Pocket Tank: The ELC EVEN 90

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Size matters not when it comes to this light tank!

The full text of the news item

Negativvv #2 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9345 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Kinda tempted again as I'm a fan of LTs.

Although I have the 13 57 which folk say is overwhelmingly better to play and I've also got the T92 which also has decent camo but has a better engine...

_HOXTON_ #3 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37181 battles
Great little assassin, i already have it.

Fr4kt #4 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18172 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Got it, this is the most underpowered tank in the game BY FAR. 1238 dpm with the best possible crew, equipment and premium food, and the driving characteristics, gun handling and general feel is just like a tier 1.

Unless you are deeply into hardcore masochism DO NOT BUY IT.

Gremlin182 #5 Posted 12 October 2018 - 06:55 AM

General

• Player
  • 49260 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 12 October 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

Kinda tempted again as I'm a fan of LTs.

Although I have the 13 57 which folk say is overwhelmingly better to play and I've also got the T92 which also has decent camo but has a better engine...

Got them both and the have different playstyles the 13-57 fires faster than it aims so close in you can just autoaim and rip tanks apart usually all shells will pen.

Longer range several will miss if you just fire too fast.

Even 90 has extremely good camo pretty good mobility its main downside is the reload time of the clip.

Its the usual penalty of big gun on small tanks but its a definite downside for a tier 8 Light,

3 round clip also a little iffy, quite often you fire one shell and if it fails to damage the target you immediately want to back off and reload as 2 shells may not kill the target and leave you vulnerable.

Its a light tanks thats very good in its own way but you have to think before committing to an attack.

Its a tank that has sacrificed a lot to remain invisible.

The 13-57 can reload its 8 round clip in 15 seconds it takes the even 90,  29 seconds to reload its 3

I like them both and don't regret buying either.

One final point about the even 90 I just thought of while it does have excellent mobility running into some objects will slow you down noticably.

I think they need a little tweaking here, while running into a tree or a stone wall should slow you down the even 90 is slowed by everything.

There are some light wooden fences that would not slow down a car and would be barely noticed by me if I were jogging.

So if you are trying to get away from an enemy tank don't hit anything

Edited by Gremlin182, 12 October 2018 - 08:02 AM.

Wallerdog_on_TWITCH #6 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:01 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8454 battles
  • [WDTAC] WDTAC
One of my favs!

puffbodie #7 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21836 battles

View PostFr4kt, on 12 October 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

Got it, this is the most underpowered tank in the game BY FAR. 1238 dpm with the best possible crew, equipment and premium food, and the driving characteristics, gun handling and general feel is just like a tier 1.

Unless you are deeply into hardcore masochism DO NOT BUY IT.

Gold spammer statpadder detected?

It is best passive scout in the game, second best overall after AMX 13 57(F).

BUT

people do not understand it, complain about low DPM and tries to fight from start which is horrible mistake. With good crew (and without that nonsense premium food) in bush even eg. things like E50M can't spot you on 65m. For about 3k combined you have about 100k net income with premium account, but of course it requires brain, no gold ammo usage and no premium food usage plus it can do way more then 3k combined. Yes gun is sometimes trollish, but that is FR gun so expected and you fight most of the time on close distance with autoaim.

BSHDBCG #8 Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:42 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5625 battles
It is nice to see that they have expanded on the 15 battles for a friend code thing for premium tanks.

Fr4kt #9 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18172 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Postpuffbodie, on 12 October 2018 - 06:31 AM, said:

BUT

people do not understand it, complain about low DPM and tries to fight from start which is horrible mistake. With good crew (and without that nonsense premium food) in bush even eg. things like E50M can't spot you on 65m. For about 3k combined you have about 100k net income with premium account, but of course it requires brain, no gold ammo usage and no premium food usage plus it can do way more then 3k combined. Yes gun is sometimes trollish, but that is FR gun so expected and you fight most of the time on close distance with autoaim.

Dude, you got it completely wrong.

First, I couldn't care less about stats, I either play for victory or for fun, and I quit playing this game for 5 years after they removed my favorite tank, the T-50-2.

Passive scouting is NOT a fun playing mechanic and only works on 3 or 4 maps out of the total, not even those if the enemy team has a clue. The rest of the maps are usually smaller than your viewrange and/or corridors, so you will HAVE to fight eventually whether you like it or not. Gold ammo is a waste on this tank, the smallest bump in the terrain will throw your aim down to the floor or up the sky simply because you are so tiny and there is such narrow space between your tracks. There is always rubble on the floor even on city maps so firing on the move is risky business. I do not use food to pump up the DPM, you simply CAN'T, instead I use it to boost the viewrange and camo and to make this tier 1 tank feel a bit closer to a tier 2...

I also have the AMX 13 57, that's a proper scout. The ELC even 90 is simply a tier 1 with good camo sold as premium.

Negativvv #10 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9345 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Hmmm well that's the issue for me. The corridor maps and lack of firepower means the meta is against your positive attributes.

Other LTs can passive spot too but have some firepower to back things up.

Cobra6 #11 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16333 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

While the ELC EVEN90 is fun at first due to it's very good camo, after a short while all the glaring deficiencies become obvious and the fun quickly fades.

Camouflage is nice but on the majority of maps and more specifically the *WAY* the majority of maps are played, your camo is pretty much obsolete in 70% of the engagements you'll ever have.

This means that camo falls away as a balancing factor for this tank which in turn highlights it only has major drawbacks in nearly all areas and nothing to make up for it.

The mobility is not that bad but it's very VERY sluggish to accelerate which means you can't get safe in time before fire comes in.

Your gun handling is *absolutely* atrocious especially at mid/long range but even at close range the majority of shots which are not fully aimed and from a static position, will simply miss.

The DPM is criminally low, Tier 1 standard, which means that you will never ever be able to properly defend yourself *AND* you also can't run away as most tanks will actually easily keep up with you.

Until this tank receives it's much needed buffs it's not worth picking up.

Buffs that are needed:

- DPM up to 1800 base (still much less then other T8 lights).

- Gun handling vastly improved, a light tank should be able to take snapshots while moving fairly reliably.

- Slightly more P/W to give it light tank values as well.

I'm pretty much an exclusive light tank driver of all tiers nowadays and the EVEN90 is one of the least competitive light tanks you can get, for real money and for credits. The camo does not do enough positive to make up for all the negatives it has.

The benchmark for performance for all T8 light tanks should be the way the Type62 and AXM 13 57 perform on tier 7. Competitive DPM for the tier while having better mobility then the mediums, more view range and better camo. The trade-off is not having armor and having the fight on the same close quarter corridor maps which negates the viewrange/camo advantage in a lot of situations. 

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 12 October 2018 - 09:05 AM.

NoobySkooby #12 Posted 12 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 14217 battles

Got all three t8 LT's sadly I can do nothing with LT's other than suicide yolo scout, and if I ever get a game on widepark again that is exactly what I will do.

I mean they brought Highway back.....

Minus less bush's,so TD's and scouts gimped right away.

Edited by NoobySkooby, 12 October 2018 - 08:28 AM.

Simona2k #13 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1788 battles
  • [GGLT] GGLT
Looks cute, but i dont have it

SlyMeerkat #14 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:18 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 16624 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
I already have this awesome little tank, i very much like it!

tankGGG #15 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:21 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 777 battles

Screenshot of the last 12 "news" posts on the portal, count how many are about moneymilking?

Kartonas #16 Posted 12 October 2018 - 10:26 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46100 battles
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-

ye ye give us more usules scouts...

player have 100 battles,bought light,have no idea where to spot,and u staying in bush with td can just wait for lose :teethhappy:

that was happand today.enemy dont have scout we have elc,but we lose,bcs hes new player

09:29 Added after 3 minutes

View PosttankGGG, on 12 October 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Screenshot of the last 12 "news" posts on the portal, count how many are about moneymilking?

this all is for players,who come from work,buying anything,dont care its usefull or not,they just want take vodka,beer sit on tank,and go by presing W and lmb.

try look in chat from friday- "sry im drunk"

Cro006 #17 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10938 battles
  • [R_N_R] R_N_R
Those bonus codes are amazing, nice thing to do and it might boost the sales. GG :D

Laatikkomafia #18 Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:59 AM

Brigadier

• Beta Tester
  • 21982 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P

View Postpuffbodie, on 12 October 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

BUT

OR

It could be the fact that a tank that relies on the damage of others isn't what I'd call fun.

morganakis_gr #19 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 72889 battles
  • [GR_GR] GR_GR

give it one more shot or remove 7-10 seconds from reloading

better engine , it hits a wood fence and almost stop.

better gun stats to fire on the move 

until then it will gather dust in garage 

1357 better and can easy take apart this tier 1 tank .

Neno #20 Posted 12 October 2018 - 01:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39978 battles
  • [X3EAM] X3EAM

The tank is extremely fun to play, I don't care about DMP on THIS tank, I love it

btw, I believe if you are a good player you are going to have fun with this tank, because any random bush is a scout bush for a little ELC :bush:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users