• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

NoobySkooby #101 Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 15956 battles
  • [DENK] DENK

View Posttall_paul, on 04 November 2018 - 10:22 AM, said:

It's been bought by a lot of terrible players and is been played terribly by a lot of people as far as I can tell.  Like NoobySkooby.

Also, people think they're invulnerable as opposed to being in a tank which is a bit better than an IS3.  I watched someone going toe to toe with an E100 and getting whupped.

I bought a Defender when it was originally on sale and there is no argument that it's massively OP.  However, I don't play it very often as, to be honest, I don't find it that much fun to play.

Hey nice to get a mention in dispatches.
15:54 Added after 4 minutes

View Postantwerp_fighter, on 02 November 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

I suck in my Obj 257, so I won't buy 252u

Because it is a tier 8, but hey if you are not a unicom don't bother,unless you hit with every shot and avoid every arty shell like the forums elites would have you believe they do, then they have deemed that you  have n right to buy this tank, I say they can go and suck my balls.

Brodie_ #102 Posted 04 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81673 battles

No 

Not a chance!

This vehicle was the the real start of the rot!

It destroyed the well thought out tier 8 skirmish dynamic, introducing an rng element that really changed things for the worse!

It seems to have an rng force field around it like something from Startreck!

Plus them selling the damned thing again, will make tier 8 mm worse at a time when they should be fixing it!

I still enjoy the game in certain ways.

But the clan system to me is now dead to me.

It had been so well thought out originally!

Then they wrecked the whole dynamic with stupid money grabbing tactics!

The days when the IS3 was king, with there being nice niches for tanks such as the T32, AMX 50-100, etc, where the best!

Now it's just Progetto's, Defenders & occasionally the Lorraine, all of which are premiums!

I have several premium tanks.

But I will not buy any more due to Wg's tactics!

HundeWurst #103 Posted 04 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 72944 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostTankistu, on 04 November 2018 - 04:39 PM, said:

When you go to youtube you see "14 kills"/"huge amount of damage blocked"/"huge amount of damage caused" videos.

That's how the hype forms and players base their perception of OP-ness on that. They want a tank in which they can survive difficult situations and win duels. Winrate without dmg blocked and dmg caused is a glass half empty.

No? Why would you ever come to sucha  conclusion? That makes NO SENSE at all.

The comaprison of particular winrate to overall winrate is a very good indicator of OPness. There is not a single other factor sowing how good or bad a tank is but that factor.

PS: Blocking damage with a tank is not a skill. It just is not a skill for the most part. Ok 5% might be skillbased, the rest is just being bad playing the game.

Edited by HundeWurst, 04 November 2018 - 06:44 PM.

antwerp_fighter #104 Posted 04 November 2018 - 07:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42749 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

TBH, Defender is no longer that OP, If you experience the very first moment when defender was released (early 2017? if I'm not wrong), I really struggled to pen that tank in my t8 tanks with premium rounds (at that time, 3/5/7 not exist yet)...

nowadays, defender are mostly bottom tier, so...it is more like a tier 9 heavies with bad gun and low dpm meat...

cracktrackflak #105 Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15167 battles
  • [ARRSE] ARRSE

I wanted a Defender first time around, simply because I liked soviet heavy tanks and my IS-6 was becoming increasingly enfeebled. I missed that sale by about 2 hrs.

Ironically, this time around, I have both 30% and a 15% vouchers - but these are of course completely useless unless i want to buy some ancient power-crept tank from the regular store....

I might still have bought the 252U if it had been on its own, but the bundles are no good as i already have a pile of completely useless gold.

Brodie_ #106 Posted 04 November 2018 - 08:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81673 battles

View Postantwerp_fighter, on 04 November 2018 - 07:04 PM, said:

TBH, Defender is no longer that OP, If you experience the very first moment when defender was released (early 2017? if I'm not wrong), I really struggled to pen that tank in my t8 tanks with premium rounds (at that time, 3/5/7 not exist yet)...

nowadays, defender are mostly bottom tier, so...it is more like a tier 9 heavies with bad gun and low dpm meat...

The problem is that...

It took away a certain ammount of skill from the fight!

The rng bollox that surrounds it, made the T32 obsolete with the pen of even it's gold rounds!

The Patriot on the other hand with 230mm pen with standard rounds...

Oh I wonder why.... (sarcasm, for those that do not get the term...)

The defender wilts in front of a tier 9 gun... But that is not the point!

It beats everything below it!

It is a Pedo bear, that also destroyed tier 8 skirmish,  or at least true tactical enjoyment of it!

Tankistu #107 Posted 04 November 2018 - 09:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27684 battles

View PostHundeWurst, on 04 November 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

No? Why would you ever come to sucha  conclusion? That makes NO SENSE at all.

The comaprison of particular winrate to overall winrate is a very good indicator of OPness. There is not a single other factor sowing how good or bad a tank is but that factor.

PS: Blocking damage with a tank is not a skill. It just is not a skill for the most part. Ok 5% might be skillbased, the rest is just being bad playing the game.

Winrate shows how good people playing that tank and the teams they were spawned into are.

When the difference between that tank and another one may be 1 or 3% winrate, then the winrate doesn't say too much. We're talking about small margins. 

So we also have to look at what the tank does in battle in terms of average dmg blocked and caused, not just winrate.   

cro001 #108 Posted 04 November 2018 - 11:41 PM

Major

• Player
  • 31593 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Played 3 games with it now to see if it's still stupid. Yes, yes it is.

Y'all have no clue about tank performance/balance if you think Defender is not OP. There are like ~50 tier 8s and maybe 5 tanks come close to Defender, all others fall in comparison. Let's not forget it's P2W and incredibly easy to play. So yeah, what Hunde said - you all lost right to complain when you bought this PoS.

Also tagged with Defender, OP, Buy, Not

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users