toxic angry arty bots premiums

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

_Daemon__ #1 Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5965 battles
  • [704TD] 704TD

I just wonder, why are you all so toxic over this forum? All the hate for arty, for bots, cheating, premium tanks or apcr shots.

Why not simply enjoy the good without crying all the time? Or of you hate it so much, why don't you leave this game, or are you angry cus your poured money here expecting them to take away arty and build perfection in a year?

As ex arty player I am 100% sure that when you get hit by arty, it is most often your bad positioning and/or running in straight/predictable path.

Apcr is not as bad if you can turn your tank a bit, be it churchil, japanese, emil, french heavies, etc.

Bots are not nearly as often as you think, it is just that not all are that good (neither am I) or simply they will not rush 1 v 6 woth you where your tds/arty can't support you.

Cheating sux, but in my 3 years playing since alpha (first acc) or playing on this one only met 1 questionable thing but might as well had been bug.

tldr.: why so toxic, arty, apcr, premium, bot. not counting problems with servers goin on rn.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24785 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Post_Daemon__, on 27 October 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

I just wonder, why are you all so toxic over this forum? All the hate for arty, for bots, cheating, premium tanks or apcr shots.

Some players can't cope when they look in the mirror and see something they don't like, rather than see themselves for what they are....they search for reasons why their reflection does not match their perceived perfection. 

_Daemon__ #3 Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:04 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5965 battles
  • [704TD] 704TD

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 27 October 2018 - 11:52 PM, said:

Some players can't cope when they look in the mirror and see something they don't like, rather than see themselves for what they are....they search for reasons why their reflection does not match their perceived perfection. 

I guess, but that is everywhere, in all games and (for them probably) even aspects of life. But never seen forum comunity as toxic as here (in game comunity though is ok and even friendly).

Or is it that people let out their stress from work here as (I guess) that wot comunity is 18+ mostly?

Jigabachi #4 Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:21 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. When there are problems, people will complain about those - which actually is a good thing. And here we have lots of problems that really ruin the game and turn it into a frustrating mess.

2. The problem isn't what people complain about, it's how they do it. On a gaming forum like this one, you'll find many immature people, people who didn't get any proper education and thus lack basic social skills and you'll also come across many plain dumb people here. Rage, whining and general nonsense is to be expected.

3. This forum has close to zero moderation. That means that you only get active participation from the WG team once in a blue moon, when all stars align. The rest of the time we're all for ourselves with all our question and concerns. That fuels things, too.

4. Still not entirely sure what your understanding of "toxic" is. Sounds like you'd call any kind of complaining toxic. Give some examples.

Edited by Jigabachi, 28 October 2018 - 12:23 AM.

clixor #5 Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 56084 battles

Go play hippie online if you want so peace and lovin ;)

Strappster #6 Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28549 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM
I don't understand the question. All my discussions are polite exchanges of differing points of view where each participant can at least agree to differ when they are unable to find some common ground. :confused:

Inappropriate_noob #7 Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17656 battles

I look in the mirror, and scare myself witless.

As for the rest of the people, some give a crap about stats, some don't some are trying to get better, some just like to criticise, just normal human nature.

Some just have a bad day game wise or other wise, and vent their vexation on here, coffee or beer usually calms things down

Pansenmann #8 Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:28 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36930 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJigabachi, on 28 October 2018 - 12:21 AM, said:

4. Still not entirely sure what your understanding of "toxic" is. Sounds like you'd call any kind of complaining toxic. Give some examples.

That word is nowadays used for strong language and criticism in general,

just like every wrong word/look/move is now sexist or so. *shrugs*

apart from that, calling each others names has been part of my gaming experience in nearly every (online) game so far,
I take it as friendly banter.

cheers!

kaneloon #9 Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31718 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View Post_Daemon__, on 27 October 2018 - 10:29 PM, said:

I just wonder, why are you all so toxic over this forum?

This is a real bad start for a thread.

Not only are we "toxic", but "all so toxic" ...

And you are what ? Justice ?

Strappster #10 Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28549 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Postkaneloon, on 28 October 2018 - 12:49 AM, said:

And you are what ? Justice ?

Now, now, don't be toxic to the self-declared Voice Of Reason.

the_nebuchadnezzar #11 Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55942 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Snowflake alert!

m1x_angelico #12 Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27109 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Toxicity is problem in general, not only in games and it's a very complex issue.

First of all, this games attracts a lot of kids, which are in principal immature (which is pretty normal for kids). Due to low learning curve to play and perceived connection to the real life everyone can get behind (tanks, military, WW1, WW2, nations, etc.), this game also attracts people who perhaps may not be the best and the brightest both in intellect and social skills.

In addition, in some countries it is pretty normal to behave in a certain way, which may be considered "abnormal", socially unacceptable or uncivilized in some other countries. I've seen such behavior mostly from players from East and South-East Europe. Maybe it's a cultural thing - what we see as toxicity, they perhaps see just as normal exchanges.

Furthermore, certain aspects of the game (APCR, arty, server lags, etc.), WG's approach to community (that sometimes leaves a lot to be desired), and approach to updating/changing the game (massive bugs, power creep of premium and high armor tanks, MM issues, etc.) causes aggression, anger, and many other bad feelings. For example, imagine you have 1 hour daily to play WOT, you enter the game only to be repeatedly put in teams where your whole team collapses in 3min, or destroys another team in the same time, without you moving a finger. Or you have an amazing game and then server lags and you drown in a lake, next game server lags again, you go in front of a bush instead of behind and get killed. Or try to snipe a tank in a match critical situation, only to find out an invisible extension of the rock absorbed your shells. The list goes on and on. At that point you feel like you wasted your time. In these situations people feel like they are not heard, made fools of, and when they cannot lash out at WG, they start lashing out at other players. I know lots of people who quit because of that, which is actually a healthy response. If you are in this place, quit now, F*** the game that makes you behave like a wild animal, instead of making you enjoy yourself.

Still, IMO WG is not doing enough to streamline the environment and make it safer, and it is therefore indirectly allowing it to flourish. Toxicity will never go away, that is sure, but this can be dealt with more effectively. I once posted a topic about WG fostering a culture of violence by doing so little to fix this (for example, if you skim most of the topics, you will find more or less the same group of people insulting, harassing, ridiculing other players). If you're interested you can easily find the topic. Beside my opinion, there are also some good other opinions and opposing views in this topic.

DorsVenabiIi #13 Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26494 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
I'd think this game was fine as well if I was clueless enough to not know better :)

Shaade_Silentpaw #14 Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:30 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24051 battles

Yeah, it's crazy how people get so mad when something they've dumped a ton of time and money into starts to degrade in quality due to greedy companies like Wargaming.

They should just bend over and smile!

Spoiler

Bennie182 #15 Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:34 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55058 battles

View Post_Daemon__, on 27 October 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

I just wonder, why are you all so toxic over this forum?

Nice you put everyone in the same box. Why so much hate that you have to act like everyone here acts the same and in every situation? It breaks my heart...

LordMuffin #16 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 53568 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Post_Daemon__, on 27 October 2018 - 11:29 PM, said:

Why not simply enjoy the good without crying all the time? Or of you hate it so much, why don't you leave this game, or are you angry cus your poured money here expecting them to take away arty and build perfection in a year?

As ex arty player I am 100% sure that when you get hit by arty, it is most often your bad positioning and/or running in straight/predictable path.

Apcr is not as bad if you can turn your tank a bit, be it churchil, japanese, emil, french heavies, etc.

Bots are not nearly as often as you think, it is just that not all are that good (neither am I) or simply they will not rush 1 v 6 woth you where your tds/arty can't support you.

Cheating sux, but in my 3 years playing since alpha (first acc) or playing on this one only met 1 questionable thing but might as well had been bug.

tldr.: why so toxic, arty, apcr, premium, bot. not counting problems with servers goin on rn.

Not true though.

Unless bad positioning is any positions outside of hard cover where you can be spotted.

uglycousin #17 Posted 28 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 47736 battles

View Post_Daemon__, on 28 October 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Arguments can get pretty heated on the forums, yes. Most of the times because the OP is mentally challenged reaping what he sow. The way most forum posts are made only draw troll replies.

However, when serious questions are asked, people get real help from the most unexpected players.

View Post_Daemon__, on 28 October 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

This can be an example. As a very occasional arty player (almost for missions only) and a very frequent arty shell catcher I can tell you that arty punishes the aggressive players. The ones that try to push a flank.

I will give you an example: is it bad positioning to go in a heavy and contest the hill on Malinovka? Is it bad positioning and/or running in straight/predictable path to spot on Prokhorovka by zigzagging the ridge in a very fast light? Is it bad positioning to rush the hill at the start on Mines in a fast tank? ... and so on.

Arty is a plague for this game, and sadly will not go away. But lesser players cannot understand why the better players get punished for simply trying to win. And thus ... you get very toxic threads. From both sides. :)

bnmm113 #18 Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:12 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10240 battles
  • [ISW2] ISW2

View Postm1x_angelico, on 28 October 2018 - 02:53 AM, said:

Toxicity is problem in general, not only in games and it's a very complex issue.

First of all, this games attracts a lot of kids, which are in principal immature (which is pretty normal for kids). Due to low learning curve to play and perceived connection to the real life everyone can get behind (tanks, military, WW1, WW2, nations, etc.), this game also attracts people who perhaps may not be the best and the brightest both in intellect and social skills.

In addition, in some countries it is pretty normal to behave in a certain way, which may be considered "abnormal", socially unacceptable or uncivilized in some other countries. I've seen such behavior mostly from players from East and South-East Europe. Maybe it's a cultural thing - what we see as toxicity, they perhaps see just as normal exchanges.

yeah… in my country (east europe) every disagreement is full of all sorts of curses, bad words and so on.....

Sfinski #19 Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:20 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38139 battles
Hating bots, arty and what not is not toxicity...

Jigabachi #20 Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSfinski, on 28 October 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Hating bots, arty and what not is not toxicity...

But then again, "hate" is such a strong word in that context...

Also tagged with toxic, angry, arty, bots, premiums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users