• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #21 Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 25 September 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

What oil Nooby??? Lend-Lease oil is for russian tanks. Last time i checked, the Skorpion was a fascist!

Are you serious with these threads you make? Believe me i don't really care, you can make a new one every 10 seconds if that makes you happy. But if you really want to get better at this game, you should give it a little bit of effort.

Start with the maps buddy, baby steps. Use this thread or create a new one if you want, where should i go with the big G?

And no, I've seen worse!

Well now there you have touched on something, other players, good players, (players I should add who would not be seen dead in forums) have told me I should leave the forums well alone, maybe I should listen to them, as it is, I come on here if I am eating breakfast, or a meal or in between doing other daily chores something other than playing the game, in any day my time on the forums never lasts more than an hour if that, but yes I will heed your good advice dude and be quiet.......................................................

Lol if only that was possible, show me a forum and I will get on it, right little forum monkey I am, right off to play some games see you:D

Procjon #22 Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 57995 battles

To fix your problem ---->

----> Less forum more playing ;)

HF

NoobySkooby #23 Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:39 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostTheBoss34, on 25 September 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

You are telling me you never used a bot program and with all your skill and time THAT are the best stats you could get? 

You tell me where to acquire this bot program and I will look into it, although it seems WG are introducing bots anytime soon

Desyatnik_Pansy #24 Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:51 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17936 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I can't really say from the games we played since it's too small of a sample and I wasn't really paying too much attention to what you or Balders were doing (especially since I'm not sure if I ever died before either of you two), but I imagine you suffer a significant problem of being either too passive or too aggressive with no real middle ground between the two. This is really bad for paper tanks, especially something like the Skorp G Since you're tall, paper and not nearly as well camouflaged as a bunch of the other stuff at Tier VIII (not to mention a TD, so lower health than a Medium or Heavy), meaning one error can basically have you instantly nuked.

I'm reminded of the moment in the ELC EVEN 90 On that Steppes game that you chose to try to shoot the miniturret on a Tortoise 100-150m or so from you, something along the lines of "I just thought I'd give it a try". Making a call like that could seriously punish you, as we saw in that game with the Tortoise shooting you and then the T49 Rushing and derping you and I can certainly imagine being punished for similar in the Skorp G Since you have nowhere near the camo of an ELC EVEN.

I don't even remember if you played the Skorp G, I think you did in the last game we had on Glacier which didn't actually go that badly for you, but man I really should've saved those replays. :D

Pansenmann #25 Posted 25 September 2018 - 09:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35980 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I don't have a skoprion,

but I kept the Ferdinand and Borsig...

just keep playing and you will get better.

Bordhaw #26 Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14499 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 25 September 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

or do you carry on regardless in the hope of getting better?

Captain_Kremen0 #27 Posted 25 September 2018 - 10:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38956 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

Nooby - do not sell it but leave tier 8 alone for awhile. Ive got 36k games and I rarely play tier 8 because I just dont compete there (apart from the VK ..P which is an anomoly)

Anomoly....makes me want to go into the zone.

NoobySkooby #28 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 25 September 2018 - 10:48 PM, said:

Nooby - do not sell it but leave tier 8 alone for awhile. Ive got 36k games and I rarely play tier 8 because I just dont compete there (apart from the VK ..P which is an anomoly)

Anomoly....makes me want to go into the zone.

Is tier 6 and 7 ok then?

Just having a break, by the way:D

Enforcer1975 #29 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 21568 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

Is tier 6 and 7 ok then?

Just having a break, by the way:D

Just wait until i'm back from my 5 week rehab then i'll show you how to noob like a pro....literally. 

I'm back online on the 3rd...if i can be bothered to start the game that is...currently running some rather relaxing SP games on my niece's laptop atm when i'm done with my daily treatments. 

NoobySkooby #30 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [S052] S052

View PostEnforcer1975, on 26 September 2018 - 06:41 AM, said:

Just wait until i'm back from my 5 week rehab then i'll show you how to noob like a pro....literally. 

I'm back online on the 3rd...if i can be bothered to start the game that is...currently running some rather relaxing SP games on my niece's laptop atm when i'm done with my daily treatments. 

Lol, I am beginning to suspect that no one in the TDU WJDE clans more commonly known as the Dinger are noobs,I simply do not believe it any more.

Anyway I had better go before some screams at me for being on the forums:D

Emerald_322 #31 Posted 26 September 2018 - 10:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14208 battles
  • [-322-] -322-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2018 - 12:07 PM, said:

Lol, I am beginning to suspect that no one in the TDU WJDE clans more commonly known as the Dinger are noobs,I simply do not believe it any more.

Anyway I had better go before some screams at me for being on the forums:D

It took me 1k games to 3mark leopard 1, just because i decided i wanted to 3mark it. one day it simply ''clicks'' on you and you begin having monstrous games, carry on !

XxKuzkina_MatxX #32 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:37 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53231 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 25 September 2018 - 10:38 PM, said:

Well now there you have touched on something, other players, good players, (players I should add who would not be seen dead in forums) have told me I should leave the forums well alone, maybe I should listen to them, as it is, I come on here if I am eating breakfast, or a meal or in between doing other daily chores something other than playing the game, in any day my time on the forums never lasts more than an hour if that, but yes I will heed your good advice dude and be quiet.......................................................

Lol if only that was possible, show me a forum and I will get on it, right little forum monkey I am, right off to play some games see you:D

iztok #33 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:51 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35215 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

Is tier 6 and 7 ok then?

Not really for playing SkorpG. You'll learn a lot at tier-6, but half of it will be wasted when playing tier-8, where meta changes drastically.

My advice for playing SkorpG would be stay at 2nd-3rd front line most of the time, expect to be spotted every time you fire, so always hide behind hard cover when you fire. If you don't have that, seriously consider not firing, at least in early game when lots of guns can fire at you. Advance ONLY when you see that number of guns severely reduced, and even then let others lead, and you just support them.

BR,  Iztok

UrQuan #34 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

If you enjoy a tank but do badly in it, do carry on, on the condition that you do your best to analyze your matches in it. Doesn't have to be in detail, but if you got a good match, why did it work, did you had a good position, was there a teammate that held a spot, so you could shoot at well? If things went bad, why was it? Lack of patience? (a killer this one in the skorpion), reacted too late/soon? Nobody held enemies at bay? (Skorp is a good tank, but it really gets very powerful if someone takes the beatings for it, so it can fire with less regard to getting shot at)

As said don't over-analyze but do learn from your mistakes & successes & you'll improve over time. And it's amazing when you do good in a tank you enjoy, it makes you want to play it even more, making you learn it's special tricks & treats all the faster & in the case of the Skorpion, rack in even more credits & crew XP faster.

I was similar with the KV-4 as new player. I was bad in it, yet really enjoyed it, so I tried to get better in it, looked up on how armor works, how to best use the KV-4 etc & then employ stuff like that in my play & over time learned what worked & what not & why that was. As I grew in it, I started to adopt more complex things into my play, sometimes it worked, sometimes not, but every day was a new learning opportunity.

I would advice the same to you if you really enjoy the skorpion, it's a TD with big alpha that can relocate well, so can see the fun of playing one for many. Check how good players play it, see what you can use for your own playstyle & learn from it.

Do see what kind of splaystyle works for you. Some folks play it more like a classic relocating TD, supporting the flank that needs them most. Others play it more like a paper-armored medium tank, seeding terror on the battlefield.

Also a fun notion regarding platoons, diverse toons tend to play better, as they can reinforce each other's strength & minimize their weaknesses. To say it in MMO terms, a full DPS party is gonna get in trouble the moment damage isn't enough. While that platoon that had a DPS, tank & scout is armed for much more situations in a random environment like the random battles of WoT.

Edited by UrQuan, 26 September 2018 - 12:23 PM.

eldrak #35 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50769 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

http://wotreplays.eu...e/4522392#stats

You don't hit your shots. Spend some more time aiming to make the shots you take count. It's not only for this replay, I checked all 9 you're in on wotreplays and you miss a lot.

You fire HE only. Use AP, you have good pen on the SkorpG gun and will do more damage. It's also easier to hit as the shells go faster. 

NoobySkooby #36 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [S052] S052

View Posteldrak, on 26 September 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

You don't hit your shots. Spend some more time aiming to make the shots you take count. It's not only for this replay, I checked all 9 you're in on wotreplays and you miss a lot.

You fire HE only. Use AP, you have good pen on the SkorpG gun and will do more damage. It's also easier to hit as the shells go faster. 

I do use AP now, still have some APCR, and a couple of HE though, and yes shots miss, if I hit every shot, I would be a unicom, chances of that is like me singing like Elvis:D

Right off out to do some gardening, need a break from this hell hole, lol

Edited by NoobySkooby, 26 September 2018 - 12:50 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #37 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:53 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 17936 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Posteldrak, on 26 September 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

Thanks for posting that, I wouldn't have probably searched it up myself unless I got particularly bored. The rest of this post is directed towards Nooby now rather than yourself.

As eldrak mentioned, you fired only HE In that replay, even though you have AP On the tank your loadout suggests you main HE. This is really odd, and I mean like, really odd. This isn't some 15cm derp gun like the Japanese heavies, this is a 12.8cm AT Gun, it's strength lies in it's AP/APCR Ammunition with high pen and great damage. HE Does more damage (630 vs. 490), but will rarely pen at all with 65mm pen vs. 246/311 for AP/APCR Respectively. At most, you should use it for three things:

-paper targets such as another Skorp G or Borsig. Note that you shouldn't IMO Switch to HE If you see one right in front of you when you have AP Loaded or anything, but if you know you're going to run into one or something like that it may be an idea. Honestly if they're low enough health just use AP/APCR So it guarantees the kill pretty much

-low health tanks, and I mean someone on like 100hp. Aim for the weakest part possible and splash it with HE, a good way to finish off people especially when they might be expecting a bounce or something. 

-hulldown tanks like the Conqueror, but only if any other options aren't really available. A 12.8cm should be enough to still do some damage, but it's not really meant for anything more than making surprising the guy and making him back off

That's all regarding your ammunition layout. Let's move onto another thing, your aim. IMO, aiming is one of my weakest points too and I know some other folks (i.e leggasiini of the top of my head) who feel similar. Aiming is something which you can get away with being not so great as, as long as you can generally hit someone, since positioning and whatnot is generally more important. The problem of course for you Nooby is the bold part. I first want to talk about aiming towards positions rather than specifically aiming at an enemy vehicle. I cannot understand why at the start of the replay you first aim towards E0, while being positioned in A6. The position is just on the edge of your render range and you certainly won't be shooting at any enemies. You then aim briefly out of the map boundaries behind you, before deciding to move from your bush, which gets you spotted by the cresting Conqueror and shot. We'll get back to this guy in a minute, but the other immediate part I want to comment on regarding  The other shot I want to talk about regarding positioning (and it actually goes a bit back to your ammo loadout) is the one at the Progetto at 12:08. Firstly, you have absolutely no line of sight on the guy (in fact, I'm fairly sure he's completely safe from you behind a building) and secondly, you're firing HE. HE/HEAT(?) Will hit and detonate on soft destructible cover like those brick walls while AP/APCR Will pass through. It isn't actually a shot that's bad for you; you're not spotted or engaged by anyone and there's no real immediate risk of that happening, so you're not going to get punished for it but it still leaves me just like.. why?

Now we move onto aiming at enemies, or perhaps, not so much at them as "around them". I really can't understand why you took those two shots at the top of the hill when neither the Conq/S Conq weren't even really poking in a way that you could shoot. The Conq especially confused me since, after shooting you at the start, you tried to return fire against what would've been only his gun (yet you actually appeared to try to aim towards his full turret, which was behind the hill), then you parked in the open field briefly to re-aim at him, which just made no sense especially since there was arty in the game and Skorpions are always a juicy tank to shoot at (even if he poked and you traded, he would do roughly 400 While you might be lucky to do 50-100 With your HE; not a good trade). Then there's of course the Progetto shot above where you don't even have line of sight on the guy at all yet you do it.

Regarding shooting other vehicles throughout the game that you do hit, I'm still a bit confused. You aimed initially for the little rangefinder/whatever on the Obj. 268 From like what, 400m away, not to mention you didn't actually compensate at all for the guy retreating, so your shot completely whiffs. Even the shot on the LTTB Could've been a bit more on-target. There's nothing really wrong with either the Charioteer or the next 268 Shot, though again you should have had AP Loaded and then aim it where you might pen to have actually destroyed the 268 Rather than letting him get away because you used HE. Then there's two more shots in the game, the E-50 and the Lorraine arty. Can we talk about the E-50 Shot?

Spoiler

This is from the free cam to see it in first-person, as you aim at him in third-person. You have ABSOLUTELY no shot at the guy. Yet.. you take this shot, pardon? This is something which annoys me with my friend Chaos, third-person aiming can be pretty misleading, though this shot isn't really that as even then you should be able to see that you're clearly not aimed at the guy. This is actually particularly odd since just a short while ago you were driving around in sniper aim, yet appear to have forgot it existed here briefly. Otherwise there's the Lorraine arty shot, which isn't at all bad and just whiffs sadly underneath him. The only thing to say on that is the time it takes for you to really "find" the shot; it's not that long, but still, it's always preferable to be quick as possible to align yourself with the enemy tank. If it helps as this is a problem I sometimes have myself, use Autoaim to snap your gun to the enemy tank, then deselect it to better aim the shot appropriately (though against arty, you could've just autoaimed).

The only other thing to comment on is your positioning, but we can only really comment about the initial positioning. It's not utterly terrible to my understanding, but it's still not great since it only has shots at the guys cresting and if someone were to aggressively push the village. I prefer the bushes further up personally when playing my TDs like the T-34-2G and T28 (don't sit in them, sit behind them too), though it can be a tad more risky depending. Otherwise you relocated to where your Obj. 268 (or was it the 704? I think it was the 268, I've closed the replay now) is and that's not at all really bad. Still, depending you could've moved to about E6 Instead to shoot people in the south, though as I've closed the replay and didn't otherwise pay much attention to what was happening elsewhere I'm not sure if they'd already won that or not. From there you can even shoot the Conq/S Conq if they crest really close to your side, but it also risks getting yourself spotted too so choose your shots wisely.

Hope some of that might be useful to ya. In short:

-don't use HE So much

-don't fire so much especially at targets you clearly have no shots on, or have no hopes of penetrating/damaging especially if you're going to risk return fire in doing it

-your aim is a bit aloof and could use some improving. Namely I recommend using Autoaim to snap to the centre of an enemy vehicle, not for every situation, but something like the Lorraine at the end it could've been useful for

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 26 September 2018 - 06:56 PM.

NoobySkooby #38 Posted 26 September 2018 - 08:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16248 battles
  • [S052] S052

Thank you for all of your advice guys, confusing as it is for my tiny little mind to figure out.

Not sure whether to stay away from tier 8's 

Stay away from TD's 

Stay off the forums (give you guys some breathing space, lol)

Uninstall completely (bad news for my clan as they made me recruitment officer, oh they hilarity in that one, apparently I have a nice way with people)

Sell everything (a whole thread in the making there, so beware lol)

Desynatnik you are absolutely correct two of my main bad habits is panic shooting, by the time I have fully aimed, I am either dead or they have disappeared again,shooting randomly IS a bad habit that I have been trying to work on a lot, also driving in sniper mode, very bad habits that I DO have to overcome.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 26 September 2018 - 08:56 PM.

catatpillar #39 Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22359 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 25 September 2018 - 09:17 AM, said:

or do you carry on regardless in the hope of getting better?

Skorpion G, I like it.....

It just don't like me, even if I platoon with people in a full Skorpion toon, I can barely make this tank work, and I just so really want to, but 460 battle later, I am struggling, yet I am reluctant to sell this thing off,especially as I am about t get my third crew skill in it.

Is this thread only for Skorpion G tank?

Why would you praise a tank that cannot carry as top tier? People in forum keep telling me how good skorpion is, but one or two faster tier 6 can laugh at you.

Yes it has advantages, you can play it with binocs and camo net + rammer only (means that the tank is cheap and moneymaker), but your camo will be still worse than any other TD possible.... And you are dead meat once spotted.

Extremely rarely i can see a Skorpion carry, and mostly noobs prefer them.

Edited by catatpillar, 26 September 2018 - 09:03 PM.

BravelyRanAway #40 Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24210 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 September 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Stay off the forums (give you guys some breathing space, lol)

Uninstall completely (bad news for my clan as they made me recruitment officer, oh they hilarity in that one, apparently I have a nice way with people)

Stay on the forum, you've had a lot of flack throw at you and yet you handled yourself very well considering some comments.:honoring:

Play the game, don't be too concerned but do take some of the advice....and yes. you do appear to have a nice way with people.:)

Also tagged with Skorpion G

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users