• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

TsundereWaffle #41 Posted 18 November 2018 - 11:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27233 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Posttomo_braica, on 18 November 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

how exactly you have calculated best firepower?

By looking at the stats, it has the highest DPM in combination with alpha damage

tomo_braica #42 Posted Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18409 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

View PostNethraniel, on 15 November 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

If you cannot pen Tiger P from the front with 175 mm pen, the problem is not the Tiger P...

Tiger P has 7.28 ROF with 240 DMG, while the KV-122 has 4.7 ROF with 390 DMG... so, maybe stop spreading false information... and why on earth would you just stop in the open, when the enemy has higher ROF than you?

What are you blurting all the time with the side armor of USSR tanks? I can pen almost every tank side on... so what?

Again, no simulation. Autoloader tanks are balanced by the long reload, when your clip is empty. When you cannot count and rush an empty autoloader, not the problem of the autoloader tank...

i was testing.stand , shoot and observe what will happen, not in opened, it was at random cluster of buildings( at earth we call that town )in  paved corridor for traffic ,(we , on earth call that street i dont know how road or street are called in game)

and where exactly autoloader keep his clip safe?

on one side of turret is commander , on other is gunner, between is gun,Where is clip , full of high explosive , high flammable material?

what is disadvantage of autoloader? you must hide 20 sec?

and if ammo storage get hit you must reload 40 sec and stil have like 5-6-7 shells, and that shells you shoot like nothing happened? 

well , fair enough

oo and one more 

i have been given lecture by high experienced player , how actually higher rate of fire and lower damage is worst than 12 -15 sec reload time

23:43 Added after 1 minute

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 18 November 2018 - 11:47 PM, said:

By looking at the stats, it has the highest DPM in combination with alpha damage

great, and how much damage he can do when he cant penetrate armor.it have worst penetration value

UrQuan #43 Posted Yesterday, 09:52 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19839 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttomo_braica, on 19 November 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

i have been given lecture by high experienced player , how actually higher rate of fire and lower damage is worst than 12 -15 sec reload time

Depends on what you are after & your playstyle & the stat combination. A high RoF (Rate of Fire) with a low DPM (damage per minute) like several british midtier HT's have, means their damage per shot is low (too low imo). A gun with high damage per shot tends to have a lower RoF (rate of fire) to compensate. High damage shots in WoT tend to be advantageous, because it allows you to do alot of damage in a small timeframe. This is also why autoloaders tend to be very dangerous in the game, their ability to deliver high damage in a short timeframe.

During the reload, the tank can sit safely in cover (this is why it is important to make sure you got cover nearby with your slow-firing tanks/ autoloaders)

Tanks with high RoF (Rate of Fire) and high DPM (like the higher tier british HT's & armored TD's) can be very devastating when left alone, even tho their damage per shot isn't that high. Reason is that these tanks are able to deliver a high amount of damage over time when they are not contested.

Moment these tanks are contested, they lose their DPM advantage, as they got to hide between reloads, costing them damage; something low RoF & high damage per shot tanks have to worry less about.

For players still learning the game, tanks with a high damage per shot can be helpful to them, teaching when to shoot & when to hide without costing them too much damage. A player learning the game in a high RoF tank on the other hand will have to fight the urge alot of 'one More Shot' (and getting killed because taking that one shot too many, staying exposed just a bit too long) or take too much time hiding between shots (giving enemies time to advance/position/aim between their shots), causing him to have a smaller effect on the game & learning slower over time

Note this is a generalisation, players that love high RoF tanks, please by all means go for them, learn how they work & have fun with them!

great, and how much damage he can do when he cant penetrate armor.it have worst penetration value

The gun Waffle speaks about is the 85mm gun, a very good general gun for the KV-1, that combines rate of fire & nice damage with a good gun handling in one package & comes with decent penetration as well for a T5 tank (120mm standard AP), enough to penetrate any tier 5 tank with ease & most tier 6 tanks as well. Loading premium gives you 161mm pen, giving you plenty of opportunities to penetrate about all T6 and most T7 tanks. The combination of all these values, good damage per shot, nice rate of fire & nice penetration value is the reason that the 85mm gun is considered the best general gun on the KV-1.

Also it's far from lowest penetration value, it actually ranks nicely in the middle, 6 T5 HT's have less pen & 5 T5 HT's have more pen. Considering that it's damage per shot with the 85mm gun is so high (only 2 tanks match or exceed that damage without trading in penetration power: KV-1S (119mm pen) & BRD (135 pen). All other T5 tanks have to fit a derp gun (a high caliber gun that is most effective with HE shells) to exceed that damage, but those guns are very inaccurate & slow-firing.

Edited by UrQuan, Yesterday, 09:52 AM.

TsundereWaffle #44 Posted Yesterday, 10:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27233 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

It however will penetrate as 120 is enough to go through almost anything it will meet. And for new players lower pen is good because it will teach them about shooting for weakspots.

Come on man, you have a lot of battles, you should know this, no?

tomo_braica #45 Posted Yesterday, 11:38 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18409 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

ok, i will now at kv122 make 3 skill crew for kv1 nand play with it. to be fair i will old one sell so old score dont count.

if win rate will be more than 40% i will cut my balls and eat it for breakfast,

tomo_braica #46 Posted Yesterday, 11:50 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18409 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 19 November 2018 - 10:54 AM, said:

It however will penetrate as 120 is enough to go through almost anything it will meet. And for new players lower pen is good because it will teach them about shooting for weakspots.

Come on man, you have a lot of battles, you should know this, no?

i know that, but position yourself as new player, and have awesome KV1 ( wich in game lost some armor and retain his weight , for me that is not fair), visibility=0, mobility = even worst.phew-phew gun ,any tank tier 5 can pen his armor

UrQuan #47 Posted Yesterday, 12:02 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19839 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttomo_braica, on 19 November 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

ok, i will now at kv122 make 3 skill crew for kv1 nand play with it. to be fair i will old one sell so old score dont count.

The buying & selling of tanks you played have no effect on the stats, you keep them as they were last time you played said vehicle. Note, nobody told you to play the tank, you decided this. People only argued against your claim that the KV-1 is a bad tank as it is not. However it is perfectly possible for a tank not to fit your playstyle & hence you doing bad in it. but then it is you, not the tank.

It is a game, play the tanks you enjoy most. And if there's tank you don't do well in and/or don't like, yo'ure not forced to play it. But don't be so quick to blame the tank, as it is more likely you. Either you don't like how the tank plays, or you lack certain knowledge/capacities to make the tank work. But the tank itself can be a fine tank for most. The KV-1 is a good example as it is considered a go-to vehicle for new players after all, due to the combination of all it's characteristics, strong but not OP, has something for everyone, but not to the extreme. So if you like certain aspects of the KV-1, you can search for more specialized tanks that offer what you like (at the cost of other characteristics ofc).

An example that applies to me: the general community agrees that the tier 9 T-10 heavy tank is a good tank. However, for me it performs rather mediocre. Is that because the tank is bad? No, it has a good gun & good mobility. It is rather because the tank doesn't suit the way I play the game & hence I have trouble making it perform. The main part I lack to make it work is patience to strike when needed & not to take hits when not needed. So I know it is me & I don't blame the tank for my rather mediocre performance in it.

It is something plenty of new player tend to have trouble with, to distinguish between their own play & the tank; midtiers (tiers 5 to 7) contain plenty of good tanks, but also plenty of bad tanks. If you perform badly in a tank, try to check whether it is you, or simply because the tank itself is meh. New players or players that have trouble grasping the mechanics in a game, aren't helped by playing bad tanks, as it doesn't teach them much. You're better off learning the game & certain mechanics in tanks considered good in their class/niche, like the KV-1 for heavy tank play, the t-34 med for med play, Stug III G & Hellcat for stealthy TD play, AT-2 for frontline duty TD's etc etc.

Playing bad/non-optimal tanks can be a good way to hone your skills however in certain aspects of the game. By example, playing TD's with bad camo & fragile hull teaches you how to dish out the pain without attracting too much attention. Playing meds with bad gun handling help you to maximize hit & run tactics, or help you become a better spotter (because your gun isn't gonna win you games) etc etc.

But to do that, you first need to have a good basic grasp of the game & do well in tanks that got the basics down & have an advantage in those fields.

View Posttomo_braica, on 19 November 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

i know that, but position yourself as new player, and have awesome KV1 ( wich in game lost some armor and retain his weight , for me that is not fair), visibility=0, mobility = even worst.phew-phew gun ,any tank tier 5 can pen his armor

That's where the learning comes in. If every tier 5 HT pens you, you have to learn why that happens to you & not to every other KV-1 player. Through this you learn how angling works, why positioning is important etc etc. 

You also learn that playing certain tank classes comes with drawbacks. HT's usually got worse mobility & viewrange. If you find this is detrimental to your enjoyment of the game, pick tanks that offer mobility & viewrange, like mediums. But this too comes at a price, as mediums tend to lack in armor.

And once again you ignore the ingame facts, the KV-1 comes with a topgun that offers good firepower (second best shot per damage, good mid range pen & good rate of fire for the shot per damage it has). 

Edited by UrQuan, Yesterday, 12:18 PM.

tomo_braica #48 Posted Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18409 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

View PostUrQuan, on 19 November 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Depends on what you are after & your playstyle & the stat combination. A high RoF (Rate of Fire) with a low DPM (damage per minute) like several british midtier HT's have, means their damage per shot is low (too low imo). A gun with high damage per shot tends to have a lower RoF (rate of fire) to compensate. High damage shots in WoT tend to be advantageous, because it allows you to do alot of damage in a small timeframe. This is also why autoloaders tend to be very dangerous in the game, their ability to deliver high damage in a short timeframe.

During the reload, the tank can sit safely in cover (this is why it is important to make sure you got cover nearby with your slow-firing tanks/ autoloaders)

Tanks with high RoF (Rate of Fire) and high DPM (like the higher tier british HT's & armored TD's) can be very devastating when left alone, even tho their damage per shot isn't that high. Reason is that these tanks are able to deliver a high amount of damage over time when they are not contested.

Moment these tanks are contested, they lose their DPM advantage, as they got to hide between reloads, costing them damage; something low RoF & high damage per shot tanks have to worry less about.

For players still learning the game, tanks with a high damage per shot can be helpful to them, teaching when to shoot & when to hide without costing them too much damage. A player learning the game in a high RoF tank on the other hand will have to fight the urge alot of 'one More Shot' (and getting killed because taking that one shot too many, staying exposed just a bit too long) or take too much time hiding between shots (giving enemies time to advance/position/aim between their shots), causing him to have a smaller effect on the game & learning slower over time

Note this is a generalisation, players that love high RoF tanks, please by all means go for them, learn how they work & have fun with them!

The gun Waffle speaks about is the 85mm gun, a very good general gun for the KV-1, that combines rate of fire & nice damage with a good gun handling in one package & comes with decent penetration as well for a T5 tank (120mm standard AP), enough to penetrate any tier 5 tank with ease & most tier 6 tanks as well. Loading premium gives you 161mm pen, giving you plenty of opportunities to penetrate about all T6 and most T7 tanks. The combination of all these values, good damage per shot, nice rate of fire & nice penetration value is the reason that the 85mm gun is considered the best general gun on the KV-1.

Also it's far from lowest penetration value, it actually ranks nicely in the middle, 6 T5 HT's have less pen & 5 T5 HT's have more pen. Considering that it's damage per shot with the 85mm gun is so high (only 2 tanks match or exceed that damage without trading in penetration power: KV-1S (119mm pen) & BRD (135 pen). All other T5 tanks have to fit a derp gun (a high caliber gun that is most effective with HE shells) to exceed that damage, but those guns are very inaccurate & slow-firing.

what you have describe is clear point of overpower things.autoloader offer higher rate of fire but is extremely danger if hull or turret is penetrated

having clip full of shells inside crew compartment , it cant be safe , because it have moving parts,

TsundereWaffle #49 Posted Yesterday, 02:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27233 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View Posttomo_braica, on 19 November 2018 - 11:50 AM, said:

That's exactly what I am doing and saying, the all-roundness of the KV-1 makes it the most viable tank for new players as it is a strong tank for learning the game. Anyways, feel free to tell me then which tank alternatively to the KV-1 is good for beginners and why since you are quite clear here in saying that we are wrong.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users