The most ridiculous chatban story you'll ever read... [Chatban System Needs a Rework]

Chatban Rework

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

shishx_who_is_rosa #81 Posted 02 November 2018 - 11:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 895 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostDorander, on 02 November 2018 - 07:55 AM, said:

You realize you can turn it off in the settings, right?

And miss out on the fun? No thank you!

ThinGun #82 Posted 02 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35501 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
That wasn't even slightly ridiculous.  I'm going to see you in court over miss-selling your forum post.

Laiskamato #83 Posted 02 November 2018 - 04:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46269 battles
  • [KYS] KYS
If you break anything while playing a game its a clear indicator you should not play at all, just saying.

PervyPastryPuffer #84 Posted 02 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 31200 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostLaiskamato, on 02 November 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

If you break anything while playing a game its a clear indicator you should not play at all, just saying.

Games don't anger me, they never do. People do. Also, I fixed it, so :P

Edited by PervyPastryPuffer, 02 November 2018 - 05:22 PM.

Dorander #85 Posted 02 November 2018 - 07:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18584 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 02 November 2018 - 04:22 PM, said:

Games don't anger me, they never do. People do. Also, I fixed it, so :P

But did you find your escape button? :trollface:

Maruk_tankista #86 Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11662 battles

Okay, so i have chat banned for about a 6 days now. First it started staying: "You were banned because inappropriate behaviour blah blah blah 2.11.2018 11:57... the ban will end 3.11.2018 11:57". Next day, I turn on the game, i play one battle, was able to chat. Second battle - banned again "you broke rules on 3.11. 11:57, will end 5.11. 11:57. Now its 8th and i got "inappropriate behaviour in chat on 5.11. 11:57, will end 9.11. 11:57". I didnt even have chance to say anything inappropriate on 5th cause i wasn't playing at that time at all. I have sent two tickets to wg, always automated copy-paste reposnse, closing the matter. Does anyone know what the hell is goin on?

I don't have problem with being banned from using chat for several days as i admit, time to time i use "inappropriate behaviour", but what really annoys me is that they cannot explain 1) why? 2)why they didnt give me 10days or whatever ban in the begining, but prolonging the ban automaticaly every time some time period passes by, and 3) most importantly banning my chat because i did something at a time i wasn't even playing??

WoT_RU_Doing #87 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47281 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View PostMaruk_tankista, on 08 November 2018 - 01:26 AM, said:

Okay, so i have chat banned for about a 6 days now. First it started staying: "You were banned because inappropriate behaviour blah blah blah 2.11.2018 11:57... the ban will end 3.11.2018 11:57". Next day, I turn on the game, i play one battle, was able to chat. Second battle - banned again "you broke rules on 3.11. 11:57, will end 5.11. 11:57. Now its 8th and i got "inappropriate behaviour in chat on 5.11. 11:57, will end 9.11. 11:57". I didnt even have chance to say anything inappropriate on 5th cause i wasn't playing at that time at all. I have sent two tickets to wg, always automated copy-paste reposnse, closing the matter. Does anyone know what the hell is goin on?

I don't have problem with being banned from using chat for several days as i admit, time to time i use "inappropriate behaviour", but what really annoys me is that they cannot explain 1) why? 2)why they didnt give me 10days or whatever ban in the begining, but prolonging the ban automaticaly every time some time period passes by, and 3) most importantly banning my chat because i did something at a time i wasn't even playing??

Well if you keep getting banned and aren't doing anything, I suggest you immediately change your password, and see if the problem goes away.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #88 Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50848 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 08 November 2018 - 04:51 AM, said:

Well if you keep getting banned and aren't doing anything, I suggest you immediately change your password, and see if the problem goes away.

It's not this, it's the processing of reports against the player. The automatic report processing really produce some weird results like Maruk described in his post. Like the ban received on the 5th, that was probably a delayed effect of an earlier reports processed on the 5th, a lot of reports at once OR some system hiccup.

Tilly042 #89 Posted 08 November 2018 - 06:51 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28734 battles
  • [29AR] 29AR
It seems quite a few of us have had chat bans recently (including me) reading through this thread.  I think its the way society in general is going with snowflakes getting offended by words that make them feel all hurty inside.  Its a sad day when you can't drop the C Bomb with wanton abandon and lets face it, some folks would hear it a lot less if they were less of one :)

slitth #90 Posted 08 November 2018 - 07:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12005 battles

View PostPervyPastryPuffer, on 31 October 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

>Aim at T-62A on 1600 HP at 100m range, fully aimed, HESH loaded in Deathstar

>Ally bumps me

>Miss completely

>Enemy T57 Heavy peeks out and clips me on reload

>Break KB

>Find buttons in other side of room

>Assemble KB, lights don't work anymore (Update: Fixed the lights! Good as new. :great: )

>Rage in chat (because...obviously)

Next day: Chatbanned

EXCUSE ME?!?

So I don't have the right to be angry after such an unfortunate series of events? No report about foul language even gets checked to see why there even was foul language? The guy who bumps me, effectively killing me indirectly with the enemy T57 gets away unscathed while my right to speak in chat, even with my own friends, gets revoked??

Unbelievable...

Okay let me tell you something about the chatban system, something that really shouldn't be a thing - You can't even write in your own clan chat, talk with your friends in private messages, or use platoon chat while chatbanned. Is that really a good idea, WG? Do you understand that I'll never get in a fight with the people I've known for years? So why can't I speak to them then?

Or is there some technical limitation with the chat system that stops you from not banning text messages in different areas of the game?...

If there is, you should work on that...Like, now. Not "Soon™", not next year. Now.

Excuse me, Imma go work on my anger management now. I'm not completely innocent and I'm aware of it, but the chatban system is just ridiculous.

Edit: Well apparently I'm not the only one who received a 7-day chatban since yesterday so I dunno what exactly happened but something definitely ain't right... :sceptic:

Yes, you do have the right to be angry.

But that does not protect you from consequence if you express that anger in a way that is not acceptable.

You do something that causes a chat-ban, when you get a chat-ban not matter your emotional state

Dorander #91 Posted 08 November 2018 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18584 battles

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 08 November 2018 - 04:39 AM, said:

It's not this, it's the processing of reports against the player. The automatic report processing really produce some weird results like Maruk described in his post. Like the ban received on the 5th, that was probably a delayed effect of an earlier reports processed on the 5th, a lot of reports at once OR some system hiccup.

but... but... they did "thorough research" before the ban, they said so in every copy-pasted answer! :P

View PostTilly042, on 08 November 2018 - 05:51 AM, said:

It seems quite a few of us have had chat bans recently (including me) reading through this thread.  I think its the way society in general is going with snowflakes getting offended by words that make them feel all hurty inside.  Its a sad day when you can't drop the C Bomb with wanton abandon and lets face it, some folks would hear it a lot less if they were less of one :)

I guess by your own standards you ought to be hearing it a lot then? Rather than blame the people you're cursing at, perhaps the problem should be found with the kind of people who think they ought to be able to do and say whatever they want no matter the consequences. Violence, including the verbal type, has not been acceptable in civilized society for centuries, but the prevalence of this notion that everyone has a right to limitless freedom and anyone who takes issue with that is a "snowflake" is fairly new. The concept however is equally old, just the latest way to try to justify being egocentrical.

Strappster #92 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 24905 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDorander, on 08 November 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

but... but... they did "thorough research" before the ban, they said so in every copy-pasted answer!

Running the chat logs through a text parser counting up the naughty swears would be pretty trivial but could provide enough data to confirm an automated ban while avoiding the UC problem. Or failing that, you get an intern to look through the logs manually. Either is enough to say you've researched the reason for the ban.

Strappster #93 Posted 08 November 2018 - 10:37 AM

General

• Player
  • 24905 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Now then, here's a thing. We've seen an increase in chat bans and while reading the news on the home page (I know, looking for information in areas other than the forum, what a nerd, right?) I discovered this notice in the Armistice news piece.

Block Quote

Let’s help our friends at War Child raise awareness as part of the upcoming initiative 'Armistice'. This project was created by War Child UK and its US partner Children in Conflict and aims to encourage peaceful gameplay in the month of November, to coincide with the centenary of Armistice Day on 11 November, the day the guns fell silent.

PervyPastryPuffer #94 Posted 08 November 2018 - 11:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 31200 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostStrappster, on 08 November 2018 - 10:37 AM, said:

Now then, here's a thing. We've seen an increase in chat bans and while reading the news on the home page (I know, looking for information in areas other than the forum, what a nerd, right?) I discovered this notice in the Armistice news piece.

Peace? PEACE?!? They want PEACE?!?

HOW DARE THEY?!? :izmena:

...really though, I've turned chat off again, now knowing what they're up to this month, it's definitely staying off until it ends.

jabster #95 Posted 08 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12558 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostDorander, on 08 November 2018 - 08:58 AM, said:

but... but... they did "thorough research" before the ban, they said so in every copy-pasted answer! :P

I guess by your own standards you ought to be hearing it a lot then? Rather than blame the people you're cursing at, perhaps the problem should be found with the kind of people who think they ought to be able to do and say whatever they want no matter the consequences. Violence, including the verbal type, has not been acceptable in civilized society for centuries, but the prevalence of this notion that everyone has a right to limitless freedom and anyone who takes issue with that is a "snowflake" is fairly new. The concept however is equally old, just the latest way to try to justify being egocentrical.

The ironic part is you often see the snowflake label deployed in the context of 'freedom of speech' yet it's used to try and shut down any meaningful debate.

I think a lot of the problem is that people try and equate the right to say something that someone will find offence with the right to say something just because someone will find it offensive.

Discontinued #96 Posted 08 November 2018 - 01:08 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1285 battles

I got a chat-ban for 24 hours two days ago and I have to accept that it was entirely my fault 

I accepted it and moved on, lesson learned I now have battle chat switched off as well as never going into general chat at all,

Shame there is no option to remove it 

Gepard_PH #97 Posted 08 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

Publishing Producer

• WG Staff
  • 20168 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostMaruk_tankista, on 08 November 2018 - 03:26 AM, said:

When you keep throwing insults whenever you play then you get chat-banned. If you're sure that you didn't use chat, make sure no one else can use your account by changing the password. Also keep in mind that a new day starts at midnight, so if you were playing on the night 4th/5th then everything after 00:00 counts as 5th.

We're not banning people for 10 days immediately because we want to give everybody a chance to fix their behavior. However if you keep breaking the rules (and you do) then all subsequent bans will just get longer.

ThinGun #98 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35501 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Postjabster, on 08 November 2018 - 12:03 PM, said:

The ironic part is you often see the snowflake label deployed in the context of 'freedom of speech' yet it's used to try and shut down any meaningful debate.

I think a lot of the problem is that people try and equate the right to say something that someone will find offence with the right to say something just because someone will find it offensive.

It's a fair point.  Too many people demand 'freedom of speech' without acknowledging that it's a privilege and not a right.  And privileges come with responsibilities.

JOHN_691 #99 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12250 battles
  • [ORKII] ORKII

I got chatbanned few days ago, and i still don't know why....well, i know that using inappropriate language in the chat is not always a good thing, but in the past i used far worse words, i wished lllnesses to some players , while since a year i've just limited myself to "common bad words" that people use everyday.

I can't figure it out why did i get chatbanned only last week and not in 2016-2017, when my words were significantly worse.

Edited by JOHN_691, 08 November 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Rati_Festa #100 Posted 08 November 2018 - 03:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43737 battles
Weirdly I have had 2 chat bans in the last fortnight and only 1 ever before that in my seven years.

I say its weird as I have always been quite feisty in chat, if triggered by someone else initiating an arguement wuth me. I rarely start them. I can only assume they have moved up the sensitivity of what is classed as chat ban worthy.

From my perspective it would be useful that they tell me what has triggered the bans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users