imperiumgraecum #21 Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 61909 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostFuZzZzzz, on 12 November 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

REMOVE AIRSTRIKES FROM SH 6&8!

Yeah, that too. ^

I mean, what kind of a lobotomized primate must the one that proposed the inclusion of airstrikes in t6,8Sh be?

Edited by imperiumgraecum, 12 November 2018 - 03:50 PM.

binmaa10 #22 Posted 12 November 2018 - 03:51 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 30784 battles
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 12 November 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

I highlighted the interesting ideas.

Meeting similarly skilled opponents isn't a bad concept per se, but WG need to work around the obvious and less obvious deadlocks, like the one Keyhand showed in his SS.

It definately isn't but then you need some kind of reward as an incentive to get better. Currently in Skirmishes amd Advances you are getting punished for getting better. Which isn't really motivating to give your best. Even though the system forces you to do so. 

That would be another solution, make clear that the modes are competitive and also give some incentive to become better.

I'd love to see Skirmishes as funmode and Advances as the competitive one mentioned above. This would also differentiate the modes enough to target different audiences. As currently they both have some casual and some tryhard elements.

Edited by binmaa10, 12 November 2018 - 04:17 PM.

FireflyDivision #23 Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24323 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

Welcome to the CW/SH forum warrior club :P

While you're at it, also remove arty/air strikes. 

Edited by FireflyDivision, 12 November 2018 - 04:06 PM.

mango91 #24 Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:06 PM

Captain

• Clan Diplomat
  • 43055 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I'd say the active playerbase with a certain skill level agrees on these points

I've already submitted (some months ago, I'n not able to find the post unluckily) a math model where the difference in ELO, and the ELO itself why not, is functional to creds and exp gains

this way as a 1000 ELO clan, while playing vs a 1400 ELO clan you'd have an higher % even losing. On the other hand, the 1400 ELO guys are having fun and probably trolling and winning

When 2 1400 ELO clans meet, instead, they both have a % bonus due to their ability

and yes, artystrike is just frustrating

Norstein_Bekker #25 Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20337 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

First, this :

Block Quote

If the rewards would have also scaled accordingly. Right now you actually get punished for being good. You have to tryhard every game as Keyhand pointed out already. Always serious business. And for what? The EXACT same rewards like anyone else.

Absolutely totally agree.

Now let's see how "funny" are the strongholds 

Tier VI consists mostly of : T-34-85M (what a great idea to give such a good tonk through a marathon), sometime Types 64 (wait, are those two premium tonks ? Yes they are)

Tier VIII now : Defender, 252U (no it's not the same), Progetto, Caernavon AX, Skorpion. (Yes, more variety ... Of premium tonks :teethhappy: Okay, okay, you can add standard Caern)

Tier X : Can someone enlighten me on this one ? 907 ? WZ 5A ? Well nobody play this mode anyway, especially since it became 10v10.

SH changes were made to make small clans play more. They did play more, but since they didn't win as much as they expected, they play 2 games then stop. So much for activity, In november 2015 you had around 1 300k to 1 500k SH games per week. In November 2016, you had around 1 600k with a peak at 1 955k games played. Nowadays you barely reach 1 300/400 and oftenly drop under the million games played per week ( http://wot-news.com/stat/server/eu/norm/en ;) 

So much for SH activity. What a joke.

Also, you can't have this anymore 

Also, airstrikes that decide the outcome of a batlle in tier 6/8 ? Very good idea :sceptic:

TheDrownedApe #26 Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 45361 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

clans posting so far:

ROIDS

WEBAN

KNOUT

N00T

S__G

MEME

GO_IN
IDEAL

ST0RM

NOMI

WHO

ORKI

Edited by Dr_ownape, 12 November 2018 - 04:17 PM.

sakalito #27 Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 67096 battles
  • [CSA] CSA

add me to the list, my players lost interest in normal shs long time ago...strikes dont help it either

Pipekkd #28 Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 5879 battles
  • [NOMI] NOMI
Before changes in sh most of the good and weak clans had + 2k battles sh in month, but now there are only a few clans with + 1k battles. Clans are falling apart one by one, players stop playing because sh games does not bring fun. When i was in PIGEO i remember we have +4k battles in sh. Think about it WG.

Joggaman #29 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24592 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_ownape, on 12 November 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

clans posting so far:

-snip-

NN4IGUS #30 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 21518 battles
  • [-IRI-] -IRI-

I play in a lot of bad clan SH  with Blablapaige in duo

fun fact : they still suck 

fun fact 2 : they still camp

fun fact 3 : they still don't understand how they won 

Edited by NN4IGUS, 12 November 2018 - 05:25 PM.

Dr_Oolen #31 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22691 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

One could even say that WG completely ruined everything related to clan activity in the last 2 years.

CW is now completely pointless.

SH is completely pointless.

Even campaigns have been utter garbage lately - terribad rewards with terribad rulesets.

Its like WG are trying hard to make randoms the only gamemode where one can actually get something, and then once everyone is funneled into randoms they make sure randoms are filled with aids broken/op tanks with ebola MM on shitstain maps where you 22/play the newest premium/newest tech tree ehavy tonk or go home.

fwhaatpiraat #32 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50308 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostFuII_Control, on 12 November 2018 - 03:09 PM, said:

WG introduced this skill based sistem because bot clans were crying that they were getting rekt in skirmishes.

Tier 6: Haven`t played that in a while heard is OP premium spam and still u get the better strike on them you win.

Tier 8:

Clansfight  with 5 defenders and progettos  spamming gold at each other and win might be resulted in the team that gets the better airstrike.

Tier X:

Bullcrap! It should be 15v15 not 10v10.  Just yolo rush with 907`s and 268 v4`s and GG.

This.

View PostDr_Oolen, on 12 November 2018 - 03:23 PM, said:

WG did kill SH with those changes indeed. I used to love SH, i could see myself play SH only and never touch randoms again. After the changes SH simply isnt fun, it turned into tryhard [Edited].

No defender or progetto? Well, [edited]you, we wont allow you to play because then we wouldnt win against other tryhard setups..., and even with tryhard setup its still aids because everyone gets instatroggeld because you win 60% of the games only anyway. At which point you might as well play solo randoms in a t8 premium and you get more credits, same or better winrate, triple the XP and same amount of rage... Theres simply no point to play SH unless you want to farm boxes, but what use are those boxes outside of SH? Right, pretty much no use...

The funny thing is that while the truly terrible clans for which WG made these retarded changes might be enjoying maybe 5% higher winrates, so barely even notice any difference in enjoyment, all the good clans enjoy like 20-40% worse winrate than previously, while on top of that one cant even play for fun and tanks one wants to play.

There really is just one way to salvage SH imo... remove the MM and make it so that personal reserves work in SH. Then SH would once again be more worthwhile than randoms.

And this also.

It used to be really fun, being with friends, having nice moments of teamplay and making credits. But then the teams with base camping O-I's came, and now the t34-85M for balance da. At tier 8 it's an even bigger mess. Tier 10 is also really balanced cyka. No reason at all to play skirmishes nowadays.

VeryRisky #33 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 18157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

seems as good a time as any to throw out an idea I've been mulling over for a bit.

Weekly changing team requirements

Say we leave the existing modes alone and WG announce the every Wednesday or whenever there will be a team/clan mode with the tank requirements announced 24hrs beforehand or on the morning.   We've have max-t8 7/42 and 7/54 for long periods and after a while the mode is worked out and the tank lineups start to get very set.    So lets have it that we don't ages  beforehand and find that the battle is 7/45 max 7  or 6/58 max 10.  The requirements could even say MT/LT only or TD/LT or make it one nation vs another.   Hell they could just say tier 2 and see what happens.  

I think there would be a lot of interest and fun and if a particular limit set didn't work out well, then just move on, another week another mode.

fwhaatpiraat #34 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50308 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Edit: nvm.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 12 November 2018 - 05:41 PM.

Igor_BL #35 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41658 battles
  • [GX] GX

I can only agree on both those suggestions (remove skill MM from SH and remove arty-strike)

personally, I would completely remove arty-strike from SH/advance.

tierX SH is more or less dead.

tierVIII SH is playing only meta tanks against very few opponents

P.S. Reason I enjoy CW more then Advances is:
1) no arty strike

2) fog of war. Way more interesting.

Edited by Igor_BL, 12 November 2018 - 05:54 PM.

Mettkrieger #36 Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 36554 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostDr_Oolen, on 12 November 2018 - 05:38 PM, said:

One could even say that WG completely ruined everything related to clan activity in the last 2 years.

CW is now completely pointless.

SH is completely pointless.

Even campaigns have been utter garbage lately - terribad rewards with terribad rulesets.

Its like WG are trying hard to make randoms the only gamemode where one can actually get something, and then once everyone is funneled into randoms they make sure randoms are filled with aids broken/op tanks with ebola MM on shitstain maps where you 22/play the newest premium/newest tech tree ehavy tonk or go home.

You forgot the recent clan tournaments where the admin didn't know the ruleset and the ruleset was faulty. Which got fixed for most of the clans being eliminated by it, but two...

SH was THE mode for relaxed gameplay for me. Nowadays I don't even want to play it, because I HAVE to tryhard every round if I want the same winrate (and thus rewards) like before

Al_Oween #37 Posted 12 November 2018 - 06:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27649 battles
  • [GDUCK] GDUCK

T8 SH was the only "real" fun mod.

Now there is only T6 SH ... But that's full of T-34-85M and don't give really money.

Make the real SH back again :izmena:

ralesm1989 #38 Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30793 battles
  • [GX] GX

Full support Key. 

Changes were made in first place because minors were crying how they are getting owned over and over again. 

So, long story short, I see two possible solutions - 1. keep this as it is, but you really need to award top clans for playing each other all the time, being bored of it, and being under constant pressure (all what Keyhand mentioned), or 2. change it completely to what it was before, with some changes.

If you restore it to previous format, maybe you could limit number of attacks in unit of time on one clan. So some clans can't get bullied all the time. Or do something similar. But anyway, previous format was more exciting, at least for me. I still remember weekends in L-FEW, when half of us came back from out, drunk, other half got out of bed to play SH. :D Much more fun, almost no tryharding at all. 

When it's up to artystrikes, I'm not sure about it. For me, that changes game to often. I would remove it. 

Also, I need to repeat what I've said many times. It looks like that WG is trying to kill any competitiveness. First, changes to global map. They almost ruined it completely. Luckily, they fix that a bit with some changes. Then, in time where clans dying on daily basis, they make this stupidity with people making useless creations (clans with 1-5 people for 1.000.000 creds). I mean, point of clans is to play with group of people, not opposite. Then, they also ruined awards in campains. Also - ESPORTS in 2k18? What was that. Non-existing anymore. And last thing, this SH formats. 

Something really need to be changed. Because this is not good, really. I just hope someone reading this, and will take this feedback seriously, if you want this game to live.

Olch #39 Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:19 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 47906 battles
  • [TRVST] TRVST

100% Agree with Keyhand.

In general i could live with a skill-MM if u would get any kind of rewards for having a high ELO. For example the ELO could work as a credit- and XP-multiplier.

The way it is now, is just annoying and demotivating.

Domstadtkerl #40 Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23840 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL

View PostthePhilX, on 12 November 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Hey Domstadtkerl :)

reading this thread :popcorn: and looking for some good solutions :justwait:

After talking with you and knowing WG's stand point on this matter, I cant see anything wrong with my statement. You are Community Manager, not someone who is in charge of game mechanics.

Also tagged with SH, Stronghold, SkillMM, MM, Advance

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users