• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #41 Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15747 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

View Postsnowlywhite, on 24 October 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

90mm... Otherwise it's just another boring tier 5 light(with crap hp to boot). And no clue why you'd play any of those.

Personally I use rammer/gld/binos. Aiming really takes a while; enough for 10% to matter :P

I have no idea why I try to play light tanks but try I must, lol

ederfe #42 Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15879 battles

View PostAnthony_1972, on 24 October 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

The old ELC had no place at tier 5.  The gun was more powerful than the best tier 5 TD.   Coupled to that was enormously mobility, and it has the best camo of any scout.  Compared with very good viewrange, it was blatantly OP.  The only reason people would perform bad in it, was that they tried to use that monster gun too much and too early. 

After WG changed the light tanks tiers, they either would have put the ELC at tier 7, or nerf the tier 5 model.   WG went with the last...     The current ELC is a perfectly fine scout.   It is super stealth.  In a good bush, with camo net, you can only proxyspot it.  For me, it is the best tier 5 scout in the game.  What the ELC is NOT anymore is a TD.   And that is exactly as it should.  

With the mobility nerf I find it is actually even more td like. I find myself more conservative in it in comparison to other scouts as it can't escape well from tricky situations nor does it have dpm to brawl with other scouts. That said I think it is an ok tier 5 tank.

Ps. Saying it was a tier 5 tank before is and isn't true. Mm wise it was a tier 6.

Balc0ra #43 Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68502 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostJamadeus, on 21 October 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Just stick a (P) suffix on it and sell it as a premium with the original stats. Win WG, Win AMX lovers.

Could work as a tier 6 premium, or maybe a tier 7 with more HP tbh if it had the old stats. Just boost the HP to fit the tier and it's good. 

NoobySkooby #44 Posted 24 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15747 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

View Postederfe, on 24 October 2018 - 02:23 PM, said:

With the mobility nerf I find it is actually even more td like. I find myself more conservative in it in comparison to other scouts as it can't escape well from tricky situations nor does it have dpm to brawl with other scouts. That said I think it is an ok tier 5 tank.

Ps. Saying it was a tier 5 tank before is and isn't true. Mm wise it was a tier 6.

Maybe that is where I am going wrong, but the heat in chat you will get in chat for not spotting, the reload on this is far far too long.

Also tagged with ELC, RIP, AMX, SAD, LAST, REMOVE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users