Jump to content


Give the radio guy a freaking job

Music for Radio guy

  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #1 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:31 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    01-15-2019

Give this dead weight layabout radio guy a job, for too long we’ve been bailing out this slacker, his only talent seems to be dying

 

He's living the life of Riley. For too long we’ve put up with this scrounger really needs to get off his arse and get a job.

 

So I propose this, why not have a playlist for each nation of tank that is appropriate to the era,

 

For instance the low tier US branch would have some 1930’s (such as Whispering Grass by the Ink Spots)

 

 

through to the fifties and then higher tiers would have funk, disco, Motown & rock as they were used in the 60’-70,

 

 

The Swedes would have ABBA at high tiers

 

The Germans would have Kraftwerk

 

The British would have to have Led Zepplin

 

 

The Russians would have the Tetris theme (surprisingly appropriate)

 

 

The Czech branch would have Jan Hammer

 

The Polish would have Henryk Debich

 

 

The Italians would have Piero Umiliani

 

 

 

The Chinese Would have Psych Fuzz Wah Wah

 

 

The Japanese would have to have Enka (salary man music)

 

 

 

 

The French would have Chanson

 

 

As an added incentive to heal this previous dead weight, if the radio guy dies the music fades out in a blaze of static.

 

 



Emeraldweed #2 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10479 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012
Although you have a nice taste of music my radiomen and women will only listen to ac/dc

Edited by Emeraldweed, 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM.


Dava_117 #3 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 20624 battles
  • 3,859
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostEdweird, on 28 September 2018 - 10:31 AM, said:

Give this dead weight layabout radio guy a job, for too long we’ve been bailing out this slacker, his only talent seems to be dying

 

He's living the life of Riley. For too long we’ve put up with this scrounger really needs to get off his arse and get a job.

 

So I propose this, why not have a playlist for each nation of tank that is appropriate to the era,

 

For instance the low tier US branch would have some 1930’s (such as Whispering Grass by the Ink Spots)

 

 

through to the fifties and then higher tiers would have funk, disco, Motown & rock as they were used in the 60’-70,

 

 

The Swedes would have ABBA at high tiers

 

The Germans would have Kraftwerk

 

The British would have to have Led Zepplin

 

 

The Russians would have the Tetris theme (surprisingly appropriate)

 

 

The Czech branch would have Jan Hammer

 

The Polish would have Henryk Debich

 

 

The Italians would have Piero Umiliani

 

 

 

The Chinese Would have Psych Fuzz Wah Wah

 

 

The Japanese would have to have Enka (salary man music)

 

 

 

 

The French would have Chanson

 

 

As an added incentive to heal this previous dead weight, if the radio guy dies the music fades out in a blaze of static.

 

 

 

This idea make me smile. :)

 

BTW, tetris theme is a russian song called Korobjèjniki. ;)


Edited by Dava_117, 28 September 2018 - 10:37 AM.


anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #4 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:37 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    01-15-2019
AC/DC is good to and would be appropriate in Australian tanks Such as the Cent 5/1 or the Sentinel 

kaneloon #5 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29221 battles
  • 2,272
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011

Yes those guys are such a burden ... and not speaking of the tanks where we have TWO of them (looking at you T-28E with F-30)

 



anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #6 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    01-15-2019

View Postkaneloon, on 28 September 2018 - 09:40 AM, said:

Yes those guys are such a burden ... and not speaking of the tanks where we have TWO of them (looking at you T-28E with F-30)

 

 

Then there would have to be a sound clash a reggae sound clash even though its a russian tank,

 

09:50 Added after 3 minutes

What I'm really after is an African tank line as I'm into Afro beat at the moment,

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Edweird, 28 September 2018 - 10:47 AM.


MrEdweird #7 Posted 28 September 2018 - 10:56 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20260 battles
  • 370
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

Hello.

I see you've taken my old name.



anonym_VJVVUp5heVv5 #8 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 0 battles
  • 1,055
  • Member since:
    01-15-2019

View PostMrEdweird, on 28 September 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

Hello.

I see you've taken my old name.

 

Wow I thought the same of you?

 

I had no idea, I had a namesake,

 

Whats even more spooky is that emeraldweed has my old avatar I got from CPG designs gun shop in Cambridge.

 

So many spooky coincidences

 

 



MrEdweird #9 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20260 battles
  • 370
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostEdweird, on 28 September 2018 - 10:01 AM, said:

 

Wow I thought the same of you?

 

I had no idea, I had a namesake,

 

Whats even more spooky is that emeraldweed has my old avatar I got from CPG designs gun shop in Cambridge.

 

So many spooky coincidences

 

 

 

Spookier still is that I changed to this about a month before you made your account.

mpf1959 #10 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:05 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18661 battles
  • 970
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017


Fenrisian #11 Posted 28 September 2018 - 11:16 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 10629 battles
  • 34
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-24-2016
Can't wait to roll out in my 7/1 to The Trooper 

Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 28 September 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8070 battles
  • 4,918
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

Except they do have a job; relaying everybody's known positions to your commander. :facepalm:

I'd rather that they not waste time on setting up a playlist.

 

Or would you rather that you only know the positions of tanks (allies and enemies both) that your commander can only spot for himself?

Or would you rather have a nice minimap filled like this?

Oh, and they man the hull machinegun.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 28 September 2018 - 05:37 PM.


Balc0ra #13 Posted 28 September 2018 - 07:36 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 68025 battles
  • 17,639
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
If my Swedish high tiers suddenly started to play Abba. I would kill the radio operator myself before the enemy did. I'm fine with my own radio "Yeah I still use winamp when I play". No need for more. 

gunslingerXXX #14 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 11768 battles
  • 2,411
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
  • Member since:
    11-16-2014
I would like to see the GTA radio station feature!

samuelx43a #15 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:28 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23165 battles
  • 1,030
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2013

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 28 September 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

Except they do have a job; relaying everybody's known positions to your commander. :facepalm:

I'd rather that they not waste time on setting up a playlist.

 

Or would you rather that you only know the positions of tanks (allies and enemies both) that your commander can only spot for himself?

Or would you rather have a nice minimap filled like this?

Oh, and they man the hull machinegun.

 

... that it is sadly just for show. if they could be a use in something.. though they'd do more harm than good. you can just imagine the grief it could cause

Cannes76 #16 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:55 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 69288 battles
  • 1,795
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostEmeraldweed, on 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Although you have a nice taste of music my radiomen and women will only listen to ac/dc

 

View PostEmeraldweed, on 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Although you have a nice taste of music my radiomen and women will only listen to ac/dc

 

View PostEmeraldweed, on 28 September 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

Although you have a nice taste of music my radiomen and women will only listen to ac/dc

 

You wasted a female crew on a radio operator? :ohmy:

Jumping_Turtle #17 Posted 28 September 2018 - 08:58 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 64180 battles
  • 5,573
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 28 September 2018 - 08:12 PM, said:

I would like to see the GTA radio station feature!

 

Those Vice radiostations rocked!



Killer711 #18 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2992 battles
  • 310
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    06-06-2012
True, while the other crew members are dodging death, struggling for breath in hot and sweaty flames of the heavy enemy fire, half blind and shell shocked but still launching shots and navigating the deadly battlefield that is redshire, the radio operator is having a pleasant chat with the Grille in the corner. :trollface:

Emeraldweed #19 Posted 28 September 2018 - 09:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10479 battles
  • 938
  • [-322-] -322-
  • Member since:
    05-14-2012

View PostCannes76, on 28 September 2018 - 10:55 PM, said:

You wasted a female crew on a radio operator? :ohmy:

Ya my french medium crew is full women :P I do plan to change them into commanders when i will move towards new lines but there is a long way to go before   i do that :P 



NickMustaine #20 Posted 29 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 224 battles
  • 241
  • Member since:
    01-08-2018
Hello guys, 

I have moved this thread from Gameplay to Off-Topic! 

Have a nice weekend!





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users