[Suggestion] Limit artillery to 1 per team

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Eddlicious #1 Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16187 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

Artillery's still in a crappy spot where it's not fun to play against. You can no longer get one-shot by artillery (exceptions are if you get hit by one when driving a light tank), but now they can stun you and fire shots out faster which to a lot of people has been as tedious as being one-shot was. There's not going to be another change made to artillery for a while based on what developers have been the most keen to discuss during Q&A sessions held by community news outlets like Tracks Up and Daily Bounce.

For the time being I think it would be worth a try to limit artillery to 1 per match. When you start having more than one artillery in a match you start having artillery focus fire people, because once one SPG has immobilized a tank the other one or two will follow suit for easy damage. That's not fun, because more than one artillery practically make the person under fire unable to play the game, dealing out retarded amounts of punishment from the back of the map.

If there were only one artillery per team as a matchmaking rule, this wouldn't be as big of a problem for now. Being hit by artillery would still suck, because it's a target that can hit you around corners with splash damage, stun you for +20 seconds at worst and deal significant damage (mostly module nowadays, but losing 3 crew in one hit's not fun), but at least then a player would have a fighting chance to get out of harm's way before the artillery has reloaded - not get roflstomped by two consecutive shots that he can't return to sender.

Thanks for reading and please let everyone know what you think by replying to the thread.

mpf1959 #2 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24155 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I agree on the limit, and suggest this in the suggestions thread now and then, and have even raised a ticket directly to WG twice in the past. I firmly believe that 1 per team per game would go a long way to diffusing the hysteria that surrounds arty in the game. As an arty player I can tolerate 2 per team, but hate 3 per team, the competition for targets is tiresome.

Eddlicious #3 Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16187 battles
  • [_NFTG] _NFTG

View Postmpf1959, on 27 September 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

I agree on the limit, and suggest this in the suggestions thread now and then, and have even raised a ticket directly to WG twice in the past. I firmly believe that 1 per team per game would go a long way to diffusing the hysteria that surrounds arty in the game. As an arty player I can tolerate 2 per team, but hate 3 per team, the competition for targets is tiresome.

I always wondered if that's why artillery focuses targets so effortlessly in random battles, that they're competing for easy damage and kills. I guess this is some proof to support that argument.

Wayneable #4 Posted 28 September 2018 - 04:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 44212 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
You can thank WG for all the arty in the game at the moment, Due to the new personal missions. So I think you can guess what the chances are that they will do something like this are.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:19 AM

General

• Player
  • 54706 battles

Used to be 2 medals for killing arty Dimitrus for killing 4 and pasuccis for killing 3 now you get them for 3 and 2 respectively Guess if this change goes through I get both medals for killing one.

Honestly do not see the problem people have with arty because it does not go after you every game, with me pre stun it was about 3% of games now I am playing a lot more tier 9 and 10 tanks and the splash radius is bigger its 6%.

So that's 94% of games where they do nothing to me, my tank that's gets hit the most and probably accounts for the rate being 6% is the Type 5 Heavy.

Superheavy spal liner large med and repair kits = almost no never get a crew casualty, very few modules knocked out much shorter stun duration and quite often zero damage.

Not that it matters because I doubt there will be further changes to arty as its a team problem arty + bad team means they do little arty + good team means they can be very powerful.

Its the failure of one team to spot successfully while letting the enemy team do so that causes the problems.

Yes its true that more arty per team is bad for the arty player as soon as a target is spotted its a race to get that tank, do you risk an early shot or wait for the sights to close and perhaps lose to some other arty.

They are may target effortlessly but even given a target that remains spotted and stationary long enough for you to aim fully you might still miss.

Most arty aiming circles are an elipse its still possible to over or under shoot the target and just splash. iuf you fire before you are fully aimed you can easily miss most shots.

This should really be on the official arty thread

Edited by Gremlin182, 28 September 2018 - 07:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users