Jump to content


should I get the top engine of type 61?

Type 61 grinding engine

  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

antwerp_fighter #1 Posted 26 September 2018 - 11:34 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50362 battles
  • 266
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

Hi guys,

 

I am grinding type 61, and planning to get STB-1 later, but not sure should I get type 61`s top engine or just ignore it to save 27500 exp? stock engine is 570 hp and top engine is 604 hp.

 

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 12.27.19.png

 

And btw, how about STB-1 ( I kinda of like type 61 play style ...)?

I have Leopard 1 / M48 Patton / obj 140...  my performance is Leopard 1 >  Obj 140 > M48 ... for reference.

 

Thanks



kaneloon #2 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:33 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 31033 battles
  • 3,799
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

STB-1 is acceptable if you are a good player (I am not). What kills it somewhat is the 100% full tiers X MM.

So you are kidda stuck to a support role (if they can choose every enemy will choose you as their primary target, arty too).

So more a "stay hidden" directive in the 1rst part, at the end you use your HP as a shield.

Your turret can sometimes bounce, but HE does a lot of damage to it.

 

Type 61 is nice, I still play it sometimes.

Both are very similar, you trade the turret weak spot for a tX MM.



Balc0ra #3 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 73460 battles
  • 20,920
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Small power difference aside. You notice a fairly big difference on hills etc. But if you don't plan on keeping it, and is content with the mobility it has now. Skip it. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:51 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34407 battles
  • 4,055
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013

The top engine has higher module HP so it won't get damaged or knocked out as often.

 

It will give you an extra 1hp per ton (16.29 to 17.26)

 

It will also increase your track traverse speed by 2-3 degrees/sec.

 

Overall it will make your grind less of a grind and turn it into a more enjoyable experience, so definitely go for it. Type 61 is the best tank in its branch tier-for-tier.



KillingJoker #5 Posted 26 September 2018 - 12:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40233 battles
  • 1,783
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

Its always better... do you need it? depends on your priorities. 

 

do you like to play the tank? its a keeper? if so... unlocking all the modules it gives you the plus of increasing the crew skills.. 

 

In my opinion tier IX tanks are very fun to play, they mostly have tier X guns, and they meet tier VII's...so it's like playing tier X in a slightly downgraded vehicle that can meet

3 tier lower tanks, and still be competitive vs tier X's and the best, you can actually play them and make credits, if your not a gold spammer...

 

So take my word for it, if you like the tank, unlock everything, and keep it, because tier IX is probably the most fun tier to play this days.

 

 


Edited by KillingJoker, 26 September 2018 - 12:58 PM.


antwerp_fighter #6 Posted 26 September 2018 - 05:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 50362 battles
  • 266
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    01-29-2015

View Postkaneloon, on 26 September 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

STB-1 is acceptable if you are a good player (I am not). What kills it somewhat is the 100% full tiers X MM.

So you are kidda stuck to a support role (if they can choose every enemy will choose you as their primary target, arty too).

So more a "stay hidden" directive in the 1rst part, at the end you use your HP as a shield.

Your turret can sometimes bounce, but HE does a lot of damage to it.

 

Type 61 is nice, I still play it sometimes.

Both are very similar, you trade the turret weak spot for a tX MM.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 26 September 2018 - 12:46 PM, said:

Small power difference aside. You notice a fairly big difference on hills etc. But if you don't plan on keeping it, and is content with the mobility it has now. Skip it. 

 

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 26 September 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

The top engine has higher module HP so it won't get damaged or knocked out as often.

 

It will give you an extra 1hp per ton (16.29 to 17.26)

 

It will also increase your track traverse speed by 2-3 degrees/sec.

 

Overall it will make your grind less of a grind and turn it into a more enjoyable experience, so definitely go for it. Type 61 is the best tank in its branch tier-for-tier.

 

View PostKillingJoker, on 26 September 2018 - 12:57 PM, said:

Its always better... do you need it? depends on your priorities. 

 

do you like to play the tank? its a keeper? if so... unlocking all the modules it gives you the plus of increasing the crew skills.. 

 

In my opinion tier IX tanks are very fun to play, they mostly have tier X guns, and they meet tier VII's...so it's like playing tier X in a slightly downgraded vehicle that can meet

3 tier lower tanks, and still be competitive vs tier X's and the best, you can actually play them and make credits, if your not a gold spammer...

 

So take my word for it, if you like the tank, unlock everything, and keep it, because tier IX is probably the most fun tier to play this days.

 

 

 

Thanks guys, I think I will skip this top engine, since I am not going to keep this tank, although I enjoy playing it (just like I enjoyed Leo PTA)...

Hope I will get STB-1 soon!

 



fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 59573 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Even though the difference is small, i would get the top engine. Sadly I'm still at the Chi-to :( Would love playing the t9 and t10 :)

Aimless #8 Posted 26 September 2018 - 06:24 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 24122 battles
  • 2,715
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-19-2010
AFAIK the CT server is up and running. How about you install it and check yourself if it's worth? It's not like you have to test your armor there :)

Hammerhead20 #9 Posted 27 September 2018 - 08:52 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29922 battles
  • 2,211
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

You should take that top engine.

 

Maybe you won't notice big difference, but still your tank will get slithly faster acceletation and a bit more mobility.

 

I love my Type 61. And will never sell it.



lnfernaI #10 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:32 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 34500 battles
  • 4,942
  • Member since:
    09-15-2012

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 26 September 2018 - 07:16 PM, said:

Even though the difference is small, i would get the top engine. Sadly I'm still at the Chi-to :( Would love playing the t9 and t10 :)

 

Chi-To is love.

TheDrownedApe #11 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:48 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 49904 battles
  • 6,431
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 26 September 2018 - 05:16 PM, said:

Even though the difference is small, i would get the top engine. Sadly I'm still at the Chi-to :( Would love playing the t9 and t10 :)

 

 I stopped when I finished the STA-1 as I couldn't stomach the thought of playing the Type 61. I'm sure I will pick it up soon but currently there just seems no valid reason to

Hammerhead20 #12 Posted 27 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29922 battles
  • 2,211
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostlnfernaI, on 27 September 2018 - 12:32 PM, said:

 

Chi-To is love.

 

I like mine too.

 

I guess, I will buy back Chi-Ri and STA-1 as well (maybe in the near future?) because I actually enjoyed playing with those.


Edited by Hammerhead20, 27 September 2018 - 10:54 AM.


fwhaatpiraat #13 Posted 27 September 2018 - 04:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 59573 battles
  • 1,941
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
Chi-to ain't bad indeed :)

Bennie182 #14 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 55035 battles
  • 1,799
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

I played it stock on the test server and already like it. Now I play it on the live server also stock and only using the free xp I can miss. so far I enjoy the dpm. The top gun is amazing, even though I already have a lot of tier 9 meds.

 

Anyway, thanks for the tips guys! I could use the feedback as well =)







Also tagged with Type 61, grinding, engine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users