• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ConductiveMetal #1 Posted 20 October 2018 - 04:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48054 battles

Ok, WG, you had your fun.

It's time to get serious.

This tank is my favorite tank, and you haven't buffed it since that "accuracy" buff- which I still haven't seen it -since a LOT of patches ago (5.1 was it?)

My suggestion would be to decrease the aiming time and the dispersion, as well as the reload, towards 10 seconds. At least these 3 things, since the hull and turret stats are not to be touched of...

Seriously, I'm doing my best in it, I'm not a professional, but at over 2k+ battles, I still couldn't get over the pro vs cons of this vehicle.

Literally, like LITERALLY, the best thing of the tank, is the amazing high penetration on standard and on nr.2 key. That's about it. Oh! and you penetrate those shots _most_ of the time, since the aiming is so trollish, KV-2 can snipe/fight better. Tier 6 tanks can out-maneuver you and destroy that booty of yours...

Not sure about other T34 players, but I'd wish WG would stop adding so many premium tanks and just focus on tanks that are already in the game...

I'm open to comments, opinions and others, I'm not trying to cause ruckus or hate, I'm just sad and a tad annoyed that T34 got left behind, big time...

What do you think?

m249jim #2 Posted 20 October 2018 - 10:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41333 battles
  • [DHPB] DHPB

Got this POS on rental a few days ago, and like WTF its garbage.

It's not very quick, not maneuverable (don't even think about going onto soft ground/water), meh armor for tier 8, and not preferential MM (which is one of it's biggest issues), so most battles are bottom tier against tier 10

Penetration, nope, if your against tier 9 forget it, tier 8 and below (if the MM is extremely generous) maybe, but not particularly reliably, pressing the 2 key doesn't seem to make much difference other than costing credit.  This maybe due to the next issue -

Accuracy, this is there it really falls down, I'm sure I'm hitting targets, just not on the map I'm playing.  You aim, perfectly on target, and miss, rinse and repeat, feels like that 9 times out of 10, far to much for RNG to be a factor

Reload, 14.3 secs on a 100% crew... come on, if it wasn't a rental, would put vents and a loader on it, but it would still be too long.

Armour, or lack of it, being penned by T-44 with standard ammo front on isn't great

Compared to one of my most played US tier 8 premiums the T26E4, I'm glad I chose that as my first tier 8 premium, as the T34 is pretty meh vs that. 

The only positive things I have found with it so far it it's an ok credit maker, and ok crew trainer, but no better than my T14 which was far cheaper.

On the basis that it's a rental, and I have only had it for a few days, these are just initial feeling, but the obvious reason for the rental is to try and get you to buy what your renting, this has failed totally.

For WG adding more premiums, I have no issues with this, just it would be nice if they would cover all nations, not just Soviet, German and US, there are no mid tier Chinese or French meds, and only in the last few weeks a Brit heavy was introduced.

ConductiveMetal #3 Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 48054 battles

What do you mean "no penetration"... it has 248 mm on standard AP rounds and 297 mm on 2nd type, APCR shells.

While I agree with you in some areas, you are wrong about the penetration- it's the highest among tier VIII heavies.

Running 5x skills + Gun Rammer, VStab and EGLD, and the aim still hits me under the belt...

Also, you don't need pmm... just better gun stats (not just on paper), if not mobility and/or armor.

m249jim #4 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41333 battles
  • [DHPB] DHPB

View PostMetalMob, on 21 October 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

What do you mean "no penetration"... it has 248 mm on standard AP rounds and 297 mm on 2nd type, APCR shells.

No pen. as most of the time your MM with tier X an your at the bottom, when your top tier, which I found I was in about 1 in 10 battles in my rental time, then your dominant.

My thoughts were based on having this tank as a rental, (and 7 days really is only first impressions), I was running a almost 2 skill crew for most of the time, as its a crew trainer, and not a bad one, but had no camo, or rammer, vents, GLD etc, as I didn't have any spare, if I bought this, these would be fitted.

Yes the gun may be good on paper, but I generally found it couldn't pen much, and accuracy sucked really hard, maybe it was just bad RNG for those matches, or the MM (PMM or not, having 9 of 10 games vs tier X is bad, and it's not just this tank)  when I did get penetration, it seem like i got a lot on those battles, vs other battles with very little.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users