Jump to content


AMX ELC [*]

ELC RIP AMX SAD LAST REMOVE

  • Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

sebastianpotato #21 Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 56635 battles
  • 246
  • [CIRC] CIRC
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

It's not as bad as people say. A bit less trollish, sure, but still extremely powerful. I sold it after the nerf, just bought it back two weeks ago and I do 1k+ damage on average pretty easily. While being drunk and in a full platoon. In the current matchmaking you face three Tier VII tanks at most ... the big alpha gun with 120/150 penetration is performing well under those circumstances. Just give it another chance, guys ... it still got some potential.

 

44307001_288493621764012_2619568560342564864_n.png



baribal_80 #22 Posted 21 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23451 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012
I would not say it was nerfed. It's just rebalanced and less fun. It's still very strong. Remember it's a whole tier lower.

Edited by baribal_80, 21 October 2018 - 07:25 PM.


FluffyRedFox #23 Posted 21 October 2018 - 08:55 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 24139 battles
  • 8,922
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
Seemed fine enough to me after I tried it after the rebalance. 240 alpha and high camo at tier 5 is pretty fun.

Solstad1069 #24 Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:46 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41844 battles
  • 3,330
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
The mobility nerf made it just plain boring, so i sold it.

pathed91 #25 Posted 21 October 2018 - 10:25 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18331 battles
  • 292
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

Wargaming should have treated it the same way as they did the AMX 13, which was splitted it into two tanks with different guns to fill both the tier 7 & 8 places in the tech tree.

 

I think they should have kept the original version of the ELC at tier 6, with possibly nerfing the premium ammo (240 pen was a bit much), and having a version at tier 5 with the same mobility but with a 75 mm gun with the same gun arc as the 90 mm version.

 

If wargaming did as some people have suggested and made the old ELC into a prem tank they would have opened themselves up for accusations of being greedy and keeping one of the most unique tanks in the game behind a paywall.


Edited by pathed91, 21 October 2018 - 10:28 PM.


NoobySkooby #26 Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:44 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15963 battles
  • 4,315
  • [DENK] DENK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostJamadeus, on 21 October 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Just stick a (P) suffix on it and sell it as a premium with the original stats. Win WG, Win AMX lovers.

 

Oh no, you wicked, wicked,  person, that might tempt me to become #wallet wide open:D

TankkiPoju #27 Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21994 battles
  • 6,791
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View Postxx984, on 21 October 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

It was good that it was nerfed, was pretty OP before and it needed a change like it or not. 

 

AMX ELC was never OP. One of the easiest tanks to three mark, because people sucked so much in it.

 

Sure it had a very high skill ceiling, but that doesn't make a tank OP.



baribal_80 #28 Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23451 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 October 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

AMX ELC was never OP. One of the easiest tanks to three mark, because people sucked so much in it.

 

Sure it had a very high skill ceiling, but that doesn't make a tank OP.

 

Broken is a better word. No Light will be OP since speed + No armor means bad and average players suck in them.

pathed91 #29 Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:26 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18331 battles
  • 292
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 October 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

 

AMX ELC was never OP. One of the easiest tanks to three mark, because people sucked so much in it.

 

Sure it had a very high skill ceiling, but that doesn't make a tank OP.

 

If you go by the winrate curves from wot-news it was overperforming before the nerf, in the range of 50-60% players it was getting about a 2% increase in winrate. It wasn't enough to justify trashing the mobility, but some nerfs were probably necessary. It's also one of those tanks that are frustrating to face for new players because of the combination of high alpha and great camo. 

 



KillingJoker #30 Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:39 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37254 battles
  • 1,665
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

I play mine only ocasionally now, and when i play i use 105 octane gasoline and strong coffee, i wasted 2 million credits in this 2 items on discount sale, just to supply my ELC

 

so i dont use med kits, my setup is repairs, coffee and octane gasoline... and it becomes way more agile, specially turning, the aceleration is also much better...

 

its still a troll tank... 


Edited by KillingJoker, 22 October 2018 - 04:39 PM.


NoobySkooby #31 Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 15963 battles
  • 4,315
  • [DENK] DENK
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

Ok So I have just got this back, remember this is a light tank so I have no idea what I am doing:D

 

 

So what is the best gun, (I know the lower guns allow full turret traverse) and best equipment to use?



snowlywhite #32 Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:28 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20381 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    01-05-2018

90mm... Otherwise it's just another boring tier 5 light(with crap hp to boot). And no clue why you'd play any of those.

 

Personally I use rammer/gld/binos. Aiming really takes a while; enough for 10% to matter :P



Anthony_1972 #33 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:24 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9332 battles
  • 163
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016

The old ELC had no place at tier 5.  The gun was more powerful than the best tier 5 TD.   Coupled to that was enormously mobility, and it has the best camo of any scout.  Compared with very good viewrange, it was blatantly OP.  The only reason people would perform bad in it, was that they tried to use that monster gun too much and too early. 

 

After WG changed the light tanks tiers, they either would have put the ELC at tier 7, or nerf the tier 5 model.   WG went with the last...     The current ELC is a perfectly fine scout.   It is super stealth.  In a good bush, with camo net, you can only proxyspot it.  For me, it is the best tier 5 scout in the game.  What the ELC is NOT anymore is a TD.   And that is exactly as it should.  



baribal_80 #34 Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:58 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23451 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostAnthony_1972, on 24 October 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

The old ELC had no place at tier 5.  The gun was more powerful than the best tier 5 TD.   Coupled to that was enormously mobility, and it has the best camo of any scout.  Compared with very good viewrange, it was blatantly OP.  The only reason people would perform bad in it, was that they tried to use that monster gun too much and too early. 

 

After WG changed the light tanks tiers, they either would have put the ELC at tier 7, or nerf the tier 5 model.   WG went with the last...     The current ELC is a perfectly fine scout.   It is super stealth.  In a good bush, with camo net, you can only proxyspot it.  For me, it is the best tier 5 scout in the game.  What the ELC is NOT anymore is a TD.   And that is exactly as it should.  

 

You don't need a camo net. You have ELC even 90 camo so 90% of t5 tanks spot you in the open at 150m. So in a bush they spot you at 50m 

Homer_J #35 Posted 24 October 2018 - 10:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 30883 battles
  • 33,262
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostTankkiPoju, on 22 October 2018 - 12:29 PM, said:

 

AMX ELC was never OP. 

For a brief period it had normal tier V mm and it's old stats.  When it met tier III then it was just a teensy bit too strong.



OberstTed #36 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14762 battles
  • 30
  • [-MBK-] -MBK-
  • Member since:
    09-09-2014

View PostAnthony_1972, on 24 October 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

The old ELC had no place at tier 5.  The gun was more powerful than the best tier 5 TD.   Coupled to that was enormously mobility, and it has the best camo of any scout.  Compared with very good viewrange, it was blatantly OP.  The only reason people would perform bad in it, was that they tried to use that monster gun too much and too early.

 

After WG changed the light tanks tiers, they either would have put the ELC at tier 7, or nerf the tier 5 model.   WG went with the last...     The current ELC is a perfectly fine scout.   It is super stealth.  In a good bush, with camo net, you can only proxyspot it.  For me, it is the best tier 5 scout in the game.  What the ELC is NOT anymore is a TD.   And that is exactly as it should.

 

LOL...Not a TD?  You can still play it as a TD.  You just have to have the patience for it to aim.  You platoon with 2 ELC's and T-67 and you win most games.  It's all about spotting first and cleaning up later.  The way I play it, clean up enemy scouts and then play TD.  If set up properly you have the best view range of any tanks you will see.

baribal_80 #37 Posted 24 October 2018 - 11:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23451 battles
  • 735
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012

View PostOberstTed, on 24 October 2018 - 10:51 AM, said:

 

LOL...Not a TD?  You can still play it as a TD.  You just have to have the patience for it to aim.  You platoon with 2 ELC's and T-67 and you win most games.  It's all about spotting first and cleaning up later.  The way I play it, clean up enemy scouts and then play TD.  If set up properly you have the best view range of any tanks you will see.

 

You won't have the best VR of the tanks you see. You will have the best VR/CAmo combo but not best VR. 
10:57 Added after 1 minute

View PostHomer_J, on 24 October 2018 - 09:41 AM, said:

For a brief period it had normal tier V mm and it's old stats.  When it met tier III then it was just a teensy bit too strong.

 

Teensy bit too strong? LOL. 

LordMuffin #38 Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50000 battles
  • 12,050
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Postsebastianpotato, on 21 October 2018 - 07:09 PM, said:

It's not as bad as people say. A bit less trollish, sure, but still extremely powerful. I sold it after the nerf, just bought it back two weeks ago and I do 1k+ damage on average pretty easily. While being drunk and in a full platoon. In the current matchmaking you face three Tier VII tanks at most ... the big alpha gun with 120/150 penetration is performing well under those circumstances. Just give it another chance, guys ... it still got some potential.

 

44307001_288493621764012_2619568560342564864_n.png

But you are a fkking stetpedder!

 

"Hey red-line where art though?"



DorsVenabiIi #39 Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26222 battles
  • 1,181
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
  • Member since:
    03-31-2015

I remember this tank back then, it was insanely fun little thing, probably broken in some regards like camo. 

 

They should add it as an extra tier 6 tech three tank with the amx 12t, it would have more or less same MM as old elc with old light tank MM, will it be be OP, no, will it be broken, yeah kind of. Maybe nerf the camo a little bit? 



Laatikkomafia #40 Posted 24 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

    Brigadier

  • Beta Tester
  • 22905 battles
  • 4,737
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-27-2010

I would be happy if WG moved it to tier 6 or even tier 7, and gave it back the old stats.


Edited by Laatikkomafia, 24 October 2018 - 12:52 PM.






Also tagged with ELC, RIP, AMX, SAD, LAST, REMOVE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users