supertest

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 11 October 2018 - 03:31 PM

Player

• Player
  • 1020 battles

Hey, tankers!

Today we’re launching the Supertest of the M41D, a variant of the Bulldog sitting in the Chinese tree. We’re going to make it a Tier VIII Premium light tank. Stats-wise, it will be close to the original; the main differences are a slightly better gun, a bit slower acceleration, and a tad shortened spotting range. Thus, the vehicle will be similar to other Chinese LTs which tend to place firepower over mobility.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

To sum up, it’s the same lovable good old Bulldog: excellent gun depression and good maneuverability, together with a large frame, only that this one is more of a damage dealer.

Depending on the test results, the stats of the M41D may change.

supertest-m41d_eng.jpg (Ixciuz da text in Rashan pliz ui du not kno hau to Inglis)

supertest-m41d_eng2.jpg (Now also available in Ingliiiis yeeeey squat party)

Stay tuned and Roll Out! :great:

MrEdweird #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22590 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

Give it 390m view range and I will happily trade my M 41 90mm for it.

Otherwise I don't see the point in it. 30m of view range is not a "tad", it is enough to either make it a scout or not a scout at all.

Alternatively, I have trouble believing the penetration would be the same as the M41A1, when this is an upgrade on the M41A3, with a completely different gun.

Maybe give it 182 pen to match the M 41 90mm and 380m view range. I would agree to that. But I don't see where the emphasis on firepower is for the massive trade in view range.

You lose the high-penetration HE round, good alpha and great view range for mobility, a degree of gun depression and a faster shell from the M 41 90, and really, this thing is just a worse M41 Walker Bulldog.

Yes, the reload, accuracy and aim time are partially better, but we don't know dispersion values for sure, looks like it will have a bad on-the-move dispersion and a very good turret traverse dispersion.

I have a Type 62, but I love the design of the Taiwanese Bulldog, so I would love to own one. But it will need some love before it bears consideration.

Edited by MrEdweird, 12 October 2018 - 07:34 PM.

Dr_Oolen #3 Posted 13 October 2018 - 08:00 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23509 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

If it didnt have 370 VR id say its an average/above average T8 light with those stats (certainly better than bc12t and tech tree m41), but 370 VR straight up makes it completely useless as a light tank...

380 VR? still bad, but acceptable

390? sure, that would be good

But at the end of the day it would still be "above average T8 light tank" meaning that its a laughably bad and useless t8 tank overall. Still better than what t10 lights are on their tier though... :XD

NoobySkooby #4 Posted 13 October 2018 - 04:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16975 battles
  • [D3NK] D3NK
Would you not just put optics or binocs on to make up the VR? Otherwise just another tank which don't do much for me, Heavies are my thing, not really an LT player

MrEdweird #5 Posted 13 October 2018 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22590 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 13 October 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

Would you not just put optics or binocs on to make up the VR? Otherwise just another tank which don't do much for me, Heavies are my thing, not really an LT player

You would put optics on it regardless of the scenario. Sure, you could just put binocs on and rammer+vert stab but you relegate yourself to a pure passive scout.

Which kinda works since your camo is garbage.

SWAT0013 #6 Posted 13 October 2018 - 11:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29945 battles
  • [KHIL] KHIL

If you want to make LT that would suit into CHN LT line, you need to buff view range to ale least 380m, 370m is simply to little especially on a vehicle with camo rating as Bulldogs...

Also you should give it gun with bigger alpha (200 is quite suitable for CHN LT) to better suit as better damage dealer as other LT that are more suited for spotting.

Otherwise it looks quite nice - and especially with those changes it can be really interesting mix between German and American one ;)

bubyy #7 Posted 14 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 38991 battles
  • [X3EAM] X3EAM
Greetings not bad this would be even better if they would put in Swedish and British lake tanks

MrEdweird #8 Posted 15 October 2018 - 10:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22590 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View PostSWAT0013, on 13 October 2018 - 10:22 PM, said:

If you want to make LT that would suit into CHN LT line, you need to buff view range to ale least 380m, 370m is simply to little especially on a vehicle with camo rating as Bulldogs...

Also you should give it gun with bigger alpha (200 is quite suitable for CHN LT) to better suit as better damage dealer as other LT that are more suited for spotting.

Otherwise it looks quite nice - and especially with those changes it can be really interesting mix between German and American one ;)

200 is what the highest-alpha 85mm gets. The gun is a 76mm, it will never get that and never should. What it should have is better pen and +20m view range.

WoT_RU_Doing #9 Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:50 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57816 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

I don't see this as an attractive purchase with that view range for a Chinese scout, but nice to see the M41D. As a minor point, the Cupola looks too tall compared to the forward sighting box - it should be about 2/3 the height of the latter based on photos of the real M41D. 

SWAT0013 #10 Posted 16 October 2018 - 12:31 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29945 battles
  • [KHIL] KHIL

View PostMrEdweird, on 15 October 2018 - 11:13 PM, said:

200 is what the highest-alpha 85mm gets. The gun is a 76mm, it will never get that and never should. What it should have is better pen and +20m view range.

"Size" of gun has pretty much nothing to do with damage and smaller gun doest not necessary has to mean smaller damage...

Plus they can always edit / adapt history - we all know how much history means in this game, right? So Bulldog could easily have Chinese 85mm for the sake of balance and suitability of this tank to its tech tree line...

WoT_RU_Doing #11 Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 57816 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostSWAT0013, on 16 October 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

"Size" of gun has pretty much nothing to do with damage and smaller gun doest not necessary has to mean smaller damage...

Plus they can always edit / adapt history - we all know how much history means in this game, right? So Bulldog could easily have Chinese 85mm for the sake of balance and suitability of this tank to its tech tree line...

I'm not sure that putting a Chinese gun on a Taiwanese tank would be entirely fitting. However I would expect the penetration to be increased, as the M41D's M32K1 gun could fire an APFSDS round which was not used on the US M41's M32 gun.

MrEdweird #12 Posted 16 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22590 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View PostSWAT0013, on 16 October 2018 - 11:31 AM, said:

It has everything to do with damage. In fact, gun caliber is the main decision point for damage.

Do not try to justify even more inconsistencies in the game.

No, it can't have a 85mm. A M41D is a M41D, 76mm is the gun that it has.

The point of premiums is that they are supposed to be at least somewhat historically accurate actual tanks or at least fairly distinct prototypes.

Type 59 being the one ugly and stupid exception that rule with it's ridiculous turret armor and 650hp engine.

SWAT0013 #13 Posted 16 October 2018 - 02:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 29945 battles
  • [KHIL] KHIL

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 16 October 2018 - 02:21 PM, said:

I'm not sure that putting a Chinese gun on a Taiwanese tank would be entirely fitting. However I would expect the penetration to be increased, as the M41D's M32K1 gun could fire an APFSDS round which was not used on the US M41's M32 gun.

It will be fitting just like Taiwanese tank as Chinese premium ;) Still if WG thinks of this very, very slightly better gun trade for worse mobility and view range, I am not sure they know what they are talking about...

View PostMrEdweird, on 16 October 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

It has everything to do with damage. In fact, gun caliber is the main decision point for damage.

Do not try to justify even more inconsistencies in the game.

No, it can't have a 85mm. A M41D is a M41D, 76mm is the gun that it has.

The point of premiums is that they are supposed to be at least somewhat historically accurate actual tanks or at least fairly distinct prototypes.

Type 59 being the one ugly and stupid exception that rule with it's ridiculous turret armor and 650hp engine.

Of course, tell that to 152mm guns with 650 damage because reasons (balance). Tell that to 105mm guns with 360 damage because reasons (balance). Tell that to 76mm with 115 damage, 150 damage, 170 damage etc.. So really no reasons to give it 200 damage because of reasons (balance / suitability).

Whole concept of this was broken long time ago same as at least somewhat historically accurate vehicles.

Would I prefer historically accurate vehicle? Yes. Would I prefer historically accurate vehicle over fitting to line and gameplay of the line? With current state of WoT - no.

I still think that this tank is completely wrong as premium tank for CHN LT line regardless of damage and gun size. I see this tank more like a 3rd campaign reward vehicle (then easily OK with 76 mm) but I think premium vehicle should have traits of vehicles from line - which in case of CHN LT are quite big guns for LT of their tiers, at least little bit trolling turrets and bad depression - this tank has none of it and it will not have regardless of how hard you are trying to get these traits to work there ;)

MrEdweird #14 Posted 16 October 2018 - 10:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22590 battles
  • [-FUR-] -FUR-

View PostSWAT0013, on 16 October 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

It will be fitting just like Taiwanese tank as Chinese premium ;) Still if WG thinks of this very, very slightly better gun trade for worse mobility and view range, I am not sure they know what they are talking about...

Of course, tell that to 152mm guns with 650 damage because reasons (balance). Tell that to 105mm guns with 360 damage because reasons (balance). Tell that to 76mm with 115 damage, 150 damage, 170 damage etc.. So really no reasons to give it 200 damage because of reasons (balance / suitability).

Whole concept of this was broken long time ago same as at least somewhat historically accurate vehicles.

Would I prefer historically accurate vehicle? Yes. Would I prefer historically accurate vehicle over fitting to line and gameplay of the line? With current state of WoT - no.

I still think that this tank is completely wrong as premium tank for CHN LT line regardless of damage and gun size. I see this tank more like a 3rd campaign reward vehicle (then easily OK with 76 mm) but I think premium vehicle should have traits of vehicles from line - which in case of CHN LT are quite big guns for LT of their tiers, at least little bit trolling turrets and bad depression - this tank has none of it and it will not have regardless of how hard you are trying to get these traits to work there ;)

What I'm saying is that if it was a tier X with a 76mm gun, sure, give it 220 if you want.

But it isn't a tier X and your example is based on tier differences.

It is entirely stupid that a tier X can do 320 and 390 with the same gun caliber, and I don't see why we should be encouraging that sort of behaviour.

With equal fervor, one might argue that it's actually better to have a different playstyle. I won't, but you COULD.

I really don't care either way, I want a good tank, this just isn't it at the moment. And consider that I would kill for more engine power on the M 41 90, even if it meant less DPM or 10m less view range etc.

Besides, the Type 62 is already there if you want a proper Chinese light. What's bothering me still is that WG continues to ignore the fact that their Chinese light tank tree is complete nonsense above the 59-16.

Edited by MrEdweird, 16 October 2018 - 10:33 PM.

Andrasan89 #15 Posted 17 October 2018 - 07:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8147 battles
  • [NEBUN] NEBUN

at least is not another OP and P2W moronic tank...

its wellcome

gj wg

Also tagged with supertest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users