Jump to content


Dress Your Tanks up for Halloween!


  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

StinkyStonky #21 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:21 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29408 battles
  • 2,230
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    11-02-2015

View PostTacticusMK2, on 31 October 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

It's alwlays a better way to monetize with skins then with OP premium content. 

 

That might be true, but it's still very poor value for money.

 

Some x5s and a skin should cost ... ?  30p.

 

So 20x  to 30x over priced.

 

If they are that precious, WG can keep them.



Gremlin182 #22 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:25 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49548 battles
  • 8,325
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

I was going to buy these last time they were on sale but the Striker camo patterns I knew I wouldn't ever use.

So I bought the WG Fest Bring on the Heat camo and put it on my T95 its not historical of course but I think it looks great.

Selling paint jobs is a good way to help fund the game and if you dislike seeing them you do not have to.

 

They are not doing the best job of selling them though, the images of the camo are not that good.

Small tank angled some with bad lighting only the WG Fest and Striker images clearly show what it looks like.

All you need is a good side view with the tank not the scenery filling the frame.

 

 



SlenderMoose #23 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:26 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59667 battles
  • 406
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011
6-7 Euro seems a little too much IMHO. 3-4 Euro would be more reasonable.
I have to salute WG for implementing cosmetic stuff as camo and skins in the shop.
Would be nice if you added the "Large spots", "Award All Seasons" and maybe some of the CW reward camos (everyone have them anyways) next time around. 

Strappster #24 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:31 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 25518 battles
  • 9,930
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
For the same price as the Gamescom style I could buy 1,708 gold. I have plenty of premium time and personal reserves, I don't need 15 x5 xp boosts and when you consider I could buy a full set of camo for each map type for 450 gold, it doesn't look like a good deal.

Deadoks #25 Posted 31 October 2018 - 11:38 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18822 battles
  • 359
  • Member since:
    08-15-2011

View Post__SLICK__, on 31 October 2018 - 10:05 AM, said:

Would have been better if some effort had been put in to create Halloween Camos instead of just reselling old ones.

 

Exactly, new style and transparant camos for all nation based on event, festivity etc...

And a little bit cheaper then that and we're good!

 

expecting some new year style, maybe old one to buy or new one to get on challenge... I'm curious for december...


Edited by Deadoks, 31 October 2018 - 11:38 AM.


deorum #26 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:12 PM

    Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 23035 battles
  • 286
  • [WHOGS] WHOGS
  • Member since:
    10-27-2010
Too bad that when you go on the final screen to buy these camos, you dont have a image presenting you what you actually buy!

You have to guess, from previous pages (where again its not clear which camo is what picture) what you are about to buy.

 

SlyMeerkat #27 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:25 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 16719 battles
  • 2,326
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
No thx

SlenderMoose #28 Posted 31 October 2018 - 12:26 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 59667 battles
  • 406
  • [-FRI-] -FRI-
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostSlyMeerkat, on 31 October 2018 - 12:25 PM, said:

No thx

 

Useful input right there. 

r3mision #29 Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:40 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 8075 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    12-07-2016

done*


Edited by r3mision, 31 October 2018 - 02:10 PM.


Balc0ra #30 Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67337 battles
  • 17,047
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Well at least the football camo you got for playing and getting top ranks is now 100% meaningless. 

Valkyrie_Hound #31 Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:48 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7280 battles
  • 21
  • [TDITD] TDITD
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

View PostGremlin182, on 31 October 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

I was going to buy these last time they were on sale but the Striker camo patterns I knew I wouldn't ever use.

So I bought the WG Fest Bring on the Heat camo and put it on my T95 its not historical of course but I think it looks great.

Selling paint jobs is a good way to help fund the game and if you dislike seeing them you do not have to.

 

They are not doing the best job of selling them though, the images of the camo are not that good.

Small tank angled some with bad lighting only the WG Fest and Striker images clearly show what it looks like.

All you need is a good side view with the tank not the scenery filling the frame.

 

 

 

Yea does anyone have full pictures they could put up? I have some of them and some from the World Cup event but I cant tell which are which. If someone can put them up it would be much appreciated.

ToodlePips #32 Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 58816 battles
  • 473
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

View PostTacticusMK2, on 31 October 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

 

It's alwlays a better way to monetize with skins then with OP premium content. 

 

Agree 100%.

Kartonas #33 Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 46557 battles
  • 420
  • [-W-O-] -W-O-
  • Member since:
    08-26-2014
i buy all thnx wg :playing:

Valkyrie_Hound #34 Posted 31 October 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7280 battles
  • 21
  • [TDITD] TDITD
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 October 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Well at least the football camo you got for playing and getting top ranks is now 100% meaningless. 

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 31 October 2018 - 02:12 PM, said:

Well at least the football camo you got for playing and getting top ranks is now 100% meaningless. 

 

Yep. I like the idea of buying nice styles but earned ones should remain earned and not paid for. I cant even tell some of the camo they're selling because the pics are terrible. You would think they'd have made a few more to sell at Halloween rather than regurgitate old ones and those people felt they had earned. Stupid and shows a lack of any effort to sell something new. Is this how bad it's got that WG feel they can sell us anything and we'll buy it like eejits?

Edited by Valkyrie_Hound, 31 October 2018 - 05:54 PM.


Gremlin182 #35 Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:01 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49548 battles
  • 8,325
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Would post pics but with the halloween garage you would not see how they look have to go search the net or maybe there is a youtuve video.

 

I gave in and bought the halloween camo 600 gold gets me the +50% to XP and credits and +200% to free xp for I think the next 6 days

I tried to play the Halloween mode but I got a little bored after a while.

 

For me the best of the Camo on offer is the WG Fest red and black flame effect and bring on the heat text.

Striker I did not like.

Already had a couple of the Gamescom 2018

That leaves the standard type camo patterns and I had some of those too.



__SLICK__ #36 Posted 31 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 4804 battles
  • 190
  • Member since:
    03-04-2017
Remember Halloween Camo from the Dark Front will be available on the last day for only 350 gold.

Valkyrie_Hound #37 Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 7280 battles
  • 21
  • [TDITD] TDITD
  • Member since:
    02-28-2017

View PostGremlin182, on 31 October 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

Would post pics but with the halloween garage you would not see how they look have to go search the net or maybe there is a youtuve video.

 

I gave in and bought the halloween camo 600 gold gets me the +50% to XP and credits and +200% to free xp for I think the next 6 days

I tried to play the Halloween mode but I got a little bored after a while.

 

For me the best of the Camo on offer is the WG Fest red and black flame effect and bring on the heat text.

Striker I did not like.

Already had a couple of the Gamescom 2018

That leaves the standard type camo patterns and I had some of those too.

 

I already tried the web

Szatanshow #38 Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:03 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24823 battles
  • 359
  • Member since:
    01-14-2013
Correct me if im wrong but i got a funny feeling that  they were cheaper last time

Bala79 #39 Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:47 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31952 battles
  • 563
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    11-22-2011

What happens if i have the camo already (with no 5X). How will i know wich is the one with 5X? Will both work with 5X? Do i have to be carefull where i put the camo in order to not acidentally activate the 5X mission on a tank i dont want?

WhyWG Fest style that can be only applied to tier 6, 8 and X, cost more than a Gamescom Style that can be applied to any vehicle? They both have 15 missions X5...

 



Gremlin182 #40 Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:55 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49548 battles
  • 8,325
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Shots of the ones I have not great quality but probably good enough

 

 

 

 

Attached Thumbnails






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users