2019 wishlist development

• Please log in to reply
242 replies to this topic

Avenger_GB #81 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36420 battles
  • [HYBRD] HYBRD

1.  Introduce transfer of crew between nations - e.g. I have given up Swedish TD line but have 4 female crew left unused.

09:56 Added after 1 minute

2.  Limit low skill (<46%) players with very few games (<3000) from getting tier 8 premiums.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #82 Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19821 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP
A garage with buttons that say what they do would be nice. All them small picture buttons are real purty like and all, but having to mouse over a bunch of them to find the one you're looking for is not very convenient.

spuff #83 Posted 26 September 2018 - 01:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12803 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Rework the spotting mechanics. A tank in the middle of a field which can be seen clearly with no cover, shouldn’t disappear just because it didn’t move for 6 seconds if still in view range. It should only be able to hide again in cover.

LCpl_Jones #84 Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12535 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

remove arta...

how is this thread any different to this one http://forum.worldof.../page__st__1340 ?

Grand_Moff_Tano #85 Posted 26 September 2018 - 07:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 1776 battles

View PostLCpl_Jones, on 26 September 2018 - 06:52 PM, said:

remove arta...

how is this thread any different to this one http://forum.worldof.../page__st__1340 ?

View PostPh3lan, on 24 September 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

The suggestion thread has been there for quite some time and we have been using it for our regular reports. However it is pretty old at this point and I think it is in need of a refresh to make it more current. I'll ask the CMs to look into it. I like Falcon's idea since it enables us to get a very current and focused picture of what you guys want to see in the game and instead of sprinkling it in multiple reports it gives me the opportunity to write one only about this. 

Lord_Barbarozza #86 Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6664 battles

If not remove SPG, at least make their rendering distance shorter so they have to move to get vision on enemy vehicles. Which means if they are still going to be able to shoot across the map from the base they will have to blindfire, unless they are willing to move closer to support their teammates.

Or just limit SPG firing range, forces them to move tactically on the map.

Limit to 1 SPG, maximum 2 per team.

Reduce ridicules gun arch where tier 5 and 6 SPGs can hit you vertically behind cover every 10-16 seconds, even over mountains in some cases.

Reduce RNG to 10% possibly, in higher tiers at least.

Flip the MM system around, making it look for +1/-1, then equal tier, then 3/5/7 or 5/5/5. (Or +1/-1, then 5/5/5, then equal tier)

At least make a limit how many times a player can be bottom tier in a row, just like there is a map rotation count to give players new maps every game.

Not every player shoots premium ammo, matching for example T110e5 against a Type 5 heavy which it cannot pen unless RNG allows a cupola shot, getting splashed back for 500 damage.

Matching these two tanks would not be a problem if Type 5 actually had a weakspot or two, but unless E5 shoots HEAT it loses every fight head to head.

Generally balance the tanks to where there are no clear meta vehicles. Like you cant go wrong with a 5A or Super Conqueror, but every so often you queue up in  an E5 you want to avoid facing the tank you are matched against, same with IS-4 players. Turret armor is obviously very important and the E5 in this case has a big weakspot on the turret contrary to other heavies and mediums with smaller turret weakspots.

Remove or balance different ammunition types if they stay in the game. Should not give 340 HEAT pen and the same damage as standard ammunition.

Give less experience when damaging with premium ammo if it stays in game and still gives an advantage over standard ammo.

Otherwise the variety of tanks are good and there cannot be 100% balance, which means every tank and map are situational like it should be.

catatpillar #87 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21792 battles

No more marathons pretty Please!!!

Gameplay during such is awful experience...

WaifuRacer #88 Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23138 battles

Stop making new maps because its clear the department that makes them are only qualified for visual design and not game design...

Tanks that need buff ASAP:
-T34

-E-100

(Thats all I know from personal experience but there are a lot more)

Tanks that need nerf ASAP: 

-Bobjekt (268 V4)

-Low tier arties (up to tier 6 they litterally one shot you almost everytime they hit head on or take half your hp and stun you for half a minute while having ridiculously quick reload)

Reduce stun, it is extremely high and very annoying/pointless, arty players dont care about stunning, but at least its very annoying and can be exploited against your own teammates.

Fix spot system/trees that block you from spotting eventough you can see through under them

Fix overextending textures (yes, 1.0 is out for quiet a while now and this is STILL not fixed.

Make arty team damage policy more strict so they cant shoot you 5-6 times before they turn blue. If they dont hit you head on the system wont recognize it quickly as TK and they can exploit this as much as they want.

Listen to the "big" players/streamers. They are up there for a reason. I like how noone wanted stun effect yet we got it anyway because "Here at wg we listen to player feedback". Im pretty sure noone will see this from wg or if they do they just ignore it as "negative comment" and no as "criticism that could be used to improve the game"

Have a good day.

Edited by WaifuRacer, 27 September 2018 - 01:07 AM.

Avenger_GB #89 Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:29 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 36420 battles
  • [HYBRD] HYBRD

3.  A new consumable -smoke dischargers.  Gives a 30 metre radius smoke cloud for 10 seconds which breaks spotting (including for arty!!). 2 or 3 reloads. https://youtu.be/HcYl2FJw8go

Edited by avengerczr, 27 September 2018 - 08:31 AM.

anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #90 Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 0 battles

Just remove stats and xvm. Then mm rigged etc etc crying will go. as well as a lot of toxicity.

They did this in other MMO games and it helped alot it may even boost WG's income as I know many people who refuse to spend money on this game due to XVM.

This game has become about winning rather than fun.

Edited by Edweird, 27 September 2018 - 09:40 AM.

Simeon85 #91 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 25 September 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

This thread does not need any discussion, because WG will decide themselves what suggestions they like and not.

Wrong, this is literally the whole point of the forum. An echo chamber of terrible idea is entirely pointless, there should be open discussion on the actual merits, viability, priority and value of these suggestions. 

Edited by Simeon85, 27 September 2018 - 10:31 AM.

vorlontank #92 Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:42 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25670 battles

get rid of xvm, game was fine before and it just brought toxicity.

arty, limit to 2 per side and -1/+2 mm

keep their top down view but don't show the enemy tank or maybe just a dot? only sighted by the tank which has actual line of sight on the enemy, and in radio range. give the arty the ability to destroy terrain, thats what its for. most maps have huge craters, some you can even go hull down in. make all the buildings somewhat destructible.  a shell which can penetrate 300mm of tank armour should not be stopped by a garden wall, otherwise tanks would be made of that instead

night games and bad weather, give arty flares and smoke

stop putting so many autoloaders in the game or make their reload longer. i read somewhere that, i think it was the amx french, that the crew had to stop and get out of the tank to reload.

fix the spotting system. having a huge japanese heavy cross a field in the open and then suddenly vanish is ridiculous.

also make the view ranges suit the tanks, lights are there to spot, not meds but many meds seem to have superior ranges.

less new lines and more maps please

HGreg97 #93 Posted 27 September 2018 - 11:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19228 battles
  • [4SALE] 4SALE

First of all, my case is not a complaint. I just did not find another method to share my ideas with the support. I hope it is not a problem.

My aim with this post is to enhance the game and improve gameplay.

Everyone playing this game since 2011 obviously found himself in an awkward situation, when in the beginning, everyone going randomly whereever they would like to, and this causes rams and collisions too with HP loss. I think with a simple improvement this problem could be solved.

My idea is that when matchmaking made and map is choosen, in the 30 seconds when players wait for the battle start, they should have a chance to place their tanks into direct spwan points or zones. For example, there are yellow colored free mini circles or mini zones players can choose, then its not free anyomre, green for the actual player and red for the team, meaning that it is reserved, and after this game and battlefield loads in. People with better computer will have advance, but its not that important for other players to be competitive in (i think). So when showing the map overview with the 2 team, in the middle map players can choose spawn points, or go forward with a "next" button and then they will be placed randomly to the free spots.

The spawn point selection would be avialable until the last 5 or 10 seconds of the countdown then all remaining players, also who did not choose spawn points would be placed in the battlefield.

This method would be able to enhance platoons too. The players would be able to spawn next to each other, so they can head to the desired point side by side.

In Stronghold or Clan War, the leader would have a chance to place the players to be tactically eligible.

I hope you will take this idea to consider, I do not see possibility of cheat/hack with is ugrapade.

With best regards, 
Gergely Hunyady 
HGreg97

Arkarthurer #94 Posted 27 September 2018 - 02:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10912 battles

It would be nice to think that Wargaming might actually read and pay attention to the voice of its customers as that is how business should work.

My two-penneth:

1) Sort out the matchmaking, +1/-1 would be more fair
2) Limit arty numbers, 3 in one game is too many, perhaps 1, max 2

3) Rebalance the tanks, new tanks too powerful which is unfair on gameplay for older favourite tanks, buff and nerf appropriately especially tier 8 upwards

4) Skill or Tier based matchmaking, having a unicum with 46K games against a novice with 100 games is slaughter
5) Camo is not an invisibility cloak, a tank sitting in plain sight 60m away should not be invisible, perhaps partially visible, predator style maybe

6) Undo facility for important changes like skill resetting, tank training etc
7) Please stop ruining the interface, making it pretty but reducing helpfulness and ease of use is not user friendly
8) Reduce RNG as it is not rewarding accurate shots with accurate guns, makes frustrating gameplay
8) Random generated maps, would introduce an unknown element to some games
9) Simpler maps, imagine a desert with undulating dunes no corridors or bushes for camping

10) Community designed map contest, we - the players - have a lot of game playing experience and knowledge between us and know what we would like to play
11) Prevent bots or bot software from being able to participate in the game

12) Remove XVM or at least 'opt out' from our details being shown as it is toxic, divides the community and creates and unfair advantage to others and adversely affects expectations
13) Limit the ammunition load out to specific min/max of specific shells to prevent overuse of premium ammunition

There are so many players who love this game who are leaving due to a number of issues, including the matchmaker - imagine how many players would return if these issues were addressed and bugs were fixed, WG would make even more money - now's there a thing.

Ark'

Chrubac #95 Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 37038 battles

1. Change MM to +1/-1:

It's the only way the developers are going to be able to get a reasonable chance at balancing the tanks, and tiers, versus each other.

2. RNG accuracy:

Keep the current accuracy for tanks that are moving (their tracks) but go back to the old RNG (before 0.9.6) for tanks that are standing still. The bad accuracy streaks that you can get, while fully aimed, can cause so much frustration. It is one of the biggest reasons why so many people have just had enough of this game. It's appalling that the developers didn't think of this solution, back in the days, when they thought that moving KV-2s were too accurate.

3. Artillery:

Preferably removed! It is still, and will always remain, a broken game mechanism!

If not they need to get their stun splash radius reduced and their shell arcs lowered. We have to be able to brawl on important choke points with some reasonable chance of not constantly being stunned.

Artillery should not be able to negate arty safe spots, either by lobbing the shell or splash 12 meters away from your tank, unless they relocate to get a side shot. The current implementation obviously still causes huge frustration and player drops.

No more than two (per team) in standard random matches.

Their RNG accuracy distribution should not be as proposed, in point 2 above, but could be made even worse. Possibly they could gain back some alpha damage (not all the way back) for them to get some satisfaction when they manage to make a direct hit.

4. Bigger maps:

We need more space when fighting in the higher tiers. Those grand battle maps ought to be playable for tier 8-10 in normal random games, or possibly change grand battles to 20 vs 20. The argument that players with T95s and Mauses will be left behind is no reason to restrict all other tanks to effectively 400x400 meters urban fighting.

5. Restric improved equipments/directives:

The announcement last year about the new war bonds system came so close to implementation that no time was given to consider the players opinions. On the european forum it became clear that a skill earned currency was welcomed, but the absolute majority thought that improved equipments and directives were implemented poorly. Most saw no need for them or wanted them restricted to competitive modes and/or only tier 10 (or tier 8-10). Very few wanted them available for low and mid tiers.

Improved equipments are almost always used to further boost (already OP) selected reward, premium and regular vehicles. This also occurs in lower tiers to further dominate lower skilled players.

Nowadays we can read from russian Q&A sessions that the european player base wants warbonds to be purchable, for real money, in the premium shop. Talk about deliberate hand picking of forum posts to motivate that ingrown russian mentality that it is the privilege of the strong to bully the weak.

Most europeans have different values!

We want warbonds to be usable for cosmetic customisations and the purchase of special reward vehicles, that are able to be balanced because they aren’t bought with real money.

The improved equipments/directives doesn’t really improve game play and could be removed or restricted to special game modes and/or tiers.

Edited by Chrubac, 28 September 2018 - 11:18 AM.

Simeon85 #96 Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles
Pretty much all of WG's focus and time should be on fixing the MM and the 3-5-7, anything else is irrelevant at the moment, they shouldn't be wasting their time with other fixes, content etc. until this priority issue is fixed. 

Vule777 #97 Posted 27 September 2018 - 06:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29966 battles
  • [BZVZ] BZVZ
*edited*

Edited by G_Bg_82, 27 September 2018 - 07:30 PM.
edited due to non constructive content

KINGPIN65 #98 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:58 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12679 battles

1.Matchmaker: Maybe change to 5/5/5, 5/10 or something more balanced than the current 3/5/7. Also if the system is going to match tanks by type like now, maybe introduce subclasses or something like that(superheavy,support heavy etc...). For example it makes no sense to think that one team having a Maus and the other having amx50b on himmelsdorf is great balance just because both are classed as a heavy.

2.Remove the derp guns from Jap tanks,give them normal guns and give them weakspots that can be penned by standart ammo and careful aiming( weakspots also applies to all other hyper armored tanks).

3.Fix the SPG problem-limit to 1 per team,or make them pve class to play with bots, or just make them a real support vehicles(zero damage, only stunning)

4.Keep enriching the map pool , but please stop blocking 50% of the map with damn mountains and seas, use the available space to make more playable areas.

5.Rebalance all tanks hopefully and while doing that use the moment to reduce rng factors to maybe like 10% and find a way to make ammo choice be a strategic decision not just "i have credits i will spam higher penetration ammo".

Also one more thing, I think it would be better if you rework the experience values while grinding tanks. Long and super painful stock grinds are very discouraging.Maybe make the modules cheaper to research on a tank but inflate the xp requirements for the next tier tank,keeping the overall xp requirements the same.

Edited by KINGPIN65, 28 September 2018 - 12:04 PM.

Koriin #99 Posted 28 September 2018 - 12:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 14339 battles

My Wishlist:

• Removal of premium/gold ammunition; For the sake of getting balance back into this game I would like to see the premium ammo removed. While I understand that that requires alot of work for the balance department, it seems to me that it is impossible to get the current situation balanced. At the moment I am seeing (some) tanks that are both UP and OP, depending on ammunition that is shot.
    • If the above is impossible, atleast remove premium/gold High Explosive rounds.

• Balancing by nerfing OP tanks instead of boosting UP tanks; While it is probably quite hard to achieve, I would much rather see this kind of balancing strategy. Currently, with every round of balancing or new tankline that is introduced there is a huge powercreep on the older vehicles.

• Make it possible to change crew nationality: No argumentation, but I guess quite some people are willing to pay little gold for this feature. I know I would be.

uglycousin #100 Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:27 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47290 battles

A simple request: make special crew members ( like berlin crews, female crews, crews with a 0skill perk) easy to distinguish in the barracks. In WoWs there is a yellow stripe and a notification telling you a certain commander has special perks/skills. We could use a similar feature in WoT as well.

There were so many crews with special features that I find myself having trouble telling the special ones from the plebs. :)

And ... to be honest, a few more features from XVM added to vanilla client would be nice. Like garage clock, spotted/not spotted indicators on teamlists, team HP.

Also tagged with 2019, wishlist, development

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users