Jump to content


Light Tanks and spoting

Spot Spotting Light Tanks

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

DDRfreak457 #1 Posted 10 November 2018 - 01:22 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17233 battles
  • 27
  • [WZ-CR] WZ-CR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

Hello dear Wargaming and community... Does anyone wonder why LT tanks are in the game? I mean I did compare T-54 lt., Obj 430U and T-100LT and this is what I got.

  • Crew 100%: BiA, Situational Awareness, Recon.
  • Equipment: Binocular Telescope, Improved Ventilation Class 1, Coated Optics.

Result:

  1. T-54 lt.: View Range 539m, 
  2. T-100LT: View Range 537m
  3. Obj. 430U: View Range 551m

 

Can someone explain me... Who made these stats for tanks? I mean Tier 9 have better view range than Tier 10? And Tier 10 medium have much better view range than Tier 10 Light tank (Spotter)? What kind of joke is this? T-100LT doesn't have great DPM, Penetration, Armor, spot (when we look medium tanks and Tier 9 LT's.).. Only plus is Concealment and speed of tank...

German and Chinese LT's have "good gun" and slightly better armor and that's it... Sheridan have what? Derp gun? The AMX 13 105 is the same as the T-100 LT with the worse concealment...

I hope someone will see this and tell me is WG really trying to give us a good experience playing this game or they need to really fix the game from the scratch?

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Screenshot_3.png   1006.25K

Edited by DDRfreak457, 10 November 2018 - 01:28 AM.


Bracciano_gatto #2 Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:14 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1177 battles
  • 127
  • Member since:
    09-07-2018

Because Soviets tanks best tanks ! Well known fact, tovarisch !

 



WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:36 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48454 battles
  • 1,604
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

View PostBracciano_gatto, on 10 November 2018 - 01:14 AM, said:

Because Soviets tanks best tanks ! Well known fact, tovarisch !


 

 

Well done, your answer has nothing to do with the question.

In I think update 0.9.18 they rebalanced the whole light tank line to remove the +3 MM and give them the standard +/-2MM, promoting tier 8's up to tier 9 (except China), and added new tanks below and above. Light tanks were apparently considered too powerful or fun, so many lost their better guns (AMX ELC, VK28, etc). They also wanted to remove the T49 derp gun, but apparently didn't due to complaints in testing. The fact that many people in the community didn't want many of these changes was largely ignored, and many players since have expressed a preference for the Tier 9 rather than the tier 10 lights, So, I think they made rather a hash of the whole concept, but it's also the maps that need fixing so that lights have more applicability, not just the lights themselves. I guess the addition of wheeled vehicles will put a spotlight on the issues, especially if 6 months later no-one is playing them.



baribal_80 #4 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:02 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22218 battles
  • 510
  • Member since:
    02-27-2012
Light tanks could use small vr buffs but you underestimate the value of camo. WG are afraid of late game situations where on open maps a light can spot from the edge of his view range. With high camo but lower vr they forced lights to spot at 300-400m range, sometimes even 200-400. Lights still outspot enemy tanks (privided same crews) but without bushes they can't spot, drive 20-30m out of enemy vr and shoot him. Now without bushes lights can't shoot at the distance they were designed to spot (ok rhm can but it's a craplight)

Homer_J #5 Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:02 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 29674 battles
  • 31,370
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDDRfreak457, on 10 November 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Hello dear Wargaming and community... Does anyone wonder why LT tanks are in the game? I mean I did compare T-54 lt., Obj 430U and T-100LT and this is what I got.

  • Crew 100%: BiA, Situational Awareness, Recon.
  • Equipment: Binocular Telescope, Improved Ventilation Class 1, Coated Optics.

Result:

  1. T-54 lt.: View Range 539m, 
  2. T-100LT: View Range 537m
  3. Obj. 430U: View Range 551m

 

Can someone explain me..

 

 

You forgot that spotting is not just about view range, it is also about camo, and being able to move to a position without being spotted.

 

Light tanks have better camo especially on the move.



Search_Warrant #6 Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27629 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011

Just a heads up. they dident rebalance anything with LT's they mearly gave them "god awefull MM" to "still garbage undergunned crap" MM past tier 8. many tier 7 guns still have 145pen for god sakes..... what the hell is that gonna do to tier 8? let alone 9!.

 

The LT "rebalance" was just to make tier 9-10 LT's for poor fools to grind and realise they all suck. only 1 LT that is FUN is the T49 with derp. the only higher tier LT. LT's need there pen/accuracy buffing badly. they suffer badly. low HP, poor guns and no armor. why do they even exist?


Edited by Search_Warrant, 10 November 2018 - 02:05 PM.


RockyRoller #7 Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34000 battles
  • 1,328
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2016

Some light tanks are not spotters, it is that simple. But if you get that camo, view and radio range maxed out you can nibble away tracks at long range, and let the mediums do the easier target damage just like the campaign missions ask you too.

 

tbh there are some maps where the sheeple camp a corner and expect a light to get splatted finding TDs for them, and I think F them, I'm going to the other side of the tracks and help those players who are taking the risks.


Edited by RockyRoller, 10 November 2018 - 02:55 PM.


NoobySkooby #8 Posted 10 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 15019 battles
  • 3,692
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

LT's are fun even if I cannot use them proper, whizz around, pick a bush, die while you are looking somewhere else:D

 

 

 

Whats not to love Pz1c +ELC even 90, just fun piss around tanks:trollface:

13:58 Added after 0 minutes

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 10 November 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

Just a heads up. they dident rebalance anything with LT's they mearly gave them "god awefull MM" to "still garbage undergunned crap" MM past tier 8. many tier 7 guns still have 145pen for god sakes..... what the hell is that gonna do to tier 8? let alone 9!.

 

The LT "rebalance" was just to make tier 9-10 LT's for poor fools to grind and realise they all suck. only 1 LT that is FUN is the T49 with derp. the only higher tier LT. LT's need there pen/accuracy buffing badly. they suffer badly. low HP, poor guns and no armor. why do they even exist?

 

For me to have a an absolute blast in and have very very quick battles:popcorn:

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24115 battles
  • 4,390
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

Because an Obj 430U moves like a brick and T54 moves like a rocket while maintaining full camo? I find light tanks are amazing on open maps and can really be exploited by half decent players that have good experience of their tank, the maps and all other tanks which they can exploit. 

 

If you're struggling to play light tanks then don't play them and go get an Obj 430U instead since it's the complete package in your opinion, simple. Only you'll probably come back soon after complaining of Swedish TD's that picked your slow tank apart after you were spotted by a light tank that then races circles around your crippled medium pumping and gold spamming and just what the point of slow meds are when you can play stronk fast Russian heavies... oh and also complain because a Type5 laughed at your Obj 430U on a tight corridor map and derped your roof and deck for a million hp. 



Danger__UXB #10 Posted 10 November 2018 - 03:24 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9786 battles
  • 2,770
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

There is more to light tanking than just V/R ( What you state only applies in LOS) ...there will be times you will need it and times you will not...

 

 

Lights have cammo on the move and with this creates so many opportunities to get to better positions than you could in other classes...so its up to the player to fully exploit the terrain to be effective and if you can its

possible to get to positions 'Fast' and unspotted to be very effective for your team...(Never under estimate the power of out positioning the other team as this is what wins games)

 

 

Be active and non-predictable and you will be fine.

 

 

In my opinion WG not only gave then bad guns, V/R and Pen drop at distance to force players in to within 3-400m to be effective (You can do this by using the terrain) ........but also to stop them being played as super mobile meds?

 

..which could be devastating in the right hands?..

 

 

Lights are the best multi-role tanks in the game so players just need to learn not only the roles they offer?..but also when to use them to be fully effective.

 

 

=LOS V/R is just one of its strengths but never rely on it unless your using a bush or confronting 'Blind' Russian heavies..

 

 


Edited by Danger__UXB, 10 November 2018 - 03:43 PM.


DDRfreak457 #11 Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:00 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17233 battles
  • 27
  • [WZ-CR] WZ-CR
  • Member since:
    04-13-2013

View PostTungstenHitman, on 10 November 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

Because an Obj 430U moves like a brick and T54 moves like a rocket while maintaining full camo? I find light tanks are amazing on open maps and can really be exploited by half decent players that have good experience of their tank, the maps and all other tanks which they can exploit. 

 

If you're struggling to play light tanks then don't play them and go get an Obj 430U instead since it's the complete package in your opinion, simple. Only you'll probably come back soon after complaining of Swedish TD's that picked your slow tank apart after you were spotted by a light tank that then races circles around your crippled medium pumping and gold spamming and just what the point of slow meds are when you can play stronk fast Russian heavies... oh and also complain because a Type5 laughed at your Obj 430U on a tight corridor map and derped your roof and deck for a million hp. 


I don't struggle to play with LT's sometimes they are really fun to play. I understand whole mechanic of LT's and camo and everything... But I wanted to say that I try to spot so much for people and then Obj. 430U maybe 100m behind me spoted Sheridan and I was in front of him.... Plus I have everything maxed out for spot... :(



pucku #12 Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 32249 battles
  • 273
  • Member since:
    03-25-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 10 November 2018 - 09:02 AM, said:

 

Light tanks have better camo especially on the move.

 

Light tanks have better camo on the move. But they have pretty bad camo when stationary. There are lots of TDs and MTs that have far better camo when stationary. But camo on the move is far more important, so it isn't that big of a deal.

 

Even 90, for example, has worse camo when stationary than Object 416. That's pretty ridiculous.


Edited by pucku, 10 November 2018 - 07:27 PM.


DeadLecter #13 Posted 10 November 2018 - 07:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 25036 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    05-28-2016
with a few maps that actually need a spotter, all other maps don't need one at all. And those maps that need a spotted, the job can be done in a fast med. With that said, scouts are all good and fun up until tier 10. At tier 10 they are utter garbage, totally useless since bc25t can do the same job and keeps the gun of a med. Even Russian objects can do the same job

TungstenHitman #14 Posted 10 November 2018 - 08:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24115 battles
  • 4,390
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostDDRfreak457, on 10 November 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:


I don't struggle to play with LT's sometimes they are really fun to play. I understand whole mechanic of LT's and camo and everything... But I wanted to say that I try to spot so much for people and then Obj. 430U maybe 100m behind me spoted Sheridan and I was in front of him.... Plus I have everything maxed out for spot... :(

 

Ahhh I get your point. Ya some tanks have too much view range I agree and for a class like a light tank to have any relevance in this game along with making suffering on small and city maps acceptable, they really should be rewarded with not just the excellent mobility most have, but also the best view range. Some have but it's more a case of nerfing view ranges on classes like heavies and to lessor extent, mediums.

 

For example, even at tier8, you have super heavies, not just heavies but bloody super heavies, such as the VK 100.01 (P) and the VK 168.01 with 400 view range as standard. Which, depending on playstyle preference in which optics are used instead of vents and decent crew with BIA and situ, has a view range of 465m... I what the fork is that about? and that's before we even go to tier9 and 10. As you say, something of that view range on a medium which combines decent camo and mobility and light tanks offer little at all really. Certainly not worth suffering the small and city maps just so when you finally do get a big open map, a bloody super heavy can just plod up a ridge line spotting and bouncing shots lol. To go back to the tier8 VK. A player could have a crew with all 3 view range boosters, BIA, Situ and Recon along with using food for a mind blowing view range of 500m. Can you believe that? 500m view range on a tier8 superH lol. You don't need a light tank it's a mobile concrete bunker with a Hubble telescope and cannon attached.



Gremlin182 #15 Posted 10 November 2018 - 09:05 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 49577 battles
  • 8,340
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

The T54 ltwt has a similar camo rating to the OBJ 430U and with that setup they could spot each other about the same distance.

 

However its almost certain the Lt tank crew would have trained in camo and the OBJ would have gone for repairs first.

I doubt either would have binoculars but its probably more likely on a light tank than a medium.

 

Same setup but with the T-54 ltwt with 100% camo would mean the Light could spot the medium at 445 meters as before while the medium would have to close to 397.

Its not that much

The T-100 LT fares a little better as its got a higher camo rating.

 

http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator







Also tagged with Spot, Spotting, Light Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users