Game before or game now?

Wot MM World of Tanks Game before Game now RNG Arty Premium Map Maps

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Was game better before or now? (146 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Game before or now?

1. Was better before (89 votes [60.96%])

Percentage of vote: 60.96%

2. Its better now (36 votes [24.66%])

Percentage of vote: 24.66%

3. Its same (21 votes [14.38%])

Percentage of vote: 14.38%

Vote Hide poll

OG_Dino #1 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3414 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

Heyy

i was playing this game much more before

started in 2011 and i am still playing but made new acc more for fun and for refer a friend program

poent is that game was much better before for me

There was more maps who they removed,and this new maps are so so,and all othe rmaps are changed

- MM was better...it was broken but much better then this one now...now with all tiers its hard to get top tier....for me every battle with T6 is with 3x T8 ...with T8 is every time 3x T10 or 5x T9

before was broken but you could get like only t8 other all t6 t7 and much more combinations

- LT was only to T8 and it was more balanced...they had +-3 mm but was better then now

now T10 lt get MM with 3x T10 ,5xt9 and all other T8 and if its opend or half opend map he is king with his tank

- Arty was only t8...now its t10 but was much better before..also had different MM but was more balanced...when he hit you he hit you

now this new sh*t with stun is so fked and arty lost poent of playing 

- RNG is story for himself...they need to fix it little bit more...

- Cheating..still to many players using not alowed mods in game

- New OP tanks...some premium tanks are so OP,and new lines have so OP tanks,and in other hands they nerfed some balanced tanks who are unplayable now

Just look how much players are driving IS-3 or T32 or some older tanks who before was most played tanks in game...now its all about premium tanks

And at the end

They made this game to look nice..graphic and all other things now are much better..game look much better but its more worse to play

before graphic was worse but gaming was much better,game wasnt so broken like now

Now it look nice but gameplay is bad,and to much new premium tanks comming

Because WG see this game is going down so they want to take as much money they can before this game went to total crap

there will always be players here but not so much like earlier 

What you other tihnk about this game now ann before like 2y or 3y

What are good and what are bad things they made in game?

EdvinE20 #2 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 35377 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
I like to say that with many updates, WG are taking two steps forward and one step back. People are always complaining about the game and how great it used to be. Some things might have been better in the past. But I think the game as a whole has never been in such good state as it is now. But it's still far from perfect.

OG_Dino #3 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3414 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostEdvinE20, on 01 October 2018 - 12:36 PM, said:

I like to say that with many updates, WG are taking two steps forward and one step back. People are always complaining about the game and how great it used to be. Some things might have been better in the past. But I think the game as a whole has never been in such good state as it is now. But it's still far from perfect.

i agree with that

but you need admit.. MM was better before,arty and LT was more balanced and maps were much better,and there were more maps wich they remowed with no good reason..they just could remade them

captainpigg #4 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31480 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

Also you could be in a E-100 on Prok and all the other 29 players could be in arty with the old HE pen mechanics, fun no?

ps: would be appreciated if someone the above battles screenshot.

OG_Dino #5 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3414 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View Postcaptainpigg, on 01 October 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Also you could be in a E-100 on Prok and all the other 29 players could be in arty with the old HE pen mechanics, fun no?

ps: would be appreciated if someone the above battles screenshot.

that was at early begining of game

later you couldnt see that in battelfild

Cobra6 #6 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Actually, gameplay mechanics wise it was better in the early years. (hardly any premium ammo being fired, less BS armor, balanced according to standard ammo, less broken/OP vehicles, no high tier arty etc.)

Content and graphics wise obviously it's better now.

WG have been steadily eroding the gameplay of WoT over the years in the departments where it matters while at the same time fixing other areas that weren't really that important.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 01 October 2018 - 12:52 PM.

OG_Dino #7 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3414 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostCobra6, on 01 October 2018 - 12:51 PM, said:

Actually, gameplay mechanics wise it was better in the early years. (hardly any premium ammo being fired, less BS armor, balanced according to standard ammo, less broken/OP vehicles, no high tier arty etc.)

Content and graphics wise obviously it's better now.

Cobra 6

thats about what i am talking

gameplay was much better before...everything wasnt so broken like now

Before graphic wasnt so good but now its awesome but gameplay is crap

are you playing this game because of graphic or gameplay?

captainpigg #8 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31480 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV

View PostOG_Dino, on 01 October 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

that was at early begining of game

later you couldnt see that in battelfild

Still could see 5, with the pre 8.6 HE.

I also much prefer being bottom tier in current MM, being in a stock Tiger1 with 1 poor sod on the enemy team with all the rest in tier 9's, yeah real fun. And yes I've been in that match.

OG_Dino #9 Posted 01 October 2018 - 12:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3414 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View Postcaptainpigg, on 01 October 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

Still could see 5, with the pre 8.6 HE.

I also much prefer being bottom tier in current MM, being in a stock Tiger1 with 1 poor sod on the enemy team with all the rest in tier 9's, yeah real fun. And yes I've been in that match.

but how often you were seeing them

not in every battle

once in 150 battels of even more

signal11th #10 Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 37605 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostEdvinE20, on 01 October 2018 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'd go with the opposite, 1 step forward 2 steps back, they continually add new stuff/problems without fixing any of them stuff that people have called out for since I started playing what 7 years ago. For me "personally" update 1 has been a complete disaster for the game.

Naive #11 Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1269 battles

I think a lot of people are maybe looking through some rose tinted glasses.

What was good back in the day was that prem tanks weren't better than their counterparts (except maybe the Type59), gold ammo was almost non-existent, cross team chat and maps had more spotting opportunities.

That being said though, +3/-3 MM made stock grinds a nightmare, add to that no gold ammo and you didn't have a whole lotta fun facing Mauses in your Jpanther. Before physics the T-50-2 could drive into the enemy base, dodging all shells on its way, kill arty and get back out alive. Was it fun? Sure was, but was it good for the game? Not really. TD's had insane camo, you could have a Borsig with full camo sitting like 100m from you and firing and you wouldn't spot him.

Tanks where nowhere near balanced as people claim, tier 6 was ruled by the [edited]hillariously OP KV1S, that did 390 alpha (yes 390 at tier 6) had great gun handling, was fast and it bounced stuff. Tier 8 was ruled by the IS3, which laughed at almost everything (T32 had like 200 pen, probably still does) except the really high pen guns. Other examples but im bored already.

Basically making prem ammo for credits made the game much more playable as did +2/-2 MM. Problems started when WG released tanks that were balanced on gold ammo (hello Japanese line) and made prem tanks better than their counterparts (hello defender). Then with the map changes and arty you get the mess we're in.

EDIT: oh yeah i forgot about the amazing arty one-shotting tanks left and right. That was really fun.

Edited by Naive, 01 October 2018 - 02:36 PM.

Dava_117 #12 Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19776 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The game sure changed a lot. Some mechanics got better (like spotting mechanics or HEAT actually working as HEAT), some became worst (like the gradually removal of weackspots increasing premium ammo spam), some changed but still are bad (like arty, that became just marginally better) and some are better even if far than perfect (like MM).

PervyPastryPuffer #13 Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31163 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostEdvinE20, on 01 October 2018 - 01:36 PM, said:

I have to say it's more like one step forward and two (or several) steps back.

For example; they released 1.0 with amazing graphics, but in doing so, they removed several great maps because they weren't ready on time, and poorly "rebalanced" the reworked maps. The maps have become stale with less variety, and I can't wait until Highway and Widepark come back. I actually really liked those maps. Swamp was good too. Hidden Village too. I could go on.

OG_Dino #14 Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3414 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 01 October 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

I have to say it's more like one step forward and two (or several) steps back.

For example; they released 1.0 with amazing graphics, but in doing so, they removed several great maps because they weren't ready on time, and poorly "rebalanced" the reworked maps. The maps have become stale with less variety, and I can't wait until Highway and Widepark come back. I actually really liked those maps. Swamp was good too. Hidden Village too. I could go on.

true

one forward 2 back

they removed to much maps who was awesome to play

some of them were so so and need just to balance them little bit

insted they removed them

14:25 Added after 1 minute

View PostDava_117, on 01 October 2018 - 03:03 PM, said:

The game sure changed a lot. Some mechanics got better (like spotting mechanics or HEAT actually working as HEAT), some became worst (like the gradually removal of weackspots increasing premium ammo spam), some changed but still are bad (like arty, that became just marginally better) and some are better even if far than perfect (like MM).

mehanic is much better

flipping hitting and other,raming and so on

kubawt112 #15 Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:49 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3378 battles
  • [CSA-A] CSA-A

The fact that this is even up for regular debate is a sign that the development is too focused on appealing to the 'core' of existing players and keeping everyone happy.

1.0 seemed to sap WG of their energy - the workload was immense for what amounts to a visual update, with development largely halted while 1.0-WoT was remade. Provided the player number statistics are somewhat correct they probably won't take any more risks either. The time to backtrack on changes was a few months after they came, not 18+.

rejkov #16 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13267 battles
The game was the best at 0,8,6, after nerfing that [edited]artyes. After 0.8.6, it started down the slope. Worse, and worse after evey version release.

Edited by rejkov, 01 October 2018 - 08:02 PM.

DeadLecter #17 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24251 battles
I still remember when scouts would get in 3+ MM and arties could one shot an IS3. So screw b4, game is way better now it just needs more adjusting and improvement

rejkov #18 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 13267 battles

I have to disagree.

Ater 0,8.6:

-lots of weak points removed, armors buffed, accuracy nerfed. Now very hard to hit the weak spots, of the top tier tanks. So low teir gameplay is moch more bad, as it was before 8,6.

-Camo values decreased, corridor maps added. Lots of long range fight possibilities removed. Small tanks can not hide, but they have to, when they are playing against 2 tier higher enemy.

And now the 80% of the battles are against 2 tier higher enemyes!!!!!

Worse, and worse. Only the graphic is better. The rest is worse.

Edited by rejkov, 01 October 2018 - 08:40 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #19 Posted 01 October 2018 - 08:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31163 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostDeadLecter, on 01 October 2018 - 09:10 PM, said:

I still remember when scouts would get in 3+ MM and arties could one shot an IS3. So screw b4, game is way better now it just needs more adjusting and improvement

Let me be completely honest with you here:

• Light tanks were far more enjoyable in +3 MM.
  • Being oneshot by arty was far less frustrating than watching your tank suffer through stun and being focused down, effectively permastunned in the worst case scenario.

Screw the game right now! It's just a pain to play anymore, I used to enjoy WoT, now I can barely play without ragequitting.

DeadLecter #20 Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24251 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 01 October 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

Let me be completely honest with you here:

• Light tanks were far more enjoyable in +3 MM.
  • Being oneshot by arty was far less frustrating than watching your tank suffer through stun and being focused down, effectively permastunned in the worst case scenario.

Screw the game right now! It's just a pain to play anymore, I used to enjoy WoT, now I can barely play without ragequitting.

I still hate arty but It was a bigger problem. Well I enjoy it better now but work needs to be done. Arty should be limited to only 2 and MM to +/-1 and the game would be so much better. After that they can really start rebalancing tanks and maps but right now no matter what they do the MM and arty just ruins everything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users