Accessories WT-style, with a WoT twist.

moms spaghetti 3d accessories loot pool rarity Fedelini Capellini Bucatini Bigoli Lasagna

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Derethim #1 Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:30 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 18480 battles

So, an idea while I had an idea in another thread;

What if we had an accessory system like the one that exists in War Thunder, but it would have an RPG-like loot pool.

Sort of like last christmas's tree decorations, but on your ingame tanks.

If the engine would handle it, some of the better ones could also be animated. They would be affected by non-historical filter as well, but I hope there wouldn't be too many of the non-historical accessories.

The ones better than common would be picked from the loot system based on chances. The rewards could be recieved for mastery badges - the better the badge, the higher chance of a better rarity.

Duplicates can be sold for credits, epic to god-tier for bonds. Rares and Specials could be unlocked with gold instantly and bought. Epics and higher, not.

Common, rare and special items would be the most numerous and dull of all of them. The game could place them for you to reduce load on the server, because rendering 30 different tanks is demanding.

The items would range from stored backpacks, bottles, satchels, guitars, flags, rags, shovels, logs to additional radios, threads, physical camo pieces, guns, markings and emblems, boxes, helmets, silly stuff you get the idea...

Rarity would be ranked from;

- Trash, which is what already came with the tank, since leaving all the tanks without accessories would look dull as hell. Yields very little credits when sold. Like 20-200c.

- Common, which are bought for credits and are readily available from the start.

- Rare, must be unlocked first and then you can buy them.

- Special, which is basically your "blue" rarity. They yield very little bonds if you sell them, but this is where the cooler stuff would begin. Can only be bought once on aquisition for credits from this point on.

- Epic, or purple, this is where you start having a chance at sets, that could maybe reward you some credits on completing a set? Or maybe increase credits earned by x%? Bought for bonds only as well.

- Event rewards - self explanatory. Pumpkins, christmas hats, stupid stuff. You get them for free after completing missions. Only available once.

- Tank specifics - each tank in the game would get it's own special item, one or more, that would be gained for completing a certain credit and xp milestone with that tank. Lenghty ones. You'd get them if you    really love your Chi-Ri, or KV-4, for example. White flag for AMX 13 75, anyone? Only available once per tank.

- Legendary - amazingly looking items - think KV-2 with a USSR set covered in soviet flags and propaganda of the mighty Sayuz. Buyable for a combination of bonds and credits, only once - once acquired. Expensive.

- God-tier - best looking, insanely rare and expensive items. Available once. Buyable for a combination of gold, freexp, bonds and credits. Not extremely expensive, but you need all of the game's currencies.

What do you think?

Edited by Derethim, 31 October 2018 - 02:30 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 68533 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

If there is one thing I love about this game.... it has not fallen for this "drop loot" BS yet with ranks on dops to make you feel more special. I don't mind it in f2p games. But I like that not everyone does it either.

But I despise $60 games doing it. I recently picked up Ghost Recond Wildlands, and they had the same stuff on half their guns and outfits. Get them via drop boxes. That you either have to earn points for while playing elite mode only. Or buy points to unlock them. And it's trash. Half the epic stuff is not really that.. epic. I have more common stuff on then epic or rare. As those weapons are flat out better. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 31 October 2018 - 02:44 AM.

DorsVenabiIi #3 Posted 31 October 2018 - 03:29 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26216 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE
Shouldn't affect vehicle stats, cosmetics fine. Gambling or not who gives a crap. 

Edited by DorsVenabiIi, 31 October 2018 - 03:29 AM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #4 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8137 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 31 October 2018 - 03:29 AM, said:

Shouldn't affect vehicle stats, cosmetics fine. Gambling or not who gives a crap. 

Either it shouldn't affect stats, or the improvement should be the same regardless of tier.

Why? To prevent it from becoming pay-to-win.

Just like camo, basically; anyone can buy it for credits (preset style), and they all give the same bonus (based on class).

WoT_RU_Doing #5 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51290 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Bearing in mind that so far, only Tiers 6, 8, 9 and X have fully customisable paint schemes, I think I'd prefer the graphics department to concentrate on that rather than the OPs suggestion. However I also don't see any reason why I'd want the suggested system in the game. If the system appeals to someone, I'm sure there's an online game somewhere that they could play instead?

Derethim #6 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18480 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 31 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

Bearing in mind that so far, only Tiers 6, 8, 9 and X have fully customisable paint schemes, I think I'd prefer the graphics department to concentrate on that rather than the OPs suggestion. However I also don't see any reason why I'd want the suggested system in the game. If the system appeals to someone, I'm sure there's an online game somewhere that they could play instead?

Why not both? The modeling and graphics department aren't five people.

View PostDorsVenabiIi, on 31 October 2018 - 03:29 AM, said:

It's a suggestion. If most people find the stat effects stupid, i'll just edit it.

WoT_RU_Doing #7 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51290 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostDerethim, on 31 October 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Why not both? The modeling and graphics department aren't five people.

Well it's taken them nearly a year to cover four tiers so far... https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/921-customization/

Derethim #8 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:42 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18480 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 31 October 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

Well it's taken them nearly a year to cover four tiers so far... https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/921-customization/

It doesen't mean it can't be implemented in the future - so far I've heard WG is working on placeable 3d models on tanks.

WoT_RU_Doing #9 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:45 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51290 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostDerethim, on 31 October 2018 - 11:42 AM, said:

It doesen't mean it can't be implemented in the future - so far I've heard WG is working on placeable 3d models on tanks.

True. On the other hand my premium account runs out in 2021, so by the time they implemented it, I may not care anyhow.

Derethim #10 Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:30 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18480 battles
Edited so there are no gameplay changes. Came to think, how about small xp and credit bonuses from a complete set? Like if you put the complete set that took you months to get on your Leo, you get 10% more credits per battle.

Edited by Derethim, 31 October 2018 - 02:31 PM.

DorsVenabiIi #11 Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26216 battles
  • [BIBLE] BIBLE

View PostDerethim, on 31 October 2018 - 02:30 PM, said:

Edited so there are no gameplay changes. Came to think, how about small xp and credit bonuses from a complete set? Like if you put the complete set that took you months to get on your Leo, you get 10% more credits per battle.

Yeah that sounds fine. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users