XP, Crew-XP and Credits

EDIT:

- make XVM stats not working - one of the biggest toxicity drivers in this game

Edited by Dexatroph, 24 September 2018 - 12:49 PM.

jack_timber #22 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:51 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38382 battles

Simple request...

Clock in garage, yes I know lazy could alt-tab, or look at phone. Can't see clock in room as it's right behind me and would mean getting up off the bonkette, can't think why it's called that:)

Vule777 #23 Posted 24 September 2018 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29966 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ

Tier 11-20 with new modern tanks.

Small maps enlarge to 1000m.

Bring back credits count from previous years because now it is almost impossible for regular player or not that good player to get enough credits for repairs only if they don't have premium account.

But, empty wishes, never will happened.

OreH75 #24 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

Major

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 23 September 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

Limited time window. Many players can't play during your time window WG. Players that have a work, they might also need to do grocery shopping, cook food, cleaning the house, take care of kids, and so on. They can't follow your schedule of playing a computer game between 17:00 to 23:00 every day of the week. And when they finally get some free time, your ranked battles has closed down for the day, or in the best, they get 1-2 hours left to play. That's not enough to get into a decent position on the leader board, especially when they have to compete against players that can farm chevrons for 6 hours per day. My suggestion here is that you remove the time window completely, and if needed, find a rating that isn't dependant of how much time you put in, but how well you play. Maybe rank players depending on their winrate in ranked battles rather than how many chevrons they have?

Life is full of choices, welcome to the grown-up world. 

Wishlist: Don't send player names (or id's) to the clients during the game. In this way XVM will be rendered useless ingame. Only show them in the "After Battle Report".

Edited by OreH75, 24 September 2018 - 11:12 AM.

Dorander #25 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:41 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21004 battles

My thoughts, in no particular order:

- Prioritize 5/10 MM template over 3/5/7, this should still allow for quick matchmaking depending on population-by-tier while creating more fair battles and removing the feeling of being shafted on a regular basis. In my experience people don't feel the need to be top tier all the time, they feel the need to have a fighting chance.

- Rebalance older tanks to better match the changes (power creep) and introduction of new tank lines over the years.

- Give light tanks a clearly defined role unique to them, rather than making them mostly bad mediums. Perhaps involve the radio somehow, indirectly making radiorange and skills relevant in the process. An example would be to relate their role more to the artillery class given the scout/support roles the classes traditionally have, such as removing information/details from the overhead SPG view unless the enemy is being spotted by a light tank. Removed information could include the target's name, tank type, or even replacing the tank model by a fuzzy silhouette indicating that SPGs are long-range support relying on other people's vision rather than having their own personal satellite view.

- Rebalance premium ammo to not be flat out better than regular ammo, e.g. by reducing DPM. Rather than reduce damage as some people suggest (which implicitly buffs superheavies), perhaps increase load time.

- To balance out the premium ammo change, (re)introduce weakspots to heavily armoured tanks/areas that can be penetrated reliably with average normal shells for that tier, increasing the impact of aiming skill and knowledge over just pressing "2".

- Get rid of or massively tweak that stupid stun mechanic. It is nothing but massively frustrating. A good start would be not stunning tanks that don't recieve a penetrating hit from the artillery shell; right now tanks get stunned merely by being in proximity to the explosion even when they don't take any actual damage (or only non-critical external module damage). Reduce overall high tier stun duration, slightly increase mid tier stun duration OR mid-tier artillery shell blast radius. The difference between these is immense and doesn't feel like a sensible progression.

- Bring back Frontline. Include tier 6 Frontline mode.

- Introduce Grand Battles for lower tiers that typically see high activity/population (e.g. tier 6 and 8). These tiers on their own are far better balanced than tier 10 is and typically far more dynamic as tanks are far less overall-capable, allowing for different tank types to actually excel in the mechanics they're good at. Those tiers also suffer far less from the TD-camplines that were so prevalent in tier 10 Grand Battles.

LordMuffin #26 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:44 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 50649 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Small things.
Fix: sound bug.
chat issues including friendslist and toon invites.
Fix hit boxes on many maps so a clear view means you won't hit invisible walls, and visible walls mean you can't shoot through.

Larger stuff.
Get rid of template based MM. Replace with old one or a +/-1 matchmaker off old rules.
In order to allow differences in number of tanks per tier, number of TD/ht/Mt per team which in turn leads to larger variety in battles and more interesting fights instead of current MM which puts up more or less identical fights over and over and over again.
Get rid off arty or cap at 1 or shorten range to 550m for all arty while you increase mobility.

Remove premium ammo and give every tank frontal weakspots of various thickness where the weakest of them (and smallest) can be reliably penned if unangled by the lowest tiered MT/TD/HT 80%+ of the times if he/she hits it.
Then you can insert larger weakspots like lfp which if unangled same tiered tanks have like 80% chance to pen and so on.

When creating maps, don't think like 'this is MT zone, this is HT zone, this is TD camp etc', it only leads to terrible maps (new Erlenberg, Paris etc).
I think it would be way better if you designed from a movement aspect instead.
Now you are shoehorning certain tanks to certain areas on all maps, which leads to less interesting battles on the maps since they all play out more or less the same way.
Allow some innovation on the maps, allow flexibility allow experimentation outside of your idea of how a map 'should be played'.

fighting_falcon93 #27 Posted 24 September 2018 - 11:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32558 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 24 September 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

Hey Falcon!

Seems like a cool initiative, I have pinned the topic. I hope you don't mind that I added "Community" into the title to make it a bit clearer. 

While I can't promise that any of the points on the list will make into the game, I can promise that we will send the list to our developers. 

Thank you very much Ph3lan and no worries about the thread title.

Could we maybe set a deadline? When would be an appropriate date when this will be sent to the developers?

I'm also wondering if you could please help me clean up a bit in this thread. It seems some people don't understand the meaning of "no discussion". I just want the thread to be clean so it will be easier for the developers to go through it, instead of scrolling through a lot of comments that are not actual wishes.

Thank you very much for the help :great:

TANKOPPRESSION #28 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47296 battles
Skill based MM .

NekoPuffer_PPP #29 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33379 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  1. Try supertesting 5-5-5 MM instead of the clearly broken 3-5-7 MM
  2. Nerf old premium tanks such as the leFH18B2 and E25, or at the very least stop selling them over and over again. You're ruining your own game. Every tier 5 battle I've entered lately has had at least one leFH in it.
  3. Relates to #2, stop selling broken tanks, in general.
  4. +20/-20% RNG would be welcome. Preferably +15/-15%.
  5. Limit arty to one per team.
  6. Remove rapid-firing artillery from tier 5 and above (reload should not be lower than 20 sec).
  7. Possibly reintroduce the ability to earn small amounts of gold through missions and/or events, rather than exclusively through Ranked Battles.
  8. Buying special tanks with Bonds. Soon?
  9. Ability to convert any standard tank into a "special vehicle" (much like personal mission reward tanks) with an increased crew xp multiplier with Gold or Bonds.
  10. Limit amount of premium ammo each tank is allowed to carry into battle to 5% :P Well, actually I'm very serious about this wish.

Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 26 September 2018 - 12:41 PM.

Jahpero #30 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:55 PM

• 11412 battles
  • [_CDC_] _CDC_
Hello everyone, 

I removed some off-topic content in order to keep this thread clean.

Have a good day. :honoring:
Jahpero

Homer_J #31 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31679 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 24 September 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

I'm also wondering if you could please help me clean up a bit in this thread. It seems some people don't understand the meaning of "no discussion". 

It's a discussion forum, you don't get to make the rules and nobody voted you forum representative either.

OreH75 #32 Posted 24 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-NARF] -NARF

I'm also wondering if you could please help me clean up a bit in this thread. It seems some people don't understand the meaning of "no discussion". I just want the thread to be clean so it will be easier for the developers to go through it, instead of scrolling through a lot of comments that are not actual wishes.

Then remove your own personal wishes from the opening post and put them in a seperate reply....

Edited by OreH75, 24 September 2018 - 12:58 PM.

Mr_Missclick #33 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11692 battles
  • [DISS] DISS
In my opinion, reworking tanks in the tech tree + reworking the ranked battles completely should be primary goals. MM should be adjusted right after tanks rebalancing. And if I say MM adjusting I mean try to prioritize +-1 MM as much as possible, no skill-based MM or these scraps.

mpf1959 #34 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24917 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Things I would like to see.

Limit spg's to 1 per side per game.

Make the small maps bigger, or if not feasible, limit them to maybe tier 5 or 6.

Reward the use of standard ammo, maybe by an increase in xp scores for successful usage?

Change the MM to +1 and -1, or even one based on a players Personal Rating.

Edited by mpf1959, 24 September 2018 - 01:06 PM.

Homer_J #35 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31679 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOreH75, on 24 September 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Then remove your own personal wishes from the opening post and put them in a seperate reply....

Since we are only allowed to make suggestions I suggest this is a good idea because as it stands the Op has far too much prominence.  The first post should set out the rules only and suggestions should all be posted in replies.

Rati_Festa #36 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48588 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

My wish list

Remove XVM from matches

A skill to be added to crews to counteract arty stun

To be able to see the skills my crew have in match

Fix the t9,t10 lights, they should have best view range of all tanks at the very least.

New Grand Battle maps

A t8 version of Grand Battles ( would alleviate 3/5/7 problems for t8 )

Regular Frontline like a week per month

A commitment by WG to releasing a new map per release

A vote on maps and when the map quota reaches a certain amount the maps with the least votes gets dropped ( bye bye paris and mines )

Personal missions only related to Grand Battles ( ie proper end game content for players with 20k games to attempt )

Personal missions only related to premium account users

Improve the personal mission tanks, T55a and obj260 aren't worth the effort

Move the Kanj panzer, Panther 88 and CDC to pref status

Test maps with random points of interests, ie bushes/vehicles/rocks in different places to create more dynamic matches

Introduce weather conditions

Ph3lan #37 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:39 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18792 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostHomer_J, on 24 September 2018 - 10:11 AM, said:

I hope you make it clear that the OP does not represent everyone and his views are far from widely held.  Yes it's a nicely written and presented thesis but many of the ideas are IMO quite terrible. 

Making food the same price as a small repair kit will make it the must have consumable which nobody will run without.

We do not all want arty removing and if it was compensated in free exp and credits I would have more than I could ever spend so it would really be no compensation.  Bringing in off map support is a terrible idea which was widely disliked in Frontline mode and will be hated more than arty.

Really though it's little more than the age old premium ammo and arty whine dressed up.

To be honest I consider the initiative of gathering the wishes of the community a good idea and I consider Falcon's own ideas/suggestions the same as anyone else's. 

Thank you very much Ph3lan and no worries about the thread title.

Could we maybe set a deadline? When would be an appropriate date when this will be sent to the developers?

Thank you very much for the help :great:

@Falcon, I think @Homer_J has a point above. You might get more people to comment with their own ideas if you separated your own ideas a bit better from the main post asking people to pitch in.

Deadline: Let's go with 2 weeks, until the 8th of October?

Our moderators are already looking at the thread, so far it seems to me that people in general are respective your idea and posting their suggestions only. I don't think we should enforce any draconian no discussion rule here although I'll ask the mods to keep it on topic. (So that me and the CMs will have an easier time going through when doing the report. 

Homer_J #38 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:43 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31679 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I would also wish to see the already stickied suggestions thread taken into consideration.

fighting_falcon93 #39 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32558 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 24 September 2018 - 01:39 PM, said:

@Falcon, I think @Homer_J has a point above. You might get more people to comment with their own ideas if you separated your own ideas a bit better from the main post asking people to pitch in.

Deadline: Let's go with 2 weeks, until the 8th of October?

Our moderators are already looking at the thread, so far it seems to me that people in general are respective your idea and posting their suggestions only. I don't think we should enforce any draconian no discussion rule here although I'll ask the mods to keep it on topic. (So that me and the CMs will have an easier time going through when doing the report. 

Thank you very much for your reply Ph3lan.

Yes, that sounds great. I've added the deadline (8th October 2018) to the opening post, and I've also tried to separate it a bit more from my own wishes. As long as the thread stays clean so it's easy for WG to go through it and process all the wishes, it's fine for me.

Once again, I'd like to thank you a lot for the help.

Best Regards,

fighting_falcon93.

razer01 #40 Posted 24 September 2018 - 01:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11621 battles
We need Sturmtiger in wot :justwait:

Also tagged with 2019, wishlist, development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users