• [WJDE] WJDE

Disaster!

XOR42 #42 Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22331 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I commend you for being open.

I see a lot of players blaming the game, the teams, MM, RNG without addressing the real issue - themselves - I don't suffer from this being a bit older and philosophical in nature, seeking the truth. I'll be the first to admit when I've played like a lemon (and it happens a bit too often still!) and my clannies catch me often on discord saying "why the hell did I do that?", which I consider healthy. I bugg*r it up more often than I like, but hey, I try.

I don't consider myself a good or bad player, but I do have a good knowledge of the game and try to use it. Sometimes I fail.

I was never below 50% WR, from game 0, it just kept rising until it got to 58% (now dropped again to 56.7 something) because I had a totally different outlook on the game that is fair rare - I didn't think about rushing tiers, getting money or xp. The main thing I was interested in was playing the tank I was currently focusing well, to above 54% WR if possible. To be able to support my teams rather than hinder them. If I could consistently play it well, I thought, well that's the time I am ready to move on. A lot of my tanks I play past 700-1000 battles in, it's not for everyone but it suits me fine and has taught me to play with good crews, try not to be stock and field the best tank I can afford. It doesn't work for all tanks, because there are just certain classes I don't seem to be able to get to grips with (lights mostly). Maybe it's because I am an "oldie".

TLDR - I don't tank-hop, I keep trying to make them work until I can play them well.

Keep your thread going - I'll keep popping back to see how you are doing

Killer711 #43 Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:54 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostXOR42, on 17 October 2018 - 06:23 PM, said:

I commend you for being open.

I see a lot of players blaming the game, the teams, MM, RNG without addressing the real issue - themselves - I don't suffer from this being a bit older and philosophical in nature, seeking the truth. I'll be the first to admit when I've played like a lemon (and it happens a bit too often still!) and my clannies catch me often on discord saying "why the hell did I do that?", which I consider healthy. I bugg*r it up more often than I like, but hey, I try.

I don't consider myself a good or bad player, but I do have a good knowledge of the game and try to use it. Sometimes I fail.

I was never below 50% WR, from game 0, it just kept rising until it got to 58% (now dropped again to 56.7 something) because I had a totally different outlook on the game that is fair rare - I didn't think about rushing tiers, getting money or xp. The main thing I was interested in was playing the tank I was currently focusing well, to above 54% WR if possible. To be able to support my teams rather than hinder them. If I could consistently play it well, I thought, well that's the time I am ready to move on. A lot of my tanks I play past 700-1000 battles in, it's not for everyone but it suits me fine and has taught me to play with good crews, try not to be stock and field the best tank I can afford. It doesn't work for all tanks, because there are just certain classes I don't seem to be able to get to grips with (lights mostly). Maybe it's because I am an "oldie".

TLDR - I don't tank-hop, I keep trying to make them work until I can play them well.

Keep your thread going - I'll keep popping back to see how you are doing

Thanks Xors. Impressive that you've never been below 50, must be nice haha. I think not rushing up the tiers is important but I'm falling victim to next tier syndrome, I'm always looking at how much more xp I need. I'll see how it pans out, but I'm trying to play a few tanks a lot and really stick with them, I'll see how it goes. I don't understand what my own rush is about..

Killer711 #44 Posted 20 October 2018 - 08:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

My progression through the mid 44% seems to have halted. It amazes me that it's even possible to reach such a WR, so I'd expect the only road is up.. KV2 is on the brink of research, but that will need queue behind the Tiger free xp wise after I've unlocked it. I gave the Halloween event a go, not too bad, a bit of fun and a nice change. Doesn't keep me away from regular matches for too long now. 

Also 2300 games! :izmena:

Edited by Killer711, 20 October 2018 - 08:33 AM.

Killer711 #45 Posted 21 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Right, I don't think I'm playing anything other than the KV1 ever again. It was on 54%, on 53 now (obviously that can and certainly will drop) but it's been like that for a few games and I just like looking at it now. Believe it or not I'm on 72% MoE progression, and was very excited, until I realised it takes 85% not 75% for two marks.. oh well :P

I can tell I'm doing well in the KV1 as the KV2 is unlocked! All I have left is the T150, so smiles all around there. Also extremely surprisingly I earned enough xp in the Cromwell for comet unlock. I won't be playing it for a very long time though. Speaking of Cromwell I am upset. I don't know how many times I lost in a row, but I went from 48% to 44%, and almost every time I felt like I did decently. I actually had a moment where I felt like I had the potential for a Kolobanovs, but then I woke up and died. She's on 64.2% MoE, so I'm hoping to finish it off soon.

Fed up of the Halloween, but I need that 15k free xp for the Tiger, and I'm half way through the 4K goo needed. 

Also 44.61%. :)

Edited by Killer711, 21 October 2018 - 03:59 PM.

Dead_in_30_seconds #46 Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Killer711. PM me

Killer711 #47 Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I think a miracle has missed some blind man and hit me instead. I know this is frowned upon, but I redeemed an IS6 rental code, thinking: "ah who cares? I can train KV2 and KV1s crew and earn some credits in the process", which was great, as I had some pretty nice bonuses from the Halloween event too. A few games in I realised I must've been blessed. The IS6 is sat in my garage now, almost 30 games in, with an 80% winrate. You heard that right. Obviously I had almost nothing to do with it, i'm a lousy tier 8 driver, but this is a strange phenomenon. I know 30 games isn't too much, and it will fall, but its been staying so high so far, which is a crazy streak. As for the IS6 itself, i'm glad it can't see tier 10s, the penetration is just embarrassing. I couldn't 'do my hitpoints' because I couldn't penetrate anything.. the alpha is lovely but since I was pretty much in only tier 8 games, (with all the other code redeemers..) I was very useless. What really makes it shine is armour, the armour is awesome, the crew is training fast and i'm earning heaps of cash.

So, I left tier 8, platooned with Woody and Mik, played some tier 6 and 7 which also saw wins. I'm starting to like the Black Prince as a matter of fact, once I get it's top gun I reckon it'd be aright. 

Then this happened:

http://wotreplays.eu...cc9269d4f252c50

I got dropped on by a Tiger, Cromwell instincts kicked in and I started circling the Tiger... in a Black Prince

But most importantly: 45.01%  :medal:

Evilier_than_Skeletor #48 Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKiller711, on 22 October 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

I think a miracle has missed some blind man and hit me instead. I know this is frowned upon, but I redeemed an IS6 rental code, thinking: "ah who cares? I can train KV2 and KV1s crew and earn some credits in the process", which was great, as I had some pretty nice bonuses from the Halloween event too. A few games in I realised I must've been blessed. The IS6 is sat in my garage now, almost 30 games in, with an 80% winrate. You heard that right. Obviously I had almost nothing to do with it, i'm a lousy tier 8 driver, but this is a strange phenomenon. I know 30 games isn't too much, and it will fall, but its been staying so high so far, which is a crazy streak. As for the IS6 itself, i'm glad it can't see tier 10s, the penetration is just embarrassing. I couldn't 'do my hitpoints' because I couldn't penetrate anything.. the alpha is lovely but since I was pretty much in only tier 8 games, (with all the other code redeemers..) I was very useless. What really makes it shine is armour, the armour is awesome, the crew is training fast and i'm earning heaps of cash.

Knowing your gun is iffy at best, are you still taking your IS6 to the most obvious heavy spot? That spot where you'll be fighting other heavies frontally. If so, should you be somewhere else?

Killer711 #49 Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 23 October 2018 - 08:11 AM, said:

Knowing your gun is iffy at best, are you still taking your IS6 to the most obvious heavy spot? That spot where you'll be fighting other heavies frontally. If so, should you be somewhere else?

Ah, excellent point skelly. Then that brings the question where should I be? Since flanking opportunities are so rare, the only time I really see a tank is when they're facing me.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #50 Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKiller711, on 23 October 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Ah, excellent point skelly. Then that brings the question where should I be? Since flanking opportunities are so rare, the only time I really see a tank is when they're facing me.

Depends :)

I'd like to do a little demonstration/experiment that could be eye opening. It includes hijacking your thread for a few posts and you looking at a screenshot of the game and answering three questions about it. Are you in?

Nishi_Kinuyo #51 Posted 23 October 2018 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10228 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostKiller711, on 23 October 2018 - 02:13 PM, said:

Hm... the IS-6 is, unfortunately, not fast enough to be used as a heavium, I think.

Not to mention that most hightier mediums are fairly quick, so moving along with the slower mediums might not always be an option either.

What is, an option, however; is trying to support the heavy flank a bit further back and trying to track enemies that you're unable to penetrate.

That way you'll hopefully get at least the assistance points for them.

Players with more IS-6 experience than me are free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Never have had, never will have an IS-6 in my garage, so this is purely based on the stats on paper.

Killer711 #52 Posted 23 October 2018 - 06:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 23 October 2018 - 01:49 PM, said:

Depends :)

I'd like to do a little demonstration/experiment that could be eye opening. It includes hijacking your thread for a few posts and you looking at a screenshot of the game and answering three questions about it. Are you in?

You bet I'm in skells!

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 23 October 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hm... the IS-6 is, unfortunately, not fast enough to be used as a heavium, I think.

Not to mention that most hightier mediums are fairly quick, so moving along with the slower mediums might not always be an option either.

What is, an option, however; is trying to support the heavy flank a bit further back and trying to track enemies that you're unable to penetrate.

That way you'll hopefully get at least the assistance points for them.

Players with more IS-6 experience than me are free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Never have had, never will have an IS-6 in my garage, so this is purely based on the stats on paper.

I have been being a bit cheeky and going for tanks sides, and when provided with rare flanking opportunities I do take them, even if I take a shot or two, but only with support. The idea about tracking sounds good though, in fact I have a mission for assistance damage.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #53 Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostKiller711, on 23 October 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

You bet I'm in skells!

Great! Here goes:

You clicked battle in your 112 heavy (similar to IS6 with also an inaccurate weak pen gun) to find this:

Question 1: What do you see?

Question 2: What options do you have where to go?

Question 3: Where do you go and why?

Killer711 #54 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:13 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 23 October 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Great! Here goes:

You clicked battle in your 112 heavy (similar to IS6 with also an inaccurate weak pen gun) to find this:

Alright, so I've been watching a lot of LemmingRush, so hopefully I've absorbed some of his wisdom.

Looking at the enemy team I see there is a load of tier 9 heavies, the Type 4 and the E75 especially I'll have no chance against, and since the heavies are most certainly gonna go slug it out in the town, I'd need to be very careful if I go there.

The thing about having a fairly quick heavy is that I tend to rush off, get too stuck in, and die by myself, as all the other tanks turn up later.  

We could try the bridge area, as it seems like there are only 2? Mediums, but then I'm worried I'd make the classic mistake of, if we overpower that flank, pushing out too far and getting riddled by holes from the tank destroyers who could potentially be camping there, same goes for town.

Ive always wanted to see what could be done at B-C 4-5, that little square of buildings, or the ridge lines near it. Perhaps when I'm next on this map I'll go there, see what happens. Because I feel like from there, we can flank the heavies in town.

Hmm, now I'm indecisive.

You know, I think I'd go to the bridge area, use my strong turret for some peeking, since either way the town doesn't seem like a great position to hold, compared to the rest of the map.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #55 Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21678 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I compare how many and what kind of heavies are in play. They seem to have more heavy metal and will probably win the city. There isn't anything special about this match, such as half the team being TDs or three arties a side that should affect my play.

I could go city, where I would need to tag along with a high tier heavy and peek when enemy tank has shot, or try to do most devious maneuvers between the buildings. And fire a lot of HEAT.

I could go to the buildings around C5. If we get aggressive scouting, it might be possible to get a shot or two from the hill on the way, but definitely won't stay there.

I could go to railway tracks area around H9.

I could go to K0 for some side shots.

Railway area around H9. I'd really like to push it fast, but that depends on how much company I get. As mentioned, I think we'll lose the city, so clearing the other flank fast would be great. Hopefully also getting their arty and a TD or two in the process. I expect to run into their Emil, T34 and Cent there. Maybe also Progetto and one of the T-10s. If I cross the water, there is no coming back and won't do that if there aren't enough tanks on that flank or if they are staying back. If things get hairy, I'll fall back the way to C0.

Now the only thing missing from making this little experiment super scientific is the view of a good player :)

SiliconSidewinder #56 Posted 24 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

General

• Player
  • 29297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKiller711, on 24 October 2018 - 09:13 AM, said:

Alright, so I've been watching a lot of LemmingRush, so hopefully I've absorbed some of his wisdom.

Looking at the enemy team I see there is a load of tier 9 heavies, the Type 4 and the E75 especially I'll have no chance against, and since the heavies are most certainly gonna go slug it out in the town, I'd need to be very careful if I go there.

The thing about having a fairly quick heavy is that I tend to rush off, get too stuck in, and die by myself, as all the other tanks turn up later.  

We could try the bridge area, as it seems like there are only 2? Mediums, but then I'm worried I'd make the classic mistake of, if we overpower that flank, pushing out too far and getting riddled by holes from the tank destroyers who could potentially be camping there, same goes for town.

Ive always wanted to see what could be done at B-C 4-5, that little square of buildings, or the ridge lines near it. Perhaps when I'm next on this map I'll go there, see what happens. Because I feel like from there, we can flank the heavies in town.

Hmm, now I'm indecisive.

You know, I think I'd go to the bridge area, use my strong turret for some peeking, since either way the town doesn't seem like a great position to hold, compared to the rest of the map.

funfact many of the old prems were slow exactly to avoid the first to the front, first to die problem.

as for my thoughts on skelletors suggested riddle.

from the little I know about these tanks:

1:

the south is a push line that favours tanks with gun depression and I see several enemy tanks that will definetly do a lot better there than me.

so I'd be definetly on the defense there.

there is little artillery support to be had so I won't do good as a defensive spotter there either.

so I wouldn't go south.

2: 

the city?  there is a lot of heavies on the enemy team so there would be fighting oportunity there and the terrain allows for offensive and defensive flanking.

What I wouldn't want though is meet the enemy head on.

So I'd propably go into a support position along C 3-6 or go submarine and move unspoted into the B 4-5 area of the city.

wait for the main fighting to errupt there and then move in to flank the weakend and engaged enemies.

but in truth it depends a lot on what the others are doing and which options I see.

for example there is only 1 light on the enemy team and assuming I'd be pretty sure where he is, I might just rush along the lake to put preassure on him and get the enemy tds spotted...

Killer711 #57 Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Halloween event done, dusted, xp collected, will come in handy, as now I have enough for tracks and turret on Tiger. Commander stubbornly sat on 90 on sixth sense, so I may use some free xp at some point. Good news with the IS6, it’s doing it’s job perfectly as it’s  just managed to get a 75% crew to 100%, with the help of a 15k mission completed. Also HT15 was completed on the Black Prince, first game with the top gun, I had to do 3 or 4k combined, which the armour did the most of. Amazingly the BP is on 51%, KV1 on 52, Cromwell rising to 47% and VK dropped to 47% again. Dang. 

The most beautiful thing to meet in a KV1 with derp is an M3 lee or grant. They think they can damage me. They are so wrong. 320 hitpoints you say? Funny, that’s just about my alpha. Prepare to get one shotted. Stress relief guaranteed. 

First game in the Luchs, felt like a heavy being stock. I didn’t realise I already had an engine and gun researched, so I was stuck trundling around at 30kmph with a tier 1 gun:ohmy: luckily the team won for that early x4 bonus.

45.11%

Edited by Killer711, 24 October 2018 - 06:02 PM.

Killer711 #58 Posted 25 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3008 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hey, hey! First game of the day, ace tanker badge! (If you don't include that one where my computer crashed and I missed a whole game :angry:)  Then I noticed I had 79% MoE on it, so wish me luck on that second mark!

I'm very surprised the IS6 still has a unicum winrate, but not unicum stats at all.. It's still a great crew trainer though. I'm pulling off more damage, but still a very frustrating gun. My strategy is to shoot the millions of Skorpion Gs everyone has.

I joined the werewolves :izmena: Did my 20 battles and added another Garage Slot to my collection. Nice personal reserves too. 

45.1% 

I think we all need to take a moment to appreciate I am no longer a 43% player. I hated that. It's hard to believe 43 was even possible! I remember I used to say I'd be so happy if I was even 45, so, that's nice.

Edited by Killer711, 25 October 2018 - 05:34 PM.

SiliconSidewinder #59 Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 29297 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
increasing your winratio by 2 % is quiet the feat. :medal:

xx984 #60 Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:58 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 66588 battles
  • [HOOT] HOOT

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 23 October 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

Great! Here goes:

1; What do i see? Lets start with the amount of heavy tanks, There are alot of heavies in that game, especially tier 9 heavies. Tank the 112 will struggle to pen like the 705, E75 and type 4 are all likely to go town. So more often then not all going town will do is give the enemy top tier heavies a 1.5k HP pinata to farm. If your team had similar heavies to them then you could join them in town, but tanks like a 50TP, AMX 50 120, and T-10 are all likely to go bridge as they are better in that area of the map. And while they may have good hull down heavies, the 112 can overmatch t34 turret roof and Emil will struggle to pen a 112 frontally. Also. Only 3 TD's, so it will be much easier to push the bridge side, as probably one or two of those TD's the E2/3 hill anyway. Enemies also have 2 mediums only, and no high tier ones which will make bridge easy to push, Lastly, 1 artillery, If there are 3 arty, or sometimes two big ones. it is NOT worth going bridge in a tank like the 112, But with only one tier 8 arty its playable, especially if you can push down straight away.

2; I sorta answered this in the previous by accident, But the only effective option i see is bridge, Either push down straight away into the middle bit (H8/9) or if they push that first, stay back at C0 hull down (Yes the 112 has little gun dep but there are certain spots there where 4/5 is enough. still awkward but it can be done) and wait until either they try to push and let allies camping B0 support and snipe people, or try to counter push with allies, But when doing that always let the allies go first, as alot of the times its happened to me where it looks like a team mate will push so i go in to try and help, i get killed and look back to find him running away. 

For the reasons i said in Q1; town is not really a viable option in this scenario, It is possible to go there and still do well but more often then not it wont work out.

3; Similar question to 2 and i feel i answered it there :) 

Hope this helped, if you have any more questions feel free to ask :) 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users