WGEU customer "support"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OrigamiChicken #1 Posted 05 November 2018 - 10:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26719 battles

I always was skeptical about the competence of WGEU "support" staff. And for good reason. But recent issue really takes the cake. Be warned: it's a long salty rant as at this point i just need a place to went off.

First, the issue. Some time ago i found out that all of the notes in my blacklist are gone. I can't pinpoint when exactly that happened because i don't check the list every day. The nicknames are still in the list. Only the notes are gone. I only found out when i put one more nickname in. So now it's the only nickname with note in my blacklist. I looked in forums and couldn't find anyone else complaining about it. So i figured it was just my issue. I waited for the latest patch hoping it will maybe somehow fix it. This didn't happen, so i contacted the support. Boy was i in for a ride.

What i received was typical WGEU template response. The one where you immediately know that "support" people didn't bother to actually read your issue and suggest appropriate solution. The usual - delete game cache (and lose your personalized settings in the process); send wgcheck; mods will burn your house, kill your dog and steal your car; your own fault for playing our game etc. One sentence in particular proved to be important: "Make sure the issue persists with no mods and with a fresh game client installation".

Over the years i did fresh install of WoT multiple times, even on a completely new installation of Windows. And the notes were always there. Which makes me think that both contact lists and their corresponding notes are stored on WG servers rather than somewhere on my computer (which makes sense!).

But i played along and did all that. Sure enough even with fresh installation and no mods notes (except the one that i added AFTER the problem occurred) were still missing. Which i reported back to WG. Only to get following response: "the date of your blacklist is stored in your game files and not on our servers.  Since you've reinstalled the game, the data regarding the blacklist have been lost".

I facepalmed so hard reading that. One guy is only capable of sending template responses. Another one says "sucks to be you, the thing WE TOLD YOU TO DO erases your data instead of restoring it", while clearly having no idea how their own game works. How come the blacklist itself was not lost (so it wasn't stored in my game files then?) but the notes are? What could possibly be the logic behind storing list on server and notes on player's computer? And how come that the nickname added later retained note after re-installation? Wasn't it supposed to be stored in my game files and lost in the process together with other data like the support guy claimed?

At this point is there even a reason for WGEU office to exist? Automated template responses, that have ZERO relation to our issues, can be sent from Minsk office just as efficiently. Actually, after having to deal with WGEU i would be the first to willingly submit to robot revolution. Machines would never do stupid sh**t like this.

Homer_J #2 Posted 05 November 2018 - 11:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Why do you have notes about people you will probably never meet again?

Anyway, blacklist is part of the chat system which has had issues over the last year or so and was recently rolled back to a previous version.  I guess it broke some features along the way.

Nishi_Kinuyo #3 Posted 06 November 2018 - 12:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
So OP would rather have the chat entirely non-functional instead?

OrigamiChicken #4 Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:10 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26719 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 November 2018 - 01:01 AM, said:

So OP would rather have the chat entirely non-functional instead?

Can you quote the exact part where OP said what you are claiming he said?

Homer_J #5 Posted 06 November 2018 - 09:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 30176 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostOrigamiChicken, on 06 November 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

I still don't understand the point in collecting notes on random people you meet.

Do you do the same IRL?  6/11/18 12.30pm Tall bald man in green shirt looked at my pint funny.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8070 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostOrigamiChicken, on 06 November 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

The part where you implied you wanted the old chat system back again, which we all know had repeated issues over the past year(s).

OrigamiChicken #7 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26719 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 06 November 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

I still don't understand the point in collecting notes on random people you meet.

Do you do the same IRL?  6/11/18 12.30pm Tall bald man in green shirt looked at my pint funny.

I still don't understand why using a feature that is in game client is bothering some people just for the sake of being bothered.

OrigamiChicken #8 Posted 06 November 2018 - 06:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26719 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 06 November 2018 - 06:55 PM, said:

The part where you implied you wanted the old chat system back again, which we all know had repeated issues over the past year(s).

You're just making false assumptions out of thin air. I never implied anything like that. I noticed that in game feature* A is broken and contacted support. Then posted a rant about support making dog's dinner out of the case.

I was not aware that for feature B to work feature A must be broken, but MUST remain in game in all it's broken glory.

Wanting for feature A to work doesn't automatically mean that i WANT feature B to be broken. What if i want feature A to be fixed so that A and B can live together happily without breaking each other? It used to work that way.

* if the feature is in game (or any other software) it is natural for user to expect that it works properly. If it doesn't, it is natural to report such case and expect it to be fixed or removed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users