Remembrance Day Special

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

uglycousin #41 Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:47 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 45783 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
I have to say ... very nice garage during these days. Well done WG. :)

Szatanshow #42 Posted 10 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24624 battles
  • [_OF_] _OF_

Only WG greed can do stuff like Remembrance Day garage with idiotic advertisements of premium tanks in it.

Nice insult to Remembrance Day

Insert_Insult #43 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7358 battles

View PostDeadElviS, on 09 November 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Is this how you really remember the dead - War Gaming? some standard discounts which are exactly the same as the other 365 days of the year, a couple of crappy missions, but overall a bucket-load of garbage peddled as something for 'ALL'

I love your game but I really despise everything about you as a company and its employees when you cash in on the pain and misery suffered during any war, instead of doing something constructive like a special anniversary tank FOR FREE to those who play on the anniversary day, to show you ACTUALLY do feel like remembering those who fought in the war. Instead you type out meaningless words and offer crap that means absolutely nothing what so ever.

I'm sure that War Gaming would sell their dead grandmothers corpse if there was money to be made in it, sorry if people don't agree with me and if my view 'offends' you, but that's just how i feel about this 'Remembrance Day Special' Bulls**t.

I tend to agree, I am a veteran, and imo they should be donating any monies made to help the veterans and their families, not cashing in on it.

sasa_milic #44 Posted 11 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 56542 battles

View PostCommunity, on 09 November 2018 - 06:00 AM, said:

As the end of World War I turns a hundred years old, let's all remember this conflict.
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/Remembrance-Day-Special/">The full text of the news item</a>

One of those weekend missions that bring huge number of bots to the game ... just had a battle with 9 bots in my team ... total waste of time, of course...

panzertest #45 Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 36119 battles
  • [HOOLS] HOOLS
Censorship and blurring history in WG. An article that has not been translated into other languages. 
https://worldoftanks...niepodleglosci/

A new dawn for Poland

For the Poles, the end of World War I and the collapse of the nineteenth-century political order meant a great chance to regain independence. Independence organizations existed, of course, earlier, as were the postulates of restoring Poland as an independent state, but it was in the autumn of 1918 that the activities were really fast.

During the war, the Polish cause came back after a long period of silence, when the fighting parties tried to drag the Poles to their side - or promises to recreate in some form the Polish state under the auspices of the Central States, or the promise of creating an independent Poland. The events gained momentum when gradually all three powers, which more than a century earlier divided Poland among themselves, found themselves in agony.

When at the end of October 1918 the Danubian monarchy was falling apart, the Poles from the Austrian Partition came into action: they set up the Polish Liquidation Commission in Krakow, aiming to separate the annexation territories from Vienna and hand them over to Poland - even if at the time of the Commission it was not clear how the future state will look. On November 7, the Provisional People's Government of the Republic of Poland was formed, headed by Ignacy Daszyński. On November 10, Józef Piłsudski, who had been released a little earlier from the fortress, came to Warsaw to take power from the Regency Council.

At the same time, various independence organizations, local self-government bodies, and military organizations were emerging or appearing. Abroad, thanks to Poland, they successfully lobbied min. Roman Dmowski, but also General Haller, or Ignacy Paderewski and many, many others.

Poland returned to the map of Europe thanks to the great effort and effective cooperation of many Poles - despite the often dramatic political differences, they all managed to act together and effectively to regain the country - although the shape of the borders needed to be determined in the course of fights with almost all neighbors.

from the translator due to lack of time

Shame on you gentlemens from WG

Edited by panzertest, 11 November 2018 - 03:12 PM.

FendaBenda #46 Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 48316 battles
  • [YBB] YBB

Thanks to the fallen, who actually stood up !
WP WG

Max_Calibre #47 Posted 11 November 2018 - 03:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20637 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Nice

remember those sadly fallen in battle 100 years last century in WW1

Balc0ra #48 Posted 11 November 2018 - 05:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66593 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

People can say what they want about the event. But gotta hand it to the garage team. It's the best one they have made so far. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 November 2018 - 05:17 PM.

boomer1_1 #49 Posted 14 November 2018 - 01:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21544 battles
  • [R-U] R-U
With  a little forward planning and grinding i was able to spend a cool 16 million and got my first two tier 10's a couple of tier 8's and a little AMX 12T, thank you WG i am very satisfied with the special. The extra credits missions that are currently running have ensured i can play them too as it took next to no time to generate a million and a half credits since, once again than you WG. :great:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users