Game before or game now?

Wot MM World of Tanks Game before Game now RNG Arty Premium Map Maps

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Was game better before or now? (146 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Game before or now?

1. Was better before (89 votes [60.96%])

Percentage of vote: 60.96%

2. Its better now (36 votes [24.66%])

Percentage of vote: 24.66%

3. Its same (21 votes [14.38%])

Percentage of vote: 14.38%

Vote Hide poll

mjs_89 #41 Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5345 battles
  • [95137] 95137

speedphlux #42 Posted 03 October 2018 - 06:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44197 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR

"Matchmaker better than ever" ? I call BS !

Weight system was far better then what we have now - a simple tier and class distinction. Type 5 Heavy ain't equal to an AMX 50B. Even back then, when I've had "nightmare" situations in my IS-6, being the only Tier VIII in a Tier IX match, I didn't had much reasons to complain, as while my gun mattered and my armor was worth something, I was often ignored by the enemy team, as there were far bigger threats then me. Once Tier X Light tanks were introduced, I've sold my Chaffee as it was no longer seeing Tier X games and was crippled beyond recognition. It wasn't the same tank any more. The game was so much more interesting back then. Now is just a case of your Top Tiers not being absolute morons and actually driving adequate to the meta tanks and you're good to go. Even without XVM, I can call 90% of the games, being won or lost, just by looking at the tank compositions. That was impossible to do back in the days of the weight system. Sure, the teams were unbalanced. But we all had the same chance of being on the "OP side", just as we had to be on the "UP side". That "battle weight" system, created games of beauty. Games where you could carry your little heart out and defy all odds. Games were no matter how grim it looked, there was always a chance of something good happening. Scores like 15-0 all the way up to 15-5, were RARE !!!

Only potatoes complained about the old weight system and matchmaker. Sadly, that's the majority of the players. And sadly, the majority wins, despite it's bare minimum game knowledge and understanding. That's like Mike the Carpenter, having to vote if his municipality should build a nuclear power plant. Mike has no knowledge of physics. Mike has no understanding of the environmental consequences. All Mike cares is that it crates jobs and it should lower his electricity bill. Mike is an idiot. So are majority of WoT players. Specially that majority that threw away a perfectly well-working system for the stupidly "made in a hurry" 3-5-7.

OG_Dino #43 Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:49 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View Postmjs_89, on 03 October 2018 - 05:13 PM, said:

Still MM was better before for me

Balc0ra #44 Posted 04 October 2018 - 05:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66618 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

For me it depends. Some aspects are better IMO vs before. Maps to name one, as 90% of the removed maps the past 6 years have been maps I've despised in some way like Dragon Ridge that was a 14 vs 14 lemming fail on the 8 line 9 out 10 games. Port is one of the few I liked. As for map changes? Well that's more 50/50. I like some more. But hate others more now, like Fjords. Scouts up to tier X I liked as I enjoy my 13 90 on tier 9 with 4 rounds, then at tier 8 with 6 rounds. Tho... the ideal about "I'm a top tier light not a scout" mentality when the only other tanks on your team are two TD's with sub 400m view range and a mid tier arty with sub 350m is getting a bit daft. Tho at the same time... I miss the +4 MM days of the Luchs doing a drive by on an IS-3 or a Tiger with the 103 gun. 

MM is one aspect that's def worse. 3-5-7 should not be the only solution on a +2 game. Nor should 5-10 in a +1. And equal tier games are fun one some tiers like tier 5 or 7. And terrible on others due to balance like on tier 8 or even 4. Even WG said tier 4 and 8 +0 games are off atm. Tho there should be limitations not to get to many top tiers in a +2 game. Or even the odd +2 games that tier 5 meds got now and then. As in a +2 game vs 29 tier 7 HT's. 

Then you have other aspects that is 50/50. RNG is one of them. I get the 25% high roll. That helps stock grinds and -2 guns at times. But I don't get the 25% low rolls. That should be -15% at the worst. -10 idealy. 

Overall I like the game more vs before in many aspects. But has ways to go in terms of getting at an ideal state if you will for me. As each update makes other stuff more fun, but they always seems to make one thing worse. Store and Mission UI is a perfect example of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality WG seems to be ignoring. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 04 October 2018 - 05:23 PM.

OG_Dino #45 Posted 05 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostBalc0ra, on 04 October 2018 - 05:19 PM, said:

For me it depends. Some aspects are better IMO vs before. Maps to name one, as 90% of the removed maps the past 6 years have been maps I've despised in some way like Dragon Ridge that was a 14 vs 14 lemming fail on the 8 line 9 out 10 games. Port is one of the few I liked. As for map changes? Well that's more 50/50. I like some more. But hate others more now, like Fjords. Scouts up to tier X I liked as I enjoy my 13 90 on tier 9 with 4 rounds, then at tier 8 with 6 rounds. Tho... the ideal about "I'm a top tier light not a scout" mentality when the only other tanks on your team are two TD's with sub 400m view range and a mid tier arty with sub 350m is getting a bit daft. Tho at the same time... I miss the +4 MM days of the Luchs doing a drive by on an IS-3 or a Tiger with the 103 gun. 

MM is one aspect that's def worse. 3-5-7 should not be the only solution on a +2 game. Nor should 5-10 in a +1. And equal tier games are fun one some tiers like tier 5 or 7. And terrible on others due to balance like on tier 8 or even 4. Even WG said tier 4 and 8 +0 games are off atm. Tho there should be limitations not to get to many top tiers in a +2 game. Or even the odd +2 games that tier 5 meds got now and then. As in a +2 game vs 29 tier 7 HT's. 

Then you have other aspects that is 50/50. RNG is one of them. I get the 25% high roll. That helps stock grinds and -2 guns at times. But I don't get the 25% low rolls. That should be -15% at the worst. -10 idealy. 

Overall I like the game more vs before in many aspects. But has ways to go in terms of getting at an ideal state if you will for me. As each update makes other stuff more fun, but they always seems to make one thing worse. Store and Mission UI is a perfect example of the "if it ain't broke don't fix it" mentality WG seems to be ignoring. 

some are some not..graphic is much bettter

gameplay fizic also

maps are fcked now...before were better and was more of them

MM is also worse now

RNG is broken all the time..and 10 or 15% max like you say

yep it was better before i agree

they still can made this game much better

they need to fix all ishues first

OG_Dino #46 Posted 06 October 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

MM is awesome

i am 2nd time top tier with IS t7 OMG :O

OG_Dino #47 Posted 07 October 2018 - 10:46 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

MM statistic for IS T7 for 21 battels

11 battels in T8

6 battels in t8

4 battels as top tier

I need to admit..its amaizing to be mostly in t8 and t9 with stock tenk

LONG LIVE MM

Edited by OG_Dino, 07 October 2018 - 10:47 AM.

OG_Dino #48 Posted 07 October 2018 - 03:32 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

Wtf is with this MM

playing all day t8 prem and getting only t10..only fcking t10 battels

fk you MM

kejmo #49 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29167 battles

My progress with tier 8 SU101 (which i BARELY managed to get to 50% winrate) looked like this (yes, i wrote every single match) : 

123 Tier X battles = 50,4% 
72 Tier IX battles = 29,5% 
38 Full T8 battles = 15.6%
11 battles where i was the top tier in that brilliant 3-5-7 distribution. = 4.5%

enjoy ! cause losing is fun ! soviet logic <3 

OG_Dino #50 Posted 07 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View Postkejmo, on 07 October 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

My progress with tier 8 SU101 (which i BARELY managed to get to 50% winrate) looked like this (yes, i wrote every single match) : 

123 Tier X battles = 50,4% 
72 Tier IX battles = 29,5% 
38 Full T8 battles = 15.6%
11 battles where i was the top tier in that brilliant 3-5-7 distribution. = 4.5%

enjoy ! cause losing is fun ! soviet logic <3 

thats bad :/

i am writing every single battle same like you and doing SS of battle to have prove

MM is total fked now...almost unplayable

reddog102 #51 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8965 battles
Interesting, while the new matchmaking should have been better it’s not! I believe principally it’s down to the power creep we’ve seen and OP tanks. Also before the game was new and shiny, we had new tanks to play all the time and we’re more forgiving.  I think some tanks should have been t11 or 12. ( you know who you are), instead they were shoe horned into t10 resulting in ridiculous op tanks, which just unbalance the game, which is where the grief starts.

Also agree with comments about map changes (they suit high alpha, super armour, no gun depression RU tanks....there is no RU bias in WoT! Lol! Anyway that aside could be great again, maybe but is still my favourite game.

blickoo #52 Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 54566 battles

I started playing WOT in 2011 and still play with same spec PC, I play SD client on Low graphics setting so I miss out on the HD graphics quality and my FPS struggles to get above 30FPS, actually the updated PROVINCE map sucks the life out of my graphics with 13fps and I always have to quit game as unplayable.  I just crash to avoid game penalties and you can imagine the comments.  NORTHWEST, DIAMOND RIDGE, KOMARIN, PORT, HIDDEN VILLAGE, SACRED VILLAGE, WIDEPARK, HIGHWAY are all maps that have been removed, dunno why. Every player has favourite maps along with those they hate but more maps means more variety.

Game play has changed completely from early days with too many OP premium tanks now and gold ammo being spammed by everyone so while the game is free to play it is definitely Pay to win and I bet if you look at the stats the team with most premium tanks usually wins regardless of how good the other team is. I realise that WOT is a business and without money no one could play but greed has taken over and most updates just tinker around the edges without addressing the real issues.  I'd love to see  all NON WG mods banned  not just the illegal ones and a vanilla client ONLY so no individual has an unfair advantage.

thestaggy #53 Posted 10 October 2018 - 11:05 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15074 battles

I only started in 2015 but I enjoyed it more in first couple of years.

Coupled with arty, it was the powercreep, MM template and proliferation of corridor maps that eventually drove me away. Sessions were no longer fun. If I wasn't been frustrated on a corridor map trying to deal with OP armoured tanks forcing me to spam gold I was being shat on by the clickers or having my tier 8s blown away by 9s and 10s. 

Just wasn't fun anymore.

Edited by thestaggy, 10 October 2018 - 11:25 AM.

DorsVenabiIi #54 Posted 10 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24835 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

Remove arty and remove accuracy nerfs then this game would be fixed to a great extent. 

Despite all I enjoy it more now because I used to suck at it before. 

OG_Dino #55 Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:53 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View Postreddog102, on 09 October 2018 - 09:13 PM, said:

Interesting, while the new matchmaking should have been better it’s not! I believe principally it’s down to the power creep we’ve seen and OP tanks. Also before the game was new and shiny, we had new tanks to play all the time and we’re more forgiving. I think some tanks should have been t11 or 12. ( you know who you are), instead they were shoe horned into t10 resulting in ridiculous op tanks, which just unbalance the game, which is where the grief starts.

Also agree with comments about map changes (they suit high alpha, super armour, no gun depression RU tanks....there is no RU bias in WoT! Lol! Anyway that aside could be great again, maybe but is still my favourite game.

OFC its not better

it was "better" only on paper...now 70% battels you have 3x tank who are 2t higher then you

ehhhh

mm and tanks are fkec...so much new OP tanks and all tanks are crap

OG_Dino #56 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 10 October 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

Remove arty and remove accuracy nerfs then this game would be fixed to a great extent. 

Despite all I enjoy it more now because I used to suck at it before. 

no dont remove arty

put arty back how it was before

T8 max and same guns

put MM for LT +-3 and and buff LT guns and thats it

need remove this stun..now arty is 5 time more precise and still can hit you for 700-800 and stun you for 20 sec what is worse then being hitted for 1000 before

Sfinski #57 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32016 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostOG_Dino, on 13 October 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

no dont remove arty

put arty back how it was before

T8 max and same guns

put MM for LT +-3 and and buff LT guns and thats it

need remove this stun..now arty is 5 time more precise and still can hit you for 700-800 and stun you for 20 sec what is worse then being hitted for 1000 before

If not remove give us option to opt out on playing against that disease. Its a class that cannot be balanced, class that has driven a lot of players away from the game. Why force it on the playerbase on the sake of a few onehanded shoe size IQ players? 

Brodie_ #58 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 80005 battles

It was awesome 3 years ago!

It was soooo good!

Then they got greedy...

Then some American clown got to run things for a bit...

OP premiums & 9.18...

They won't admit the mistakes!

They are like a naughty schoolboy in that manner...

They F'ed up, and dare not admit it!

Ok!

They are a business!

But there is a term in English, that is appropriate...

"Killing the goose that laid the golden egg..."

OG_Dino #59 Posted 15 October 2018 - 08:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostSfinski, on 13 October 2018 - 04:52 PM, said:

If not remove give us option to opt out on playing against that disease. Its a class that cannot be balanced, class that has driven a lot of players away from the game. Why force it on the playerbase on the sake of a few onehanded shoe size IQ players? 

true

all skill you need for it its stay at base and click

cant balanc it to made it to all be happy

only remove it and thats it then

OG_Dino #60 Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3441 battles
  • [AS-AP] AS-AP

View PostBrodie_, on 13 October 2018 - 11:00 PM, said:

It was awesome 3 years ago!

It was soooo good!

Then they got greedy...

Then some American clown got to run things for a bit...

OP premiums & 9.18...

They won't admit the mistakes!

They are like a naughty schoolboy in that manner...

They F'ed up, and dare not admit it!

Ok!

They are a business!

But there is a term in English, that is appropriate...

"Killing the goose that laid the golden egg..."

was much better then :D

yeahh

OP premiums fked gameplay -.-

ofc they wont...they want earn money :D

ehhh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users