Vampires vs Werewolves: Who Would Win?

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

fighting_falcon93 #81 Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32560 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 25 October 2018 - 02:41 PM, said:

Orzanel can still turn it around during the stream :) 

Daki will bring it home ;) Only one that can stop him is RNG :P

VarzA #82 Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27391 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI
If WoT playerbase wasn't such a sausage fest, vamps would be winning this. :(

Edited by VarzA, 25 October 2018 - 03:14 PM.

lkstamenov #83 Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 40683 battles
  • [BG-AF] BG-AF

Whats going on - in the forum most are vampires and then werewolves have taken the lead ?

I don't understand

2ugly #84 Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 57245 battles
most of the playerbase dont go on forum..so forum posts dont mean anything..

8126Jakobsson #85 Posted 25 October 2018 - 09:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 80894 battles

View Postlkstamenov, on 25 October 2018 - 04:13 PM, said:

Whats going on - in the forum most are vampires and then werewolves have taken the lead ?

I don't understand

Is there a poll to click? I like clicking polls. Werewolves seem to be more popular in this thread though, according to my paper and pen. 

WoT_RU_Doing #86 Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58788 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 25 October 2018 - 08:49 PM, said:

Is there a poll to click? I like clicking polls. Werewolves seem to be more popular in this thread though, according to my paper and pen.

Because you asked....http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/688522-which-are-you-werewolf-or-vampire/

Pjovejas #87 Posted 26 October 2018 - 09:17 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17449 battles
  • [LTUSP] LTUSP
20 battles finished for the werewolves! :)

Ph3lan #88 Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18847 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey guys, 

The current standing:

Players in each faction:

Werewolves: 54,293

Vampires: 36,279

Mission completions per faction:

Werewolves: 26,038

Vampires: 19,507

It seems that the doggies are about to bring Round 1 home, but theoretically anything is still possible, let's see how the final stretch plays out :)

Gremlin182 #89 Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 59239 battles

Sorry went Werewolf they are much tougher.

We don't fear holy symbols and you need more than a sharp bit of wood to kill us.

Also we don't do sparkly

Ph3lan #90 Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:53 AM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18847 battles
  • [WG] WG

It seems that you guys are enjoying this little contest so let's do something funny and silly on the forum as well. I have a left over VIP bonus code from Tankfest sitting on my desk:

Contents of the code 

* Progetto M35 Tier VIII premium tank

* Commander Buffon

* 5000 gold

* 30 days premium

I am going to give the code to the person who writes the most interesting/funny comment about why someone should chose vampires/werewolves for this contest.

Example (bad one): I chose the doggies because Vamps suck :) 

Who will decide: me, super subjectively :)

How long do I have: Tomorrow morning, let's say 8 am

Where will the winner be announced: on tomorrow's stream:  https://www.youtube....h?v=d3T4XU3cQeI

Where do I leave my comment: In this thread

How many winners: One 

Yes, I just came up with this and yes, it is pretty silly :) But why not, right?

fighting_falcon93 #91 Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32560 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 26 October 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

I am going to give the code to the person who writes the most interesting/funny comment about why someone should chose vampires/werewolves for this contest.

Let's think about it for a while. Being a vampire actually is quite cumbersome. When they want to go out and eat, they first need to make sure their food is garlic-free. They can't use addition when doing math because of the cross (+). And on top of that, when summer finally comes back, they can't even enjoy the sun. All in all, they really do suck.

FluffyRedFox #92 Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 25508 battles
  • [FLOOF] FLOOF
​You should chose Vampires as they're misunderstood, meanwhile Werewolves are mindless animals that would rip people apart, and thats bad. Ok, Vampires would suck your blood sure, but they need your vitamin D since they can't go out in the sun for themselves. Did you ever think about their situation? No, you only think about yourself.

KINGPIN65 #93 Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14049 battles

Went vampire to honor my commitment to certain red beverage.No need to hide your children, I'm talking about wine.

Also this :medal: kinda looks like raising your glass for a toast so it works.

Block Quote

Anyway think I need to lie down for a bit:teethhappy:.Thanks ph3lan, may the best dog or bat win.

Edited by KINGPIN65, 26 October 2018 - 12:36 PM.

8126Jakobsson #94 Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 80894 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 26 October 2018 - 11:53 AM, said:

I chose werewolf because you gave me a 14-day forum ban for claiming that WG killed the Polish german shepherd Szarik, aka the Rudy dog. I think that's pretty interesting.

BrinklyWollox #95 Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

I chose Vampires because I'll have an interesting nightlife, can sleep all day and don't wake up wondering why I'm in the woods and where I'm going to find some clothes for the walk of shame to get home.

Chasing buxom wenches in diaphanous nightwear is also much more appealing than fighting with foxes over the contents of a bin.

Also, Vampires are immortal and even if you have a stake dinner, all it takes is a single drop of blood and you're back while doggies can only look forward to arthritis, grey fur and surprising themselves with their own farts.

Make the right choice - Vampires for un-life! 

WoT_RU_Doing #96 Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 58788 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
I chose Vampires because they know how to use a toilet

falti #97 Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23684 battles
  • [LSOS] LSOS

I chose vampires because they sleep all day and can play wot in the night which comes in handy: because of better matchmaking, no weekend warriors, no children that play and use swear words all the time, and (because of the small server population) they often see the same people in consecutive battles and they can get revenge on those camping redline snipers, yoloing light tanks, and of course arty.

werewolves have to hunt people in the night and therefore can't play wot under those conditions additionally they can't play at day either because they are too tired...

Bordhaw #98 Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15308 battles

Block Quote

I will not be threatened by a walking meat loaf!

Headless_Rooster #99 Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11649 battles
  • [E-VO] E-VO

Ph3lan appears to have thrown down the gauntlet, allow me to pick it up and slap your face with it Sir!

A Brief History of Vampires & Werewolves

Vampire Origins

Belief in vampires and bloodsucking demons is as old as man himself, and may go back to prehistoric times. One of the earliest accounts of vampires is found in an ancient Sumerian and Babylonian myth dating to 4,000 B.C. which describes ekimmu or edimmu (one who is snatched away). The ekimmu is a type of uruku or utukku (a spirit or demon) who was not buried properly and has returned as a vengeful spirit to suck the life out of the living.

The term vampire was not popularized until the early 18th century, after an influx of vampire superstition into Western Europe from areas where vampire legends were frequent, such as the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
One of the earliest recordings of vampire activity came from the region of Istria in modern Croatia, in 1672. Local reports cited the local vampire Giure Grando of the village Khring near Tinjan as the cause of panic among the villagers. A former peasant, Guire died in 1656, however, local villagers claimed he returned from the dead and began drinking blood from the people and sexually harassing his widow. The village leader ordered a stake to be driven through his heart, but when the method failed to kill him, he was subsequently beheaded with better results.

Werewolf Origins

Werewolves are a little harder to pin down. A few references to men changing into wolves are found in Ancient Greek literature and mythology. Herodotus (Born: 485 BC), in his Histories, wrote that the Neuri, a tribe he places to the north-east of Scythia, were all transformed into wolves once every year for several days, and then changed back to their human shape.

The concept of entities that can shape-shift (called Lycanthropy, after the greek for beast-man) are in one form or another very ancient. The werewolf specifically may have roots in norse folklore, after the rituals performed by the beserker warriors where after taking lots of alcohol/mind altering substances and working themselves up into rages, they believed that they took on the spirit of an animal. Many beserkers wore skins of animals and sometimes entire animal heads. The wolf was a powerful symbol to the Norse, and was heavily associated with their version of the apocalypse (The time of the wolf).

The Ancient Battle Between Werewolves & Vampires

In many Slavic countries, werewolves were thought to come back from the dead as vampires if they weren't properly dealt with at the time of their deaths.

Before the end of the 19th century, the Greeks believed that the corpses of werewolves, if not destroyed, would return to life as vampires in the form of wolves or hyenas which prowled battlefields, drinking the blood of dying soldiers.

There are several cases in lore where werewolves are used as protectors against vampires. In gypsy lore they are used to protect the caravans. Also in Irish lore there is a story of a priest stricken with lycanthropy who protects travelers on the way to a monastery from vampires.

The Battle rages to this day:

The leader of modern werewolves is known as 'Daki'. He is decended from a long line of aritrocratic Eastern European werewolves known for their hunger for FAME. He is easily identified by a volumptous beard which trembles in tune with his ferocious temper and his habit of throwing copious ammounts of Salt at all his enemies.

Modern vampires are led by the mighty Orzanel, it is said he is decended from an ancient bloodline of Romanian Kings, in contrast to Daki he is surrounded by an aura of calm generosity, he is even known to throw Silver at his enemies!

Each faction has a devoted following of Fourmites fighting the ultimate battle for the prize. The latest scientific studies have shown the most effective weapon either faction can use is Gold. The leaders of each faction own multiple tanks to protect themselves, but this proves to be ineffective armour against the mighty gold shells of their enemies, they must use cunning and tactical superiority to outwit their foes!

Will the Daki Pride flag be flying after the battle? Or will the Copper Crown of Orzinel be raised in victory?

Forumites choose your faction, and Load The Gold!!!

Disclaimer: The Author has tried to remain impartial in an attempt to win Lord Ph3lan's prize code, but remains a dedicated member of the Vampire faction, go Orzi!!!

gunslingerXXX #100 Posted 26 October 2018 - 01:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13147 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

You are all thinking too difficult: 

Vampires is the obvious choice because werewolves don't have the fine motor skills required to play WoT, while vampires do.

Also, the very long lifetime of vampires helps to finish the loooonnnnng grinds :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users