• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

Dead_in_30_seconds #21 Posted 07 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5977 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostKiller711, on 05 October 2018 - 07:22 PM, said:

Ay ay ay, it’s a sad day in Killerville. Personal reserves for 2 hours saw a pretty significant loss streak. On Wednesday I started the day on 44.5%, today, Friday, I was on 44.3% which is pretty annoying. VKs WR gone from 51 to 48, and KV1 struggling to break 50. On the interesting side of things, I was in a game with 4 platoons on each team, an in game platoon made that 5, which is the most I’ve ever seen. That was about the pinnacle of excitement.

More cynical men than us would surely note that Personal Reserves usage almost always result in horrendous losing runs.

Perhaps it's the age old problem of only focusing on 2 hours of results when we have a vested interest in that particular time-span, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has an overall experience of PR's happening to coincide with the occasional 'winning' streak.

Babbet_1 #22 Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:29 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Surely it can't be seriously suggested that, added to all the other (legitimate) complexities of the MM algorithm, WG would then go out of their way to ensure that players with pr's activated are dished up with a losing streak! What possible purpose would that serve? 

I know that conspiracy theories abound in WoT, but that really beggars belief!

If it can really be shown that losing streaks are more prevalent when running with pr's, I would suggest that is far more likely to be due to a subtle sub-conscious change in the players attitude to the game (try-hard factor etc), or as a result of using reserves to grind tanks with less than efficient crews or stock modules, etc. 

Dead_in_30_seconds #23 Posted 07 October 2018 - 02:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5977 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBabbet_1, on 07 October 2018 - 01:29 PM, said:

Surely it can't be seriously suggested that, added to all the other (legitimate) complexities of the MM algorithm, WG would then go out of their way to ensure that players with pr's activated are dished up with a losing streak! What possible purpose would that serve? 

I know that conspiracy theories abound in WoT, but that really beggars belief!

If it can really be shown that losing streaks are more prevalent when running with pr's, I would suggest that is far more likely to be due to a subtle sub-conscious change in the players attitude to the game (try-hard factor etc), or as a result of using reserves to grind tanks with less than efficient crews or stock modules, etc. 

Hence the request for feedback regarding players experience when utilising PR's.

By the way, banned for reckless use of font sizing.

Or am I thinking of some other thread?

Killer711 #24 Posted 07 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Looks like RNG is balancing itself out. Lovely wins today which cheered me up. By balancing itself out I mean that the previously wonderful WR on the VK is balancing out with cr*p, and she is now on 46% :( . In fact, I basically won with everything but the VK, KV1 taking her mantle as it is now on 52%, Cromwell is rising at 49% and finally the previously golden Artillerys both couldn't conjure a win. Got a total of 4 shotgun kills (two in one game :trollface:) on too eager light tanks. Two replays of the week for you loyal fans! The 2 of you :teethhappy:.

Awesome team work here with both the IS2 and then the T something or other. No great performance on my part but together we managed to plunge the game from what could have been a defeat. Few mistakes, looking back, I accidentally ignored him in chat later haha.

http://wotreplays.eu...ler711-cromwell

And finally fun in the derp gun!

http://wotreplays.eu...killer711-kv-1 

Killer711 #25 Posted 07 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDead_in_30_seconds, on 07 October 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

More cynical men than us would surely note that Personal Reserves usage almost always result in horrendous losing runs.

Perhaps it's the age old problem of only focusing on 2 hours of results when we have a vested interest in that particular time-span, but I'd be interested to know if anyone has an overall experience of PR's happening to coincide with the occasional 'winning' streak.

I'm writing this reply on my iPad in the middle of an artillery game on himmelsdorf since nothing much is happening.

Hmmm... Yesterday and the day before that I had 2 hour reserves on, both days I did terribly.. I guess you could say that so-HOW DID THAT MISS!?  Oh, sorry about that as I was sayi-DONT YOU GO BEHIND THAT ROCK YOU.. Anyway, I did actually get probably one of my best games with reserves on, and x2 of the day so.. who knows?

BR33K1_PAWAH #26 Posted 08 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles
:popcorn:

Killer711 #27 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Is the KV1 the best tier 5? Gotta be. Derp gun equipped, fun guaranteed, win or loss. I feel like a little KV2, blasting away. I’m very happy with him on 52%, as today was a good day. Cromwell hovering 48-50%, great fun.

Went shopping. Some nice deals, so I snagged a Luchs, Stug and the KV1S, although I promised myself I wouldn’t play it until the KV2 is researched. Now I have the problem of crews.. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #28 Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:04 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostKiller711, on 08 October 2018 - 08:51 PM, said:

Is the KV1 the best tier 5? Gotta be. Derp gun equipped, fun guaranteed, win or loss. I feel like a little KV2, blasting away. I’m very happy with him on 52%, as today was a good day. Cromwell hovering 48-50%, great fun.

Went shopping. Some nice deals, so I snagged a Luchs, Stug and the KV1S, although I promised myself I wouldn’t play it until the KV2 is researched. Now I have the problem of crews.. 

Crew issue will resolve itself if you continue to play your usual tanks and build up credits.

After you got several hundred thousands you can invest in 75% skilled crews for those tanks.

Imo, the KV-1 isn't the best tier 5, although probably is the best tier 5 heavy.

Killer711 #29 Posted 08 October 2018 - 10:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 October 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

Crew issue will resolve itself if you continue to play your usual tanks and build up credits.

After you got several hundred thousands you can invest in 75% skilled crews for those tanks.

Imo, the KV-1 isn't the best tier 5, although probably is the best tier 5 heavy.

Yes I guess so, I was going to transfer hetzer crew, but I realised they're barely 75% anyway :ohmy: 

Best heavy most likely, what do you think is the best tier 5? T67 is pretty strong too I guess. Crusader? :trollface:

Babbet_1 #30 Posted 08 October 2018 - 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14971 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

From my noobish experience, for what it's worth:

Crusader was nice as a light, but WG nerfed it to glory when they made it a medium and removed its camo on the move. And once you're spotted, you're dead.

I prefer the KV-1S to the KV-1 - more mobility, for which I am prepared to sacrifice some armour and gun depression. But then, I am coming to the conclusion that slow heavies really aren't for me - I don't have the reactions for brawling, hate slow loading guns, and if I hold back a bit I usually arrive after the action is over. Bought the KV-2 recently, but don't know why I bothered, I really can't get on with it! 

Playing the T67 a lot at the moment - love its mobility, good gun handling (top gun) and sneaky camo. It's rapidly becoming my all-time favourite, although I really enjoyed the M8A1 on the way. For me, turreted TD's seem to be the way to go.  :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #31 Posted 09 October 2018 - 04:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostKiller711, on 08 October 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Yes I guess so, I was going to transfer hetzer crew, but I realised they're barely 75% anyway :ohmy:

Which is exactly why you start a tier 5 with a fresh 75% crew.

Crews from tier 4 tanks barely get enough experience to make a transfer worthwhile.

While going from 5 to 6 typically is worthwhile.

View PostKiller711, on 08 October 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Best heavy most likely, what do you think is the best tier 5? T67 is pretty strong too I guess. Crusader? :trollface:

T67 is probably the best TD, yes.

As for non-derp MTs, I'd say the Strv m/42 is a strong contender due to its high alpha and amazing gun depression.

But then again, my considerations for a good MT at those tiers are different from what most people have.

BR33K1_PAWAH #32 Posted 10 October 2018 - 12:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

Killer711

Looks like you are falling for a typical newb trap by bying and playing too many tanks at low tiers.

Bcs of small credit and exp income on low tiers it will take you ages to lvl up so many crews and to equip all your tonks with equipment they require. You also spend that little amount of credits you have on buying more tanks instead of equpment/consumables.

And by playing with low lvl crews and without proper equipment you will be constantly at a disadvantage against more experienced players who constantly sealclub 4-5 tiers.

Killer711 #33 Posted 10 October 2018 - 04:21 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 10 October 2018 - 11:37 AM, said:

Killer711

Looks like you are falling for a typical newb trap by bying and playing too many tanks at low tiers.

Bcs of small credit and exp income on low tiers it will take you ages to lvl up so many crews and to equip all your tonks with equipment they require. You also spend that little amount of credits you have on buying more tanks instead of equpment/consumables.

And by playing with low lvl crews and without proper equipment you will be constantly at a disadvantage against more experienced players who constantly sealclub 4-5 tiers.

Thanks Breeki, this is great advice, now that I look at it, I am buying too much, (although in my defence, who can resist a discount?) 

I actually only seem to have a vent and a gun rammer, so I'll look into buying more equipment. Actually this leads on to another question I was pondering:

Should I focus on saving my free xp to unstock the Tiger, or use it on unstocking a few lower tier tanks?

Unstocking the Tiger will cost me about 30k free xp, however that Tiger will earn more xp and therefore more free xp. Should I focus on getting in it? 

BR33K1_PAWAH #34 Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View PostKiller711, on 10 October 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Should I focus on saving my free xp to unstock the Tiger, or use it on unstocking a few lower tier tanks?

Unstocking the Tiger will cost me about 30k free xp, however that Tiger will earn more xp and therefore more free xp. Should I focus on getting in it? 

Unstock what you play now the most - enjoy it, earn xp - unstock the next thing.

Free xp is earned at a rate of 1/20 off xp you get btw. Dont count on it too much.

Killer711 #35 Posted 10 October 2018 - 08:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 10 October 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Unstock what you play now the most - enjoy it, earn xp - unstock the next thing.

Free xp is earned at a rate of 1/20 off xp you get btw. Dont count on it too much.

What I play the most is already upgraded, I’m wondering about whether I should spend a lot on the Tiger or less on others.

Killer711 #36 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Still having endless fun in the KV1. I think the best thing in the whole game is one shotting someone. Especially if they recently disappeared off the map. Oh the ability to turn an m3 lee into scrap in a second is amazing. Unfortunately I’m having trouble getting it to stay at 50%. I’m playing less and less in the VK as I can’t seem to win in it. I actually put some free xp into the StuG since I fancied some tank destroying. Not bad, haven’t got the top gun yet and I feel like I’m missing a couple of shots. 

The most exciting event was something that happened in the Priest, my little arty. First amazing event was a guy carrying with 6 kills turning a 9-13 into a 14-13 to us. We were the last ones and slipped around the side into the cap. 10 seconds left and I get shot, panicking, I pull back. My teammate dies. Now it’s a 1v1 against I think it was a D1 or B1 or something. When I spotted him I was facing the wrong way, but thank god he hesitated as it gave me time to swing around. He was very close to me, peeping in and out of a rock. I took my time as I really don’t trust this tanks gun. Luckily, he pokes a bit far and I shotgun him. Got a rare 1st badge on a tier 3 artillery now :rolleyes:

Ended the day on 44.35%

Edited by Killer711, 12 October 2018 - 07:41 PM.

Killer711 #37 Posted 14 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Nothing much to report except a nice 44.43% and a light tank dropped on my KV1, killing us both haha. 

250swb #38 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:53 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I had bad stats when I first started playing WOT, I'd never played a multi player game before and thought it was simpler than it was. The turning point was going back to basic's after a few thousand battles and having some basic fundamental discovery's, such as sometimes it's worth improving the crew more than rushing to the next the tank, equipment on the tank is important, shell use is important, etc. Attention to detail is everything in WOT, the unicums don't get to where they are by having better reflexes than anybody else, it is the overall knowledge they have and the capacity to use it. I'm never going to be a great player, but the most fun I've had playing WOT was the time spent getting from a 45% player to a 50% player, that felt like a real achievement. So all I'm saying is don't overlook anything, go back through the game from graphic settings, the rules, the crews you train, etc. and look for advantages you've maybe missed, even small things add up over time.

Killer711 #39 Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

The day has come:

Spoiler

Also this is what a noobs garage looks like haha.

The game itself wasn't too significant, so I was a bit surprised. I actually found myself doing some sniping with the derp gun, with some decent damage on the IS2. Ended on 44.54% :)

Nishi_Kinuyo #40 Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10251 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Post250swb, on 15 October 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I had bad stats when I first started playing WOT, I'd never played a multi player game before and thought it was simpler than it was. The turning point was going back to basic's after a few thousand battles and having some basic fundamental discovery's, such as sometimes it's worth improving the crew more than rushing to the next the tank, equipment on the tank is important, shell use is important, etc. Attention to detail is everything in WOT, the unicums don't get to where they are by having better reflexes than anybody else, it is the overall knowledge they have and the capacity to use it. I'm never going to be a great player, but the most fun I've had playing WOT was the time spent getting from a 45% player to a 50% player, that felt like a real achievement. So all I'm saying is don't overlook anything, go back through the game from graphic settings, the rules, the crews you train, etc. and look for advantages you've maybe missed, even small things add up over time.

For the most part, the same here.

The trigger was pretty much having gotten my first tier 7 (Chi-Ri) and doing horribly in it, followed by starting on the Japanese heavies.

Somewhere around that time it just got to me how to angle, where to aim, stuff like that.

Since then, I managed to get a 43% Winrate in my Chi-Ri up to its current 48.68%.

Did take several hundred battles though, and it might be several hundred more before its at 50% or more.

Still, nice that OP found some fun tanks to play that he's winning a lot with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users